The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion Topic: Season 9

7 hours ago, Mislav said:

YOU. DON'T. SUPPORT. YOUR. BOYFRIEND. NOT. BEING. INVITED. TO. HIS. BEST. FRIEND'S. WEDDING. CEREMONY. BECAUSE. YOU. WANT. SOME. TIME. ALONE. THE MAN HE HAS KNOWN FOR OVER A DECADE! That is a special occasion and you should at least be understanding enough to be in the same room with him.

You are wrong. It was never her call to make. It was Howardette's house, and therefore the only people who had any say on the matter were Howard or Bernadette, no one else. Besides Amy never actually supported or opposed anything Howardette had decided because, again, it wasn't her house therefore not her call to make. And Sheldon was so interested in his best friend's wedding that all he did was interrupt the whole proceedings, make everybody uncomfortable, insult Amy and NOT watch Lenny's wedding.

• Like 4

The only one who ruined Lenny's wedding, is Lenny.

By doing it in the lamest way (Vegas) and not even inviting their "friends", why should their "friends" pay attention to their stream?

I wouldn't watch it if my so called best friends got married and not invite me.

Sheldon acted that way because he wasn't invited in the first place and didn't feel welcome, not to mention that Amy kept avoiding him after the first argument before suddenly announcing that she wants some time alone. Not to mention, it takes two to argue.

If he acted that way because he wasn't invited he has the maturity level of a 2 year old. Also, if he were a real friend he would have put himself second and watched the wedding. That is what a true best friend would do. Furthermore, are you implying that Amy didn't even had the right to ask for some time alone to think things over? If you are you are wrong again. And btw, they weren't arguing, he was insulting her, until she decided she had enough.

It was Amy who couldn't put the issue aside. The wedding wouldn't have happened if Sheldon hadn't made Leonard and Penny discuss that in the first place.

Oh, so Lenny's previous 9 years had nothing to do with the wedding? And their engagement? And the fact that they love each other? Really?

• Like 2

To be fair to Howard and Bernadette they probably didn't invite Sheldon while he was arguing with Amy to avoid a repeat of their wedding when Leonard started an argument with Penny in the middle of the vows! :icon_rolleyes:

Howard and Sheldon don't exactly get along so it's very in character for Sheldon to be the 'non' invited one. He could have watched on the Vegas wedding website from home, he only went round to the Wolowitz house cus he wanted to see Amy.

There will be a Shamy wedding soon enough, I wonder who is gonna disrupt that one? :rofl: :rofl: 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Mislav said:

Showing up someplace uninvited (when you should have been invited) isn't stalking. Sheldon did encourage Lenny to get married at that time. And now I'm done with this discussion.

Why are you done with this discussion? Because you were proven wrong? Btw, being at a place in proximity to someone against this person's will is the definition of stalking so I don't know what you're talking about.

7 minutes ago, Chiany said:

By doing it in the lamest way (Vegas) and not even inviting their "friends", why should their "friends" pay attention to their stream?

That's what quite a few Lenny's have been saying: the wedding sucked.  Except we mostly blame the TPTB for writing it.  

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Chiany said:

You missed the point. while I agree the Vegas wedding was lame, they were all planning on watching the wedding. So what you would do in the situation is meaningless. I know you are a Sheldon apologist but he was the only that wasn't interested in the wedding even knowing they were going to get married. But as usual the most important person to Sheldon is the guy he sees in the mirror.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Chiany said:

It is called eloping. Get a dictionary and see what it means. Spur of the moment, spontaneity, do you know what those mean? And yes, it was the writers totally shortchanging Lenny with that piece of shit wedding. That they did that to them after 9 years... they should be shot.

• Like 7

I always thought if lenny go married sheldon would be there to screw up the wedding but surprisingly he wasn't there and still screwed it up for everyone

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

?

It looks like the comic book store in the pic posted by Bill. I guess it's safe to say Stuart will be there? I'm bored of him. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Carlos said:

And yes, it was the writers totally shortchanging Lenny with that piece of shit wedding. That they did that to them after 9 years... they should be shot.

Or maybe they did the wedding the way they did it, because they were telling a story a specific way.  Of course you don't have to like it, but suggesting they did it that way because they didn't care about Leonard and Penny getting married is presumptuous, reductive, and kind of insulting Imo.

Personally I thought the wedding ceremony itself was okay at best.  Sure it wasn't glamorous, but given all the ducks in a row tptb would have to get in a row for a glamorous wedding (budgeting, scheduling guest stars, keeping penny's last name from being revealed already strains credibility having an extended family there would be stretching beyond credibility, etc.) We can all play Monday morning quarterback all we want, but we simply dont know the specifics of whether getting things like that above were ever possible.

Take mike-phoebes wedding in the final season on Friends, they wrote a snowstorm cancelling their guest list just so the writers wouldn't have to deal with the issue of guest stars not being able to be scheduled/in the budget, because of the stars already getting 1 million an episode.  I imagine tptb most likely deal with those same issues friends did.

For the record, I don't think anything about the elopement or its aftermath was ooc for Lenny in the slightest.

Edited by meka3000
  • Like 1

I have convinced myself that they handled Lennys wedding the way they did simply because of the issue of Penny's last name. I remember Molaro saying in a comic con (don't remember which year) that it would be complicated or something to that effect to do Lennys wedding without revealing her last name. I'm sticking with my theory. It comforts me. 

• Like 5

To quote Bernadette comparing the weddings, "We totally won".  Yes you did Bernie, yes you did.  

• Like 8

On 16.12.2015 at 5:59 AM, Chocoholic said:

I have convinced myself that they handled Lennys wedding the way they did simply because of the issue of Penny's last name. I remember Molaro saying in a comic con (don't remember which year) that it would be complicated or something to that effect to do Lennys wedding without revealing her last name. I'm sticking with my theory. It comforts me. 

:icon_cheesygrin:

Edited by veejay
  • Like 6

9 minutes ago, shamydawson said:

Hi! I was at the taping today it was a hilarious episode. It's called The Empathy Optimization

So the scene starts off with penny, Bernadette and Emily setting up dinner. They start talking about superheroes and the guys are in the kitchen looking at them in shock then penny starts talking about how hot Ben Affleck is and they're no longer in shock  

Sheldon then comes in his pjs saying how he's feeling better.from a cold. And no one seems to care cause he's been treating them mean (cuts to a montage of Sheldon being a pain in the ass to everyone's that's trying to help him) cuts back to Sheldon  " I still didn't get my chicken noodle soup"

Later at the comic book store Leonard, Howard and raj. They start talking about how they need a road trip away from Sheldon in a party bus. Raj then says "as long as we don't have to have coitus with him I'm in" 

Next is Sheldon over hears lenny talking going away to Vegas. Sheldon finds out he's not invited cause he's mean. Sheldon then says he's going  to start an apology tour 

Sheldon is then skyping Amy while she's still at away from a trip. He starts telling her how he's not invited cause supposedly he's mean and Amy starts teaching Sheldon to be more caring which is real funny  cause he acts out how to be caring and in the end, he ends up to actually care which is real sweet 

Sheldon then comes to Leonard and apologizes to him Leonard accepts his apology 

Sheldon then goes to Howard's house and apologizes to Bernadette and Howard and gives them these blue t shirts that says Sheldon apologized and his face on it, it's real funny! And takes a picture of them and starts playing an instrument which howard says "stop" and Sheldon says "that's 8hrs of practice down the drain"  

Later Sheldon apologized to penny while she's in the shower and tells her to wear the t-shirt and penny screams for him to get out

Then he goes to raj n apologizes to him and Emily in a insulting way. Raj accepts it but Emily doesn't. She gets mad and leaves 

Next raj comes into Sheldon and Leonard's saying Wats wrong with you Sheldon says he'll go apologize. Penny Howard  raj Leonard all say noooo

Next they're at the party bus and Sheldon pops out from the bathroom and scares everybody and they all say u couldn't let us have one week?! Stuart then pops out which was so hilarious. Emily is still mad at him. Sheldon then apologizes to her and he then leaves. Sheldon says come on Stuart. He says he wants to stay. Sheldon screams "now Stuart!" They get off the bus. Leonard had a change of heart n invites him back. Only Sheldon though haha 

The tag was raj dancing in a stripper pole while penny's digging money into his pants 

I apologize if I got the order wrong or have missed a few things 

Thank you so much!! Sounds pretty hilarious :)

Was there any good 'behind the scenes' stuff - funny or sweet interactions between the cast, line mess ups, etc?

• Like 4

Thank you, shamydawson.   Seems kind of strange, and very odd they still have Amy away...kind of like she doesn't get much cast interaction, yet the rest get to interact a lot.   Very strange to exclude her like that.   But looking forward to the January and February taping sessions.

• Like 8

Whoa is this really an episode of bbt? The concept of a bus party sounds so alien for this show. Beyond excited though! When does this air?!?! Sheldon apologizing to people? The show really has come a long way. Good to have Emily back too. But looks like they're never gonna acknowledge the topic of Penny/Emily rift. I wonder why Mayim/Amy is away second episode in a row? Is she busy? Are there any Jewish holidays/festivals around? I would have liked if she was in person to teach Sheldon to be considerate of other people's feelings and sneaked with him on the bus. And then they both would have been called back. Or maybe this is just because I'm bored of Stuart. Either way I'm happy they tried something new. Thanks shamydawson!!! 

• Like 2

Thank you for this TR, just hope it turns out better then it sounds.

but as you said it was funny, I'm slightly hopeful

• Like 2