[Spoilers] Discussion Topic: Season 9

Tensor

3 minutes ago, Tensor said:

But then it can appear as if the writers are saying "Sheldon feels bad, they can't leave; Sheldon feels better, we can kick them out now."  

Yeah.. but it depends on how they do it too. I'm sure they could find a way to make it funny yet meaningful 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tensor said: But then it can appear as if the writers are saying "Sheldon feels bad, they can't leave; Sheldon feels better, we can kick them out now."  

Yeah.. but it depends on how they do it too. I'm sure they could find a way to make it funny yet meaningful 

Oh it will be funny. "Leonard. You are moving out. Amy is moving in." ☺

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

It seems that many think that Shamy getting back together and having sex changes living arrangements. It really doesn't. It can be an excuse that the writers are giving and some are buying but it's was nothing more than a stall tactic. Everyone seems to think Lenny is going to move across the hall and Amy will move with Sheldon. I can see Lenny moving across the hall but IMO Amy is going nowhere. Just because they had sex that doesn't mean that she will move in with Sheldon. It just doesn't work that way. You also have to remember that Shamy had sex at Amy's. Sheldon has no attachment to her place. On the otherhand Sheldon place  means everything. I don't think he is going to be eager to have her there at all times. also the show really doesn't change if Leonard moves. On the otherhand Amy moving in changes the show dramatically. I can't picture that happening till the series finale. I also think if I'm wrong and it does happen Amy would be in Leonard's old room. They certainly won't be sharing a bed until they are married.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

Okay, I'm ready to be slammed, but my opinions and feelings are not going to change.  Have at it!

Never any slamming with me, I hope I don't come off that way. With online discussions you can't hear tone being used to communicate, or see expressions. I'm not a good writer so its hard for me, but I never discount anybody's opinions.  

I think marriage would work very will for them actually. I mean with their agreements/ contracts they have set guidelines that work for them. That is what a marriage is really, its a contract. Not saying that is the most romantic way to look at it, but it works for them.

Edited by EvilStewie

8 minutes ago, vonmar said: I found Penny's line in the promo for the next episode very telling....

"We have this man-child living with us named Sheldon"

Not, we are living with, but living with us.  

I would love the end result being that Sheldon suggests he moves into 4B, leaving the larger apartment for Leonard & Penny.  Just because they had sex, does not mean Sheldon is ready to live with Amy. One does not have to follow the other. I know that he was going to propose, but I question the fact that he (or Amy) is ready for marriage.  Even if an engagement is in the offing, again it does not mean that they will or should set up a household together. 

Okay, I'm ready to be slammed, but my opinions and feelings are not going to change.  Have at it!

Your opinion is valid and you touched on some good points. Got your back jack. ☺

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

I would love the end result being that Sheldon suggests he moves into 4B, leaving the larger apartment for Leonard & Penny.  Just because they had sex, does not mean Sheldon is ready to live with Amy. One does not have to follow the other. I know that he was going to propose, but I question the fact that he (or Amy) is ready for marriage.  Even if an engagement is in the offing, again it does not mean that they will or should set up a household together. 

Agreed. Sheldon missed Amy when they broke up but he certainly isn't ready to see her in his place EVERYDAY. Shaving her legs in the shower and a "different" bathroom schedule. He may have made strides in their relationship but he hasn't come that far.

• Like 2

It's jmo but I don't think we will ever see lenny living alone together

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Lol. I'm done with that shit about its jmo. Say what you want to say or feel and if ppls don't like them. Fuck em. ☺

Tbh I don't think Sheldon is any more ready to live with Amy then he was three seasons ago in Spoiler Alert Segmentation. His intimacy has grown. But that does not mean imo, he is ready to live with Amy on a full time or even temporary basis. I mean Leonard has had more practice. Been 9 years still noti living with Penny. So I agree I dont think Shamy are ready for marriage quite yet.  As for living arrangements. Personally Sheldon to 4B. Lenny need a bigger apt. Being at an advanced stage of their life. I know that opposes the norm here, but jmo.

15 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Tbh I don't think Sheldon is any more ready to live with Amy then he was three seasons ago in Spoiler Alert Segmentation. His intimacy has grown. But that does not mean imo, he is ready to live with Amy on a full time or even temporary basis. I mean Leonard has had more practice. Been 9 years still noti living with Penny. So I agree I dont think Shamy are ready for marriage quite yet.  As for living arrangements. Personally Sheldon to 4B. Lenny need a bigger apt. Being at an advanced stage of their life. I know that opposes the norm here, but jmo.

It was Sheldon's apartment first, why does Sheldon need to move out, why does Lenny need a bigger apartment? Because they are married? That has nothing to do with anything.  

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:  

Never any slamming with me, I hope I don't come off that way. With online discussions you can't hear tone being used to communicate, or see expressions. I'm not a good writer so its hard for me, but I never discount anybody's opinions.  

I think marriage would work very will for them actually. I mean with their agreements/ contracts they have set guidelines that work for them. That is what a marriage is really, its a contract. Not saying that is the most romantic way to look at it, but it works for them.

Sheldon had a lot to learn before they get engaged or even married. In 9 seasons I have never seen Sheldon lift a finger to help out like all the gang do taking the takeaways to the kitchen or even going out and buying the food. Will he expect Amy to clean, cook take him everywhere he wants to go at short notice while he sits on his spot or at his desk when they are married? Yeah he is not ready.

15 minutes ago, 3ku11 said: Tbh I don't think Sheldon is any more ready to live with Amy then he was three seasons ago in Spoiler Alert Segmentation. His intimacy has grown. But that does not mean imo, he is ready to live with Amy on a full time or even temporary basis. I mean Leonard has had more practice. Been 9 years still noti living with Penny. So I agree I dont think Shamy are ready for marriage quite yet.  As for living arrangements. Personally Sheldon to 4B. Lenny need a bigger apt. Being at an advanced stage of their life. I know that opposes the norm here, but jmo.

It was Sheldon's apartment first, why does Sheldon need to move out, why does Lenny need a bigger apartment? Because they are married? That has nothing to do with anything.  

If you going to use that logic. Again so boring he lived there first. No disrespect. But Sheldon has moved out a least 3 times because he can't keep a secret and knowing Sheldon who always follow the rules would have informed the owners and tenancy could have gone to leonard. So yeah not a valid reason.

17 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Well, because they are married, that means there are two of them,  only one of Sheldon.   If Amy is going to move in, then I can see Sheldon keeping the bigger apartment, as there would be two of them also.  If Amy is not going to move in, or he is not going to try to find another roommate,  then I simply don't see why he needs 4A, over 4B.   Just as a heads up, this argument (like it has before) is usually split along ship pairings. :shy:   

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

Sheldon had a lot to learn before they get engaged or even married. In 9 seasons I have never seen Sheldon lift a finger to help out like all the gang do taking the takeaways to the kitchen or even going out and buying the food. Will he expect Amy to clean, cook take him everywhere he wants to go at short notice while he sits on his spot or at his desk when they are married? Yeah he is not ready.

He needs to get his damn drivers license and a car...yeah...so not ready. LOL.

2 hours ago, Tonstar17 said:

Yes, but he is willing to do things with/ for her that he wouldn't with anyone else. Amy does these things gladly anyway.  

"Think about it, Sheldon. I’m not a stranger, we’re intellectually compatible, I’m willing to chauffeur you around town, and your personality quirks, which others find abhorrent or rage-inducing, I find cute as a button."

I think that is still relevant as she didn't move to a better place yet.. which is a more recent piece of dialog 

Edited by EvilStewie

3 hours ago, Tonstar17 said:

I think you might have Sheldon mixed up with Howard.   Sheldon still has a lot of growing up to do.   However,  I think they have made it quite clear how much of a clean freak he is and him doing domestic things has never been an issue.  

At this point,  I could buy both him being ready for her to move in and not being ready.   I still don't understand why he would feel ready for her to move in,  but they would sleep in separate rooms.   If they can spend the night together,  yet not ready to share a room full time ,  then they aren't ready to live together.  Why would they wait until marriage to share a bed if they are already intimate?   That just doesn't make sense to me. 

I also don't see them moving Sheldon out of 4A.  I know some hate to hear it,  but he did live there first.  If Lenny want to live alone,  they should.   But Sheldon shouldn't have to move because they are making a life change, no matter how much more convenient it would be for them to live in the bigger place.  If Sheldon agrees to it,  by all means.   But he shouldn't be expected to change his personal living arrangements.  And to be fair,  I didn't like them backing out on Lenny moving out earlier in the season either.   Sheldon let Leonard go,  they should have left it that way and just showed them being supportive of Sheldon from across the hall.  They shouldn't have changed their plans because Sheldon's going through a rough time.   They could have been good friends and made a move that was right for them at the same time.  And judging from the episodes that followed,  I don't think the dynamics of the show would have changed one bit. 

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, nickelette424 said:

I know some hate to hear it,  but he did live there first.  If Lenny want to live alone,  they should.   But Sheldon shouldn't have to move because they are making a life change, no matter how much more convenient it would be for them to live in the bigger place.  If Sheldon agrees to it,  by all means.   But he shouldn't be expected to change his personal living arrangements.  

Oh I agree, if they have him say he doesn't want to move, even though it makes sense for him to have a smaller place than the two of them, the writers  shouldn't have him move .  Conversely, if they show him not accommodating Leonard and Penny by moving over to 4B, they should have Leonard and Penny move to 4B and just tell him to "go to hell"  if he asks them for anything.   Of course, the writers would never do that.  They would have Sheldon say no, and Leonard and Penny still take care of him. 

And to repeat, this argument (like it has before) is usually split along ship pairings. :shy:   

• Like 2

Its not like Lenny are going to move to nz haha. Its all equal ground at this stage in terms of entitlement. Lenny are entitled to privacy. And Sheldons entitled to independence. But its more the conditions on the lease. To who is entitled to what. Tbh thats betwen Leonard and Sheldon. 

1 hour ago, Tensor said:

Oh I agree, if they have him say he doesn't want to move, even though it makes sense for him to have a smaller place than the two of them, the writers  shouldn't have him move .  Conversely, if they show him not accommodating Leonard and Penny by moving over to 4B, they should have Leonard and Penny move to 4B and just tell him to "go to hell"  if he asks them for anything.   Of course, the writers would never do that.  They would have Sheldon say no, and Leonard and Penny still take care of him. 

And to repeat, this argument (like it has before) is usually split along ship pairings. :shy:   

I don't think they have to refuse to help him with anything every again if he refuses to move, that is just petty.  They are friends.  But, I don't think that they should stay with him if they really want to live alone either.  They definitely need to start weening him off his dependency of them, but I will still expect them to be good friends to him because they are good people.  I know there are some Lenny shippers that don't care much for Sheldon, but we have to remember that Lenny both love him.  They are never going to cut him off and not help him, completely.

• Like 9

There has been so much speculation over living arrangements for so long that I think it might be pointless to speculate but I will anyway.

As I guess I'd think they will move Amy in as I don't see Sheldon moving if he could avoid it.

That means Leonard and Penny would be in 4b saving for their future. 

Edited by djsurrey
  • Like 1

I think the living arrangements are a big problem for the writers and the producers right now, given how the story  has evolved from its premises...I mean, the permanent sets were built up at the beginning of the show, and are very particular sets; we have a single apartment (where obviously there's no room for two people) and a two bedroom apartment (which is obviously designed for two different roommates rather than for a couple) and now two couples to fit in there...So, if  whoever is in charge of signing the checks decide for not investing money in new permanent sets for a show which apparently is leading to its end, whatever solution the writers come up with,  it will require for us as fans some sort of suspension of disbelief and may not be 100% satisfactory. I think we are close to some sort of "solution", anyway. Sometimes, when the writers are thinking about some changes, they put hints in the plot or in the lines; for example, many of us in the Shamy thread were thinking that "coitus was coming" since Sheldon referred to sex (and many times on purpose...)  way more often than he used to. Now, apart Amy telling Dave that she wants to find a better place to live and the Tesla pigeon lover stuff, in the two next  episodes  Leonard and Penny  will complain about Sheldon explicitly and will want to stay away from him. So, JMO, something is going to change sooner rather than later...That could be an amazing 200th episode, it really would change the premises of the show a lot! The bad thing about it is that I don't think that (unless really they are going to change the sets) the solution they will come up with will be much more "logical" than what we have right now. Lenny were already moving in 4B before changing their plans in order to help Sheldon, so that should be the way things should go now (for me, of course) but, again, 4B is very small, so if this is the solution they will hang out in 4A pretty much as they are doing right now. Sheldon going in 4B could be another way to solve the "problem" (even if it seems to me a little OOC for Sheldon) but just for a little while; the ring is out there and we were promised  it will appear again at some point this season, so if he would switch apartments with Penny  the problem would come up again soon. Sheldon moving in with Amy will leave 4B without anyone in it, so you need to find another suitor for that place (Raj? Stuart?) and having the big 3 apart  will change the show too much (some of us may not like those three being so close but, like it or not, that's the way the show has always been...) I'm really looking forward to see how the writers will handle this problem, because it's a really tricky one...My guess is that they will change as little as they can, but...who knows?

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 9

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic