[Spoilers] Discussion Topic: Season 9

Tensor

18 hours ago, djsurrey said:

Until there is an an announcement no one can really know. My guess is there will be a season 11.

there is a newish thread about this.

http://forum.the-big-bang-theory.com/topic/6421-the-big-bang-theory-ending-with-season-10/

Djsurrey is right. At this time it's pure speculation, even if most known factors would indicate a high likelihood.

17 hours ago, meka3000 said:

I think you and many others are taking Amy's words WAY TOO literally.  As opposed to her just speaking about that in general.  Many people SAY things like "exactly" while intending them to mean in general.  Not everyone is pedantic.

Hell take her words in the Date Night Variable, "Sheldon, you either say something meaningful and from the heart, or you and I are done."

He seemingly did that, ONLY to reveal that those words were him paraphrasing form Spider-Man 1.  So after she rolled over for him and accepted Sheldon's half assed effort at saying something meaningful it became obvious that Amy was bluffing and full of shit when she said "or you and I are done."  She wasn't being EXACT when she said that quote above, why am I (or anyone else for that matter) supposed to believe she is being LITERALLY EXACT about marrying Sheldon in four years FROM THAT EXACT DAY?

Do you know the English language? Btw, the WAY TOO  and the LITERALLY EXACT are redundant. "Literally" would have been fine. Your post makes no sense.  We are not discussing "Date night Variable", are we? No,  you brought it up and lacks relevance. As to the question you pose it is very simple: "Because she made the point to the emphasize the precision of the date by saying exactly. Believe or don't . At this point, I don't think anybody really cares what you believe.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, wowbagger said:

(blinks)......because the phrase ''in exactly four years' time' is specific and finite enough for it to be taken literally? This isn't someone saying 'In exactly five millennia, Sheldon and I will be married'. A timescale telescopic enough for us to figure that the 'exactly' is for emphasis rather than to be taken literally.

Also, Amy's manner and affect was not that of someone engaging in a bit of comic exaggeration on purpose e.g. 'If Donald Trump is the next President of the United States, I will eat my hat with sauce Bearnaise exactly fifteen seconds after the announcement'.

And, moreover, in context it seems to me that we were meant to shake our heads at the fanatical gleam in Amy's eyes, in her psychotically minute (as in finickingly precise) daydreaming and planning. The joke is precisely that Amy meant it. Literally.

Now, whether she still means it, or whether the show will remember that line and fulfill it,  who knows? But for us to say 'Oh, Amy meant it literally' is not the same thing as us saying '.....Therefore she still means it, and furthermore that it is written and will happen exactly as she said'.

Totally agree with your post. Very well put indeed. What some people seem to be completely unable to grasp is that that is Amy's plan. It should be obvious to everybody that that doesn't  necessarily mean it will happen.

Finally ... I will eat my hat and hope I choke on it (lol)

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Why does it matter lol. Some of you take these characters in what they say, or do at face value too much.

Why does it matter to you, if another poster takes what a character says or does at face value?  How much is exactly "too much"?   And if a member wishes to do that, who exactly are you to tell them it's wrong?

• Like 3

Lol whatever if you want to discuss when or what time frame Amy made an obsecure comment regarding courting Sheldon years ago as literal. As such compelling conversation, then all power to you! I see opposing opinions are still not allowed. No offense tensor but you really need to lighten up, aint that deep man. Im entitled to say this conversation is just pointless. 

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Carlos said:

-We are not discussing "Date night Variable", are we? No,  you brought it up and lacks relevance.

-"Because she made the point to the emphasize the precision of the date by saying exactly."

-At this point, I don't think anybody really cares what you believe.

-It's relevant to my point, she wasn't being literal there when she threatened to end their relationship.  (She was bluffing IMO in that scene).  Why am I to believe she was 100% absolute in her words in 6x02 if she wasn't in the previous episode's example?

-Your operating under the assumption that she didn't just use "exactly" in a casual manner, and that she actually cared whether her friends thought she was being literal/precise or not.

-And yet here you are (along with other people) quoting my posts on how I interpreted that scene.  So obviously that's not true.

5 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Lol whatever if you want to discuss when or what time frame Amy made an obscure comment regarding courting Sheldon years ago as literal. As such compelling conversation, then all power to you! I see opposing opinions are still not allowed. No offense tensor but you really need to lighten up, ain't that deep man. Im entitled to say this conversation is just pointless. 

With that logic why is any of us here? Because we like TBBT more than the average viewer, enough to comment on a forum, and discuss different views and even putting up with people who only get their rocks off criticizing others.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Carlos said:

Totally agree with your post. Very well put indeed. What some people seem to be completely unable to grasp is that that is Amy's plan.

I'm not denying that Amy has a plan, I just don't believe that her line "in exactly four years" meant she literally means she will marry Sheldon in four years FROM THAT VERY DAY.  As opposed to marrying him four years from now sometime WITHIN the year 2016.  And that's ASSUMING she is still sticking with that plan.

9 hours ago, April said:

Yeah, they better tackle that sooner rather than later. The longer they wait the more it becomes the elephant in the room. I mean, I can understand Lenny living in 4a to help Sheldon through a rough time. But now that everything's fine again the question arises Why are you doing this to yourselves? Look at your life, look at your choices!! lol

So with Lenny talking to the psychiatrist in this one and Sheldon going on an apology tour in the one after that, maybe this will be the start of a little arc to finally get this over with! *fingers crossed*

Too funny, just brought this up in Shamy thread, I agree 100% think it would be good for both couples

• Like 1

9 hours ago, April said: Yeah, they better tackle that sooner rather than later. The longer they wait the more it becomes the elephant in the room. I mean, I can understand Lenny living in 4a to help Sheldon through a rough time. But now that everything's fine again the question arises Why are you doing this to yourselves? Look at your life, look at your choices!! lol

So with Lenny talking to the psychiatrist in this one and Sheldon going on an apology tour in the one after that, maybe this will be the start of a little arc to finally get this over with! *fingers crossed*

Too funny, just brought this up in Shamy thread, I agree 100% think it would be good for both couples

I don't see this happening anytime soon the writers want to keep the main 3 as centric to 4A as long as possible. That what the dynamics of the show was from the beginning and as Amy is not one of main 3. I don't see lenny moving out soon or Amy moving in until probably late S10 or even the last episode of the show.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

24 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

I don't see this happening anytime soon the writers want to keep the main 3 as centric to 4A as long as possible. That what the dynamics of the show was from the beginning and as Amy is not one of main 3. I don't see lenny moving out soon or Amy moving in until probably late S10 or even the last episode of the show.

Penny has always lived across the hall, I don't see how it limits the main three being together if Leonard moves across the hall and Amy moves in with Sheldon. I think not doing it makes Lenny just seem bitter and stuck if they keep complaining about their roommate. When they really are not. Sure Sheldon doesn't like change, but I believe he woke up in Amy's apartment IE: spent the whole night after coitus . Date night is Saturday and they soon after saw the stars wars movie together. That is a lot of time spent together, plus Sheldon preparing to propose .. It would be hard for me to keep hearing Lenny complain about Sheldon. 

Edited by EvilStewie
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said: I don't see this happening anytime soon the writers want to keep the main 3 as centric to 4A as long as possible. That what the dynamics of the show was from the beginning and as Amy is not one of main 3. I don't see lenny moving out soon or Amy moving in until probably late S10 or even the last episode of the show.

Penny has always lived across the hall, I don't see how it limits the main three being together if Leonard moves across the hall and Amy moves in with Sheldon. I think not doing it makes Lenny just seem bitter and stuck if they keep complaining about their roommate. When they really are not. Sure Sheldon doesn't like change, but I believe he woke up in Amy's apartment IE: spent the whole night after coitus . Date night is Saturday and they soon after saw the stars wars movie together. That is a lot of time spent together, plus Sheldon preparing to propose .. It would be hard for me to keep hearing Lenny complain about Sheldon. 

If it was up to Lenny they would have moved out ages ago. But lenny are not the writers. I too want to see them live their lives without Sheldon but the writers see it differently or I do.

6 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

If it was up to Lenny they would have moved out ages ago. But lenny are not the writers. I too want to see them live their lives without Sheldon but the writers see it differently or I do.

I hope they do, because Penny knows they had sex, she knows he was going to propose, she knows amy would move in with Sheldon, ( actually we know that cause she told Dave she was thinking about moving as she didn't need to be near Sheldon before they got back together in that same episode, trying to keep it fair here) so he wouldn't be alone, they are only across the hall.. I don't think its good for the show to hear complaints like "There goes him living on the roof" or others comments like in the new preview. They are funny now,  but its starting to get to the point that you can't really blame Sheldon anymore. It would make more sense to me to have penny suggest different living arrangements at this point.  

Edited by EvilStewie
  • Like 1

The acknowledged reason for Leonard and Penny to live with Sheldon was to help him to overcome a very difficult period in his life. Apparently, this difficult period has passed and now it seems everything is ok. Actually, I partly agree with people saying that they will try to keep the big three alone in 4A-4B as long as they can, for example I think Amy will move in with Sheldon only after they get married. But I think that either the writers will come up in the next few episodes with a new excuse for Lenny to live in 4A (I can't think about anything even remotely plausible at this point, but I'm not a writer so...who knows?) or (and this for me is more likely) very soon they will at least sleep every night alone in 4B but they still will hang out in 4A most of the time (a little more privacy but not so much...) Up to now, it doesn't seem the living arrangements are a big concern for the writers and consequently for Lenny themselves. They have not complained about it after 9.4, the only hint is in the promo of the new episode, but even then from the taping report the "therapy session" focuses on other issues rather than that.  Anyway, very often the writers put some hints here and there when they are preparing some big change in the show, so something is going on in that front to me..My guess is that the 200th episode will be about the living arrangements both for Lenny\Sheldon and for Howardette, we will see in that episode their renovated house...

27 minutes ago, EvilStewie said:

Penny has always lived across the hall, I don't see how it limits the main three being together if Leonard moves across the hall and Amy moves in with Sheldon. I think not doing it makes Lenny just seem bitter and stuck if they keep complaining about their roommate. When they really are not. Sure Sheldon doesn't like change, but I believe he woke up in Amy's apartment IE: spent the whole night after coitus . Date night is Saturday and they soon after saw the stars wars movie together. That is a lot of time spent together, plus Sheldon preparing to propose .. It would be hard for me to keep hearing Lenny keep complain about Sheldon. 

I agree that they spent that Thursday night together, but...date night has always been Thursday night...Saturday night is laundry night for Sheldon!!!

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 4

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic