[Spoilers] Discussion Topic: Season 9

23 minutes ago, stardustmelody said:

Thank you, shamydawson.   Seems kind of strange, and very odd they still have Amy away...kind of like she doesn't get much cast interaction, yet the rest get to interact a lot.   Very strange to exclude her like that.   But looking forward to the January and February taping sessions.

Speaking as negatively as I can here, I just really don't want the writers to be in the mindset that "ok, Amy has served her purpose for this season, so we'll just use her in Shamy-centric scenes from now on".... and I don't really think this but I hope the rest of the season doesn't play out this way. I miss the whole group and 13 episodes in and we STILL don't have a scene with them all :icon_rolleyes:

• Like 8

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know you are all thirsty for spoilers, But hear me out first. Ok so I didn't post or let on I was going for a number of reasons. Number ,1 I have an incredible amount of personal issues including he

Ok...I'm posting this for a friend who was there last night.  Please note, I wasn't there directly but I do understand the importance to the community of providing information so please be appreciativ

Hello!!   So I decided to do a taping report for yesterday’s episode, “The Bachelor Party Corrosion”, I know there have been some issues with the material in previous episodes but please have faith in

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, FortCozyMcBlanket said:

Speaking as negatively as I can here, I just really don't want the writers to be in the mindset that "ok, Amy has served her purpose for this season, so we'll just use her in Shamy-centric scenes from now on".... and I don't really think this but I hope the rest of the season doesn't play out this way. I miss the whole group and 13 episodes in and we STILL don't have a scene with them all :icon_rolleyes:

Could it somehow be related to Hannukah?  I can't think how, but...

• Like 1

Regarding weddings, idk , i think that if they would have decided to have a 'big' normal wedding for Lenny, they couldn't have just dedicate one episode to it, they would have had to mention it at least in a few episodes, like choosing dresses, guests, etc. And they've already done a wedding with Howardette and they had a proposal in mind for Shamy... So 3 big weddings = ~ 10-15 episodes in the series overall about the wedding stuff, and i think for a sitcom that's originally been about physics and not relationships, it is a lot.
FRIENDS managed to pull 3 (or more?) weddings nicely, but it was a relationship-y sitcom in the first place...
TBBT is overcrowded, their episodes are shorter, and they need to constantly incorporate science/ nerdy things in the plots...
So i think they simply don't have time. I think it's one of the reasons why they decided to marry Howardette before Howard going to space, to dedicate less episodes to it.

I don't think they'll dedicate many episodes to Shamy wedding as well , and i am totally ok with that (but maybe that's just me, i just don't care about weddings tbh ).

• Like 2

Well to be honest Amy was brought in for a  girlfriend for Sheldon. So maybe TPTB just see her as her role, and beyond that has no purpose. Not saying it is, but I Think it might be, supporting character and all. TBH does she make a difference to the ensemble? Hmmm I love Amy but not sure.

4 minutes ago, shamydawson said:

Melissa missed up in beginning multiple times. Laura missed up too cause she laughed at Melissa. They had to redo the scenes many times, also there  was a bang real loud (I guess something fell) and they redid it again

Kaley grabbed Jim and danced with him it was really cute! 

Jim was talking to kunal and had a shocked face and gasped and turned to Johnny and he laughed. It was so funny

Also right before they called action, Jim laughed in the cutest way possible :3 and everyone laughed

Jim and Johnny hugged before a scene. That was sweet too! I was only watching Jim (obsessed haha) so don't remember seeing other interactions 

Thanks for the BTS info.... hope whoever fell is okay...if it was that loud..could have hurt themselves.  

2 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Well to be honest Amy was brought in for a  girlfriend for Sheldon. So maybe TPTB just see her as her role, and beyond that has no purpose. Not saying it is, but I Think it might be, supporting character and all. TBH does she make a difference to the ensemble? Hmmm I love Amy but not sure.

I understand your point. But this applies to Bernadette as well. And she was a part of the party story. I guess its a good bet to say Mayim was busy. 

9 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

She does to me. I find her hilarious in scenes with the girls. Funnier than with Sheldon, sometimes. And way funnier than the girls without her. 

Edited by Gbb
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, shamyyyy said:

Regarding weddings, idk , i think that if they would have decided to have a 'big' normal wedding for Lenny, they couldn't have just dedicate one episode to it, they would have had to mention it at least in a few episodes, like choosing dresses, guests, etc. And they've already done a wedding with Howardette and they had a proposal in mind for Shamy... So 3 big weddings = ~ 10-15 episodes in the series overall about the wedding stuff, and i think for a sitcom that's originally been about physics and not relationships, it is a lot.
FRIENDS managed to pull 3 (or more?) weddings nicely, but it was a relationship-y sitcom in the first place...
TBBT is overcrowded, their episodes are shorter, and they need to constantly incorporate science/ nerdy things in the plots...
So i think they simply don't have time. I think it's one of the reasons why they decided to marry Howardette before Howard going to space, to dedicate less episodes to it.

I don't think they'll dedicate many episodes to Shamy wedding as well , and i am totally ok with that (but maybe that's just me, i just don't care about weddings tbh ).

I would have been fine with a short and sweet wedding but the Leonard making out with someone else was just a stupid story line in my opinion. It created for a tense and unsure couple before and after the wedding. 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Chocoholic said:

I understand your point. But this applies to Bernadette as well. And she was a part of the party story. I guess its a good bet to say Mayim was busy. 

But Sheldon was sick at the beginning of the show and wasn't invited on the party bus thus there seemed no reason for her to be in those scenes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chrismo said:

But Sheldon was sick at the beginning of the show and wasn't invited on the party bus thus there seemed no reason for her to be in those scenes.

I don't think Sheldon was uninvited because he was sick. I think it was because he was being mean to people (which i guess was because he was sick). But you know that's no reason for Amy to not be in scenes. They could have showed a couple of scenes of her taking care of him. No biggie. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Gbb said:

She does to me. I find her hilarious in scenes with the girls. Funnier than with Sheldon, sometimes. And way funnier than the girls without her. 

Well it's not really about how funny she is. But the ratio of her scenes vs the rest of the cast. Bernadette is a supporting character too. But she has been theirs since S3. And is  married to one of the main characters. Sheldon is a different case. As said, Sheldon was not invited originally and was sick. So maybe that is why Amy wasen't their. Like in Family Guy Joe, Quagmire, Cleveland are funny characters. But need the main ones to play off. Amy needs the girls and Sheldon to play off. I mean her quirky reactions to Penny early on. It's like with Sheldon, he needs Leonard and Penny to play off. I am just saying tbh, well the audience notice her being absent mayne not *hides*.

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gbb said:

My guess it was one of a couple of things. Either Mayim wasn't going to be available much this past week (maybe Hanukkah?) and they wrote around her, or they wanted to do the Sheldon is an ass while sick and pisses everyone off storyline, and if Amy had been in town there'd have been no reason she wouldn't have taken care of him, so they left her out of town to set up the conflict. Or Door #3, whatever it is. 

Finding a way to keep them apart to delay the proposal? Which pushes it further toward the 200th, meh! I wanted a Gang focused 200th so I'm hoping I'm wrong!

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Chocoholic said:

I would have been fine with a short and sweet wedding but the Leonard making out with someone else was just a stupid story line in my opinion. It created for a tense and unsure couple before and after the wedding. 

Yep this i totally agree with ! I do think it was handled in a strange way.
I get it they wanted a cliffhanger, but they could have done something different.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Chocoholic said:

I don't think Sheldon was uninvited because he was sick. I think it was because he was being mean to people (which i guess was because he was sick). But you know that's no reason for Amy to not be in scenes. They could have showed a couple of scenes of her taking care of him. No biggie. 

I think the idea of Sheldon being sick was to show he was a pain in the ass. It makes sense him apologizing, espicially to the ones going on the party bus. I think Amy being away was more convenient in having a Shamy Skype session. also these shows are less than 20 minutes long.

15 minutes ago, veejay said:

Thanks for the TR, shamydawson!   :shy:

It's very brave to put a TR on here with this group. At least it wasn' the Shamy coitus. LOL

• Like 1

Thanks shamydawson, it seems to me a funny episode, I hope you enjoy yourself!!!

As for Amy/Mayim having just one scene, apart from the possible explanations other posters have presented, another one may be that very often in TBBT, after a big development, there are some episodes in which the said development is almost ignored. In this case, for me, they may have decided to "ignore" it by creating a physical distance between the two characters. It's unfortunate that this has prevented Amy to interact with characters other than Sheldon, but this has created the opportunity of other interactions; for example Sheldon and Emily have almost never spoke to each other...In many previous episodes there were supporting characters having just one scene, so I guess this time was Amy's turn for it. It's odd that no jokes about Shamy's physical intimacy have been done by the gang, I would have expected  that at least this should have happened in this (or the previous) episode, but maybe it could be possible the boys still don't know, or don't  care, and it's still a way to ignore the development...I miss so much the group dinners in 4A, as many of you, and I really hope for a full group episode very soon!!

• Like 5

This seems odd to me :icon_neutral:

Penny and Emily do not get along mainly because Emily is jealous of what happened between her and Raj - yet Emily agrees to go to Vegas with them both and Raj/Penny think the stripper part of the TR is a good plan? Just odd.

I really don't understand the shows obsession with Vegas either, is it normal for 30 something Americans to regularly visit there? 

I am excited to see more Raj though! His line about not sleeping with Sheldon sounds funny and hopefully get a bit more of him and Emily :) 

• Like 3

Just now, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

This seems odd to me :icon_neutral:

Penny and Emily do not get along mainly because Emily is jealous of what happened between her and Raj - yet Emily agrees to go to Vegas with them both and Raj/Penny think the stripper part of the TR is a good plan? Just odd.

I really don't understand the shows obsession with Vegas either, is it normal for 30 something Americans to regularly visit there? 

I am excited to see more Raj though! His line about not sleeping with Sheldon sounds funny and hopefully get a bit more of him and Emily :) 

The oddest thing is Sheldon  willing and almost begging to go to Las Vegas!!!! In previous seasons he called that place (I don't recall the exact words) something like "Hell"!!!

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Tensor said:

That's what quite a few Lenny's have been saying: the wedding sucked.  Except we mostly blame the TPTB for writing it.  

Also their Friends diddn't seem to care when they got engaged, so why should they get a say on their wedding day? It wasen't Lenny's fault the wedding was bad. TPTB that wrote it sure. It woulden't matter what the context was, Sheldon would of some how made it about him.

• Like 1

yeah i'm also excited about Raj! I loved loved loved Shamy-heavy first half of the season, but most characters' time on screen suffered cause of it, and while i don't care about Howardette, i missed Raj so much ! i hate it when he has like 1 line (( ( although , usually even that 1 line is hilarious ) 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

The oddest thing is Sheldon  willing and almost begging to go to Las Vegas!!!! In previous seasons he called that place (I don't recall the exact words) something like "Hell"!!!

I think its pretty common for 30 year olds to go to vegas. Ever heard of The Hangover? haha. I think Penny putting money in Raj's pants while he is stripping sounds hilarious haha. Maybe Emily got over it? And yeah Sheldon thought that years ago, maybe the character have changed a bit.

8 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Thanks shamydawson, it seems to me a funny episode, I hope you enjoy yourself!!!

As for Amy/Mayim having just one scene, apart from the possible explanations other posters have presented, another one may be that very often in TBBT, after a big development, there are some episodes in which the said development is almost ignored. In this case, for me, they may have decided to "ignore" it by creating a physical distance between the two characters. It's unfortunate that this has prevented Amy to interact with characters other than Sheldon, but this has created the opportunity of other interactions; for example Sheldon and Emily have almost never spoke to each other...In many previous episodes there were supporting characters having just one scene, so I guess this time was Amy's turn for it. It's odd that no jokes about Shamy's physical intimacy have been done by the gang, I would have expected  that at least this should have happened in this (or the previous) episode, but maybe it could be possible the boys still don't know, or don't  care, and it's still a way to ignore the development...I miss so much the group dinners in 4A, as many of you, and I really hope for a full group episode very soon!!

There is a joke made by Raj, they are talking about going to Vegas to take a break from Sheldon as it worked for Amy and Raj says as long as he doesn't have to have Coitus with him afterwards :) 

So they do know about the Coitus and the episodes are in order cus Amy says she stayed late at her conference to avoid sick Sheldon :rofl: 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

There is a joke made by Raj, they are talking about going to Vegas to take a break from Sheldon as it worked for Amy and Raj says as long as he doesn't have to have Coitus with him afterwards :) 

So they do know about the Coitus and the episodes are in order cus Amy says she stayed late at her conference to avoid sick Sheldon :rofl: 

Oh, thank you, I missed that part...Very funny!!! Anyway, they seem to have taken the news in a very relaxed way, not making a big deal out of it!! And...good call Amy, sick Sheldon is the worst!!!

• Like 1

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic