The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion Topic: Season 9

1 hour ago, Strawberry PopTart Fan said:

I always enjoy your posts. I hope you can still find some enjoyment in the show, Kasey:tender:

Thank you and I'm sure I will.  I guess I'm showing my age in not being all gaga over someone finally having sex...:icon_cheesygrin:

1 hour ago, Strawberry PopTart Fan said:

I always enjoy your posts. I hope you can still find some enjoyment in the show, Kasey:tender:

Thank you and I'm sure I will.  I guess I'm showing my age in not being all gaga over someone finally having sex...:icon_cheesygrin:

Edited by Kasey
Haha I'm repeating myself..
  • Like 2

My dislike of Sheldon not withstanding (and I'm truly sorry about that.  I am and always have been-always will be a staunch Leonard man...), I think the developments taped last night represent him furthering his change for her.  I'm of the opinion that he would have rather not engaged in that certain activity, but values his relationship with Amy beyond his comfort level.  The break revealed to him that this woman is not going to sit and bask in his light.  He will be needing to travel part way.  

This sets up a wedding perhaps for the 200th episode (alas, I don't see that milestone being a Leonard/Penny moment).  We will have to see.  Congratulations to the reunited couple!

• Like 5

Wow, haven't been here in a while.

I am happy with the current Shamy development though I am still on a limb about this show and OMG this forum, so I am still not sure about returning full time... and I have a lot of comments to catch up to for my real comeback, something that I don't have time to do right now...

I am just dropping by because this is something big and I want to join my fellow shippers despite my doubts.

First of all, Thank you for a wonderful report, kazie, and to the others for the previous reports! 

Now my thoughts.

1. I am glad to see Professor Proton back. Bob Newhart's subtle snark and calm demeanor is hillarious.

2. Nice to see Sheldon putting Amy before the Star Wars... though I hope that they will never completely get rid of his nerd/geek side.

3. Really looking forward to seeing the others' reaction to the... uhm, "news"...

4. I'm surprised that their first time wasn't shower sex.

5. Hopefully, we will get to see a scene (in feature episodes) showing Sheldon and Amy going over the "coitus rules". Relationship agreement, you know.

6. Good to see girls helping out Sheldon and Amy. Good friends.

7. Good to see boys going to s Star Wars premiere. Hopefully we will get a funny nerd subplot.

I will probably come back once the full taping report has been posted on the site, only my schedule is tight right now.

And now, on to some other things.

Ah, (some of) Lenny shippers. Though you have every right to be dissatisfied, the amount of cherry picking on the last few pages alone is really a new level of low. I also find it interesting that, from what I've been able to read since catching up to the forum (though I might have missed something, it is possible), when Shamy was broken up, most of Lenny shippers acted satisfied and there were just a few comments about a lack of Lenny here and there (though there really was a lack of Lenny), now that Shamy is back together here comes the bashing. Some of the arguments, no offense, are downright transparent. One day it's pathetic that they still haven't had sex and now that they will Shamy has jumped the shark LOL. 

Putting down one's ship is not going to change anything and if it makes you feel better (I am not saying that is necessarily the reason) you should probably take a long hard look at yourself. Especially given the fact that many Shamy shippers sympathize with you Lenny wise and show wise and have supported you before. How many times have you returned the favor? Not a taunt or an insult, I'm genuinely curious, given your attitude.

I don't want to imagine your reaction if roles were reversed. 

And before you start throwing around words "abusive", "jerk" etc. it would probably be good idea to have a honest re evaluation of your own ship or bring up at least some examples to support your claim. Just my opinion. 

I wouldn't appreciate if you were to call me Lenny basher, Sheldon defender, write ten paragraphs of HAHAHA for reasons only you know, or accuse me of lack of sympathy in a response because I've (gasp!) dared to challenge your posts (at least if you were to do so without challenging any points that I've made). But in the same time I wouldn't (well, "will not" may be a better saying LOL) care much because I know, just as you yourself probably will, that those things are just lame attempts to mask the lack of arguments. IMO.

Until the next time...
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, meka3000 said:

So word on the street is, the lochness monster has been found?  :icon_cheesygrin:

Yep. It exists. LOL.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hokie3457 said:

My dislike of Sheldon not withstanding (and I'm truly sorry about that.  I am and always have been-always will be a staunch Leonard man...), I think the developments taped last night represent him furthering his change for her.  I'm of the opinion that he would have rather not engaged in that certain activity, but values his relationship with Amy beyond his comfort level.  The break revealed to him that this woman is not going to sit and bask in his light.  He will be needing to travel part way.  

This sets up a wedding perhaps for the 200th episode (alas, I don't see that milestone being a Leonard/Penny moment).  We will have to see.  Congratulations to the reunited couple!

I think leonard and penny fans should be happy if leonard and penny just make an appearance in that episode ....lol...

#completelysupportingcharactersnow 

4 hours ago, wowbagger said:

Good lord. Well done, show, for finally biting the bullet on Sheldon's Precious Flower. It seems like only yesterday that NoGav and I were snarking about whether the showrunners thought of the event as Cherrygeddon.

I have chronicled my thoughts on the event in the Shamy thread, but honestly, even more than the thing itself, I am more thrilled* that the writers screwed (hur) their courage to the sticking post and crossed the Great Virginity Rubicon. Bravo, writers! Look, Sheldon had sex, and the heavens didn't fall! Sheldon had sex, and the universe of the show didn't implode on itself! You can tell other stories with the character now that you have gotten past your blue funk about his cherry! Oh frabjous day, calloo callay!

*Obviously, I'm not MORE thrilled. That is a lie. You know it's a lie. I know you know it's a lie. Let's all move past this.

I guess the sum of human happiness has been momentarily increased, and that's not a bad thing. It's nice to get what one has been hoping for

21 minutes ago, kerrycec03 said:

Ok...I'm posting this for a friend who was there last night.  Please note, I wasn't there directly but I do understand the importance to the community of providing information so please be appreciative of that.  This includes everything.  Any questions I will do my best to field.  Enjoy!

Thank you Kerry!!! And to your friend who wrote all of this up!!

This actually seems like a hilarious episode, full of classic Sheldonisms... the whole knocking bit, and the line "My birthday present for Amy will be my genitals" I actually LOL'd. I agree with what Kazzie posted on twitter, that it will be "perfect"

I sooooo hope we get to see a girls night with Penny/Bernie grilling Amy, and the guys finding out and grilling Sheldon about it :D

• Like 6

Thanks Kerry, and thanks to your friend!

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 1

Thank you very much Kerry! :shy:

...and of course a thankyou to your friend as well!

Edited by luminous
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, kerrycec03 said:

wanted to get this to the folks that aren't the trouble makers, and you were one of the first that came to mind as you've always been such a supportive shipper on the other side of coin!!!  It means a lot to me to have some Lenny friends!!

Thanks, Kerry. Same here plus us New Yorkas gotta stick together!:codemafia:

• Like 3

Thank you Kerry and your friend !

this episode sounds amazing ! 

And it is Sheldon who thought about these gifts !  I understood it was the girls who suggested this with other things. That's better this idea came spontaneously from him.

• Like 3

Thanks Kerry and thank you to your friend.  There are so many laugh out loud funny portions!  Can't wait to see it for many reasons beyond the obvious!  Thanks again!  Nicely, nicely done!!!!

• Like 4