[Spoilers] Discussion Topic: Season 9

Tensor

Given the taping report for The Platonic Permutation does anyone think Sheldon Amy will stay in the just friends category for most of the rest of the season?

Not necessarily.  We barely get a moment of that situation.  I think we'll need to see what happens in the upcoming taping report to see what the greater reaction will be.

In Platonic, it seems we see that Amy is very disappointed in his response, but we don't know how well she accepts his decision, or if he even wants what he says he wants, or how going back to being just friends will look like with them at this point.

• Like 5

All my opinion, but I think the tapings for the November sweeps period are complete, and the Shamy relationship will stay status-quo until that much looked forward to 200th episode. As was the 150th, I expect it will have a focus on Shamy; this time, their reconciliation. Perhaps spurred on by Penny informing Amy about the ring.... Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Given how much she pushed their relationship in the past, I don't think Amy would give up that easily.

I agree with you. 

I am sure Amy was taken by surprise by Sheldon's response, and she is hurt by it.

However, Amy knows Sheldon.   She's been through this with him before.   She knows that he enjoyed their time together, and she knows he would not have asked her the questions he did if he did not care.     However, she also underestimated the consequences of the break up on Sheldon emotionally.    So, while she didn't get back what they had, she didn't lose everything.

It is my hope that she will initiate discussions with Sheldon as a result of his response, but even if she doesn't and decides to allow Sheldon the comfort of just being friends right now, I think she will do whatever she can to convince Sheldon that she belongs to him after all.   She's smart.   She knows the secret to winning him over is to give him attention, play games, challenge him, take care of him when he's hungry (bag of cereal in dash pocket), make tea, etc. 

I think she will be the one surprised by the reactions she's going to get from him now that he's decided to focus on the people in his life instead of emulating fictional characters.

• Like 6

If I'm not mistaken, does this mean we are looking at the 200th episode in mid-to late March 2016?

It depends on how many episodes they choose to air in Dec/Jan--I think they've typically done 2 episodes in each of those months, then maybe 3 during February sweeps, so it could air in March.

• Like 1

Yeah, because we don't have anything for episode 17 yet.  It's going to depend on how many new shows air in December and January. if they air two in December and three in January, 200 will be the last Thursday of sweeps, 25 February.  If they only air two in January, then it will be 18 February.  I would lean to it being on the 25th.  I don't see them moving it into March.  They will want it in the sweeps.

If they keep with their normal schedule, it should tape on the 9th of February.  But we don't have taping dates for February yet.  

Edited by Tensor
  • Like 6

If Star Wars is going to be in 9.10, it will be taped tomorrow night. 

If tomorrow night's episode is going to be a SW-related episode, what do you think the episode's title could be?

But couldn't they do a SW episode as 9x11?  Do we know what the airdates are going to be in December?

If tomorrow night's episode is going to be a SW-related episode, what do you think the episode's title could be?

But couldn't they do a SW episode as 9x11?  Do we know what the airdates are going to be in December?

I'll quote myself so I don't have type it again:

We're getting TBBT episodes on Dec 10th (9x10) and 17th (9x11). Star Wars 7 is officially released on Dec 18th in North America. There's also a LA premiere earlier on Dec 14th.

If I remember correctly, they said in one interview a little while ago that they'd want to do something Star Wars related (because obviously) but didn't specify what or when. With the release date shortly before Christmas and close to the Dec episodes my guess would be that one of those would have at least something Star Wars related in them with the guys preparing for the big event in some way (scoring tickets, planning costumes, something like that).

Ideally for me we'd get Star Wars in 9x10 and Christmas 9x11.

• Like 1

I'll quote myself so I don't have type it again:

Okay, but that means that we don't know if the one that will tape tomorrow will be Christmas, or SW or neither, right?

I was just wondering if we had any information in that regard.

They might not do a Christmas related episode, since they did one last season.  With only 2 dates to choose from and one of them possibly related to SW, it could diminish the chances of getting a Christmas episode, but who knows.

I guess we'll know more in a couple of days! :)

• Like 2

Okay, but that means that we don't know if the one that will tape tomorrow will be Christmas, or SW or neither, right?

Right.  I was just replying that IF a SW episode was going to be 9.10, it would tape tomorrow.  Sorry if I confused anyone.  

• Like 1

I was just wondering if we had any information in that regard.

They might not do a Christmas related episode, since they did one last season.  With only 2 dates to choose from and one of them possibly related to SW, it could diminish the chances of getting a Christmas episode, but who knows.

I guess we'll know more in a couple of days! :)

the fact that Bill hasn't posted a picture of the script cover yet, either hints the chances are it may be an important episode e.g.. STAR WARS!!

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic