[Spoilers] Discussion Topic: Season 9

Tensor

11 minutes ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

I do not see them having Bernadette having a miscarriage. That is way to much drama and sadness for this show and as someone said would be cruel especially if Melissa is really pregnant. Most sitcoms never go that route

I know only one sitcom, that had a miscarriage in it. Carrie Heffernan (played by Leah Remini) in The King of Queens had one.

8 hours ago, SRAM said:

That said, who thinks the writers are above having Bernadette miscarriage to throw more drama in?

I don't see a miscarriage. I hope TPTB won't go that way. That would be terrible.

I'm looking forward to Lenny's restaurant scenes. :icon_biggrin:

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, luminous said:

I know only one sitcom, that had a miscarriage in it. Carrie Heffernan (played by Leah Remini) in The King of Queens had one.

I know they did but said most sitcoms don't  go that route because it just to sad. And Leah wasn't Pregnant when that episode aired.  It not the kind of topic that would fit TBBT

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

.  It not the kind of topic that would fit TBBT

Many would say infidelity wasent either, with the slow slide into angsty soap opera the show has been in the last couple of seasons I am afraid I can't put anything past these writers.

At times they seem to be trying to show they can write drama, get it on thier resume before they have to look for a new gig when the show ends

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, JE7 said:

Many would say infidelity wasent either, with the slow slide into angsty soap opera the show has been in the last couple of seasons I am afraid I can't put anything past these writers.

At times they seem to be trying to show they can write drama, get it on thier resume before they have to look for a new gig when the show ends

Since when has anyone on this show committed Infidelity? 

30 minutes ago, JE7 said:

Many would say infidelity wasent either

That envelope was pushed well before season 8, back in season 5.  And infidelity being dark for this show?  Seriously?  There are so many sitcoms out there that have touched on infidelity that it's not dark at this point, so much that it's passe.

-home improvement

-drew Carey show

-the Simpsons

-fresh prince of bel air

-that 70's show

-scrubs

-hell even the TGIF lineup had boy meets world touch on it, and later its sequel series (girl meets world) on DISNEY CHANNEL would reference it.

11 minutes ago, meka3000 said:

That envelope was pushed well before season 8, back in season 5.  And infidelity being dark for this show?  Seriously?  There are so many sitcoms out there that have touched on infidelity that it's not dark at this point, so much that it's passe.

-home improvement

-drew Carey show

-the Simpsons

-fresh prince of bel air

-that 70's show

-scrubs

-hell even the TGIF lineup had boy meets world touch on it, and later its sequel series (girl meets world) on DISNEY CHANNEL would reference it.

And Roseanne :(

Dan broke my heart!!! 

• Like 1

I just wondered something: Did Bernadette  mutter that to herself or did she say it to Howard? 

50 minutes ago, JE7 said:

I tend to take your view however as far as how the show played it he did.

True. the show did play up that way. 

31 minutes ago, meka3000 said:

-home improvement

-drew Carey show

-the Simpsons

-fresh prince of bel air

-that 70's show

-scrubs

When was Infidelity  covered on the Fresh Prince? Please refresh my memory because I have seen episodes of  Fresh Princes hundreds of times and do not recall there  ever being a episode about that. 

1 hour ago, luminous said:

I don't see a miscarriage. I hope TPTB won't go that way. That would be terrible.

My gosh, where this miscarriage idea came from? I think they'll go all the way, but I have no idea about what they'll do if Melissa is actually pregnant and something happens to her.

26 minutes ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

Run that past me again?

The entire season was 'all a dream' and none of it really happened? ... it's been a long time since I saw it. 

Yes the whole last season really did not happen. It was all just a book that Roseanne was wiring. Dan actually did die at end of season 8 from a heart attack. And Darlene was actually married to Mark while Becky was actually married to rabid. They   also did not win the lottery and Dan never cheated, Also it was Jackie  who came out gay not her Mother. that was all in her book.  it been said the whole series form season 3 and onward was all in her book and season 2 was the last season that was real 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

Yes the whole last season really did not happen. It was all just a book that Roseanne was wiring. Dan actually did die at end of season 8 from a heart attack. And Darlene was actually married to Mark while Becky was actually married to rabid. They   also did not win the lottery and Dan never cheated, Also it was Jackie  who came out gay not her Mother. that was all in her book.  it been said the whole series form season 3 and onward was all in her book and season 2 was the last season that was real 

And the many connections TBBT has with Roseanne is one of the reasons I don't put anything past them

Edited by JE7
  • Like 4

27 minutes ago, JE7 said:

And the many connections TBBT has with Roseanne is one of the reasons I don't pit anything past them

Yeah, I still have not put it past them to pull a Shenny at the end of the show.   God, I hope not.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, jenafan said:

Yeah, I still have not put it past them to pull a Shenny at the end of the show.   God, I hope not.

Unfaithful Leonard. Discontented Penny. Harpie Amy. Sexualized Sheldon. Are these the ingredients needed to cook up Shenny? Perhaps the BBT writers read too much fanfiction?

Incidentally, my Meemaw was called Constance in my Shenny yarn. Yay me! (Kinda.)

• Like 2

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic