[Spoilers] Discussion Topic: Season 9

Tensor

2 minutes ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

I thought we were talking about the million dollar negotiation, I was wrong, I apologise! :) 

1 minute ago, A Shamy gal said:

So did I.  I also apologise.

Apology accepted and forgiven :) 

• Like 2

To I believe the two posters who made/quoted/snickered at anything concerning estrogen/ovaries/sexuality please just apologize.  It was not appropriate, so own it and lets be done with it.

Pretty please...

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Lionne said:

Yours is not the heart or mind I care to win.

Don't get me wrong, you seem like a perfectly nice guy, like many men from the ship-that-shall-not-be-named are, and I don't want to rip your heart out and stomp on it with cleats or anything.

You might be unaware of how far things have gone with this thread, or how bitter some of the interpersonal relationships on this forum are, but it's in a terrible, ugly state. I'm calling that out, and my post reflects that, but it didn't start anything, nor will it fix anything.

People who regularly attend tapings and used to post taping reports now refuse to do so publically, or even venture into this thread. Losing the spoilers, by the way, is a pretty big deal, because the spoilers and taping reports are a huge part of what attract a lot of people to this forum. Making it so nasty that people no longer want to participate in one of the most popular elements that this forum has to offer effects the fandom a lot.

There is commentary in this thread itself, as well as all over the board in other threads, and even more off-forum, about how acrimonious and downright *frightening* this thread is to most, and the weight of that is concentrated with a handful of people and the fuel is the ship bitterness.

That is awful. I mean it, having the main discussion thread on a forum be too hostile and bitter and ugly for most people to venture into isn't good. And it's been called out and called out, but there is always an excuse for why it's justified to be an asshole and make things a horrifically nasty place for everyone else.

It's not justified. And I have no faith that the people who deserve to be punched like I have punched them are going to take a long look in the mirror and realize that they make everyone else miserable and maybe they should quit it. But maybe no one has really held up a mirror and shown what the reflection looks like.

I am holding up that mirror. You can refuse to look and concentrate on your own precious fucking feelings and how offended you are - but you are just offended by your own reflection in the looking glass. And if that reflection offends you, then the only person who can change the offense is you.

It's been clear for a long time that Emily was not really the right girl for Raj. He knew it, and he tried to break up with her, but he chickened out because she's got that weird creepy streak he's afraid of. He might have gotten over that enough for he and Emily to be in a good place with a more or less happy relationship, but Emily just isn't really the right girl for him and he's wasting her time.

I suspect that Raj knows in his heart that he and Emily are happy, and I hope he appreciates how much she has taught him and helped him mature. But I just don't think he feels what he needs to feel for her for it to be forever. Frankly, I'm not sure I buy the idea that Emily would feel this either - the show has never explored what Emily sees in Raj or if she thinks the relationship is going to lead to marriage. Unfortunately, she did seem upset he would break up with her, and overjoyed that he told her he loved her. That, and how long this relationship has lasted, keeps digging Raj in deeper; it's more likely to hurt her that much more if he breaks up with her.

Emily is clearly creepy. I don't watch enough Chuck Lorre to know that he has a lady-stalker thing which he finds hilarious, but I would not be surprised to find that happening here because Emily has been written right from the start to be a very scary ex-girlfriend type. I wish Raj had gotten out of the relationship with a new girl being the impetus for him to find the balls to end it with Emily, and I am sure that there will be some consequences to pay for him doing so. We'll see how they end up writing it, but I don't think that Raj and Emily will end quite so easily, not when he's lead her on for so long and told her that he loves her. I think there is a price he has to pay for being complacent in this relationship and wasting Emily's time and potentially breaking her heart.

But he's one of our heroes, so he'll get out of it alive....barely, if I have a read on Emily right. But I'm just glad that he's getting a storyline and we're dealing with this situation. I want Raj to find "the one," even though that'll probably be heard on the show. I think one reason that his relationship with Emily has not played out well is because it's very difficult to add a new friend to this already established ground of 7 friends who it's hard to give enough lines and screen time to. Taking the cast to 8, with Raj getting a new girlfriend, really complicates things if they want to integrate her into the cast in a way that would convince the audience to root for her and Raj together.

Your can dress your invective in whatever philosophical terms you want, it is still rude and your words venomous.

The others have a point to i won't go into chat either because it is a gathering place for a clique who has no interest in anything or anyone who does not toe the party line hell you even told me in chat once during the breakup that Shamys had to be loyal or they weren't welcome and neither is anyone else who isn't a gushing Shamy.

Yes there are rude and argumentative people in theworld but before you start throwing mirror's bat people I suggest you look into one yourself. 

I can however easily solve my issue, I can simply ignore you and move on the I never liked "mean girls" and feel no need to deal with real life ones.

So goodbye Lionne I wish I could say I would miss your comments and insights, but sadly I can't. I will still be here but to me you won't be.

Enjoy the show

Copy 2 of giphy.gif

• Like 3

I read your reply before but now the part where you mentioned the like I give to one of SRAM's posts is gone.

Anyways, first of all,  I was not taking sides here, I give my like to SRAM's post mainly for this little part of it: "You are part of the problem with the people fighting on this forum", because in this particular case, I agree that your posts were fueling the fire instead of suffocating it, but please, don't take it personal, now that you mention the disagreeements I had with Koops and other friends of yours some months ago, I don't remember clearly, but I would bet you liked one or two posts that were against mines, but I don't think you are against me just for that reason.

I know I've commited many sins as a forum member, but I'm confident none of them has been going against another forum member personally, every time I've gone against something it has been against the idea written in a given post, never against the person who wrote it.

Now, being completely honest, I respect and support your right to freely express your feelings and thoughts in your initial post, but I must say that in my opinion, it's a bit of an overreaction (and please, please, don't take this as a personal attack, it's not my intention at all). I was going to leave it like that, live and let live, until I read your reply to the Sheldon-Pee Wee comparison, because I honestly thought "Come on!, that's not offensive", that's why I intervened.  See, I understand your points and I agree that there's no excuse to be offensive, but, honestly, take a look at the forum, who are those who rutinely come and express their dislike of Sheldon/Amy/Shamy and routinely talk dismissively of Shamy shippers?, how many of them are?, two or three? is the situation that unbearable for real?, are we really unable to handle them?

And while I agree that those comments that tie all us females into a bunch of brainless-hormonal beings are highly offensive and should be unacceptable, well, then lets go first against Sheldon, who is perhaps the character that have voiced similar opinions in more ocassions than any other in the show (or, more accurately, let's go against the writers that put those words into his mouth).

Let's take the situation reversed: Let's imagine that we Shamy are the ones who watch the show every week and eagerly look for taping reports only to get episode after episode of Lenny goodness, with Sheldon barely speaking a couple lines, Amy almost dissappeared (well, this last is already happening anyways) full of gratitious shots of Penny's cleavage, the Shamy storyline forgotten and all the other characters serving as mere background. I like to think we would be gracious in those moments of despair, but, do you really think everybody would be "It's okay guys, enjoy your show, no problem, I'll just sit here and wait for my moment to come, you rock guys!, Lenny rocks!", do you think there won't be any complains from our side and everything will be nice and pretty?

With this I'm just saying I understand their anger and dissappointment, I understand where they are coming from, they feel betrayed because they didn't signed up for "The Magical and Whimsical Sheldon Cooper show (featuring Amy)", they were hooked by that other part of the show that is being so unfairly neglected right now. Again, I'm not condemning insults or attacks either, but, come on!, one or two vocal moaning posters are keeping us away of this thread and hurting our feelings so bad we feel not welcome anymore? really? What are we? delicate wallflowers that can't take any kind of backlash, no matter if we are a vast majority and when, honestly, the show is giving us a feast while leaving them all (both, the offenssive and the respectful) practically starving?

Again, I respect you if you had enough and felt the need to speak your heart out, but, seriously, do we really need not only several threads, but the entire forum to be Shamy-squeeing friendly to feel safe and free?

So Lio doesn't need me to answer, but I will anyway because I'm a busybody: I think that Lio's post was getting at the mood where (some) disgruntled shippers made slurs against other shippers whose ship was going well, or receiving focus.

If (some) Lennies are unhappy with the way the show is going, that is absolutely their prerogative and they have every right to complain about the direction the show is taking. That is very much matter for this thread, in which we discuss the content of the show.

It is, however, crossing a line to sneer at the 'exploding ovaries' or (implied) unseemly sexuality or prolific verbosity of Shamies who want to talk about the show. Nick said earlier that it isn't fair to take your frustration out on representatives of another 'ship just because they can/do go to tapings and share taping reports (which, BTW, they are not obligated to do).

Lennies are absolutely allowed to find the conversation oppressive if it centres exclusively around a ship/character they don't care about. But you know what is a productive response? Changing the topic of the conversation. You know what is not? Grumbling about the sex/sexuality/excitability of Shamies, just because they (shock horror) want to talk about the ship that they support (How dare they?!?). I think it's a false dichotomy to say that your only alternatives, if you don't like what is happening, are a faint, sweet, saintly smile or attacks on other shippers. There is a happy medium to be struck.

I get where you are coming from just as it's not okay for a shamy shipper to tell lenny if they are not happy they should leave and go form there own lenny forum like the shenny. I don't see anyone pulling the poster up on that comment or how disrespectful that comment is.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, ATOB said:

No dearie, I think you've just allowed yourself to be played (SRAM too). Somehow Lionne has managed to write that Kaley Cuoco has blue veins on her breasts because she's had a bad boob job and, because it's an "example" of the cruel things people write, she seemingly gets off scot-free. 

Perhaps you should look up, hmm?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2z8mCAP9vMU

I haven't been played at all, especially since I was the one who really initiated the conversation this morning.  Lio was just more stern and took the bull by the horns and expressed stuff we have been speaking on for a while now off the forum, and fought the good fight while I was at work.  Our point has been that there are members of this forum who are taking their frustration with what is or is not going on with their ship out on Shamy fans, just because we are the ones that go to tapings and we seem to have more active fans here.  The way they are taking out those frustrations range from going out of their way to bash the Shamy ship, the characters, the actors, the members here individually, or even as a group in a sexist way.  This morning wasn't the first time this happened.  This morning was the point where I was just done with all the whining and acting like children because the show isn't going your way.  The sad thing is, most Shamy fans actually agree with a lot their issues about their ship.  But it is more important for them to complain about the fact that we like discussing our ship.  And how dare we go to tapings and get exicted (or upset at the taping I went to) about what is happening for the ship we like and want to wax poetic about it.  I was over it.  Lio was over it.  A lot of Shamy shippers are over it.  There is a reason why there was a thread created called "The Lenny and Shamy Neutral Zone".  

So back to the Lio comment that you are misunderstanding.  After Lio spilled her rant, SRAM almost immediately did one of the things that Lio just expressed.  Instead of just saying that he is not a fan of the Sheldon character and his presence and antics have become too much, he had to just lay in some comment on his looks that was meant to be an insult (he later admitted that was what it was, that he was being rude to Jim and not Lio, as if that too is ok).  Lio, basically said, well what if someone flipped the tables on you and talked trash about Kaley and used examples from another member of another community who had said nasty things about Kaley in the past.  All you saw was the nasty things about Kaley and that Lio's name was on the post and decided to jump at the chance to get at Lio and post that she was being horrible about Kaley.  She was just attempting to turn the situation on it's head to show how upsetting it can be and how it doesn't add any substance nor help this growing, inexplicable, and largely one sided shipping war.

So, sorry dearie.  You're wrong here.

• Like 8

Well, today's read of this thread has certainly reminded me that holidays are nearly over and I'll be back doing yard duty on the school playground soon!

Thanks Rachel for the link to the taping report. It's  what I used to come to the discussion threads for. Now I just occasionally visit to build my resilience to bullshit. Sounds like an episode to look forward to. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

I guess that the show is approaching the 200th episode. the arrow is near the episode number (198)...

I wonder if it is his way of telling us we're not getting any more title hints until after 200.  I wonder if maybe the next 3 episodes really tie into each other?  Maybe parts of the title are repeated?

1 minute ago, jlove said:

I wonder if it is his way of telling us we're not getting any more title hints until after 200.  I wonder if maybe the next 3 episodes really tie into each other?  Maybe parts of the title are repeated?

A logical conclusion, we will just have to wait and see, but something is different if he hides the entire title with a nice fat sharpie

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, jlove said:

The title is covered up so well indeed! LOL! Couldn't he find his usual pencil or  didn't he want us to even try to guess? The plot thickens...

1 minute ago, mirs1 said:

The title is covered up so well indeed! LOL! Couldn't he find his usual pencil or  didn't he want us to even try to guess? The plot thickens...

We may need Some professional help with this one.... 

how-scooby-doo-works-2.jpg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Kasey said:

To I believe the two posters who made/quoted/snickered at anything concerning estrogen/ovaries/sexuality please just apologize.  It was not appropriate, so own it and lets be done with it.

Pretty please...

I do apologize for my estrogen comment though my ovary comrade and myself  didn't specifically point out a specific poster.

1 hour ago, nickelette424 said:

Yeah,  I think Lio's point flew about 10 miles over your head. And SRAM's admission that he was being rude toward Jim/Sheldon offered further proof.

Though it ironic that unlike you we didn't point out a specific poster was apparently too stupid to understand Lio's comment.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, nickelette424 said:

That's all well and good, but there was complaining before we got any information outside of the fact that meemaw was in the episode, she didn't like Amy and she spilled about the ring.  We had no word on anything else in the episode to know what else was going on with other plots, or even how the plot we knew about went down.  People couldn't be even patient to make sure what they were complaining about was actually valid to this episode.

But isn't jumping the gun either complaining or being happy about something before it airs (or we have a TR) sort of what we do here?

• Like 5

Finally got around to reading the full taping report for 9x14 'The Meemaw Materialisation'  

My first reaction upon reading the early did bits was:

5696e229472ad_ScreenShot2016-01-13at23.4

"My boy Raj finally get’s a main story line!"

After reading the further details my reactions was:

5696e245b149f_ScreenShot2016-01-13at23.4

"don't you dare young man! You keep that brown thunder in. your. pants!" URGH!

I've been shouting for a Raj storyline all season but this is not what I meant! Be careful what you wish for I guess *shrugs* 

No Raj, no! - do I think Raj will cheat? I think it is likely given how these writers like to play with cheating plots and I HATE it!

He either:

• Cheats.
  • Dumps Emily and goes with the new girl - but they made the Actress who plays Emily a regular only recently so I don't see it.
  • Tries to date both of them and fails ending up alone and perhaps learns to finally accept that he doesn't need someone else to complete his life?
  • OR this will be another 'Evette the Vet' and we never see or hear about it again!

I'm not sure that I'm ok with any of those scenarios :icon_neutral:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Carlos said:

But isn't jumping the gun either complaining or being happy about something before it airs (or we have a TR) sort of what we do here?

Good one, Carlos.  LOL!

"...But we make everyone feel awkward.   That's what we do."

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

Finally got around to reading the full taping report for 9x14 'The Meemaw Materialisation'  

My first reaction upon reading the early did bits was:

5696e229472ad_ScreenShot2016-01-13at23.4

"My boy Raj finally get’s a main story line!"

After reading the further details my reactions was:

5696e245b149f_ScreenShot2016-01-13at23.4

"don't you dare young man! You keep that brown thunder in. your. pants!" URGH!

I've been shouting for a Raj storyline all season but this is not what I meant! Be careful what you wish for I guess *shrugs* 

No Raj, no! - do I think Raj will cheat? I think it is likely given how these writers like to play with cheating plots and I HATE it!

He either:

• Cheats.
  • Dumps Emily and goes with the new girl - but they made the Actress who plays Emily a regular only recently so I don't see it.
  • Tries to date both of them and fails ending up alone and perhaps learns to finally accept that he doesn't need someone else to complete his life?
  • OR this will be another 'Evette the Vet' and we never see or hear about it again!

I'm not sure that I'm ok with any of those scenarios :icon_neutral:

Or he could break up with Emily and we get the crazy stalker exgirlfriend arc....

She could make his life miserable till he runs back to India.. Sigh I can only hope

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lionne said:

You said that Sheldon/Jim Parsons looks like Pee Wee Herman. That is an insult, and you meant it as an insulting. It's fucking rude. How would the Lenny's respond if I went on a rant about the lines on Penny's neck, which earned her the nickname "Maggot Neck" by the professional show recapper on TelevisionWithOutPity? Or the blue veins on her boobs, because she got a boob job that her body can barely handle? Everyone knows exactly how it would be and all of the man-panties that would be up in a bunch if I, or any other Shamy fan, decided to start taking aim at Penny's appearance.

Some idiot with the hots for Kaley and oatmeal for brains is going to miss the point and run off defending Kaley's boobs for 10 pages of this thread, and I can't wait for that to happen, but try to focus on the fact I'm using these insults of examples of things people find hurtful, mean, and lead to a completely pointless stream of arguments. You go on and attack Jim Parson's looks and you are just seething nastiness all over the place and opening up the door to a discussion that has no objective point in this thread, and considering that what he looks like is only a matter of your personal opinion, which clearly hundreds of women on this forum completely disagree with, as they find Jim Parsons to be hotter than hell, what's the point in doing that? Really, what the hell are you getting out of it rather than you just get to spew your personal misery and bitterness all over the place?

Inexplicably (for a forum that celebrates TBBT and it's actors) this personal attack on Kaley Cuoco is still online.  Now, I'm a big fan of motivation, let's examine Lionne's in this post.

Lionne is upset that a poster said Sheldon looked like Pee Wee Herman (which is curious in itself as the show has acknowledged that he does, C3P Wee Herman to be exact, it's canon).

Lionne would like to give this poster a taste of their own medicine. Eureka! Let's go for the character this poster lusts after. Let's say some nasty shit about what Penny looks like. Some cruel people have said the actress has a neck like a maggot, yeah, let's use that.  Also, let's use this opportunity to remind these idiots that what they're lusting after is 2 silicon bags strapped to her chest, badly! Yuk, blue veins too, yuk, ew! Let's ignore the fact that this is Kaley's body and not Penny's (Penny does not have breast implants in the show) because frankly if I can get a kick in at this beautiful successful millionaire who works opposite my crush and is also great friends with him, then I'd be a fool not to, plus I know the perfect way to get away with it.

Yes, if I say it's an "example of what people say to be hurtful" then it has to be hurtful or it's not a good example is it? Then I can stymy anyone who wants to challenge me by saying they're too stooooopid to get it, and if they do call me out on the nasty things I've just said about Kaley's body, it'll be because my clever, clever "example" just went whoosh over their big dumb heads.

Foolproof, ha!

• Like 6

1 minute ago, JE7 said:

Or he could break up with Emily and we get the crazy stalker exgirlfriend arc....

She could make his life miserable till he runs back to India.. Sigh I can only hope

Hmm, that would keep Laura Spencer in the cast I guess! 

Wait why is he running back to India? Do you not want this absolute cup cake of a man on the show anymore?!

tumblr_mqmdud6Jn01rfxexuo1_500.gif.21d1c

1 hour ago, Kennykoala said:

What is the significance of the arrow I wonder?? :) 

My guess, just for fun, is that episodes are going to be filmed out of order and 198 will be aired for the 200th. Being that the 200th is a big deal, Bill left us no way of guessing the title by using a Sharpie instead of his usual pencil.

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

Hmm, that would keep Laura Spencer in the cast I guess! 

Wait why is he running back to India? Do you not want this absolute cup cake of a man on the show anymore?!

tumblr_mqmdud6Jn01rfxexuo1_500.gif.21d1c

OK quick answer I hate Raj, he has been an ass since the beginnig

penny: he's an ass when hes drunk

Howard: hes allways an ass you just don't usually hear it

And from there his charecter evolved to a totall douche wishing Howard was dead so he could have a shot with Bernadette, the way he treated Penny in the people magazine episode to name two instances but there are many many others 

My second fondest wish for the show is that someday he gets deported

Sorry got a bit carried away,

END RANT: :girlwerewolf:

Edited by JE7
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, ATOB said:

Inexplicably (for a forum that celebrates TBBT and it's actors) this personal attack on Kaley Cuoco is still online.  Now, I'm a big fan of motivation, let's examine Lionne's in this post.

Lionne is upset that a poster said Sheldon looked like Pee Wee Herman (which is curious in itself as the show has acknowledged that he does, C3P Wee Herman to be exact, it's canon).

Lionne would like to give this poster a taste of their own medicine. Eureka! Let's go for the character this poster lusts after. Let's say some nasty shit about what Penny looks like. Some cruel people have said the actress has a neck like a maggot, yeah, let's use that.  Also, let's use this opportunity to remind these idiots that what they're lusting after is 2 silicon bags strapped to her chest, badly! Yuk, blue veins too, yuk, ew! Let's ignore the fact that this is Kaley's body and not Penny's (Penny does not have breast implants in the show) because frankly if I can get a kick in at this beautiful successful millionaire who works opposite my crush and is also great friends with him, then I'd be a fool not to, plus I know the perfect way to get away with it.

Yes, if I say it's an "example of what people say to be hurtful" then it has to be hurtful or it's not a good example is it? Then I can stymy anyone who wants to challenge me by saying they're too stooooopid to get it, and if they do call me out on the nasty things I've just said about Kaley's body, it'll be because my clever, clever "example" just went whoosh over their big dumb heads.

Foolproof, ha!

Or, it simply was what she said it was.  SRAM said things about Jim, who many here like and even "lust" over.  The comparison and has no impact if it isn't someone that SRAM lusts over and likes and isn't part of the TBBT family.   You are attempting to attribute Lio's examples to her actual feelings about Kaley, which simply isn't true and isn't the case.  But I believe you know that.  Not only that, I have a sense that is less that you didn't get her point, but that you don't want to get her point.  Chrismo suggested that I was calling you stupid.  I honestly wasn't.  I know you're not stupid.  I believe it went over your head because you purposely ducked to miss it.  

That being said, I am done with this.  I've said my peace about what has been bothering me on the forum lately.  I won't tie up the thread anymore and if anyone would like to continue the conversation, we can do it privately.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, JE7 said:

OK quick answer I hate Raj, he has been an ass since the beginnig

penny: he's an ass when hes drunk

Howard: hes allways an ass you just don't usually hear it

And from there his charecter evolved to a totall douche wishing Howard was dead so he could have a shot with Bernadette, the way he treated Penny in the people magazine episode to name two instances but there are many many others 

My second fondest wish for the show is that someday he gets deported

Sorry got a bit carried away,

END RANT: :girlwerewolf:

Wow.

2a738291ac7bbff9b9dab084b506f5ae.jpg.gif

Every character on this show is a bit of an Ass, that's kinda their gig :icon_neutral:

• Like 4

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic