Jump to content

[Spoilers] Discussion Topic: Season 9


Recommended Posts

I actually find it interesting Sheldon had any desire to join them on the party bus.  He never was interested in parties before and so it seems a bit out of character for him to want to go that bad that he apologizes to people for his behavior once he realized he was rude when sick.  I am not sure if they are trying to show him completely changed or what, but it is odd to me they would go that route with him.  

I can possibly buy the idea that Amy had to be out of town to 1) not be there to take care of Sheldon so he could be a pain in the neck to everyone else and 2) to help him understand his rude behavior to them and for him to apologize since that is the story they went with , but what I find hard to buy is him WANTING to go in the first place.   

Sheldon used to want to avoid parties and Vegas trips so why did he want to go so bad?   It just seems out of character to me.   

I am not sure what they are trying to do there other than yes, make an "all cast minus Amy" event but it seems to me they could have come up with something a bit more likely than this story and that truly would have included all the cast, including Amy.  While I am sure it will be entertaining and fun, it just seems so "out there" to me in a way.   

Einstein, I can't say that many of my friends in their 30s went to Vegas much but I guess in this generation they may go there a lot if they live where these characters live.   I don't think people in other states in their 30's think of going there that much...just those within commutable distance.    That may be another reason why the story is a bit of a stretch as far as being relatable.  Seems unlikely that these nerds would find Vegas their favorite place to go so much.

2 minutes ago, shamyyyy said:

Aww did she say that  ? : (      It actually sounds a little mean : (  ...i hope it sounds/looks better in the actual episode!

I agree..sounds a bit mean and that is one thing I really dislike is when they decide to have characters get "mean" in order to be "funny".  It isn't funny when they are mean.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know you are all thirsty for spoilers, But hear me out first. Ok so I didn't post or let on I was going for a number of reasons. Number ,1 I have an incredible amount of personal issues including he

Ok...I'm posting this for a friend who was there last night.  Please note, I wasn't there directly but I do understand the importance to the community of providing information so please be appreciativ

Hello!!   So I decided to do a taping report for yesterday’s episode, “The Bachelor Party Corrosion”, I know there have been some issues with the material in previous episodes but please have faith in

Posted Images

1 minute ago, mirs1 said:

Oh, thank you, I missed that part...Very funny!!! Anyway, they seem to have taken the news in a very relaxed way, not making a big deal out of it!! And...good call Amy, sick Sheldon is the worst!!!

Yeah I'm glad they didn't make a big deal of it, could have been a few funny lines about it in there but after 11 solid Shamy relationship episodes a break from it all seems right. Even if I am a greedy shipper :wink: 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the tag with Raj/Penny will look different than it sounds. The Penny/Emily incident appears to be forgotten. While Vegas is a common place to go to IMO it's been overdone on the show. I like Stuart and Emily but Stuart needs to go away for awhile and hopefully we will see more Emily.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gbb said:

I may be in the minority here, but Emily has never worked for me as a character, either with Raj or with the group. She's just kind of... there. 

I find her funny and I have this odd thing where I'm like trying to like her for Raj's sake, like she's my cousins GF or something?! :rofl: 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

I find her funny and I have this odd thing where I'm like trying to like her for Raj's sake, like she's my cousins GF or something?! :rofl: 

I totally get that. I so want Raj to be happy! But (being the busybody about my cousin's girlfriend) I don't think she's the right girl for him. ;)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Gbb said:

I may be in the minority here, but Emily has never worked for me as a character, either with Raj or with the group. She's just kind of... there. 

I totally agree. Not a fan.

As for Amy saying that she stayed out of town to avoid sick Sheldon... I get the show is a comedy and that Sheldon is notorious for being the worst sick person ever, but I hate it when the writers overlook recent or major storylines to make a funny. Sheldon took care of Amy despite his personal phobias in S6... and she wasn't even sick for half of it. But if we aren't going to go back in time and nitpick, I still think they could have done without this joke after Shamy's entire plot in the previous episode centered around missing each other while she was away. She missed him so much that she decided to stay longer while he was sick? Come on, writers. You already threw her out of the episode, what would discarding one more line hurt?

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love Emily! Shes hot :D. I love her creepy side. This show needs a character like that, with edge. I think the issue is they have not explored her character enough or her relationship with Raj. That is my main issue with her. And wish they would sort out Penny and Emily. Emily really has no reason to find Penny to be a threat over a drunken dime and dash that didn't really happen half a decade ago.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My feeling it that it is different being invited and deciding that you don't want to go eg trip to Mexico than not be invited at all. Shelton is now more aware of his feelings. Him trying to apologise and getting it wrong sounds funny.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, shamydawson said:

Hi! I was at the taping today it was a hilarious episode. It's called The Empathy Optimization

...

I apologize if I got the order wrong or have missed a few things 

Thank you so much!!

1 hour ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

There is a joke made by Raj, they are talking about going to Vegas to take a break from Sheldon as it worked for Amy and Raj says as long as he doesn't have to have Coitus with him afterwards :) 

 

So they do know about the Coitus and the episodes are in order cus Amy says she stayed late at her conference to avoid sick Sheldon :rofl: 

Where did you get that from? Cause I don't see it in the TR. Were there more spoilers in chat this morning?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stardustmelody said:

I actually find it interesting Sheldon had any desire to join them on the party bus.  He never was interested in parties before and so it seems a bit out of character for him to want to go that bad that he apologizes to people for his behavior once he realized he was rude when sick.  I am not sure if they are trying to show him completely changed or what, but it is odd to me they would go that route with him.  

I can possibly buy the idea that Amy had to be out of town to 1) not be there to take care of Sheldon so he could be a pain in the neck to everyone else and 2) to help him understand his rude behavior to them and for him to apologize since that is the story they went with , but what I find hard to buy is him WANTING to go in the first place.   

Sheldon used to want to avoid parties and Vegas trips so why did he want to go so bad?   It just seems out of character to me.   

I am not sure what they are trying to do there other than yes, make an "all cast minus Amy" event but it seems to me they could have come up with something a bit more likely than this story and that truly would have included all the cast, including Amy.  While I am sure it will be entertaining and fun, it just seems so "out there" to me in a way.   

Einstein, I can't say that many of my friends in their 30s went to Vegas much but I guess in this generation they may go there a lot if they live where these characters live.   I don't think people in other states in their 30's think of going there that much...just those within commutable distance.    That may be another reason why the story is a bit of a stretch as far as being relatable.  Seems unlikely that these nerds would find Vegas their favorite place to go so much.

I agree..sounds a bit mean and that is one thing I really dislike is when they decide to have characters get "mean" in order to be "funny".  It isn't funny when they are mean.

I presumed that he wanted to go specifically because it was a trip planned to avoid him, he hates being excluded.

I don't get the Vegas thing, it was featured in Friends, HIMYM and TBBT... and I'm sure more that I can't think of right now. I always thought it was seen as a tacky/nasty place but maybe I got the wrong end of the stick *shrugs* 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's wrong with tacky and nasty places? haha. I don't think its ideal to stereotype these characters. Yes they are nerds, geeks, living on the backdrop of geek culture. A lot of young people go their to have fun. A few people get married their. Watching The Hangover. It is just a convention for people of a certain generation to have a good time, and remember nothing the next morning haha. I am biast The Hangover is one of my fav movies ever! But just making the point. Why shoulden't they go to Vegas? Human beings do, and it gives the show a human touch. They prob do it too often but whatever.

Edited by 3ku11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IT does remind me a bit of Two and a half men Season 5. When Charlie was sick. And because of how poorly he had treated his loved ones. No one wanted to take care of him. Then Rose came back haha. Similar thing happening here. At least Sheldon apologised, more then I can say for Charlie. Amy from what I read didn't want to take care of Sheldon, because he was being mean. So she was not their. The gang went on a party bus thingy. And Amy was out of town, pretty simple. It's not that odd. Some say Mayim doesn't interact with the cast as much. Well other then Shamy scenes, she has not been featured with the group much, maybe that's why. That's not to say outside the main 5, Mellisa and Mayim feel alienated haha, I doubt it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/18/2015 at 1:41 AM, veejay said:

 

3 hours ago, Chocoholic said:

I don't think Sheldon was uninvited because he was sick. I think it was because he was being mean to people (which i guess was because he was sick). But you know that's no reason for Amy to not be in scenes. They could have showed a couple of scenes of her taking care of him. No biggie. 

S_sarcasm1.gif.406a7dcbdfab53c7fca0aa72b

:shy:

Just watch Series 1 Episode 11 – The Pancake Batter Anomaly for how Sheldon is when he's sick.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

I presumed that he wanted to go specifically because it was a trip planned to avoid him, he hates being excluded.

I don't get the Vegas thing, it was featured in Friends, HIMYM and TBBT... and I'm sure more that I can't think of right now. I always thought it was seen as a tacky/nasty place but maybe I got the wrong end of the stick *shrugs* 

I don't think it's necessarily tacky/nasty.  It's a place for variety of people to party and to gamble. It can be a place for families with Kids. The thing is there a variety of places to go party where they are at. Not just Vegas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you so much for the TR, @shamydawson! I'm eager to watch this episode on screen :)

4 hours ago, pegcarr said:

My feeling it that it is different being invited and deciding that you don't want to go eg trip to Mexico than not be invited at all. Shelton is now more aware of his feelings. Him trying to apologise and getting it wrong sounds funny.

6 hours ago, Gbb said:

My guess it was one of a couple of things. Either Mayim wasn't going to be available much this past week (maybe Hanukkah?) and they wrote around her, or they wanted to do the Sheldon is an ass while sick and pisses everyone off storyline, and if Amy had been in town there'd have been no reason she wouldn't have taken care of him, so they left her out of town to set up the conflict. Or Door #3, whatever it is. 

I very much agree with these two POVs! I'll explain myself further in the Shamy thread...

5 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

I love Emily! Shes hot :D. I love her creepy side. This show needs a character like that, with edge. I think the issue is they have not explored her character enough or her relationship with Raj. That is my main issue with her. And wish they would sort out Penny and Emily. Emily really has no reason to find Penny to be a threat over a drunken dime and dash that didn't really happen half a decade ago.

Yes to this^ maybe I'm one of the few thinking this, but the character of Emily has always intrigued me a lot. She could bring something interesting to the show, if only TPTB  gave her the opportunity to do so! We'll see.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, ajond said:

thank god.

Eh, some people get so upset over somebody expressing the opinion that is different from theirs LOL.

 
If it bothered you so much, you could have always expressed your point of view or simply go read something else... rather than apparently let it get to you and then feeling a need to express how much the discussion you weren't a part of bothered you. No offense just saying. 
16 hours ago, Kasey said:

No, but it's rude regardless.   It was Howard and Bernadette's house.  If they didn't want Sheldon there, then they didn't have to invite him. 

I haven't argued that it wasn't rude, only that it wasn't completely Sheldon's fault and that it was not stalking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Carlos said:

If he acted that way because he wasn't invited he has the maturity level of a 2 year old. Also, if he were a real friend he would have put himself second and watched the wedding. That is what a true best friend would do. Furthermore, are you implying that Amy didn't even had the right to ask for some time alone to think things over? If you are you are wrong again. And btw, they weren't arguing, he was insulting her, until she decided she had enough.

Oh, so Lenny's previous 9 years had nothing to do with the wedding? And their engagement? And the fact that they love each other? Really?

In her private residence, workplace, yes. But not during the wedding ceremony of the couple who had nothing to do with their problems and who Sheldon has known longer than her. There is taking some time alone and there is childlishy avoiding any sort of contact with that person (or even seeing him) for as long as you see fit.

 
 
It was the reason why Lenny eventually got married, but Sheldon made them look at the stage of their relationship and then decide to get married at that time, which led to a wedding ceremony around the time Sheldon and Amy argued. He was the reason why they got married around that time and that is just one of the things why he should have been invited to attend the ceremony that was happening at that time. Why do you keep twisting the words around?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Mislav said:

I haven't argued that it wasn't rude, only that it wasn't completely Sheldon's fault and that it was not stalking.

Okay I'll bite...how was it not Sheldon's fault that he went there?  Did I miss something and a gun was pointed to his head? 

I'm not suggesting it is stalking either.  What I am saying is that it was Sheldon's choice to be where he wasn't invited.  That was HIS choice, regardless of whether or not he SHOULD have been invited.  That is immaterial.  Whether he had a hand in getting the ball rolling for Lenny to get married in Vegas is also immaterial.

Now would Leonard have wanted Sheldon to see his wedding to Penny - yes I believe that 100%.  Still that would not make it okay for Sheldon to show up where he wasn't invited.  Sure it was done to initiate the break up of Shamy, but then I guess the only argument that I would see the validity as being was that it wasn't Sheldon's fault because the writers made him do it...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, eirwinrommel said:

Just watch Series 1 Episode 11 – The Pancake Batter Anomaly for how Sheldon is when he's sick.

Yes but he took care of Amy once when she was sick. I know he is a handful but that is who Amy chose to be with. :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kasey said:

Okay I'll bite...how was it not Sheldon's fault that he went there?  Did I miss something and a gun was pointed to his head? 

I'm not suggesting it is stalking either.  What I am saying is that it was Sheldon's choice to be where he wasn't invited.  That was HIS choice, regardless of whether or not he SHOULD have been invited.  That is immaterial.  Whether he had a hand in getting the ball rolling for Lenny to get married in Vegas is also immaterial.

Now would Leonard have wanted Sheldon to see his wedding to Penny - yes I believe that 100%.  Still that would not make it okay for Sheldon to show up where he wasn't invited.  Sure it was done to initiate the break up of Shamy, but then I guess the only argument that I would see the validity as being was that it wasn't Sheldon's fault because the writers made him do it...

I haven't said that it wasn't his fault for going there, but that the argument that culminated wasn't entirely his fault. He should have been invited and had a right to show up, to confront them at lease. Their behavior/treatment of him was far for good, so they got what they had given. They were both in the wrong but he wasn't the one to start it and had the right to attend the ceremony.

 
And what else do you not understand? I explained that Sheldon's actions don't qualify stalking, but you responded by declaring them as rude. I never said that they weren't rude and explained why those weren't stalking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.