[Spoilers] Discussion Topic: Season 9

Tensor

10 hours ago, Lionne said:

Wow. Way to be a fair and balanced forum moderator, Ten.

Not that he needs defending, but whether moderator or not, isn't he entitled to express his opinion?

10 hours ago, jenafan said:

Penny says this, but then she continues to want to have sex with Leonard on a frequent basis.   If he bored her or didn't do it for her, then I don't think she'd always be taking the initiative to do it with him.    Plus, to have Sheldon tell it, Leonard rocks her world bad enough that his cancellation headphones can't drown Penny out.     Penny says he tries, but apparently he succeeds enough to keep her wanting and going back for more.

Exactly. When she implies he's not that good, she's only joking. "Wow, Leonard, you're a genius" and "Yeeeehaaaaaw!" come to mind, and, as you mentioned Sheldon's noise cancelling headphones.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Mislav said:

I don't know about you, but I don't post on this forum seeking for approval of others (or even less EVERYONE). Especially not from you.

So if you care as little as you say you do why even address my post at all? Wouldn't you have been better off just ignoring it?

Anyway, I was just reflecting, thinking aloud if you will, how I had enjoyed the forum more while you were away. Just that, simply that, just my humble opinion, that's all.

1 hour ago, vasu said:

yeah , that seems to be the reason she ran directly to sheldon last season when she needed actual advice... and even mocked leonard when sheldon asks about leonard......lol

ofcourse.... things said on the show are just cus they were funny lines comes up......lol like things that do no support your arguments are just throwaway lines.....

but now sheldon is happy ... so tell me now why are they still living with Sheldo

yeah right after the yeehaw night....what did she do....when leonard tried the same she kicked him out.......without any consideration 

technically, these new episodes haven't aired therefore... it's not time to address that issue yet. I certainly hope that after everyone finds out that Sheldon is reunited with Amy 100%, the move happens. 

9 hours ago, Mislav said:

"tantrums"

So... just like your comments about Lenny, Shamy and the show in general for the last 200+ pages?

Or maybe your problem is ignoring things like IMHO or IMO. Or not admitting that you can be wrong too.

Maybe some people will come to their senses. Or we can expect Lenny HQ in the future. 

Apparently you need more time to catch up, and read everything that went on while you were away because you don't seem to know what you're talking about. My comments on Lenny are tantrums? You've got to be joking. Hhhhmmm , sorry, I remembered you don't have a sense of humor even if you're a fan of TBBT. Also thank you for responding for another poster. I'm sure Chiany is very capable of answering me himself and doesn't need you fighting his battles. If he chose not to , I'm sure he has his reasons.

9 hours ago, 2L344 said:

Same here. I love all three couples .....

I know that I'm just such an ass for what I'm about to say, but when you said "I love all three couples", I thought oh, yeah: Lenny, Shamy and Howard-Raj. Yes, yes, I know. no need to say it: bad Carlos, bad Carlos...

9 hours ago, Mislav said:

Personally, I think it was way less pathetic than Leonard admitting to kissing another woman two years after the fact, on his wedding day, only mentioned that she also works in the same department as he after getting married to Penny, while they were making out. And that she has just forgiven it all in the span of one episode. 

And no, I don't hate Leonard nor want Lenny to break up, but the resolution was... how do I say this... lame. Just like the kiss revelation itself. So... enjoy, I guess?

It seems that have to criticize Shamy in order to make themselves feel better about Lenny, even call out Shamy fans on being happy about something about their ship. And in the same time Lenny's are ignoring the actual flaws in their ship. It's pretty sad really. I haven't even seen Shennys sink that low.

And before you start complaining how hard this situation is for you, would you support such behavior of Shamy shippers towards you? Or Shenny shippers LOL? And really, can some of you handle ANY sort of criticism in a mature way?

And I just LOVE how you try justifying your bs by claiming that some people were unfair to your view of your ship last season. If somebody shipping ANYTHING else but Lenny would say that, you would probably just say (justifiably) things like "LOL how old are you?" or "Get over it". 

I'm done with you. You are quite simply, completely totally and irrevocably not worth talking to. What a pathetic sad little man you are...

• Like 2

Haven’t posted on here for an age, but the news of Shamy Coitus made the UK headlines, so I couldn’t resist a peek at the taping reports (who could). I note everyone's getting on swimmingly, as ever!

Kazzie & Kath, thank you.  Reading Kazzie’s first, I must admit that the ominous cello of the Jaws theme was playing in my head (“where’re the water skis?!!”) but with the more detailed report from Kath, I changed my mind.  Yes it’s IC, I agree, the nuances detailed within make it so, and it made me kinda sad actually.

Many moons ago there was a thread on here in which the OP asked why Shamy could not have an asexual relationship.  Similar to the “Sheldon Cooper, Demisexual?” thread that I began on here even further back, this thread caused a great furore.  Of course, at the time I countered that I believed Sheldon to be demisexual, to which the OP stated that asexuals can and do enter into sexual relationships with others to express love.  I disagreed, as did every other poster on that thread, but now I feel I owe that OP an apology, because that is indeed how the Shamy coitus was portrayed, she was absolutely spot on.

Sheldon made love to Amy not out of desire, but from his devoted love for her. Now, I should probably add that asexuality is a sexual orientation and not low sex drive or impotence (which are often associated with it) and yes, asexuals have sexual urges, however, this sexuality is not directed toward other people.

Now, sex purely for love is no terrible, terrible thing.  I can attest so.  There’s pleasure to be had in it, truly.  Most frazzled mothers of young children (their libido crushed by emotional and physical exhaustion) know this.

Sheldon made love to Amy because he knew it was what she wanted and he is deeply in love with her.  You may argue that desire on his part had to be present for the act even to occur, but I would refer back the word ‘orientation’, i.e. the direction of said desire, not the lack of it, asexuals are not incapable of sexual arousal.

But I wanted a demisexual Sheldon.  I wanted a Sheldon struggling and finally defeated by his suppressed attraction to Amy. This was no sexual itch that demanded scratching on his part.  I didn’t want him to selflessly “gift” her his genitals.  I wanted him to lust for her, I wanted him to need this for his own ends.

So, my brief return here finds me a little disappointed and saddened by events.  Fellow Shamys, if I p!ss on your parade then I’m sorry, but hey, a little diversity on here keeps things interesting does it not?

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

Does anyone know what time the CBS website normally has the episodes up to watch?

I know they stream them live but is it available right after it airs to watch back? 

I live in the east coast and CBS .com has the complete episode at 11:30 PM, which is 8:30 PM West coast, so right after it finishes being broadcast on the west coast. Hope this helps.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ATOB said:

Haven’t posted on here for an age, but the news of Shamy Coitus made the UK headlines, so I couldn’t resist a peek at the taping reports (who could). I note everyone's getting on swimmingly, as ever!

Kazzie & Kath, thank you.  Reading Kazzie’s first, I must admit that the ominous cello of the Jaws theme was playing in my head (“where’re the water skis?!!”) but with the more detailed report from Kath, I changed my mind.  Yes it’s IC, I agree, the nuances detailed within make it so, and it made me kinda sad actually.

Many moons ago there was a thread on here in which the OP asked why Shamy could not have an asexual relationship.  Similar to the “Sheldon Cooper, Demisexual?” thread that I began on here even further back, this thread caused a great furore.  Of course, at the time I countered that I believed Sheldon to be demisexual, to which the OP stated that asexuals can and do enter into sexual relationships with others to express love.  I disagreed, as did every other poster on that thread, but now I feel I owe that OP an apology, because that is indeed how the Shamy coitus was portrayed, she was absolutely spot on.

Sheldon made love to Amy not out of desire, but from his devoted love for her. Now, I should probably add that asexuality is a sexual orientation and not low sex drive or impotence (which are often associated with it) and yes, asexuals have sexual urges, however, this sexuality is not directed toward other people.

Now, sex purely for love is no terrible, terrible thing.  I can attest so.  There’s pleasure to be had in it, truly.  Most frazzled mothers of young children (their libido crushed by emotional and physical exhaustion) know this.

Sheldon made love to Amy because he knew it was what she wanted and he is deeply in love with her.  You may argue that desire on his part had to be present for the act even to occur, but I would refer back the word ‘orientation’, i.e. the direction of said desire, not the lack of it, asexuals are not incapable of sexual arousal.

But I wanted a demisexual Sheldon.  I wanted a Sheldon struggling and finally defeated by his suppressed attraction to Amy. This was no sexual itch that demanded scratching on his part.  I didn’t want him to selflessly “gift” her his genitals.  I wanted him to lust for her, I wanted him to need this for his own ends.

So, my brief return here finds me a little disappointed and saddened by events.  Fellow Shamys, if I p!ss on your parade then I’m sorry, but hey, a little diversity on here keeps things interesting does it not?

I'm still worried about the objectification. Were they offered up like John the Baptist's head, on a plate? Someone google puppetry of the penis. Banger and boiled potatoes comes to mind.. heheh LOL :)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, boys3allc said:

I don't agree with either.... But it is interesting.... I disagree on the point I think it was shown in other episodes by his actions and words that he does desire her. He wanted to invade her southern borders, catch her eggs ,... He found her so damn hot he had a panic attack. 

Sex has been on his brain for awhile. It was love that made him finally get over his fears and act on his desires. 

I agree and let's remember they are both supposed to be virgins.  Everything about their first time was intended to be filled with awkwardness and nerves.

In the end (according to the awesome reports we received) it turned out really, really well. :icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 6

2 hours ago, vasu said:

-yeah , that seems to be the reason she ran directly to sheldon last season when she needed actual advice... and even mocked leonard when sheldon asks about leonard......lol

-ofcourse.... things said on the show are just cus they were funny lines comes up......lol like things that do no support your arguments are just throwaway lines.....

-but now sheldon is happy ... so tell me now why are they still living with Sheldo

-she got his advice previously on it.  Besides, Penny's advice was sarcastic.

-and the pot (you) calls the kettle black.

-what evidence do you have that sheldon is happy enough to move on without leonard living in the same apartment as him?

Edited by meka3000

50 minutes ago, jenafan said:

I started to like this post, but then the end of it confused me.  

You said you wanted a demi-sexual Sheldon, but then the things you were disappointed Sheldon didn't do like having a sudden lustful urge and demand to be scratched, by definition, is not demi-sexual.     I think in this initial stage of their physical relationship, Sheldon acted according to his orientation.

I have always believed that Sheldon was demi-sexual.  It was his emotional intimacy that caused him to want to give himself to Amy, not a sudden desire to fulfill a sexual need.

Amy: 
Do you have any desire to have an intimate relationship?

Sheldon:  
I haven't ruled it out, but what we have is already extremely intimate.  I'd have to reach a higher level of emotional connection before I could consider physical intimacy.

Amy:
Okay.  We can do something else we can enjoy together.

Sheldon: 
We can drink tea, play counterfactuals, watch Raiders, play D&D, go to the aquarium.

Amy:
Ok, that is fun and we can do those things, but I really want more.   In the meantime, let me make you a bag of Cheerios in case you get hungry in the car. 

Sheldon: 
Excitement, bonding time.   Can't live without this woman.

Amy: 
I really don't know how much I mean to you, so let me be silly and bail, only to find that I'd rather have you without sex than not at all.

Sheldon: 
I almost lost you for good and realized how much I love you.   I got you back.  Let me show how sorry and grateful I am by giving you all of me.

Amy:
He really does love and care about me.

Sheldon:
That was more enjoyable than I thought.   I love this woman.   I believe I want to do this again.

To me this is classic demi-sexual.   Sheldon did not start out with sexual feelings at all.   They developed over time as a result of his emotional connection and familiarity with Amy.   His choices on sexual behavior are not guided by sexual attraction, but rather his desire to be close to Amy and to make her happy.   It explains the need to prepare and the lack of desire to pounce on Amy like an animal.   It explains why when she walked into the room in her sexy night gown, it did nothing to change his expression.   The attraction is not physical.   It is emotional.   The act of love making was a purposeful attempt at bonding and connecting with Amy rather than just filling a need for gratification.

So, while I don't think it's possible to change one's orientation, it does make me wonder if the writer's will go down the road to change Sheldon's attitude toward sex out of ignorance that he just didn't know what he's been missing.   If they do that, then the whole demi-sexual thing can pretty much be thrown out the window.

Now if my understanding of demi-sexuality is flawed, then I welcome someone to correct me because I don't want to be promoting misinformation.

I myself identify as demisexual, and for as long as Shamy has been together, I have always thought Sheldon was too. So much that I've actually rejoiced in the fact that there's demisexual represention on tv! He may even be what is considered demisexual/demi-romantic, which means romance sort of repulses him the way sex does except with one very important particular person (Amy). One misconception about demisexuality is that we lack any form of "oh hot damn that guy's so hot! I'm so turned on!" feelings. The deal is that while those feelings exist, should a real sexual scenario with that person with whom we have no special bond present itself, any sex drive kinda goes into hiding! When my friends and I talk about a random hot guy I can relate to their lusty feelings up till the point where they get too explicit (because my friends are pervs :p) and then I kind of internally cringe at the thought of anything sexual. So while I wouldn't say I'm completely repulsed by sex (I have thoroughly enjoyed it with men whom I've had a strong loving relationship!), I agree with Sheldon that "the concept of coitus is ridiculous and off-putting." 

tl;dr: Sheldon is definitely demisexual IMO ;)

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, FortCozyMcBlanket said:

I myself identify as demisexual, and for as long as Shamy has been together, I have always thought Sheldon was too. So much that I've actually rejoiced in the fact that there's demisexual represention on tv! He may even be what is considered demisexual/demi-romantic, which means romance sort of repulses him the way sex does except with one very important particular person (Amy). One misconception about demisexuality is that we lack any form of "oh hot damn that guy's so hot! I'm so turned on!" feelings. The deal is that while those feelings exist, should a real sexual scenario with that person with whom we have no special bond present itself, any sex drive kinda goes into hiding! When my friends and I talk about a random hot guy I can relate to their lusty feelings up till the point where they get too explicit (because my friends are pervs :p) and then I kind of internally cringe at the thought of anything sexual. So while I wouldn't say I'm completely repulsed by sex (I have thoroughly enjoyed it with men whom I've had a strong loving relationship!), I agree with Sheldon that "the concept of coitus is ridiculous and off-putting." 

tl;dr: Sheldon is definitely demisexual IMO ;)

I appreciate the clarification and your personal revelation.    My husband is demisexual, and had no desire for sex until I came along, and like Amy, I had to wait for years before that even came into the picture, which was hard because unlike Amy, I knew what I was missing.  It was so difficult for me to understand, but over time I came to appreciate that he chose me , and that made our relationship even more special to me.   

It used to crack me up when we were dating.  His friends would go to strip clubs.   It did nothing for him.    He just went for the entertainment.    One time I went with him, and he swore never to take me again.    Unlike him, it did do something for me.   HaHa!

Sheldon intrigues me and has ever since I started watching TBBT.   He annoys the crap out of me, but I can't help but be drawn to him and the desire to see him succeed in his relationship with Amy.   I'd like to think I know his character pretty well since my FF focuses on him, and S9 has surprised me with just how much my assumptions have been correct.

Sheldon tries to carry a tough selfish exterior, but deep inside he really is a softee, and I am glad Amy gets to see this mixed with his determination to win at everything he does, including her.   Hee! Hee!

One thing I still don't get is that he succeeds at most everything he does, but driving confounds him.

Edited by jenafan
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, jenafan said:

I started to like this post, but then the end of it confused me.  

You said you wanted a demi-sexual Sheldon, but then the things you were disappointed Sheldon didn't do like having a sudden lustful urge and demand to be scratched, by definition, is not demi-sexual.     I think in this initial stage of their physical relationship, Sheldon acted according to his orientation.

I have always believed that Sheldon was demi-sexual.  It was his emotional intimacy that caused him to want to give himself to Amy, not a sudden desire to fulfill a sexual need.

Amy: 
Do you have any desire to have an intimate relationship?

Sheldon:  
I haven't ruled it out, but what we have is already extremely intimate.  I'd have to reach a higher level of emotional connection before I could consider physical intimacy.

Amy:
Okay.  We can do something else we can enjoy together.

Sheldon: 
We can drink tea, play counterfactuals, watch Raiders, play D&D, go to the aquarium.

Amy:
Ok, that is fun and we can do those things, but I really want more.   In the meantime, let me make you a bag of Cheerios in case you get hungry in the car. 

Sheldon: 
Excitement, bonding time.   Can't live without this woman.

Amy: 
I really don't know how much I mean to you, so let me be silly and bail, only to find that I'd rather have you without sex than not at all.

Sheldon: 
I almost lost you for good and realized how much I love you.   I got you back.  Let me show how sorry and grateful I am by giving you all of me.

Amy:
He really does love and care about me.

Sheldon:
That was more enjoyable than I thought.   I love this woman.   I believe I want to do this again.

To me this is classic demi-sexual.   Sheldon did not start out with sexual feelings at all.   They developed over time as a result of his emotional connection and familiarity with Amy.   His choices on sexual behavior are not guided by sexual attraction, but rather his desire to be close to Amy and to make her happy.   It explains the need to prepare and the lack of desire to pounce on Amy like an animal.   It explains why when she walked into the room in her sexy night gown, it did nothing to change his expression.   The attraction is not physical.   It is emotional.   The act of love making was a purposeful attempt at bonding and connecting with Amy rather than just filling a need for gratification.

So, while I don't think it's possible to change one's orientation, it does make me wonder if the writer's will go down the road to change Sheldon's attitude toward sex out of ignorance that he just didn't know what he's been missing.   If they do that, then the whole demi-sexual thing can pretty much be thrown out the window.

Now if my understanding of demi-sexuality is flawed, then I welcome someone to correct me because I don't want to be promoting misinformation.

This is exactly what I thought about S9E11.

On one hand I think it's more consistant with Sheldon's character if they keep him demi-sexual. On the other hand, however, my shipper heart wants him to discover his sexual desire towards Amy more.

But considering this is a sitcom on CBS, I doubt they'll ever talk about this issue. They probably gave us S9E11 to show us, "see? they had sex, now let's move on".

Edited by camelliayao

8 hours ago, ATOB said:

}SNIP{

Hmmm...

He may have said that he wanted to show her how much he cared for her but he also said that 'intimacy had been difficult for him but he thought he was ready for it'

He's previously made references to having 'urges'. He referred to their five year non sexual relationship as 'foreplay' in 8x24, most recently he has made references to 'invading Amy's southern borders' :rofl: and talked about Coitus like it was an option for him with the guys in the last episode.

I'm still in the Demisexual camp for just now, I think we require additional data before making a conclusion!

We could see him instigate intimacy in the future or we could see Amy asking him to ... um ... for lack of a better phrase "sort her out" :icon_redface:

I'm not gonna permanently set up camp in the A or Demi until I've seen this episode and maybe a few more :) 

On 20. studenoga 2015. 00:48:18, Carlos said:

Apparently you need more time to catch up, and read everything that went on while you were away because you don't seem to know what you're talking about. My comments on Lenny are tantrums? You've got to be joking. Hhhhmmm , sorry, I remembered you don't have a sense of humor even if you're a fan of TBBT. Also thank you for responding for another poster. I'm sure Chiany is very capable of answering me himself and doesn't need you fighting his battles. If he chose not to , I'm sure he has his reasons.

I know that I'm just such an ass for what I'm about to say, but when you said "I love all three couples", I thought oh, yeah: Lenny, Shamy and Howard-Raj. Yes, yes, I know. no need to say it: bad Carlos, bad Carlos...

LMAO

So, you have problems with me complaining about your reply to Chiany, even though you complained about Lionne'a reply to Tensor a few posts before? Isn't he capable of fighting his own battles too? 
On 20. studenoga 2015. 01:05:39, Carlos said:

I'm done with you. You are quite simply, completely totally and irrevocably not worth talking to. What a pathetic sad little man you are...

Well, this would have been a good way for you, Carlos, to cover up your lack of arguments (and maturity), if many of us hadn't seen it so many times before. 

And I think that it is pretty telling that
a) you haven't refuted any of my points
B) you resort to calling me a sad little man when you are the one constantly contradicting yourself, ignoring the flaws in your ship and shipping group, resorting to personal insults when somebody calls you out on it, and the one who chickens out of the discussion when somebody exposes you for who you truly are, while unsuccesfully trying to make that appear to be that person's fault.

So many words to describe a guy like that, so few that I am allowed to post on here...
Edited by Mislav

16 hours ago, April said:

I agree in principle with this.

Though with regards to a certain group we were talking about: I'll go out on a limb and say that there's a difference between "criticising how the writers handled certain stories of a show" and "clinging to a weirdly warped version of a story even though the show is confidently marching into a very different direction for years now". Like, criticising the writers because they didn't handle Lenny's wedding well? Fair game. But clinging to a bizarro scenario that was never in there to begin with and will never ever happen, and spending most of your time complaining about the last 6 or so seasons because the writers don't care for your fanfic idea? Well, that is the point where I'd recommend to take a long hard look at your life choices. I mean, this show is in the middle of S9 - if it hasn't been to your liking since S3 then maybe it's time to let go and move on.

Oh yeah, I was talking generally (and admittedly kind of hijacked the post because it's the first time I saw the writers-defense recently enough that it still made sense to comment).

Although I am on both forums, I'm not a shipper in TBBT at all and I've talked enough to the HQ guys to find it hard to really generalise why they're over there and not over here and why they still watch the show or don't (just like people here they all have their differing opinions, even if most of them ship the same pairing), so I can't really help with that.

1 minute ago, A.D.A. said:

Oh yeah, I was talking generally (and admittedly kind of hijacked the post because it's the first time I saw the writers-defense recently enough that it still made sense to comment).

Although I am on both forums, I'm not a shipper in TBBT at all and I've talked enough to the HQ guys to find it hard to really generalise why they're over there and not over here and why they still watch the show or don't (just like people here they all have their differing opinions, even if most of them ship the same pairing), so I can't really help with that.

Oh yes, absolutely. Admittedly, I'm mostly talking about those that I've encountered and some of the rants I've seen are just on a baffling "JFC WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU???" level. lol

• Like 2

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic