[Spoilers] Discussion Topic: Season 9

5 minutes ago, camelliayao said: Sheldon didn't shut the door at Vanessa's face only because she was late. She didn't like atomic spectroscopy either, which Sheldon found intolerant. And even if Sheldon agrees to go out with her, it doesn't mean they can actually develop a relationship.

I hate to say this but I think it's true: Sheldon will always run back to Amy the first chance he gets. He tried to date because he believed Amy and him were over. True he turned Amy down in 909, but that was only because he was afraid to get hurt again. And look what happened next? Amy was always on him mind, so much so he thought he was crazy (He never worried about this before, remember? His mother had him tested).

Sheldon doesn't need love and has never been in love until he met Amy. So to him, love equals Amy, Amy means love. He can't develop another romantic relationship with any other girl. That's why he was so devastated after their broke up. His only, ever love is dead.

To me, Lenny is more like real life couple. They handle their relationship more maturely. They act like adubts. Like when they decided to get back together, they gave their relationship a trial run to see how it went. And some people are more into this kind of rational, more believable relationship.

Shamy's relationship, on the other hand, is more romantic-novel like with more drama and less possibility to happen in real life. If you've ever seen a Korean TV drama, you may be familiar with some of the plots in Shamy's relationship, especially with what happens in season 9.

Personally, I like the Shamy relationship more, yeah it sounds stupid and hippy dippy, but real life is tough enough and I'd like to believe at least in TV shows there's this relationship, where the boy and girl are each other's first love, first kiss and first time. They've never been with others and they never will be. Even when they try to break up, somehow they manage go back to each other (Amy's date is Sheldon's fan lol). They are perfectly designed by the writers to be "meant to be". Either by their own efforts or, forgive me for using this word, "fate", they'll always end up together.

So yeah, I believe not only it's OOC for Sheldon to start a relationship with that Vanessa girl, but also even if he does, the relationship probably won't go anywhere and Sheldon will dump the girl the first second Amy wants him back.

Again, this is just me.

I like TBBT because the ensemble does very well in giving us different flavor of ice cream, so to speak! Lenny is a more stable and mature relationship than Shamy, but it wasn't always like that. Their on again, off again romance had serious issues throughout the series. Like Shamy, the Lenny relationship skewed in the favor of one individual, in this case Penny. Leonard was the needy and desperate one, he would risk his personal safety (confronting the ex on a couple occasions) just to do her a favor. He was always the one to do something nice for Penny and was thoughtful. Though it probably still skews in favor of Penny it is more balanced now...

I really like the Wolowitz couple too and I think they are a pretty stable pair too. Who would've thought Howard had it in him...they are both quirky still, and we get a lot of laughs when they are together, but whenever they have real issues they both talk it out (Bernadette has really come into her own and can be the alpha male when she chooses lol).

The thing with Shamy for me has always been the development of a couple who were inexperienced and started off as an unlikely pairing. They were thrown together thanks to a prank experiment by Raj and Howard. Who would've thought that a Sheldon-like gal was out there? That first season was really fun to watch as the couple developed. They both respected and appreciated each other's intellect, weird sense of humor, and view of the world. When they would team up, whether it was a meme experiment on their friends or later Fun With Flags, you could see their chemistry.

A lot of us, I suspect, are attracted to the Shamy couple not necessarily because they are a "romantic" couple (since physical intimacy is lacking), but that they are an innocent couple experiencing "first love"-- both of them. They are like teens who are discovering what love is for the first time and stumble through the process together. It is sweet in its own unique and odd/awkward way...First loves are precious, but fragile and often end in a break up. Not many high school sweethearts end up staying together, the odds are stacked against it. We root for them regardless and want them to work out in the end. We are elated when they get through a milestone together (first kisses, first expressions of love) and are charmed by their sweet moments (Halloween raggedy Ann and raggedy C3PO, FWF episodes, Christmas gifts, Valentine gifts like Sheldon's CalTech emergency card)....we also panic and are saddened when they experience fights, bad behavior, and in this seasons case, a break up that threatened the relationships future.....

Shamy is back and we're all pretty happy and excited and are hoping for so much for our favorite couple. I know I am....but I also mourn that loss of innocence that I guess was bound to happen in order for the couple to grow and mature. The sweetness of first love is addicting to watch, but it comes with a price sometimes--watching a couple experience the deep pains associated with someones first break up (especially in a long term relationship) is just awful....I think a lot of us remember that experience in our own lives and can relate to the Shamy drama.

Sorry but where do you get this on and off again relationship of lenny for 9 years. They broke up once. And yes they had arguments where penny didn't speak to him for days on end. Are you classing that as a breakup because if you are then every couple who have an argument are broken up. I think you are thinking of Ross & Rachel. Wrong show. Dude.

9b9a01448ed0db1ed799c6b4b9354750.jpg

:)

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

• Like 4

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know you are all thirsty for spoilers, But hear me out first. Ok so I didn't post or let on I was going for a number of reasons. Number ,1 I have an incredible amount of personal issues including he

Ok...I'm posting this for a friend who was there last night.  Please note, I wasn't there directly but I do understand the importance to the community of providing information so please be appreciativ

Hello!!   So I decided to do a taping report for yesterday’s episode, “The Bachelor Party Corrosion”, I know there have been some issues with the material in previous episodes but please have faith in

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Tonstar17 said:

Sorry but where do you get this on and off again relationship of lenny for 9 years. They broke up once. And yes they had arguments where penny didn't speak to him for days on end. Are you classing that as a breakup because if you are then every couple who have an argument are broken up. I think you are thinking of Ross & Rachel. Wrong show. Dude.

:)

i stand corrected. Dude.

2 hours ago, Tonstar17 said: Sorry but where do you get this on and off again relationship of lenny for 9 years. They broke up once. And yes they had arguments where penny didn't speak to him for days on end. Are you classing that as a breakup because if you are then every couple who have an argument are broken up. I think you are thinking of Ross & Rachel. Wrong show. Dude.

i stand corrected. Dude.

Ummmmmm where? care to explain?

49 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

Ummmmmm where? care to explain?

i believe saying "i stand corrected" means i take you at your word, no further explanation is necessary??

Edited by 2L344
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said: Ummmmmm where? care to explain?

i believe saying "i stand corrected" means i take you at your word, no further explanation is necessary??

But you don't. Can you name 3 times l/p broke up. So you are saying an argument is a break up. Not talking to your SO because they piss you off is not a break up. Maybe in America it is but not where I come from. My understanding of on and off. Is breakup, get back together and so on. Not the case with LENNY. Get your facts right.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tonstar17 said:

But you don't. Can you name 3 times l/p broke up. So you are saying an argument is a break up. Not talking to your SO because they piss you off is not a break up. Maybe in America it is but not where I come from. My understanding of on and off. Is breakup, get back together and so on. Not the case with LENNY. Get your facts right.

Tonstar, when 2L344 said they "stand corrected", they realized and admitted that their claim of on and off was wrong.  They understand they have been corrected. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Tensor said:

Tonstar, when 2L344 said they "stand corrected", they realized and admitted that their claim of on and off was wrong.  They understand they have been corrected. 

thank you, clearly i wasnt getting anywhere lol. i wouldve pointed out that what i had said was "on again off again ROMANCE, not relationship, but what wouldve been the point.....i appreciate you stepping in

Edited by 2L344
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tonstar17 said: But you don't. Can you name 3 times l/p broke up. So you are saying an argument is a break up. Not talking to your SO because they piss you off is not a break up. Maybe in America it is but not where I come from. My understanding of on and off. Is breakup, get back together and so on. Not the case with LENNY. Get your facts right.

I don't understand I stand corrected. To me I saw it as standing by his statement that they are on and off.

3 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

I don't understand I stand corrected. To me I saw it as standing by his statement that they are on and off.

"I stand corrected." is a phrase that means "I was wrong, you are right."

• Like 5

I understand that but thats what I would say. Not what someone would say when they are wrong. Wouldn't they say you are correct or you stand correct.

Edit. Maybe I need to go back to school again. 😐

1 minute ago, Tonstar17 said:

I understand that but thats what I would say. Not what someone would say when they are wrong. Wouldn't they say you are correct or you stand corrected.

What?!? "I stand corrected" is only when you (as in: the "I" in that sentence) admit that you were wrong about sth. That is what this phrase means and how it is used. Look it up somewhere if you don't believe me.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said: Ummmmmm where? care to explain?

Okay apologies thought about it. Yes it makes sense now. Sorry. ☺

1 minute ago, Tonstar17 said: I understand that but thats what I would say. Not what someone would say when they are wrong. Wouldn't they say you are correct or you stand corrected.

What?!? "I stand corrected" is only when you (as in: the "I" in that sentence) admit that you were wrong about sth. That is what this phrase means and how it is used. Look it up somewhere if you don't believe me.

Chill man i get it now. It hard to translate txt sometimes and what ppls mean or how words are taken. ☺

21 hours ago, camelliayao said:

1) And even if Sheldon agrees to go out with her, it doesn't mean they can actually develop a relationship.

2) If you accept how the story goes, you should accept it completely.

3) And they didn't get back together because of Dave or Vanessa, they got back together because Sheldon finally realized how important Amy is to him and Amy wanted to get back together even before that.

4) I hate to say this but I think it's true: Sheldon will always run back to Amy the first chance he gets.

5) Sheldon doesn't need love and has never been in love until he met Amy. So to him, love equals Amy, Amy means love. He can't develop another romantic relationship with any other girl. That's why he was so devastated after their broke up. His only, ever love is dead.

To me, Lenny is more like a real life couple. They handle their relationship more maturely. They act like adults. Like when they decided to get back together, they gave their relationship a trial run to see how it went. And some people are more into this kind of rational, more believable relationship.

Shamy's relationship, on the other hand, is more romantic-novel like with more drama and less possibility to happen in real life. If you've ever seen a Korean TV drama, you may be familiar with some of the plots in Shamy's relationship, especially with what happens in season 9.

Personally, I like the Shamy relationship more, yeah it sounds stupid and hippy dippy, but real life is tough enough and I'd like to believe at least in TV shows there's this relationship, where the boy and girl are each other's first love, first kiss and first time. They've never been with others and they never will be. Even when they try to break up, somehow they manage go back to each other (Amy's date is Sheldon's fan lol). They are perfectly designed by the writers to be "meant to be". Either by their own efforts or, forgive me for using this word, "fate", they'll always end up together.

6) So yeah, I believe not only it's OOC for Sheldon to start a relationship with that Vanessa girl, but also even if he does, the relationship probably won't go anywhere and Sheldon will dump the girl the first second Amy wants him back.

Again, this is just me.

1) Neither does it mean they couldn't.

2) You mean like you accepted the split?

3) We have no proof that he wanted to get back to her before that.

4) Not necessarily.

5) You don't actually know that. Amy is Sheldon's first love. That does not mean that given the right circumstances he couldn't fall in love again (if he and Amy couldn't be together) 

I agree with what you say up to:

6) That's just speculation on your part.

All previous points JMO, you know, this is just me as well.

• Like 1

For me Shamy is the innocent, first love story. And if you prefer that story great. But Shamy are also emotionally immature and unintelligent. For me I prefer Lenny as their is more a humility to their relationship. And I am more compelled by the combination of street smart and book smart. I guess being a guy into the nerdy guy and hot girl more. This does not mean I am saying Lenny are better, just that I prefer their story and relationship. I find Lenny the most realistic couple on the show, but that's just me. I feel like I am going to get a backlash for this. But I hope like heck their is no reference, no mention of Sh Sha Sham, you know where I am going with this Shamy in the episode at all. No reference to their absurd sorry reconciliation. No reference to them being a couple, nothing at all, just them being background. I want the episode to be an ensemble episode. Which most likely well be the Star Wars one. Where their is no mention of the romantic relationships at all, not even references. They can sit down next to each other :icon_biggrin:. But other then that just a focus on the friendship dynamics. So damn sick of these relationship driven stories for the love of its all good.

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 1

This episode being taped today should air mid December I am hoping to see the Hoffstadlers first Christmas since Thursday we are seeing the first Thanksgiving as a married couple

Edited by Earnie

Interesting, for about a half hour or so, Wil Wheaton has Tweeting about being on a very turbulent flight.  Doesn't sound like he will be on set tonight, they must of pre-taped his stuff yesterday.

• Like 3

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic