[Spoilers] Discussion Topic: Season 9

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know you are all thirsty for spoilers, But hear me out first. Ok so I didn't post or let on I was going for a number of reasons. Number ,1 I have an incredible amount of personal issues including he

Ok...I'm posting this for a friend who was there last night.  Please note, I wasn't there directly but I do understand the importance to the community of providing information so please be appreciativ

Hello!!   So I decided to do a taping report for yesterday’s episode, “The Bachelor Party Corrosion”, I know there have been some issues with the material in previous episodes but please have faith in

Posted Images

12 hours ago, wowbagger said:

I would like to see the man-for exactly the reasons you mention. I would like the show to implicitly condemn his behaviour so that Leonard is brought face to face with the uncomfortable parallels and his own unfortunate tendency to whip out the tired old Freudian excuse ('my mother ruined my life'). I actually like the parallel between Penny and Leonard in that they are both imprisoned by their childhoods and struggling to accept adulthood and consequences. Unfortunately Chuck Lorre, from my memory of the very few episodes I watched of two and a half men before I threw up, may prefer the idea of the sadsack getting his own back on the castrating shrew through the medium of nubile young ladies.

and yes please, show, can we please stop having Leonard gush quite so fulsomely about Penny's beauty? Nobody's saying that Penny's not hot, or even that you are not allowed to say so, Leonard, but understand that she is manifesting insecurity about whether that's all you see in her, and it doesn't help if you keep going on about how hot she is and how you'll never get anyone as hot and so forth ad bloody nauseam. I know you love her for other reasons, Leonard. I believe those other reasons are more important. Make sure you put them front and centre when you are praising your wife, more often. It would help to remind her that she has lots to offer besides her youth and beauty, and I suspect it would ease her transition into adulthood to know-really know- that you value the things she'll never lose.

I think you're being a little bit unfair with Leonard's dad because we haven't heard his side of the story. Based on what we actually know, we can tell that Beverly is a pretty despicable character, and that Leonard's dad borrowed the hugging machine because of how cold Beverly was with him. The other thing that we know is that Beverly has been responsible for her own orgasms since 1992 (I believe that was the year I might be wrong). I don't know if she meant to to say that her husband (Leonard's dad) was bad in the sack or that she didn't have coitus with him since 1992, and she had to take matters into her own hands.

I don't think Leonard would compare himself to his dad because their situations seem to be different. The Leonard character has always been seen to be noble. For me the kiss was an OOC invention by TPTB to parallel the situation to Shamy's breakup on 8.24.

It is not Leonard's responsibility to make Penny grow up, and if he's in love with his wife I see nothing wrong with him telling her over and over. I'm in my 50's and have been married to my wife for more than 24 years. I think she's beautiful and I tell her every chance I get. Why? Because she's beautiful to me. Yes, I'll grant you that when I tell her that I mean it to be that she's beautiful inside and out. Could it be that Leonard means that? I don't know. The show can be a little bit shallow sometimes.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, wowbagger said:

Hey, a girl can dream, right? And while I'm at it, I'd love Sheldon to be the straight man in his encounters with other people, while Leonard/Amy/Penny get to be the goofy ones! And I'd love Raj to get a proper arc too, and preferably also get smacked upside the head for being a self-deluding little twerp. And I'd love more gang all together scenes. And, and, and....

In regards to Raj, all I can say is that's there no cure for douche.

• Like 2

I hope one storyline in tonight taping is Bernadette telling Howard  she Pregnant hence 'Reaction'.

Although I do like the idea of the guys finding a Pregnancy Test in Apartment 4A and all thinking they are going to be a father. 

Edited by MTBigBangTheoryFan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Carlos said:

I think you're being a little bit unfair with Leonard's dad because we haven't heard his side of the story. Based on what we actually know, we can tell that Beverly is a pretty despicable character, and that Leonard's dad borrowed the hugging machine because of how cold Beverly was with him. The other thing that we know is that Beverly has been responsible for her own orgasms since 1992 (I believe that was the year I might be wrong). I don't know if she meant to to say that her husband (Leonard's dad) was bad in the sack or that she didn't have coitus with him since 1992, and she had to take matters into her own hands.

I don't think Leonard would compare himself to his dad because their situations seem to be different. The Leonard character has always been seen to be noble. For me the kiss was an OOC invention by TPTB to parallel the situation to Shamy's breakup on 8.24.

It is not Leonard's responsibility to make Penny grow up, and if he's in love with his wife I see nothing wrong with him telling her over and over. I'm in my 50's and have been married to my wife for more than 24 years. I think she's beautiful and I tell her every chance I get. Why? Because she's beautiful to me. Yes, I'll grant you that when I tell her that I mean it to be that she's beautiful inside and out. Could it be that Leonard means that? I don't know. The show can be a little bit shallow sometimes.

The other element to this is how absolutist one is about Leonard's infraction. ( This is why grid sentencing sucks, despite what demagogues bang on about. Or theocrats). Judgement requires finesse and circumstances alter cases. But in this instance there is a sensitive story that could be told but won't, unless Sheldon can be inserted for giggles . IMHO

• Like 6

I cannot remember the quote, word for word or the episode but I remember there was an episode where Sheldon told Penny, "Keep eating. Ive seen pictures of your mother." Which I assume was to insinuate that she was obese or overweight? Please correct me if I am wrong. :)

9 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

I think Sheldon's probably too busy, inserting himself into Amy. :icon_biggrin: 

Lucky devil. emoticon-0132-envy.gif 

Damn it Stephen I took you off ignore and you didn't last a day before you started again with your amy obsession.

Back on the list you go

Edited by JE7

5 hours ago, Esteben Feynman said:

I cannot remember the quote, word for word or the episode but I remember there was an episode where Sheldon told Penny, "Keep eating. Ive seen pictures of your mother." Which I assume was to insinuate that she was obese or overweight? Please correct me if I am wrong. :)

That is essentially correct. Of course if Penny's mother ever appears and she's not overweight, they may not even mention it (given the shows lack of concern for continuity).

I can not wait for the little Wolowitz baby! :wub:

It's bound to be the smallest baby of all time!

Howardette have been so cute for years and it's nice to see them get this wonderful moment :) 

They're the strongest couple on the show, first married, first to get a house and now first baby! I don't understand why they're not a more popular ship!

tumblr_ny8e92bQg91untisko2_540.png.7f91c

Edited by Einstein Von Brainstorm
  • Like 2

On 3.2.2016 at 8:07 AM, Chrismo said:

Kind of funny Howdette had sex in Sheldon's bed before Shamy did.

Dear writers, may I ask you a serious question?

:icon_rolleyes:

Edited by veejay
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

Any taping info?

Bernadette and Howard did it in Sheldon bed. Guys take Howard to a tiki bar. Sheldon drunk karaoke. Lenny discuss having w baby one day.

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

Any taping info?

Howdette baby announcement. Guys go to karaoke to celebrate. Girls join them. Someone else can give better details on the two main threads.

• Like 2

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic