The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion Topic: Season 9

I'm sorry.   I am  all  for  growth and lord knows  Sheldon has  some growing up to do.   But I just  don't buy this notion that he totally fucked up and this is all his fault.   I didn't want sunshine and rainbows,  but I don't subscribe to this notion that Sheldon needs to be completely broke down and beat down here.   Amy is not some saint that it is the perfect girlfriend and they need to settle this and come to an agreement of mutual terms,  not Amy's terms and not Sheldon's terms. 

I wanted to add, Michy's description of the episode was pretty spot on as always.  I just hate this idea that Sheldon was/is so horrible,  especially after a season where he was a pretty damn good boyfriend, in my opinion.   I feel like the guy keeps having the goal posts moved on him and unless he turns into something he's not, he's never gonna be enough. 

Yes a 1000% this.

Yes Sheldon made mistakes, and Amy has a point.

But I can't believe all the comments I am reading here (luckily there are a few who think like me) that both have a lot of growing up to do, and that the ball is not just in Sheldon's court.

I am willing to go as far as to say that Amy is the one who needs to step up!

• Like 5

Question for the taping attendees:  did they mention anything about Amy's great-uncle who didn't play by the rules?  I didn't see any mention of it in the TR, but please forgive me if it's there and I overlooked it.  The reason I ask is that it's another thing they said would be in the premiere and wasn't.  To me, it's more indication of a two-parter.  If so, they may consider the first two episodes as the premiere, even though they won't be airing on the same night.

t, I think the consensus  about the great-uncle was it a joke by Kaplan.  Wasn't meant seriously.

• Like 1

Question for the taping attendees:  did they mention anything about Amy's great-uncle who didn't play by the rules?  I didn't see any mention of it in the TR, but please forgive me if it's there and I overlooked it.  The reason I ask is that it's another thing they said would be in the premiere and wasn't.  To me, it's more indication of a two-parter.  If so, they may consider the first two episodes as the premiere, even though they won't be airing on the same night.

Nope

Michy did Lenny have wedding rings on?

Yes

• Like 6

imply that the way others enjoy or not enjoy the show are doing it wrong, as you did.

And there's absolutely NO POSSIBILITY that your interpretation might be wrong?

I find it rather humorous that you have no problem telling others how you feel about their comments, but  get so defensive and upset when someone tells you how they feel about your comments.

I usually try to stick to telling someone how I feel about their comments AS IT PERTAINS to the show itself (don't always succeed at this, I'll admit that, but I try), your last comment before this had nothing to do with what your thoughts were on mine AS IT PERTAINS to the show, but only how it pertains to how you view my comments.

t, I think the consensus  about the great-uncle was it a joke by Kaplan.  Wasn't meant seriously.

I didn't hear the context of his comment, so it's entirely possible I missed that it was a joke.  Kaplan is a strange bird, though, in a good way.

• Like 1

And there's absolutely NO POSSIBILITY that your interpretation might be wrong?

Of course their is, but you don't seem to see that possibility for yourself, so you must think there is no possibility that you could be wrong.  Your scenario may be right, it may be wrong, but I won't tell you it wrong, just based on my opinion, just out of the blue.  More importantly, why do you care how anyone else feels about this?  I don't see anyone telling you how you feel about it is wrong,  without you telling them their opinions or feelings are wrong.  But you have no problem telling everyone you don't agree with that their feelings are wrong. 

I usually try to stick to telling someone how I feel about their comments AS IT PERTAINS to the show itself (don't always succeed at this, I'll admit that, but I try), your last comment before this had nothing to do with what your thoughts were on mine AS IT PERTAINS to the show, but only how it pertains to how you view my comments.

Which comes across as you telling them the way they feel, or the way they are watching the show, or the way they see it wrong.  And before you jump up and down about how it something I see, I suggest you read over some of the post, I'm not the only one telling you this.  

I really don't care, you can jump on me all you want,  if you want to point out something factually wrong about someone's post have at it.  But I'll continue to point out where you are telling others their feelings and their opinions are wrong, with nothing more than using your opinions or you pulling the character's strings.  

• Like 3

Excuse me? End of story? Sorry I have an opinion on the subject..... He was having online sex with a woman that was NOT his girlfriend. Bernadette considered that cheating and I agree. I'm not saying Howard is a bad guy but she was hurt by him because he cheated on her sexually with another person.

And could you please tell me what having online sex is? If you want to really get technical about it, his character (which is NOT him) was having cyber sex (whatever that is) with Glucinda the troll, who was not even a woman. Clearly their characters are NOT them, or you would have to consider that a homosexual infidelity since Glucinda was a guy. Since you think you are sole possessor of the truth please enlighten me how did he sexually cheat? By making his character do it online? In the same way that he killed other characters in his quest? So besides being a cheater he's also a murderer? No because online actions have nothing to do with real life. It is online, it is a character, it is not real, OK?

• Like 2

Have you ppl just met Howard, let me introduce myself, pleased to you meet you, i hope you guess my name!!'

And could you please tell me what having online sex is? If you want to really get technical about it, his character (which is NOT him) was having cyber sex (whatever that is) with Glucinda the troll, who was not even a woman. Clearly their characters are NOT them, or you would have to consider that a homosexual infidelity since Glucinda was a guy. Since you think you are sole possessor of the truth please enlighten me how did he sexually cheat? By making his character do it online? In the same way that he killed other characters in his quest? So besides being a cheater he's also a murderer? No because online actions have nothing to do with real life. It is online, it is a character, it is not real, OK?

That's great!  Haha

Ive done it with an online character lol. Its not sex, its digital its not real.who cares. Its howard lol, but damn the are putting through the ringer by their men haha. 

You are being extremely rude and I am not going to continue having a conversation with you and being spoken to this way.

Edited by keie
  • Like 1

Thank you for the BTS items with Johnny & Kaley!  Also thank,you for your impressions of/feelings about the Leonard & Penny story line.  You and Kazzie really went above and beyond for us. Really wary about the episode, but again, your "fleshing out" things has helped.

• Like 5

Adding dramatic edge must mean they are serious about Emmys, and to increase the ratings...

Adding dramatic edge must mean they are serious about Emmys, and to increase the ratings...

Guess they really want a different kind of audience...

• Like 1

Guess they really want a different kind of audience...

hey its not all bad, gaining new is always good. And expanding the audience

Just wondering am i the only one who finds it obsurd now Lenny are married, but are not living together? They are really persistent on Leonard and Sheldon forever arent they. I can see it now on their honeymoon. Via skype, Leonard  wheres my toothbrush!! Sheldon im kinda getting busy here!! lol. Sheldon comes to the door with the  with the laptop heh. This is why they made the one night a week thing. To create the illusion Lenny living together. 

Edited by 3ku11

hey its not all bad, gaining new is always good. And expanding the audience

Not likely going to be gaining sadly.  People don't tune into a series this many years into their show just because it suddenly went from comedy to angst show.  If anything they are likely to decrease in viewers.   If they get too heavy on angst and relationships they will tire many fans who just want to tune into this show, watch it for the laughs and light-hearted stories it once had.  

Growth is painful for characters, but BBT has  focused too much on growing the same person over and over and it has gotten tedious.  Sheldon's growth has been the focus for several seasons...and it is getting a bit old.   They really need to figure out some new story telling because it is getting quite repetitive to constantly focus on his growth. Jump ahead if they must, and show he has grown and move on to other story.

• Like 6

Not likely going to be gaining sadly.  People don't tune into a series this many years into their show just because it suddenly went from comedy to angst show.  If anything they are likely to decrease in viewers.   If they get too heavy on angst and relationships they will tire many fans who just want to tune into this show, watch it for the laughs and light-hearted stories it once had.  

Growth is painful for characters, but BBT has  focused too much on growing the same person over and over and it has gotten tedious.  Sheldon's growth has been the focus for several seasons...and it is getting a bit old.   They really need to figure out some new story telling because it is getting quite repetitive to constantly focus on his growth. Jump ahead if they must, and show he has grown and move on to other story.

yeah most likely things well stall until living arrangements change. I think it would be really refreshing if Leonard moved out, and Sheldon was alone for awhile. Leonard should of moved out years ago. But i guess bbeing a sitcom and his wife lol across the hall its more convinient for storyline. 

Edited by 3ku11

Or he goes into a huddle with Leonard and they start all over again. :) Fun to speculate. But I'm looking foward to seeing if they dig further down or start to climb back up. I guess 23 more eps should tell us. Will we survive?

Edited by Nogravitasatall