The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion Topic: Season 9

8 minutes ago, Amy Fowler said:

As Sheldon is the only one who communicates with Proton that kinda won't happen...

I wasen't refering to Proton specifically, but more a general overall assesment of the show.

• Like 2

I know I'm going to be hated, but after I saw and heard that girl who  came to the door, I wish they would have had her go on a date with Sheldon in another episode.  It was sort of cool, they were the same height and she knew Klingon.

• Like 5

Well I am of the thinking in minority Shamy should of never reconciled. Until Sheldon went on a few dates with some women. The comedic potential would be priceless. Talking Klingon in a date would of been hilarious. But no they swept it under the rug, well not really they never talked their issues through. But Shamy are back together, and the drama has simmered, I guess that is all that counts. Although I liked how they wrote Lenny better then Shamy. In s5 when they got back together, it was so realistically done. They had that beta test, and talked through their issues. It was the beginning of Lenny developing trust and understanding. Maybe Shamy well get that in the next taping, discuss their problems. Problem is I am not sure they are matured enough.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, bluebird said:

Oh I know.. I came in here to see what's going on and was like: Oookay, back to Shamyland.. 

Apparently some people cannot deal with opposing views...oh well...

• Like 2

7 hours ago, kazzie said:

Lenny's, Lenny were very sweet in the episode. They were the normal Lenny team, They kissed, You see them sleeping in bed together. They bring very good comedy to this episode. And I love them as much as you guys for it :) No need to be upset. They are a fantastic team!

If you need me, Ill be other in the shamy thread. Only Rainbows and Unicorns for me ;)

Thanks again, kazzie. Much appreciated. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, SRAM said:

I know I'm going to be hated, but after I saw and heard that girl who  came to the door, I wish they would have had her go on a date with Sheldon in another episode.  It was sort of cool, they were the same height and she knew Klingon.

It would have been great to see how Sheldon would have handled an even more compatible women than Amy. But no woman would have logically put up with Sheldon's expectation of a girl friend: sit on the couch and adore him as he lived in his own mine. This is what he told Raj and Howard he wanted. Especially a woman who looked like that with that kind of brain power. Sheldon would not have been acceptable for more than one date.

Still, it was nice to see Sheldon the condescending, sexless, wet blanket of the early seasons.

Edited by BangerMain
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, phantagrae said:

I kinda hate to say it, but I think that we got pretty much all the Amy information we needed because ultimately it was not a story

I agree and disagree with you. It's nice we got more from Sheldon and you are right TBBT is about Sheldon (and Leonard's) journey not Amy's story but she said it herself that she has no idea why it went wrong. So there was no real reason to end it, the impulse to end it was but there wasn't any reasoning. I guess we'll just have to settle for that. Some is better than none and we've been wanting more from Amy for weeks. I'll take that

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Amy Fowler said:

I agree and disagree with you. It's nice we got more from Sheldon and you are right TBBT is about Sheldon (and Leonard's) journey not Amy's story but she said it herself that she has no idea why it went wrong. So there was no real reason to end it, the impulse to end it was but there wasn't any reasoning. I guess we'll just have to settle for that. Some is better than none and we've been wanting more from Amy for weeks. I'll take that

Amy, you got a totally different take on this than I did.   

When Dave asked her what went wrong, she said "That's a good question," and took a sip of her wine.   I took that not to mean that she didn't know, but as a purposeful pause before offering a reply that she thought the relationship took more work than it should have.   Then the paper writing on date night and receiving the gift of his speech for Valentines day were revealed.    It wasn't Sheldon she was unhappy with. It was his lack of attention to her.

However, I like your take so much better.   Your version really does make the impulsive break up more plausible.   There really was no reason to end it.  It just seemed to come from nowhere and then everything escalated to where they are now.   

Edited by jenafan
  • Like 5

TBH the break up in 8x24 was coming a looong time, since Sheldon left her in the lurch. So it was obvious why they broke up I thought. It's less obvious though why they reconciled so quickly. I thought they would be broken up at least 4-5 episodes, weird they got back together so soon, but whatever.

37 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

TBH the break up in 8x24 was coming a looong time, since Sheldon left her in the lurch. So it was obvious why they broke up I thought. It's less obvious though why they reconciled so quickly. I thought they would be broken up at least 4-5 episodes, weird they got back together so soon, but whatever.

You do realize that that the taping on Tuesday was for Episode 10, right?

Also, your comments about pillow talk are also wrong.  There was a scene of Lenny in bed talking in one of the recent tapings and the last one prior to this was in season 8, episode 14, "The Troll Manifestation".  

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, jenafan said:

Amy, you got a totally different take on this than I did.   

When Dave asked her what went wrong, she said "That's a good question," and took a sip of her wine.   I took that not to mean that she didn't know, but as a purposeful pause before offering a reply that she thought the relationship took more work than it should have.   Then the paper writing on date night and receiving the gift of his speech for Valentines day were revealed.    It wasn't Sheldon she was unhappy with. It was his lack of attention to her.

However, I like your take so much better.   Your version really does make the impulsive break up more plausible.   There really was no reason to end it.  It just seemed to come from nowhere and then everything escalated to where they are now.   

Oh absolutely to the bold bit. She totally wants attention. But that's why I think she asked for time at the end of 8x24. She needed to think about what she wanted and attention along with intamacy we're just a few among other wants. But then Sheldon kept pushing and pushing and pushing in 9x01 until the point when she snapped and reacted off the impulse her brain gave her. She had no reason behind saying 'we're broken up', she just had impulse. Which is why I got that that line 'that's a good question' was more for her sake as well as Daves. They were both in the same boat in terms of 'why did it happen' he was clueless, she was clueless. And that's why she paused and then answered. I'm just not sure how much an element of truth was in her answer.  

Also with the way she said that line, it comes across as she though she had never thought about the 'why' part of the break up. She's probably been upset about it all but she's never asked why.

Thank you jena :) that's why I love the forums, we all look at everything in so many different lights, it's hard to spotlight which one could be the official one. But it's great to discuss it. Its nice to see your side of things too :biggrin: 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SRAM said:

My first thought was that too before viewing the episode. But after seeing the episode that woman was way too hot for Sheldon. If someone came to the door looking more like Amy them  going on a date could of been funny.

28 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

My first thought was that too before viewing the episode. But after seeing the episode that woman was way too hot for Sheldon. If someone came to the door looking more like Amy them  going on a date could of been funny.

Because looks is all that matters?

Thanks for making me laugh.

• Like 1
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Denise07 said:

I'm still in shock about what I read and for me Shamy 2.0...wow...what a waste of time, space, effort.

Sorry, I had to find out Amy's side of things in off screen land (you know papercuts, she had to endure that over and over, and she just lost it).  So the ultimate point of this break up was for Amy to get her way...more intimacy, a Sheldon she can actually love since she changed and evolved (so Sheldon is all hippy dippy now), and BAM...we have make out Shamy.  We have perhaps a more normalized Shamy.  That's not what brought me on board to this ship.  It seems once again Amy is just here to support the story that Sheldon needed to change.  So her side of the story was largely left out but we knew she was ok dating, didn't say anything to anyone about what brought her to this point in TBBT land (yet her friends were vilified --how dare they let her date when Sheldon has a ring--how dare them-- bad friends).  Yawn!

Anyway, it's not all awful to me.  At least, the ring/vid wasn't part of the reconciliation.  But really just seems this was all about changing Sheldon and not about developing Amy in any way as a character.  Yeah, I am disappointed.  BIG TIME!!!

Yay for a Lenny kiss.  

Happy to see the return of Bob Newhart (sure it will be Shamy related but he was adorable as Obi-Wan). 

Also, maybe to we can get back to ensemble epis or maybe a Lenny plot, Raj-Emily

Denise: I agree with 100 % of your post. I feel sad for a lot of Shamy shippers. If I was one, I would be incredibly mad. This is the stupidest resolution to the way the conflict/need time/split was presented that I've ever read. I thought that a relationship was between 2 people but apparently it's not. It's between (in this case) Sheldon and a cardboard cut out of Amy. Looks like Amy, maybe even sounds like Amy but in reality it's just a puppet with as much independent thought as the Zachary Quinto as Spock cardboard fold out. As presented this split was nothing more than a writing exercise:

- Hhhhmmmmm, let's see what a Shamy split looks like, shall we?

- OK, let's do it, but.. what would be the reasons?

- Doesn't matter. We'll figure it out as we go along. Let the story take us where it might.

- Let's!

Puh-leez!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've read more intelligent reasons/resolutions/justifications for the split in these forums than TBBT has even come near. Pa-freaking-thetic.

3 hours ago, meka3000 said:

Amy in tonight's episode, "My 5 year relationship started to feel like it was more work than it was worth."

That doesn't sound like Amy's p.o.v. being shown OFF SCREEN.

Is that really much of an insight into Amy's POV? No it's not.

7 hours ago, kerrycec03 said:

yes, I am 100% satisfied.  Very pleased, find everything very organic, no I don't need a deep conversation as everything was said over many episodes without saying it.  She wanted to be #1 in his life and mind and be appreciated.  He told her he appreciated her with the cheerios line in the platonic episode, then the #1 stuff and always on his mind he says at the door.  Sheldon grew too and reconized where he fell short and made numerous comments (even tonight's episode he says "remember when I was with Amy I focused on work and ignored her"...granted its a joke but telling).  Neither are settling, neither are pushing, its what they both really want.  And him going to her was crucial so we don't have sad down Amy.  But she told him the week before she wanted him back so he knew there was hope, he just had to be open & honest...and him admitting he has feelings & is human and expressing them to her is epic.

So yea, EXTREMELY UTTERLY HAPPY WITH THIS ENTIRE PLOT!!

As you can see from my post I see it in a completely different way, BUT I'll wait for the episodes to air, so I reserve my final opinion. That being said if you're happy, then I'm really happy for you.  Rainbows and unicorns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Carlos said:

Is that really much of an insight into Amy's POV? No it's not.

Sure it is, do we really need to be spoonfed something for 5 minutes that is BLATENTLY OBVIOUS? That she was frustrated with her relationship with Sheldon and she felt what little she was getting out of it wasn't worth the trouble?

I don't know about anyone else, but I don't need the TV characters I watch to behave like one-note, obviously scripted, predictable robots in order to understand them.

Edited by meka3000
  • Like 6

O

5 minutes ago, meka3000 said:

Sure it is, do we really need to be spoonfed something for 5 minutes that is BLATENTLY OBVIOUS? That she was frustrated with her relationship with Sheldon and she felt what little she was getting out of it wasn't worth the trouble?

What I found hilarious, is that you castigated Denise for her comment, then used an example that appeared in tonight's show as though it had validity, it didn't. AS it appeared a full  seven hours after her post.  I like how you require another poster to time travel to tear down their point.   Got anything prior to tonights show?

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Tensor said:

O

What I found hilarious, is that you castigated Denise for her comment, then used an example that appeared in tonight's show as though it had validity, it didn't. 

Why do you think it had no validity?  Just because Amy started it off with, "that's a good question?"  Why can't that be interpreted as her being uncomfortable at the beginning of talking about said subject?

AS it appeared a full  seven hours after her post.

So, my point is we eventually got more insight, not WHEN.

I like how you require another poster to time travel to tear down their point.

I see the point went over your head.  But I'll spell it out for you by quoting my favorite fictional writer Greg Weisman on this, "ideas minus execution are subject to tremendous second-guessing. So I'm not inclined to give you new content. If I had told you before Season One that Red Arrow was the mole, minus how we executed that plot, it might have seemed quite weak. It's the execution that more often than not demonstrates whether an idea shines."

Got anything prior to tonights show?

Why does it matter in this context?

But the answer is YES, her conversations with Sheldon in the season 8 finale gives us insight into her frustration with Sheldon.

Edited by meka3000
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Yes looks all that matter, shallow but the world is shallow.

Not everyone is as shallow as you.

To Sheldon, looks do not matter at all when it comes to judging one's worth, at least not when it comes to women.  He knows that Penny is perceived as hot, has been around her half-naked body over the years, but is not at all attracted to her.  Instead, he's attracted to the bespectacled brainy Amy who dresses modestly, even oddly, and has "hair the color of mud".  He found her physically attractive in her prom dress (which was the point of getting dressed up for prom), but looks are not how he judges the world.

Save that for the other guys.  He didn't care about Vanessa's looks.  She was late, even though she passed all the other tests.  Her lack of punctuality trumped her looks because her looks were not a priority for him.

• Like 6
  • Penny Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Yes looks all that matter, shallow but the world is shallow.

Maybe your world.

1 hour ago, phantagrae said:

Not everyone is as shallow as you.

To Sheldon, looks do not matter at all when it comes to judging one's worth, at least not when it comes to women.  He knows that Penny is perceived as hot, has been around her half-naked body over the years, but is not at all attracted to her.  Instead, he's attracted to the bespectacled brainy Amy who dresses modestly, even oddly, and has "hair the color of mud".  He found her physically attractive in her prom dress (which was the point of getting dressed up for prom), but looks are not how he judges the world.

Save that for the other guys.  He didn't care about Vanessa's looks.  She was late, even though she passed all the other tests.  Her lack of punctuality trumped her looks because her looks were not a priority for him.

Wow I am shallow? Don't you think that's getting a bit personal. Stick to the post not the poster please. I was talking about the notion of the world see's beauty. I didn't mention me or Sheldon, that's all you. But of course your pretentious and arrogant per usual.

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

Not once in his description of his ideal woman did he mention anything about looks, he cared more about how smart, interesting and kind this woman should be and I think that's beautiful! :icon_redface:

Now ask that same question to 3ku11 ;)

I think that was the set up of the episode. Amy's date was a Sheldon wanna be.  All Sheldon's ideal woman showed his continued inflexility or his unwillingness to change. Dave could have forced Sheldon to be different. But obviously that didn't happen as we know now.

• Like 2