[Spoilers] Discussion Topic: Season 9

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know you are all thirsty for spoilers, But hear me out first. Ok so I didn't post or let on I was going for a number of reasons. Number ,1 I have an incredible amount of personal issues including he

Ok...I'm posting this for a friend who was there last night.  Please note, I wasn't there directly but I do understand the importance to the community of providing information so please be appreciativ

Hello!!   So I decided to do a taping report for yesterday’s episode, “The Bachelor Party Corrosion”, I know there have been some issues with the material in previous episodes but please have faith in

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Tensor said:

I guess you prefer the unique boyfriend who is a real jerk and is mentally abusive to his girlfriend, who is so desperate for any kind of attention,  she takes the abuse, just so she can have a boyfriend.  Yeah, that's a lot of fun to watch.  

I expected more of you, normally you can at least respect another persons POV.

It's the same as me saying you prefer a relationship where the woman admitted in the past to have slept around, cheated willingly without caring about the other.

Same goes for the man in the relationship you favor, he also cheats and hides it from his fiancee.

It's okay to disagree, but no need to result to insults.

Edited by Chiany
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Susana Alcira said:

Sorry, Zack was not off screen ! Rewatch 3 x 23 and 4 x 11. And in 7 x 9 it was settled Penny and Zack married during a funnyThanksgiving weekend in Las Vegas

Lol of course it was off screen. We never saw Penny and Zack together, we never saw them kiss. Maybe you missed my reference to Leonard and Priya? Thats on screen. Yes I know they married, but that was off screen. My point was Penny never dated seriousley post Leonard.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chiany said:

It's the same as me saying you prefer a relationship where the woman admitted in the past to have slept around, cheated willingly without caring about the other.

Same goes for the man in the relationship you favor, he also cheats and hides it from his fiancee.

No offense Chiany, but you seem to struggle to accept an opposing opinion when it comes to Shamy, so two way street huh.

6 minutes ago, stardustmelody said:

OH boy more Shamy yayy..

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Chiany said:

If I had been discussing what I liked about Lenny and then said those things about Shamy, I would agree with you.  Have at my comment. But, please go back and look at the comment I quoted and replied to.

Look im happy for the Shamy shippers. But let's cut to the chase. This is the Shamy Show, what used to be The Big Bang Theory is no longer recognisable. The show is 99.1% them. So you got 0.9% of the other characters. So that is prob 4-5 weeks away. At this point I am starting to emotionaly check out.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Look im happy for the Shamy shippers. But let's cut to the chase. This is the Shamy Show, what used to be The Big Bang Theory is no longer recognisable. The show is 99.1% them. So you got 0.9% of the other characters. So that is prob 4-5 weeks away. At this point I am starting to emotionaly check out.

Yeah, I know.  That's why they should have spread out they Shamy arc throughout the seasons like what everyone thought they were going to do.  It's like the writers are almost snooping around the forums trying so hard so they can be like unpredictable and they doing a terrible job at that.  Aside from that I'm still very pleased they finally got back as a couple.

Edited by snow*flower
  • Like 1

My feelings exactly sheldon and shamy will dominate episodes now is it worthwhile watching to see a minute or 2 of lenny ?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

1 minute ago, legacy99 said:

My feelings exactly sheldon and shamy will dominate episodes now is it worthwhile watching to see a minute or 2 of lenny ?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Oh Lenny are getting some fluff and their moment in the next episode. But in terms of the focus of the show. Shamy are clearly the cash cow, and where the money is. I guess if you want to see the show from an ensemble pov. Go watch Season 3-7. Other then that, its just tibits from this point on. If your hardcore Shamy, then great. But for those who may enjoy the other characters more, and not getting the chance to experience the show as a full. It is disappointing I have got to say. I guess though in all popular sitcoms, one or two characters generally take over the show, it happens all the time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 3ku11 said:

Let's just wait and see. I'm looking for the star wars element.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

pp_013.gif.6aa0f20c40dff79528fc72a173e67

Just to be clear here, my sarcasm-sign is being repaired otherwise I would be holding it up.

:icon_rolleyes:

29 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

Yeah I am too. Shamy having coitus kinda bores me lol. I am more interested in what they do with the Star Wars theme.

37 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Oh Lenny are getting some fluff and their moment in the next episode. But in terms of the focus of the show. Shamy are clearly the cash cow, and where the money is. I guess if you want to see the show from an ensemble pov. Go watch Season 3-7. Other then that, its just tibits from this point on. If your hardcore Shamy, then great. But for those who may enjoy the other characters more, and not getting the chance to experience the show as a full. It is disappointing I have got to say. I guess though in all popular sitcoms, one or two characters generally take over the show, it happens all the time.

Yeah, I stopped watching Will & Grace, when it became the Jack & Karen show.

8 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Yeah I am too. Shamy having coitus kinda bores me lol. I am more interested in what they do with the Star Wars theme.

Since they coitus it seems to be no more Shamy storyline now.

6 minutes ago, denajeanx said:

Keep on hatin' B)

I'm going to watch it over and over and over again 

image_zpsqhwthh9v.gif

You suddenly appear now. Kind of a fair weather Shamy fan.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Well yeah coitus seemed to be the climax of the storyline. But who knows they did it once in 5 years, so might be more haha.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Lol. Sorry I have a job and life?

You aren't harshing my buzz :D

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jenafan said:

Oh, I agree 100%.   When I go back and watch the older episodes after they became BF/GF, I really don't know why Amy stuck with him.   The way he treated her by bringing Raj on their anniversary date would have ended it for me.   Yes, his Spiderman speech was sweet, and it kind of reminded me of a similar scene in the movie As Good As It Gets, but to me, Sheldon negated it by stating they were going to each pay for their own meal.

I really don't know why I ship this couple so hard knowing how Sheldon has treated Amy, except that I know he has not always been mean, and he has tried.   He is terribly broken, but it seems Amy needs him as much as he needs her, and I'm all about beating the odds of seeing something succeed that really shouldn't.  

It is fiction, so I guess I feel safe in bending the rules because I understand Sheldon's background, and it is easy to make excuses for his behavior.   In real life, I'd tell Sheldon to take a hike and convince Amy she can do better.  

Nonetheless, I find myself on here defending Sheldon a lot, but it doesn't mean I'm blind to his short-comings.

Yeah I  agree, it pisses me off that he has to act so damned rude to her...but it's done for laughs on a sitcom so I remind myself it is less about being mean and more about being in character (and to get some laughs out of us)...let's face it, even when he's a tool it's what he says that makes us have a guilty laugh at Amy's expense...and Amy's sarcasm at times towards Sheldon does the same. Yeah, in real life (which this isn't), Sheldon would be hung from the nearest tree for his crap ( and not by just Amy).....

i think why it's worked, and why despite his behavior we still find home somewhat lovable (I know, not EVERYONE on the forum does) is because his friends and Amy have given a pass for a while now. When Howard was torturing Sheldon in order to make him earn having his paper shown to Hawking, Bernie tells Howard he is being mean to him. When Howard explains that Sheldon always torments HIM, Bernie replies "It's not the same thing, Sheldon doesn't know when he's being mean because the part of his brain that should know is getting a wedgie from the rest of his brain"....during the "make someone fall in love" experiment in season 8 when penny and Sheldon are doing the experiment, Sheldon wishes for the ability to read minds and explains "I often misinterpret how others are feeling. like I can't always tell if someone is only joking or laughing at me. You know, like , uh, if they're made at something I've done or if they're just in a bad mood. It's incredibly stressful"...

it doesn't make what he says any less ruder, but I think the friends that care for him understand Sheldon enough to know he has no filter. And when there's no motive behind the behavior it's a little easier to be somewhat dismissive of it.  When Penny told Wolowitz no one would ever flirt with him and that he was just gonna grow old and die alone, it was mean spirited and horrible to hear. Yeah, she was pissed and saying it out of the heat of the moment, but she kinda meant it even when Leonard called her on it. She didn't want to apologize but had to be talked into it. Penny was held to a higher standard because she knew better and said that anyway.

im not advocating that Sheldon should get a free pass, like a lot of people i would like to see him treat Amy better. But his behavior is, unfortunately, in character and if his friends and GF put up with it so can I...and yes, Amy put up with it a lot and even after the break up was willing to go back to being his girlfriend KNOWING she was risking more of the same, and apparently that was a risk she was willing to take. Guess his crass behavior isn't all that bad when you think enough on it lol....

• Like 4

Am I the only one getting this message?

We're sorry, but a temporary technical error has occurred which means we cannot display this site right now.

You can try again by clicking the button below, or try again later.

I keep getting this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 3ku11 said:

Oh I'm happy for them, too. They've waited many years for this to happen so good for them. And it's not like I don't enjoy Shamy, but they're not enough to hold my interest. Like I said in the Lenny thread, I wish we'd see more of the entire gang together. I miss that. Very much.

• Like 6

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic