The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion Topic: Season 9

1 hour ago, ATOB said:

Guaranteed huh? Impressive. Don't s'pose you've got tomorrow's UK Lotto numbers perchance?

Out of interest, what do you think the cheating Leonard and entitled Amy storyline is leading to? Any thoughts?

All I will counter with is that somewhere in a writer's room a long time ago, someone thought this was a good idea......

Entitled Amy?

3 hours ago, vonmar said:

Raj doesn't need softening, he's soft enough.  What he needs to do is develop a backbone.  It seemed to me that Emily was calling all the shots in their relationship and that wasn't healthy.  Give me a story arc where Raj wants Emily back, not because he is lonely and will put up with anything she throws his way, but one where he has figured out that he can be in a relationship where he can be honest with her about how he feels about the things that she does that weird him out.  If that happens, then I wouldn't be surprised that uber-creepy Emily is mostly a big act.

The bold, agreed. Raj is so flighty I'm not sure HE knows exactly what he wants...I think it has less to do with Emily. I never saw her as dominating Raj or walking over him. She's honest about the "creepy" side to her. When they watch 1000 Corpses there's a glimmer of Raj being honest with her about his feelings with the gore stuff, and Emily even says she questions her own motivations. But the second she says it turns her on, Bam! Raj pushes "play" on the DVDs player lol (not that I blame him)...Raj is willing to do whatever it takes to get a gal-wear hockey jerseys if he thinks that will make him look tougher, buy expensive gifts for a gold digger, and in the case of Emily ignore his base instincts regarding her macabre side in order to keep her. Even when he decides to break up with Emily in 8x24 because the cemetery was the last straw, he backs out.

I like Raj, I think he does add something to the ensemble and is quirky and funny in his way. I'm not sure how the writers will fix this side of him. After 9 seasons though I'm kinda done with that whiney self deprecating "what's wrong with me!" side of him. I'm really hoping the writers pull something out of their collective hats for him...

I like Emily too. I hope she sticks around.

Edited by 2L344
  • Like 6

:scratchhead:Don't think I really followed all of the last few pages here but I don't think I'll back up and give it another go.

Much prefer it when there is a new episode to talk about.

• Like 2

New Facebook post for tbbt streaming at CBS.com big picture of Sheldon and Penny small seperate picture of Leonard beneath it

CONSTANT VIGILANCE!!!!!

Edited by JE7
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tensor said:

I'm telling you, Molaro's wall is the key.  

I thought Jar Jar was the key????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nickelette424 said:

Entitled Amy?

Must have been spell check.  The only person who acts entitled is Sheldon.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BangerMain said:

No reason to start over since this show will be so expensive to produce after season 10.

That is the very reason to start over and try to squeeze another season or two out of the brand to maximise profits especially if the viewership continues to slowly decline 

I don't think anything will really change in the show untill after season 11

_20160122_222617.JPG

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ATOB said:

What IS the point of Leonard's infidelity? Why did tptb plant that particular seed of discontent if not for it to germinate and grow?

And Amy, why the recent shrewish character development?

When did Amy start becoming shrewish?

The point of Leonards moment of weakness was to exploit Penny's biggest fears, Leonard potentially leaving her for someone smarter.

THAT has always been at the core of Penny's commitment issues in regards to Leonard. When that kiss happened and she learned it was with a university colleague.  Alarm bells went off on something WORSE potentially happening. It took time, her friends, and her husband, to realize that a moment of weakness doesn't mean Leonard will do something WORSE.

They put a lid on that issue in 9x02 as far as they're concerned.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, meka3000 said:

Yeah fire the 1 non-white cast member, that wouldn't cause a backlash against the show at all. :icon_rolleyes:

Well, it might or it might not. Could you please stop acting as if you know the future, and as if what you say is the gospel? Thank you.

16 hours ago, JE7 said:

I may be wrong but I feel a bit insulted, could you clarify this statement please

Does it make it seem worse that besides Raj and Mrs. Davis the only "ethnic" charectors I can remember off the top of my head are the two Chinese extras in the cafeteria when Sheldon was learning Chinese and that was what? Season 2 I think

Well, my friend, you seem to have forgotten Mandy (lol). Besides that I can only remember the black transsexual guy that lived in 4 B, and the Chinese guy that owned the restaurant where the guys went to eat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Carlos said:

Well, it might or it might not. Could you please stop acting as if you know the future, and as if what you say is the gospel? Thank you.

I didn't say I did.  Just that in an age where society is very VERY subconscious about social justice. It's a safe bet that firing THE ONLY MINORITY MAIN CAST MEMBER would be a bad idea from a PR standpoint.

• Like 2

Raj going nowhere. Even with lack of plot, they use him a lot for one liners and pot stirring and support for others. He still has his uses.

On the ethnic character debate, unless I missed it, I can't believe we've missed the Kims - both Dennis and Joyce - and Little Lalita Gupta ( plus that other gay Indian girl who wanted to marry Raj to hide her homosexuality. As well as blink and you miss appearances by various next top models, I vaguely recall one of Penny's girlfriends being black in an episode and if we are mentioning Levar Burton, we can't leave out James Earl Jones and George Takei.

I'll pass on commenting on the paranoia/ pot stirring of Shenny finales. This stuff always fills up space during non episode hiatuses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

I have a brilliant idea for the last season...It should be all about Shamy wedding (maybe the 48 hours before the wedding and the actual ceremony) right up to the last episode ever. That one should be a flash forward of several years. We will learn that sadly Amy is dead, leaving Sheldon with a couple of loving children in flash t-shirts, who really love when  their dad tells them stories about how he met their mother, and that Penny and Leonard divorced because he turns out to be  a serial cheater, who ultimately redeems himself when he has a child with a one-night stand. Last scenes: Sheldon's children suggest him that he deeply inside has always been in love with Penny  and he goes to her holding the Nimoy's napkin...I'm sure fans all over the world will LOVE it!!! LOL!!!

1453442043946.gif

• Like 6

54 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

I have a brilliant idea for the last season...It should be all about Shamy wedding (maybe the 48 hours before the wedding and the actual ceremony) right up to the last episode ever. That one should be a flash forward of several years. We will learn that sadly Amy is dead, leaving Sheldon with a couple of loving children in flash t-shirts, who really love when  their dad tells them stories about how he met their mother, and that Penny and Leonard divorced because he turns out to be  a serial cheater, who ultimately redeems himself when he has a child with a one-night stand. Last scenes: Sheldon's children suggest him that he deeply inside has always been in love with Penny  and he goes to her holding the Nimoy's napkin...I'm sure fans all over the world will LOVE it!!! LOL!!!

"How I Met Your Mother Amy But Was Secretly In Love With My Neighbor Penny" lol

God,  that finale was so awful.   So awful that a lot of people are paranoid about every shows finale. 

Edited by nickelette424
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, mirs1 said:

giphy.gif

• Like 4

1 hour ago, mirs1 said:

ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! While 'i can't fight this feeling anymore' swells to a crescendo on the soundtrack!

• Like 6

13 hours ago, ATOB said:

The gloomy Shenny one? Really? Or do you mean the catawumpus zipper Shenny one? Now, that one I'd understand.

They must be somewhere, perhaps in draft form, because I must've uploaded them from somewhere. I wrote most on my old laptop (which died). And one on my phone I remember. Dunno though.

I think my Lenny, and particularly my Rajily were far, far naughtier myself, though my long Shamy one did have it's moments now I think about it, one bonk per chapter, LOL!

I'd like to read any of them, really :)

And yes, it is entirely possible that writers, at some point, seriously considered writing Shenny into a show, since the show has gone through many different phases and character development, and creativity is an intriguing process. And Shelnard, Howard/Raj... or Raj/Stuart LOL. But I can't imagine them writing any of that in the show at this point. We can never be sure about the series finale... but I hope that they've learned something from "How I Met Your Mother" and "Two And A Half Men".
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, nickelette424 said:

Entitled Amy?

...as in her acceptance of a 'gift' without acknowledging its 'cost' - because it was her due.

I could go pick some more from the MeeMaw episode if you like, but it's Saturday...things to do.

22 minutes ago, No Regrets said:

They could do a lot of things for shock value. I'll bet you anything if Leonard and Sheldon kissed the audience would go wild, too. So hey, who knows.

I'd tune in, that's for sure!

7 hours ago, meka3000 said:

When did Amy start becoming shrewish?

The point of Leonards moment of weakness was to exploit Penny's biggest fears, Leonard potentially leaving her for someone smarter.

THAT has always been at the core of Penny's commitment issues in regards to Leonard. When that kiss happened and she learned it was with a university colleague.  Alarm bells went off on something WORSE potentially happening. It took time, her friends, and her husband, to realize that a moment of weakness doesn't mean Leonard will do something WORSE.

They put a lid on that issue in 9x02 as far as they're concerned.

Bit busy at mo....back later. 

2 hours ago, mirs1 said:

Omg lol!!!  No the last episode will be Sheldon writing his memoirs.

in the last season he will have won his nobel prize. But as the camera pans out on him writing and he narrates what he is writing. We learn that the last season was just a dream, he never won the nobel. Amy never broke up with him, she died at the end of the season 8 finale. All that stuff wth Dave and their getting back together was him coping. Then we find out Penny actually ended up with Howard and that Leonard had married Bernadette.  But for the purpose of his book he thought it worked out better the other way.

#turntbbtintoabadfinale

42 minutes ago, rachelshamyfan said:

I'd rather see Leonard and Sheldon get together any day than the prospect of shenny 

All hail the shelnard!

Omg me too... I would rather that a million times... That would be more genuine

• Like 9