[Spoilers] Discussion Topic: Season 9

Tensor

5 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Amy's birthday is on December 17th...come on Steven, you can't get her birthday wrong!

According to Google, The Force Awakens was released on December 17th, in the UK, but on December 18th, in the US.

That makes Amy's Birthday, December 18th.

Edited by Stephen Hawking
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

According to Google, The Force Awakens was released on December 17th, in the UK, but on December 18th, in the US.

Penny says specifically in the cold opening of 9.11 that Amy's birthday was on thursday (December 17th was on Thursday...) Her exact words were "Do you realize that Thursday is Amy's birthday?" There have been some early showings of the movie in the USA, maybe the guys went to one of them.

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 7

7 hours ago, JE7 said:

You think that's scary series finale they pull a Dallas/Newhart, Sheldon wakes from a nightmare about the last ten years and is comforted by his wife.... Penny

Or , they all wake up, to learn they've spent the last 10/11 years, playing the BBT video game, Raj's real name is Dwayne, he has no style, and massive front teeth.

:laugh:

7 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Well they can't do it physically Ic in Cannon..

They could, if the entire 10/11 years was a dream.

The real Sheldon needn't be anything remotely like his dream version, of himself.

The real Sheldon could look and act like Kurt, or Zack.

Or, maybe Sheldon, Leonard, and the rest of the gang, are just characters in Stuart's dream, and Stuart lived across the hall from, and is now married to, Penny.

10 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Or , they all wake up, to learn they've spent the last 10/11 years, playing the BBT video game, Raj's real name is Dwayne, he has no style, and massive front teeth.

:laugh:

They could, if the entire 10/11 years was a dream.

The real Sheldon needn't be anything remotely like his dream version, of himself.

The real Sheldon could look and act like Kurt, or Zack.

Or, maybe Sheldon, Leonard, and the rest of the gang, are just characters in Stuart's dream, and Stuart lived across the hall from, and is now married to, Penny.

Based on that logic. Its also LeonArd's dream lol. Tad far fetched though. All that's a dream? They would have to be pretty desperate. I think series final well be Penny giving birth. And final scene is a hot girl or guy moves in. And meets two nerds or two girl nerds. End scene.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, No Regrets said:

Same here. While I would absolutely love something Lenny related, it just doesn't sound likely. 

If they're having a Birthday party for Sheldon, maybe he'll take that opportunity to propose.

Maybe, turning 35, he decides it's time he married and settled down.

Amy being around the same age, perhaps he wants to become a father, before her eggs reach their "expiration date".

13 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Based on that logic. Its also Leonard's dream lol.

Why must it also be Leonard's dream?

28 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

That was not the position Raj, Sheldon and Leonard applied for in Season 6. Being a "junior professor" is not really a big deal, it just means that you have to teach a class (if somebody signs to attend your class, which didn't happen in Sheldon's case), but it is not  comparable financially or as a career achievement to the position of Full Professor they applied for. I think all here are talking of that kind of tenure, isn't that right?

From what I understand about the tenure process in the USA the episode had it all backwards anyway. None of the guys would be eligible for a tenure position back when they were competing about it because getting tenure is based on the strength of research and teaching. So with Sheldon changing fields he actually ended up in a tenure track position and if his research proves to be strong (idk if continuing to work on that theory with Leonard would be enough?) and he somehow gets his shit together and becomes a good teacher then he could actually end up getting tenure in a few years.

(Not that the show would necessarily care about realism here.)

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Love YOUR theory and you maybe bang on. However diddnt.Sheldon already bury Ben Affleck for the Green Lantern. Was watching s4. Howard.was like too "I.bet Ben.Afflecks sorry too" lol.

I dont think Any of the guys got Tenure. 

I think it was Dare Devil.... Which came out 13 years ago.  Another nail that Affleck drove into the DC coffin of suckitude...

PS I REALLY like how they are bring Howard in on this project of Leonard's and Sheldon's work.  Raj will probably think of some astrophysics way to prove it as well, they will do the experiment,and together ALL FOUR guys will get the NOBEL for it, which will PISS SHeldon off.  

Then Daniel Kim wakes up and its all a fantasy (St Elsewhere anyone?  Anyone???) *showing my age... oy vey

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Kathy2611 said:

The very first scene of the very last episode of the show .....

Sheldon for whatever reason is looking out the living room window, smiling.  We hear Mary calling his name from behind him and when he turns, they're not in 4A.  They're in a psych ward.  

In the background, you see other fellow patients, including Leonard, Raj, Bernadette & Amy.  We also see Dr. Howard Wolowitz (who Bernadette has a crush on) and Dr. Penny (who Leonard has a crush on) and who's last name is never known because it is so long and complicated to pronounce so the patients simply call her Dr. Penny.  

Its revealed that everything that happened throughout the series was all in Sheldon's imagination and none of it was real.

It doesn't sound bad, but no no no no No !!

It remembers me of the Phoebe theory about FRIENDS, that I didn't want to read, to not uspet me, but one of my friends told me a little about it.

Edited by CentralPerk
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Carlos said:

Again, you are wrong. For Leonard to be , as you call him, a cheater, there would need to be more than two instances. And I would venture to say 1 1/2 instances because the kiss with Mandy wasn't planned and according to the show he stopped it as soon as he realized what was happening. Even with Alice he stopped himself , even if in that case there was intent on his part. Let me ask you this in simple terms: Have you ever lied? I'm pretty sure you have. Would you characterize yourself as a liar? I highly doubt it. Have you ever been mean to someone. I'm pretty sure you have. Would you characterize yourself as an asshole? I highly doubt it. Why? In both of my previous examples you could answer me that it is because you're not usually like that, right? So even if you do something a couple of times, what determines your character is how you are most of the time. I mean we are not 2 years old and I don't think there are many absolutes when it comes to people. I would venture to say that most adults are more than just one thing, wouldn't you say?

ATOB I mostly agree with what you've been saying in your last few posts, but in this one what the hell are you and SH talking about as it relates to TBBT? Nothing I think because in Leonard's-Mandy's case there wasn't any long make out session or anything like that.

Oh, we'd moved on from TBBT and were talking in general at the point you quote. We know the boat kiss was forceful enough to chip Mandy's tooth, not much else about it though.

Penny says specifically in the cold opening of 9.11 that Amy's birthday was on thursday (December 17th was on Thursday...) Her exact words were "Do you realize that Thursday is Amy's birthday?" There have been some early showings of the movie in the USA, maybe the guys went to one of them.

The movie had 7pm showings on Thursday night.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

2 hours ago, April said:

From what I understand about the tenure process in the USA the episode had it all backwards anyway. None of the guys would be eligible for a tenure position back when they were competing about it because getting tenure is based on the strength of research and teaching. So with Sheldon changing fields he actually ended up in a tenure track position and if his research proves to be strong (idk if continuing to work on that theory with Leonard would be enough?) and he somehow gets his shit together and becomes a good teacher then he could actually end up getting tenure in a few years.

(Not that the show would necessarily care about realism here.)

I'm not very familiar with the USA tenure process either, the only thing I know for sure is that in my country it works in a completely different way. But, if I remember correctly, the three of them made the cut in the short list, so they were considered eligible by the Human Resources Committee in charge for the selection. I suspect they picked somebody else and none of them got it. Anyway, in some situations the universities may choose to enroll as Full Professors people who are very successful in their subject of studies but have slim to none abilities or experience as a teacher; that may provide them  more publicity and hence funds for  their other researches. It depends from what they are looking for. 

• Like 1

On 2/5/2016 at 2:50 PM, A.D.A. said:

Although I guess with Leonard, the idea was that he never loved Priya 100%

Did Raj ever love Emily, 100%?

Or, was he just with her, because the alternative was being alone?

4 minutes ago, 5Mississippis said:

Sheldon gets a surprise birthday party from Amy and a restraining order from AW.

Or vice-versa. :laugh: 

I know it is Batman's 50th Anniversary, but it is also Sheldon's birthday so it seems more likely that the celebration is combining kind of the two and that Amy learns about it being Batman's anniversary and thus picks that theme for his birthday party and gets the help of the guys, possibly Stuart's help, to secure Adam West to come to the party.   If the party had been at the Comic Bookstore, then I would have thought it was just celebrating that anniversary, but it is at the apartment, which says to me they are definitely doing something for Sheldon (or Lenny).  In this case Sheldon seems most likely because it is his birthday and because it does not make as much sense to throw a Batman-themed wedding party.  So I still say it is a birthday party for Sheldon that is Batman themed and can also accomplish bringing notice and celebration to the 50th anniversary.

Someone asked whether Adam posted that photo to drop a hint and my guess is no.  He often takes pictures of himself with guests and posts them and I think he wasn't really focused on what was behind him as much as posting a photo of him with a guest.   It could have been purposeful, but honestly doubt it was.

Edited by stardustmelody
  • Like 4

Agreed that is the most likely scenario. 

What bugs me is just a fee episodes ago we are shown that Penny dosent remember Leonard's birthday and now we get Amy throwing a birthday party for Sheldon. TPTB are not even trying to be subtle anymore with pushing how much "better" a couple Shamy are than the others now and as usual they have to first diminish Lenny so they can elevate Shamy.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hazelra7 said:

I think it was Dare Devil.... Which came out 13 years ago.  Another nail that Affleck drove into the DC coffin of suckitude...

PS I REALLY like how they are bring Howard in on this project of Leonard's and Sheldon's work.  Raj will probably think of some astrophysics way to prove it as well, they will do the experiment,and together ALL FOUR guys will get the NOBEL for it, which will PISS SHeldon off.  

Then Daniel Kim wakes up and its all a fantasy (St Elsewhere anyone?  Anyone???) *showing my age... oy vey

All I can say about your post is thank you, thank you, thank you for the word sucktitude . I just love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hazelra7 said:

It was Daredevil that Afleck murdered, memory wiper from MIB reference too in that one, you can lay the Death of Green Lantern at Ryan Reynolds feet (also referenced).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JE7 said:

What bugs me is just a fee episodes ago we are shown that Penny dosent remember Leonard's birthday and now we get Amy throwing a birthday party for Sheldon. TPTB are not even trying to be subtle anymore with pushing how much "better" a couple Shamy are than the others now and as usual they have to first diminish Lenny so they can elevate Shamy.

You have to have "faith" in the writers. It could easily be Penny who throws a birthday party for Sheldon, you know, she's the first one to know his birthday anyway. :icon_rolleyes: Since the writers let Penny forget her own husband's birthday, they sure can let her remember Sheldon's birthday and Amy probably just does something irrelevant in this episode.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, camelliayao said:

You have to have "faith" in the writers. It could easily be Penny who throws a birthday party for Sheldon, you know, she's the first one to know his birthday anyway. :icon_rolleyes: Since the writers let Penny forget her own husband's birthday, they sure can let her remember Sheldon's birthday and Amy probably just does something irrelevant in this episode.

Where is it written in stone that it is a Birthday party for Sheldon?! :icon_rolleyes:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JE7 said:

What a weird way to twist this. What it shows is in character with Penny (scatterbrained-blonde) in not remembering Leonards' birthday, as opposed to two anal-rententive people who not only remember the birthday but what kind of cake they've had for each birthday since they were 3. It's all in keeping with the character.

3 minutes ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

Where is it written in stone that it is a Birthday party for Sheldon?! :icon_rolleyes:

People are just guessing. We don't know anything for sure. If we can only discuss things that we are sure of, there will be like only 200 posts on this thread.

Edited by camelliayao

2 minutes ago, BigBang15 said:

What a weird way to twist this. What it shows is in character with Penny (scatterbrained-blonde) in not remembering Leonards' birthday, as opposed to two anal-rententive people who not only remember the birthday but what kind of cake they've had for each birthday since they were 3. It's all in keeping with the character.

Is this the same scatterbrained blond that remembered his birthday, when she had met him less than six months before, just from doing his horoscope?  Or the scatterbrain that has to remember all her drug materials?   Forgetting wasn't IC, it was a regressed Penny.  

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, BigBang15 said:

What it shows is that Sheldon must be the center of everything in TBBT and Lenny have been reduced to very expensive props for him

Edited by JE7
  • Like 3

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic