[Spoilers] Discussion Topic: Season 9

Tensor

Show diddnt end here comes a Friends referrnce lol. When Rachel, or Chandler moved out. So dont see if up changes, it would change much set up wise. Funny Howardette live together fine alone as married couple. Guess dont have a Sheldon haha. 

I'm not thinking this is equivalent, as three leads can't be split into multiple pairs, unlike in friends. I very much doubt Sheldon will be separated from Leonard until the show climaxes. I could be wrong... but look how they have wriggled out of splitting them so far. If Shamy cohabitate before then I'll be mildly surprised.  It would be novel. But then who will boggle at living with Sheldon? Amy loves his quirks. It's the boggling at those quirks that gets the laughs. Her cooing over him might be adorable but would it buy the baby a new dress?

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm absolutely ready for Leonard and Penny now getting their much deserved alone time as a married couple.  Come on writers, deliver us a juicy and fun Lenny plotline!

lol...thats probably not going to happen..... from now on leoarnd and penny probably will act as servants to Sheldon and Amy also I guess and will continue to "support" them planning for their wedding and engagment 

In season 1 Sheldon didn't know who Van Halen was but now he is a big Beach boys fan. I'm missing something.

He only would have had to hear the song once... eidetic memory remember?

He's already sung Queen this season. So I don't think he's musically illiterate 

they have a special toll when you go to Southern California. You need to be able to sing 5 Beach Boys songs to gain residence. I'm sure Sheldon passed that test with flying colors. Van who?

Plus, the Beach Boys are squeaky clean.  It's the sort of pop Mary would allow Shelly to be exposed to.    Van Halen?  Nsm.

Why aren't people more excited that Raj and Howard's band is back together? :icon_wink:

Thanks so much kazzie!  I really hope your health problems resolve soon.

I don't know what you mean by 'break the set up' exactly? I was talking about the 'setting' where the show is based not the actual scenery.

Even if Leonard and Penny move next door and Shamy live together in 4a the Hofstaders will still be hanging out in 4a with Sheldon, they're not gonna have group dinners in 4b all of a sudden.

They already sleep next door so there wouldn't be much difference on the show when they do officially 'move' - I don't understand why so many people are so fussed about it to be honest *shrugs*

I could only guess why you can't understand why so many people are fussed. But they are, it seems. It's a common expectation in liberal western societies, that the couple hive off to form their own household, given they have sufficient resources. Sheldon's arrangement with the Hofstadters is rather unusual. None of them are poor but they still live communally. It's an outlier event. Because Sheldon is special.

This is so totally awesome. Amazing how little Penny had to do the breakup and reconciliation considering how often Sheldon would ask her advice. She did make him understand that he was a bad boyfriend, but she never tried to push them back together. Just glad they now are. 

I could only guess why you can't understand why so many people are fussed. But they are, it seems. It's a common expectation in liberal western societies, that the couple hive off to form their own household, given they have sufficient resources. Sheldon's arrangement with the Hofstadters is rather unusual. None of them are poor but they still live communally. It's an outlier event. Because Sheldon is special.

Leonard and Penny are both self confessed commitment-phobes, they put off setting a date for their wedding because they were scared and Leonard subconsciously tried to sabotage the whole thing by confessing to his 'lip dalliance' with Mandy.

People are quick to blame Sheldon for 'keeping them apart' but to me it seems like they like things exactly the way they are!

This way Penny doesn't have to deal with all of Leonard's geeky collectables that she hates so much, Leonard has a 'man cave' he can hang out and play xbox in when Penny is watching the TV shows that he hates and they both have the perfect safety net of 'not officially living together' even though they totally do!

They have both put Sheldon in his place with regards to things they wanted to do in the past despite his tantrums, if they really wanted to cut the chord completely then they would.

Either way there won't be much of a change in the dynamics of the show as the majority of the main characters (more so S, L, P as they are the main 3) will be hanging out in 4a as they always have, until one of the couples has kids then not much is really gonna change - which is why I don't see it as an issue :)

I think the only reason Leonard and Penny live with Sheldon is because they're extremely good friends and don't think he can be alone when he's that upset. They're married now, I don't think living together would scare them at this point. 

Edited by No Regrets

Thank you, kazzie! I am also thrilled that a Shamy witnessed what seems to be a reconciliation of such Holy Shit levels.

This is my internal dialogue on reading this TR:

Superego (bearing a striking resemblance to Sheldon): So this reconciliation is basically a romantic comedy, eh?

Id: EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Superego: So.... why is Amy dating Dave after she asked Sheldon to get back together the previous episode? Why is she dating at all, and if she is dating, why is she dating the dude who climaxed about Sheldon? Are they going to bond about how awesome Sheldon is?

Id: EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dave! Sheldon Fan Dave!

Superego: She's recoiling from the kiss, so that's good I guess? But why-

Id: EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RECOILING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IN YOUR FACE, DAVE!!!!!! 

Superego and Id: heh, Dave is thrilled that Sheldon's showed up at the door.

Superego: Sheldon has had an epiphany brought on by a song.

Id: EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Superego: Not just any song, but a Beach Boys song. Beach. Boys. Song.

Id: EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NEW FAVOURITE SONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Superego: I mean, I like the Beach Boys, but come on- this DOESN'T make you throw up a little bit?

Id: SHUT UP! MY BABIIIEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

Id and Superego: Okay, Dave is awesome.

Id: AW, YEAH! PUT SOME SUGAR IN HER BOWL, SHELDON!

Superego: I mean, they're back together and we STILL don't know why Amy broke up with him or what Sheldon learned and they STILL haven't had a conversation and mmmmppphhhhhhhhhhakafgjartjoln

(Id drowns Superego in barrel of Malmsey wine. Or Cabernet Sauvignon.)

This is gold... Pure gold

IS this too soon?  I think not!  Okay... Dig that crazy beat, Shippers!  

OK everybody got their shorts tied in a knot ... Penny and Leonard were in the process of moving into 4B but the Sheldon and Amy had their miscommunication sooo to keep Sheldon from regressing tooo much ... he wanted to go back to 2003 remember ... Leonard and Penny agreed to stay status quo ... Leonard would go back and forth between 4A and 4B and so would Penny .... NOW with the renewed SHAMY it would be possible that Sheldon would now want Amy as a roommate and I don't think Penny or Leonard would argue against this ... YES they could all get together in 4A as always but the group is getting larger now there are 9 of them now ... they may have to resurrect that dinning room table ... anyway this is just speculation on my part ... it wont change the dynamics of the group  Penny, Leonard and Sheldon will still be at 2311 Los Robles 4th floor just add Amy to the mix and she can take Sheldon to work and home again leaving Penny and Leonard alone to come up with some strange and wonderful new story lines ... Leonard and Penny play hooky from work .... LOL LOL .... 

BUT YOU ALL ARE TAKING THIS ALL TO SERIOUSLY  .... ITS A TV SHOW  ..... NOT REAL ... NOT REAL .... GET A LIFE PEOPLE ...

I enjoy it as much as you do and I can get into the fact that the writers are messing with the characters but that is all Chuck and company ... Chuck started this stuff with SHAMY he was on of the credited writes of that first show that broke them up so to speak ... this situation caused more interest in the show than not .. will they stay broken, will they get back together, when will it happen, will Sheldon grow up, will Amy get a new boyfriend, we the fans used up a lot of virtual ink in complaining about it cursing out the writers and the show runner so I think they did what they started out to do ... KEEP YOUR INTEREST IN THE SHOW .....

bye for now ....  ohh the 9 ... Penny, Leonard, Sheldon, Amy, Howard, Bernadette, Raj, Emily, Stuart ...

Edited by fixitmr

For a few moments, I thought we had broken the forum.

I hope they don't flip the episode broadcasting order. But anyway, the episode seems beautiful. Hope they don't cut the crucial scenes, aka the kisses (yes, in plural oh my fucking god this is happening!!!)

Guys, this is real. IT'S REAL AND THAT'S ME BY INSIDE

tumblr_njmdapSjJj1sbfq4po2_250.gif
tumblr_njmdapSjJj1sbfq4po3_250.gif
tumblr_njmdapSjJj1sbfq4po4_250.gif
cora5.gif
cora6.gif

50 minutes ago, fixitmr said:

OK everybody got their shorts tied in a knot ... Penny and Leonard were in the process of moving into 4B but the Sheldon and Amy had their miscommunication sooo to keep Sheldon from regressing tooo much ... he wanted to go back to 2003 remember ... Leonard and Penny agreed to stay status quo ... Leonard would go back and forth between 4A and 4B and so would Penny .... NOW with the renewed SHAMY it would be possible that Sheldon would now want Amy as a roommate and I don't think Penny or Leonard would argue against this ... YES they could all get together in 4A as always but the group is getting larger now there are 9 of them now ... they may have to resurrect that dinning room table ... anyway this is just speculation on my part ... it wont change the dynamics of the group  Penny, Leonard and Sheldon will still be at 2311 Los Robles 4th floor just add Amy to the mix and she can take Sheldon to work and home again leaving Penny and Leonard alone to come up with some strange and wonderful new story lines ... Leonard and Penny play hooky from work .... LOL LOL .... 

BUT YOU ALL ARE TAKING THIS ALL TO SERIOUSLY  .... ITS A TV SHOW  ..... NOT REAL ... NOT REAL .... GET A LIFE PEOPLE ...

I enjoy it as much as you do and I can get into the fact that the writers are messing with the characters but that is all Chuck and company ... Chuck started this stuff with SHAMY he was on of the credited writes of that first show that broke them up so to speak ... this situation caused more interest in the show than not .. will they stay broken, will they get back together, when will it happen, will Sheldon grow up, will Amy get a new boyfriend, we the fans used up a lot of virtual ink in complaining about it cursing out the writers and the show runner so I think they did what they started out to do ... KEEP YOUR INTEREST IN THE SHOW .....

bye for now ....  ohh the 9 ... Penny, Leonard, Sheldon, Amy, Howard, Bernadette, Raj, Emily, Stuart ...

i really enjoy the ensemble and everyone one of the 9 you mention, and with the Shamy drama looking like its resolved im looking forward to seeing what the other characters are up to and getting back to fun.

that being said, shouting "get a life" on an online forum about a tv show? most people watch the show without the desire to post on forums like this. to them, we ALL need to get a life...

yeah we take it too seriously, duh--thats why we are posting on this forum lol

1 hour ago, Ranger Rosa said:

For a few moments, I thought we had broken the forum.

I hope they don't flip the episode broadcasting order. But anyway, the episode seems beautiful. Hope they don't cut the crucial scenes, aka the kisses (yes, in plural oh my fucking god this is happening!!!)

Guys, this is real. IT'S REAL AND THAT'S ME BY INSIDE

tumblr_njmdapSjJj1sbfq4po2_250.gif
tumblr_njmdapSjJj1sbfq4po3_250.gif
tumblr_njmdapSjJj1sbfq4po4_250.gif
cora5.gif
cora6.gif

Are you brazilian?

Me, trying to explain the Shamy fan reactions to my husband:
Last Month: I'm quitting the show! I'm never watching again! This season sucks! These writers suck! Fire them all!
Now: OhMyGodThisIsTheBestShowEverShamyIsBackTogetherAndTheyMadeOutAndItWasOpenMouthAndLikeOhMyGodICantBreathe! Squeeeeeeeeeeee!

Just kidding. I'm happy for the Shamy fans. It's been a fun 12 hours watching/reading all your reactions :) Now hopefully we can all be happy together! 

4 hours ago, wowbagger said:

Thank you, kazzie! I am also thrilled that a Shamy witnessed what seems to be a reconciliation of such Holy Shit levels.

This is my internal dialogue on reading this TR:

Superego (bearing a striking resemblance to Sheldon): So this reconciliation is basically a romantic comedy, eh?

Id: EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Superego: So.... why is Amy dating Dave after she asked Sheldon to get back together the previous episode? Why is she dating at all, and if she is dating, why is she dating the dude who climaxed about Sheldon? Are they going to bond about how awesome Sheldon is?

Id: EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dave! Sheldon Fan Dave!

Superego: She's recoiling from the kiss, so that's good I guess? But why-

Id: EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RECOILING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IN YOUR FACE, DAVE!!!!!! 

Superego and Id: heh, Dave is thrilled that Sheldon's showed up at the door.

Superego: Sheldon has had an epiphany brought on by a song.

Id: EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Superego: Not just any song, but a Beach Boys song. Beach. Boys. Song.

Id: EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NEW FAVOURITE SONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Superego: I mean, I like the Beach Boys, but come on- this DOESN'T make you throw up a little bit?

Id: SHUT UP! MY BABIIIEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

Id and Superego: Okay, Dave is awesome.

Id: AW, YEAH! PUT SOME SUGAR IN HER BOWL, SHELDON!

Superego: I mean, they're back together and we STILL don't know why Amy broke up with him or what Sheldon learned and they STILL haven't had a conversation and mmmmppphhhhhhhhhhakafgjartjoln

(Id drowns Superego in barrel of Malmsey wine. Or Cabernet Sauvignon.)

This is my new favorite post ever lmao!!!

50 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Can't wait to this episode airs so all this nonsense will end.

Actually I agree with the "nonsense" but maybe not for the same reason.  I'm glad that Shamy is back together BUT totally agree with many who think it was, oh how do I say it, a DUMB story arc. 

I also would like to have an episode or two centered around someone whose character name does not begin with SH...

40 minutes ago, Kasey said:

Actually I agree with the "nonsense" but maybe not for the same reason.  I'm glad that Shamy is back together BUT totally agree with many who think it was, oh how do I say it, a DUMB story arc. 

I also would like to have an episode or two centered around someone whose character name does not begin with SH...

It seems that the writers did this DUMB story arc just to stall things. I'm not sure what's different now with Shamy compared to the end of season 8. It did stop people from talking about coitus.