[Spoilers] Discussion Topic: Season 9

Tensor

21 minutes ago, jenafan said:

Yeah, I still have not put it past them to pull a Shenny at the end of the show.   God, I hope not.

hee! Well, if they're willing to throw all those years of development out the window, why not push the boat out a little further? An awesome polyamorous kibbutz with penny, Amy, Leonard and Sheldon. With all my apologies to the lovely shle94, that would give the 'Super PALS' moniker quite a twist.

actually, that may not be so unreasonable after all...

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

49 minutes ago, ATOB said:

Unfaithful Leonard. Discontented Penny. Harpie Amy. Sexualized Sheldon. Are these the ingredients needed to cook up Shenny? Perhaps the BBT writers read too much fanfiction?

Incidentally, my Meemaw was called Constance in my Shenny yarn. Yay me! (Kinda.)

In all honesty 8x24 played just like the  start of several Shenny fanfics

Penny could wake up next to Sheldon in the last scene of the series and everything after 1x01 was a dream the show would be over so they wouldn't have to worry about it hurting the ratings

Edited by JE7
Fics I ment fanfics :(

5 minutes ago, JE7 said:

In all honesty 8x24 played just like the  start of several Shenny fanfucs

Penny could wake up next to Sheldon in the last scene of the series and everything after 1x01 was a dream the show would be over so they wouldn't have to worry about it hurting the ratings

We just need Meemaw to come back and "lurve" Penny! "Now there's a girl for you Moonpie!"

47 minutes ago, ATOB said:

Unfaithful Leonard. Discontented Penny. Harpie Amy. Sexualized Sheldon. Are these the ingredients needed to cook up Shenny? Perhaps the BBT writers read too much fanfiction?

Incidentally, my Meemaw was called Constance in my Shenny yarn. Yay me! (Kinda.)

I didn't know you had a Shenny fic, I will have to look it up

7 minutes ago, JE7 said:

I didn't know you had a Shenny fic, I will have to look it up

It's gone. I took all my fanfics off last Summer. It wasn't a particularly 'sexy' one, in fact it was the only fic where the Sheldon motivation was accurate, the sex being an act of connection and not lust (I liked the twist with it involving Penny). It was angsty and dark. You didn't miss much, don't worry. 

48 minutes ago, SRAM said:

I would prefer Lorre just drop a piano on Sheldon in the end, and if the show goes to 12 seasons I can think of a scenario that could make it happen, contract negotiations.

I can hear it now:

Kaley: I don't care Johnny just please sign the damn papers!!!

tumblr_inline_nucnmnqquw1t5h68d_500.gif

Edited by JE7

20 minutes ago, ATOB said:

It's gone. I took all my fanfics off last Summer. It wasn't a particularly 'sexy' one, in fact it was the only fic where the Sheldon motivation was accurate, the sex being an act of connection and not lust (I liked the twist with it involving Penny). It was angsty and dark. You didn't miss much, don't worry. 

I was one of the few Shenny fics I was able to read to the end.  

Penny dissatisfied with her career decides to go Breaking Bad with her pharmaceutical job, and becomes the head drug kingpin of the greater Los Angeles area.  Leonard, resistant at first gets pulled into the seedy underbelly of the undercover pharmaceutical business and helps Penny to develop a drug that causes a total loss of inhibitions.  The drug becomes the new craze amoung the middle class who have more money who can afford it drug that is getting increasingly more expensive to Penny's delight. It is especially rampant in the university scene. The drug is causing major problems in society with people doing what they feel like with no thought of consequence.

Sheldon and Amy are resistant to taking any form of drug at first.  Penny, annoyed with their holier than thou attitude laces their tea with the drug.  Things go haywire.  Loss of inhibitions was the last step preventing Sheldon from going all "evil genius" on the world.  With Amy by his side, they set upon a plan to take over the world and rule with an iron fist.

That's all I've got.  Not sure about episode 201 though....

Edited by nibbler747

2 hours ago, ATOB said:

That would guarantee that would kill a large portion of the audience for the perpetual episodes in syndication. Loyal veiwers would remember that the investment  in Lenny and Shamy was a complete waste.

The memory of the build up to the the finale is all you have left once the show is off the air. That's what they have to protect.

Edited by BangerMain

1 minute ago, nibbler747 said:

Penny dissatisfied with her career decides to go Breaking Bad with her pharmaceutical job, and becomes the head drug kingpin of the greater Los Angeles area.  Leonard, resistant at first gets pulled into the seedy underbelly of the undercover pharmaceutical business and helps Penny to develop a drug that causes a total loss of inhibitions.  The drug becomes the new craze starting in the streets but moving to middle class with money who can afford it. It is especially rampant in the university scene. The drug is causing major problems in society with people doing what they feel like with no thought of consequence.

Sheldon and Amy are resistant to taking any form of drug at first.  Penny, annoyed with their holier than thou attitude laces their tea with the drug.  Things go haywire.  Loss of inhibitions was the last step preventing Sheldon from going all "evil genius" on the world.  With Amy by his side, they set upon a plan to take over the world and rule with an iron fist.

That's all I've got.  Not sure about episode 201 though....

Lol well thought out and logical.... And you know I am all for uninhibited Penny :fi_lone_ranger:

tumblr_lnqozw7nrN1qh51ogo1_500.gif

4 minutes ago, BangerMain said:

That would guarantee that would kill a large portion of the audience for the perpetual episodes in syndication. Loyal veiwers would remember that the investment  in Lenny and Shamy was a complete waste.

The memory of the build up to the the finale is all you have left once the show is off the air. That's what they have to protect.

Chuck Lorrie, piano..... Am I ringing any bells

3 minutes ago, JE7 said:

Lol well thought out and logical.... And you know I am all for uninhibited Penny :fi_lone_ranger:

Uninhibited Penny could be interesting.  Leonard walks into the apartment and Penny is dressed in leather with a whip, she just looks at him and says, "Leonard you have been a very bad nerd".

19 minutes ago, JE7 said:

Chuck Lorrie, piano..... Am I ringing any bells

Nobody cared about in general how those characters turned out in the end of that show.

Edited by meka3000

I hope this is not too big...

I used camelliayao Taping report and filled in some blanks. I hope that is okay… We talked about it, so she is okay with me using her Taping report.  Here is my take:

Tonight's episode is about Valentine's Day. In the beginning, the boys are having lunch at the university cafeteria where they talk about their Valentine's Day plans.

Sheldon invites the guys to watch/be in Fun with Flags Live Show, but  Leonard and Penny have reservations in a restaurant and Howard and Bernie got a new Hot Tub.  Howard says, “you know what that means…” and winks to Sheldon…

Two takes: Sheldon says dead pan… “yes I do…” and he turns to ask Raj to join them. 

Other take, Sheldon says, “No idea… Raj…”

Raj let out a sigh, and says he is going to out with Emily. The guys say something like are you still hung up on that other girl.  Raj says no, just because I can’t stop thinking of her as an angel goddess… Something.

The guys say, why don’t you just break up with Emily.  He said, “It’s not easy!  Have you guys EVER broken up with anyone?  EVER…”  The guys look around and then down.  Sheldon even shakes his head, “One time, I ordered an Uber by mistake, and I still got in.”   The guy say, why don’t you just break up with her.  Raj says he wish he could.  Sheldon says, “I wish I got out of that Uber before the beach.”

Scene in rapid succession: Raj breaks up with Emily later and she says, “You’re breaking up with me before Valentines day??”

Raj says, “Um… you’re right.  Can we talk in a few days…”

Next scene:  Raj calls girl and she turns him down because she already has a boyfriend.  Raj says, you can’t do that, I broke up with my girlfriend over you and girl says, You broke up with your girlfriend right before Valentines day? Next we see Raj at Emily’s door Raj tries to take Emily back but obviously Emily says no. So Raj is very depressed of being single again.

Sheldon and Amy are getting ready for their live episode of FWF. Valentine's Day, before the live episode begins, Sheldon says he has a gift for her, since Amy has become an important part of the show, he added Amy’s name to the show's title. The FwF Sign is covered by the blanket from the back of the couch.  Amy is very excited at first, only to find out the revised title is "Dr. Sheldon Cooper and Dr. Amy Farrah Fowler presents, Dr. Sheldon Cooper's Fun With Flags" lol. (Then Amy said something, they did this twice with two different versions), the first version I can't quite remember... Sorry. But it should be something like "I should've known better" or "You'd think I should've learned by now". The second version is "That's catchy".

After they begin the live episode, Sheldon expresses his excitement for doing this. Amy says the episode is a Valentine's Day gift to the audience and Sheldon turns to Amy, saying something like it's also a gift for Amy because clearly he doesn't have anything else planned. He says, I made that clear right. Amy kind of rolls her eyes and says yes with a  half smile.

They are about to start taking about flags when a member from the audience calls and it turns out to be Raj. Raj says he's very upset and lonely because of his break up with Emily. Sheldon points out that Raj should talk about things about flags not break up… Like when British Honduras became Belize, you didn’t see them belly aching about it. Something like that. Raj whines that he will be lonely his life and he always sabotages when things go well in his life. Then Kripke calls in and says he's lonely too. Sheldon says, “Does anyone have a FLAG question?”

Kripke says, “Yes…can I talk about my pole.”

Sheldon says, “Sure.”  (I am not clear on this part, so DON”T QUOTE ME!!)

Amy begins to comfort Raj and Sheldon is very unhappy that they're off topic. He tries several times to bring the topic back to flags and fails. Amy says to Raj that she thinks it's good to have some time alone after a break up. Raj says that's strange because Amy dated a man very soon after she broke up with Sheldon. Amy looks nervously over to Sheldon…Sheldon adds that Amy dated not just one men, but three. Kripke breaks in and says “Three guys? Damn girl! You’re giving the milk away!”

Amy gets uncomfortable with where the conversation is going and tries to cut Kripke off line by pressing buttons.  “Did that work?”

“Still here!

“How about now?”

“Nope still here…”

“How about now?

Kripke doesn’t answer and Amy gets a coy grin,”Awww, we lost Kripke.”

When she finally succeeds, Raj keeps whining and Amy says you should say something.  Sheldon says, “You know what this reminds me of… The flag from the Isle of Man.  Look at this…” Hold up flag, “You got legs sharing a pair of weird underpants.”  Amy lets out a sigh.

Amy get a big grin and say, “Hey I got an idea… Let’s find Kripke a new girlfriend from the audience. “ Sheldon seems to like this idea.  Anything to shut him up.

She speaks to the camera, “Ladies, I can attest he is kind, handsome caring man…”

Raj chimes in, “Don’t forget has rich parents…

Amy continues, “Spoiled, scientist… who would just love.  She get a call. “Oh look… we already got a caller…”

Kripke answers… and Amy slumps down and looks at Sheldon who does the same.

In the tag scene, Amy is still comforting Raj and Sheldon is very angry because his show is ruined. Amy tells Sheldon that he should show some sympathy for Raj because Sheldon himself went through similar situation when they broke up and he knows break ups are hard. 

Sheldon says fine if you want to talk about it, I'll talk about it. Sheldon looks at the camera and says, “I realize break ups are hard, but think of it like evolution.  You need to change to grow. As hard as the break up was for me, I am glad it happened. “  He turns to Amy. “Our time apart made me appreciate you and now our relationship is stronger than ever.”

The moment is cut off by Kripke, who says, “Soo… Amy… how many guys did you have sex with?”

Sheldon rolls his eyes and Amy glares at the camera and cuts him off again by saying, “I’m just hitting ALL the buttons.”

Howdette:  Three scenes:

Howard and Bernie are ready for hot tub.  Howard comes out and says I am going to check the temp.  Bernie says, don’t get it too hot. (SPOILER HERE IF YOU ANYTHING ABOUT HOT TUBS AND…well you’ll see…)

Howard says, “I only can do hot. And he opens his robe and flashes Bernie.”

Next, Howard goes to the hot tub and says, “I don’t know much about hot tubs, but should there be a rat floating in it?”  Bernie says, ‘oh god… Go get something to fish it out.”  Howard says I’ll get a colander, Bernie says, “I’ll turn off the jets.”  Howard runs back, “ I don’t know where the colanders are while Bernie says, “I can’t turn off the jets…”  They switch.

Next scene, Camera is just Howard, “Don’t think I’m saying this just because it’s Valentine’s day, but I love you… I love you so much.”

Pan camera to Bernie leaning over the pool, “Oh stuff it.”  She fishes out the “Rat” and finds out it’s a rabbit.  They put it in a towel.  Cute jokes here about Howard figuring out to care for a Rabbit. Bernie says lets name it Valentino and they cuddle it in the towel like a baby. However, the rabbit bites Howard.

Howard is searching how to check for rabies.  He finds out that if they cut off the rabbits head, they can find out.  Howard says, “We can’t cut off his head, that’s where he’s cute nose is.”  Howard says, I’ll just go to the emergency room.  Bernie calls back to him, and says, “Oh Howie, you know that’s just your hypochondria.”

Two Takes, Howard says, “No, my hypochondria was when I sat on the mute button and thought I was deaf.”

OR… “No my hypochondria was when I my leg fell asleep and I thought I had Polio.”

Howard goes in the house and Bernie says to the rabbit, in a whisper, “We’ll wait to tell him I’m pregnant till later…” End Howdette scene.. BLAM!

Lenny: They are waiting at Restaurant for the table.  Leonard says, “Bad news, its going to be an hour.”

Penny slums, “An hour, did you say something?”

Leonard says, ‘Yeah, I said okay really sarcastically.

Penny says, “well, go do something. Talk to the maître d'…”

“And say what?”

“I don’t know.. Bribe him.”

Leonard asks, “Does that work?”

Penny looks annoyed, “Are you asking if people like money?”

Leonard says, “That’s quite an attitude from the girl who thought MC^2 was a rapper.”

Penny says, “Are you sure that is the attitude you want to have on the holiday that is basically “Sex Night”

Two different takes, “NO…..” and stomps off.  2.  “No… you’re pretty, I’m stupid.”

Leonard goes to maître d' and fake drops a 20 as he is trying to butter him up.  He says, ”Oh… It looks like you dropped this…”

The guys says to the crowd, “Hey… Anyone drop this?”  A guy next to him says, sure! And pockets the money.

Leonard walks back, “I took care of it.”

Next, they are still waiting.  Penny says, “Okay, I am going to talk to him.”

Leonard says, “What are you going to do?”

“I don’t know… Flirt with him.”  Leonard grouses, “I don’t think I am comfortable with you flirting with other guys.”

Penny snaps back, “I’m still sleeping with you tonight!”

Leonard says, “Get a table by the window.”

Flirting doesn’t work because the maître d' “Glen” calls Penny Ma’am, there is nothing I can do.  Penny says, ”you don’t have to call me ma’am, we are basically the same age.”  The guy let out loud snort.

Penny says defensively, “How old are you?”

He says,”21.. How old are you?”

Penny snaps, “Shut up, GLENN!”  Grabs Leonard and heads out.

IN the car, Lenny is eating IN and Out burgers. They can’t believe how long it’s been since they have known each other.  (Lenny’s will like this scene me thinks)  Penny says, I can’t believe  you are almost 40!  Leonard jokes that she married an old man.  Penny says we are too young for this… and Leonard try to be playful and throws fries at Penny, but she just glares at him.    Penny goes through her phone to try and find something to do that will show they are young. They are going to go midnight showing of Moulin Rouge, but it was sold out. They both let out a sigh of relief that they don’t have to go. They settle on going to… I will be honest I forgot…I’m sorry.

There is a second tag scene with Sheldon and Amy on the couch.  Sheldon is having tea and Amy is having champagne.  They cling the glasses and congratulate themselves on having their first live FwF.  There is a conversation here that I can’t remember and it was pre-taped, so I only saw it once.  Something sweet about doing it again, I am sorry I forget…

Then he got interrupted by Lenny entering the apartment dressing in Valentine’s day lingerie and acting like Cupids.  They come into 4A spewing glitter and confetti around saying something like, we are young into the camera, ruining the shot.

Last tag scene, Lenny is cleaning up the glitter with Shamy glaring at them.  Penny says, “I don’t feel very young cleaning up all this..”  Leonard throws confetti at her playfully.  She glares at him and Leonard says, ‘You look tired, I’ll finish up.”  Penny drops the dust pan.

Ironically Raj and Emily's first date was on tv tonight. They really did look like a cute couple together. She gave him a chance after he screwed up the first time meeting her. Although she had some creepy moments in season 8 it seems she really did like him.  I felt bad for her on the last episode on Thursday and then he breaks up with her just before Valentine's Day . Serves Raj right that the new girl found someone else. He deserves to be alone.

2 hours ago, hazelra7 said:

Howard and Bernie are ready for hot tub.  Howard comes out and says I am going to check the temp.  Bernie says, don’t get it too hot. (SPOILER HERE IF YOU ANYTHING ABOUT HOT TUBS AND…well you’ll see…)

I'm sorry I didn't understood this piece, could you explain it better?...(btw, thanks for the report). 

30 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Ironically Raj and Emily's first date was on tv tonight. They really did look like a cute couple together. She gave him a chance after he screwed up the first time meeting her. Although she had some creepy moments in season 8 it seems she really did like him.  I felt bad for her on the last episode on Thursday and then he breaks up with her just before Valentine's Day . Serves Raj right that the new girl found someone else. He deserves to be alone.

Howard asking Bernadette to marry him was on our local channel.