[Spoilers] Discussion Topic: Season 9

Tensor

21 minutes ago, ATOB said:

The line about him 'enjoying it more than he thought he would" could indeed indicate that what Sheldon thought was what YOU think he thought or, it could mean :-

"Well now, what d'ya know, sticking my genitals into a cocci of Atopobiumvaginae, Peptostreptococcus spp., Staphylococcus spp.,Streptococcus spp., 

Bacteroides spp., Fusobacterium spp., Gardnerella vaginalis, Mobiluncus, Prevotella spp.,Escherichia coli., Mycoplasma and Ureaplasma was much more

enjoyable than I thought it would be."

If that's what he was thinking about, I can understand why it might take several hours to achieve a rise and get anything out of it.   Perhaps that was why Amy's hair looked so bad.    He had to exert himself to get past such morbid thoughts.

What a way to kill a beautiful piece of Shamy history!  (I think I'm getting snarky.  Oh well, I guess I'll just go with it.   Seems to be rubbing off on me.)

If that's what floats your boat, have at it.   I'll stick to the version where my rainbows and unicorns like to hang out.

I'd like to think he addressed these issues before he made his decision, as part of his preparation over the years and didn't bring it with him to their private party.    Yes, he may have had some concern if his hang up would revisit him, but I think he made peace with it, or he would not have gone through with it.   I think that was the point of his conversation with PP about being overwhelmed.     Once he convinced himself Amy was the right person, he knew that he; they would be okay. 

Edited by jenafan
  • Like 9

All these long winding essay posts lol. Got a headache. Show really that deep? Thought it was just Haha. Well not so much these days. A comment on Penny though. Yeah shes aware what she signed up for. But does that mean shes not entitled to groan? Or be irritated. Or be like any sane human. Just had enough? It's reasonable. Burnout I think. Lived same Apt for nine years. Surprised she hasent gone slasher. And strangled Sheldon in his sleep lol. So to me the Thearpy Session was an healthy outlet. I dont expect things to be developed on next episode. But hopefully its given more depth in the future. Especially why Penny loves Leonard. We know why Leonard does. Hes perpetuating. And Pennys one of the guys, only girl who wanted to be part of his group, fully integrated. We know Leonard intellectually challenges Penny. But why specifically out of all the guys in the world she choose Leonard.

A girl like Penny could be with any guy she wanted. Even settled in a way, when Leonard revealed his lie. I was more bothered by Leonard lieing for two years. I mean Leonard kissing another girl diddnt bother me. Honest mistake. Drunk etc. Leonard is susceptible to attention from the oppposite sex. But it was ooc, as Leonard has shown he cant keep a secret. I mean when he cheated on Priya with Alice was it. He felt so guilty he confided in Penny. Then told Priya. Who incidentally had been banging her ex. With Penny though, the love of his life. He waited two years, to tell her. And even worked with her. That bothered me. Character Continuity. Make Leonard cheat all you want, but be reasonable about it. Just seemed like a cheap way to manufacture drama for a finalie. Sorry dont buy he was scared of losing her. If he was, he would of told her straight away in 7x02. Anyway. Just seemed like manufactured drama for a finalie, then oh tptb go, it needs resolution so Lenny can move forward. Soooo THEY then backed out of the room. And swept it under the rug. Kinda like this. 

giphy.gif

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 5

30 minutes ago, nickelette424 said:

As Molaro called it,  it was "two hours of bliss".  That's all I need to know about how those 2 hours went down. 

And Amy was showing a lot more animation, joy and happiness Skyping with Sheldon in The Sales Call episode. She is now acting happy and much less slightly annoy as she did when she was more frustrated with their relationship. That says more than just the fact that they had sex. She knows Sheldon really cares. End of story.

• Like 6

17 hours ago, wowbagger said:

-(blinks) how does offering an honest opinion preclude a person from being loyal to a friend?

-At the very least, I would expect some show of 'WTF, Leoanrd?!?' before the 'but people can make a mistake.' (and yes, before you ask me how I KNOW IT DIDN'T HAPPEN offscreen: I don't. But these are things that I, personally, need to happen ON-screen).

-(not that you'd know in that episode, where she seemed to have been necking industrial-strength Temazepam)

-I am assuming that my criterion of cheating is the same as the one they are talking about. Do you know why? Nothing in that conversation is about remorse or conflict in the act of cheating, or about the other qualities of the men who cheated. The conversation is about exes who cheated. That is all. That is why Leonard qualifies as being 'like that'.

-Because Penny was talking earlier about how Leonard was unlike her other boyfriends, true, but in the context of cheating.

-There is a difference between 'yes, Leonard made a mistake, but it was just once, he was really sorry about it, and you know he's a good guy otherwise' and 'Leonard's not a cheater, and after he cheated, he chose you'. Which is the......interesting.....route that the show went with. You may disagree and that's fine. 

-How does Amy's words in the scene disqualify her from being a loyal friend in this situation?

-Why?  The scene IS NOT about what Amy thinks of what Leonard did.  The scene is about Penny's friends helping her put things into perspective.

-I must of dreamed up her "I'm gonna kill him." & her storming to Sheldons apartment angry after she learned of what he said about her on fun with flags.

-Amy: "anybody can make a mistake in a weak moment." & "You know Leonard's not like that." clearly qualify as THAT IMO.

-Why does it have to mean either/or?  Why can't her words be refering to all of Leonard's qualities just because the conversation leans more towards her cheating ex'es?

-Amy's words that I pointed out clearly point to the former.  While Bernadette's words point towards the latter.  In other words, the conversation in essence was about both of those IMO.

5 minutes ago, meka3000 said:

The scene IS NOT about what Amy thinks of what Leonard did.  The scene is about Penny's friends helping her put things into perspective.

Your view, not mine, enjoy your view.

-Amy: "anybody can make a mistake in a weak moment." & "You know Leonard's not like that." clearly qualify as THAT IMO.

Why can't her words be refering to all of Leonard's qualities just because the conversation leans more towards her cheating ex'es?

-Amy's words that I pointed out clearly point to the former.  While Bernadette's words point towards the latter.  In other words, the conversation in essence was about both of those IMO.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Good luck at getting that overview. Could be worse. It could of been the taping of the 200th episode. At least you still have hope.

Well 200th well prob be Shamy engagement. Hopefully Lenny re do wedding, but unlikely. So your prob right. Look Iits s9. One couple is very popular. So have become almost a cashcow. Not all casuals care for Shamy, but alot do. I mean for me I like Shamy in doses. But its become to centric for my taste. I dont expect it to be Lenny centric either. I just want a better balance. I guess with four couples, 8 characters. Its really hard to accomodate for all. 25 mins a week in its 9th season. Its the writing that has changed. I mean they cant even write a ensemble show anymore. 

Edited by 3ku11

5 minutes ago, Tensor said:

Chrismo, tonight's taping is the first sweeps episode, should be broadcast on the 28th of January.  

I read on Nielsen January 28- February 3 is not reported week and the actual sweeps was February 4-March 2.

3 minutes ago, JE7 said:

LMAO!!!! We should be so lucky to get 25 minutes of show, more like 19 average this season

Those damn advertisers cutting into the show haha. Show would benefit from an hour timeslot imo. But guess they can barley put 25/mins together.

7 minutes ago, stardustmelody said:

Captured what we have of a summary thus far for this episode including all the characters in the production journal here.

It seems to me the Raj storyline is more intriguing. Is he going to cheat on Emily?

• Like 1

It's funny that my husband complained the same thing after we got out of the studio (he is a Leonard's fan by the way), he said "why did Leonard get so few lines? even Raj got to say more jokes" or "why did everyone only talk about Sheldon?", etc. 

As a Shamy fan who has a husband who identifies with Leonard, I understand why Lennies are upset about this episode. 

• Like 8

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic