The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion Topic: Season 9

21 minutes ago, jenafan said:

Yeah, I still have not put it past them to pull a Shenny at the end of the show.   God, I hope not.

hee! Well, if they're willing to throw all those years of development out the window, why not push the boat out a little further? An awesome polyamorous kibbutz with penny, Amy, Leonard and Sheldon. With all my apologies to the lovely shle94, that would give the 'Super PALS' moniker quite a twist.

actually, that may not be so unreasonable after all...

• Like 8

49 minutes ago, ATOB said:

Unfaithful Leonard. Discontented Penny. Harpie Amy. Sexualized Sheldon. Are these the ingredients needed to cook up Shenny? Perhaps the BBT writers read too much fanfiction?

Incidentally, my Meemaw was called Constance in my Shenny yarn. Yay me! (Kinda.)

In all honesty 8x24 played just like the  start of several Shenny fanfics

Penny could wake up next to Sheldon in the last scene of the series and everything after 1x01 was a dream the show would be over so they wouldn't have to worry about it hurting the ratings

Edited by JE7
Fics I ment fanfics :(
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, jenafan said:

Yeah, I still have not put it past them to pull a Shenny at the end of the show.   God, I hope not.

Yeah, that will see me out for sure. The dream kiss was bad enough.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JE7 said:

In all honesty 8x24 played just like the  start of several Shenny fanfucs

Penny could wake up next to Sheldon in the last scene of the series and everything after 1x01 was a dream the show would be over so they wouldn't have to worry about it hurting the ratings

We just need Meemaw to come back and "lurve" Penny! "Now there's a girl for you Moonpie!"

47 minutes ago, ATOB said:

Unfaithful Leonard. Discontented Penny. Harpie Amy. Sexualized Sheldon. Are these the ingredients needed to cook up Shenny? Perhaps the BBT writers read too much fanfiction?

Incidentally, my Meemaw was called Constance in my Shenny yarn. Yay me! (Kinda.)

I didn't know you had a Shenny fic, I will have to look it up

I would prefer Lorre just drop a piano on Sheldon in the end, and if the show goes to 12 seasons I can think of a scenario that could make it happen, contract negotiations.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, JE7 said:

I didn't know you had a Shenny fic, I will have to look it up

It's gone. I took all my fanfics off last Summer. It wasn't a particularly 'sexy' one, in fact it was the only fic where the Sheldon motivation was accurate, the sex being an act of connection and not lust (I liked the twist with it involving Penny). It was angsty and dark. You didn't miss much, don't worry. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, SRAM said:

I would prefer Lorre just drop a piano on Sheldon in the end, and if the show goes to 12 seasons I can think of a scenario that could make it happen, contract negotiations.

I can hear it now:

Kaley: I don't care Johnny just please sign the damn papers!!!

tumblr_inline_nucnmnqquw1t5h68d_500.gif

Edited by JE7
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, ATOB said:

It's gone. I took all my fanfics off last Summer. It wasn't a particularly 'sexy' one, in fact it was the only fic where the Sheldon motivation was accurate, the sex being an act of connection and not lust (I liked the twist with it involving Penny). It was angsty and dark. You didn't miss much, don't worry. 

I was one of the few Shenny fics I was able to read to the end.  

2 hours ago, ATOB said:

That would guarantee that would kill a large portion of the audience for the perpetual episodes in syndication. Loyal veiwers would remember that the investment  in Lenny and Shamy was a complete waste.

The memory of the build up to the the finale is all you have left once the show is off the air. That's what they have to protect.

Edited by BangerMain
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, nibbler747 said:

Penny dissatisfied with her career decides to go Breaking Bad with her pharmaceutical job, and becomes the head drug kingpin of the greater Los Angeles area.  Leonard, resistant at first gets pulled into the seedy underbelly of the undercover pharmaceutical business and helps Penny to develop a drug that causes a total loss of inhibitions.  The drug becomes the new craze starting in the streets but moving to middle class with money who can afford it. It is especially rampant in the university scene. The drug is causing major problems in society with people doing what they feel like with no thought of consequence.

Sheldon and Amy are resistant to taking any form of drug at first.  Penny, annoyed with their holier than thou attitude laces their tea with the drug.  Things go haywire.  Loss of inhibitions was the last step preventing Sheldon from going all "evil genius" on the world.  With Amy by his side, they set upon a plan to take over the world and rule with an iron fist.

That's all I've got.  Not sure about episode 201 though....

Lol well thought out and logical.... And you know I am all for uninhibited Penny :fi_lone_ranger:

tumblr_lnqozw7nrN1qh51ogo1_500.gif

4 minutes ago, BangerMain said:

That would guarantee that would kill a large portion of the audience for the perpetual episodes in syndication. Loyal veiwers would remember that the investment  in Lenny and Shamy was a complete waste.

The memory of the build up to the the finale is all you have left once the show is off the air. That's what they have to protect.

Chuck Lorrie, piano..... Am I ringing any bells

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JE7 said:

Lol well thought out and logical.... And you know I am all for uninhibited Penny :fi_lone_ranger:

Uninhibited Penny could be interesting.  Leonard walks into the apartment and Penny is dressed in leather with a whip, she just looks at him and says, "Leonard you have been a very bad nerd".

19 minutes ago, JE7 said:

Chuck Lorrie, piano..... Am I ringing any bells

Nobody cared about in general how those characters turned out in the end of that show.

Edited by meka3000

Excuse me just to clarify, WHO is in lingerie? Cause if its just Leonard again I am going be so depressed :icon_redface:

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, JE7 said:

Excuse me just to clarify, WHO is in lingerie? Cause if its just Leonard again I am going be so depressed :icon_redface:

Excellent question.

THAT?

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, SRAM said:

Excellent question.

THAT?

Both, actually.  Both Leonard and Penny. Sorry @JE7.  It was kinda of cute, actually.  They were YOLOing it.  I think they were drunk together. if you want to know the truth...

• Like 4

Whew.... Thanks hazelra7 :icon_razz:

Dang there are a lot of 7's so many cousins lol

• Like 2

Ironically Raj and Emily's first date was on tv tonight. They really did look like a cute couple together. She gave him a chance after he screwed up the first time meeting her. Although she had some creepy moments in season 8 it seems she really did like him.  I felt bad for her on the last episode on Thursday and then he breaks up with her just before Valentine's Day . Serves Raj right that the new girl found someone else. He deserves to be alone.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, hazelra7 said:

Howard and Bernie are ready for hot tub.  Howard comes out and says I am going to check the temp.  Bernie says, don’t get it too hot. (SPOILER HERE IF YOU ANYTHING ABOUT HOT TUBS AND…well you’ll see…)

I'm sorry I didn't understood this piece, could you explain it better?...(btw, thanks for the report). 

7 minutes ago, Ranger Rosa said:

I'm sorry I didn't understood this piece, could you explain it better?...(btw, thanks for the report). 

Pregnant women have to careful about hot tubs. 

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Ironically Raj and Emily's first date was on tv tonight. They really did look like a cute couple together. She gave him a chance after he screwed up the first time meeting her. Although she had some creepy moments in season 8 it seems she really did like him.  I felt bad for her on the last episode on Thursday and then he breaks up with her just before Valentine's Day . Serves Raj right that the new girl found someone else. He deserves to be alone.

Howard asking Bernadette to marry him was on our local channel.