Jump to content

[Spoilers] Discussion Topic: Season 9


Tensor
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

But surley THEY reakize Johnny and Kaley are stars too. And without them Jim/Sheldon would be nothing? Hes the breakout star. But the audience dont just watch for Sheldon. Maybe most casuals. But guess im trying to say im sure tptb realize how popular the other characters are too. So ill be disappointed if the 200th ain't justice to the whole show not just one character. As it is looks like a bday party. Who's? Well find out.

Well, it is a Batman themed birthday party thrown in the same period Sheldon's birthday is. I'm sure it's for...Beverly!!! LOL! Anyway, even if it's something organized for Sheldon, it doesn't mean the episode is all about him and\or all about the party. Actually, since they are giving it away, I think the party will play a relatively little role in the episode.  It can be a dream sequence (in the Shamy thread somebody noticed that Amy may be dressed as Batgirl, which makes a dream the only option really...) or just  the cold open and few other scenes, the episode can be about how the gang meet AW, about how the gang organize the party and get involved with various guest stars, so many options out there. We'll discover soon.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, wowbagger said:

I think loads of us would like to see Lenny finally take the leap and move into their own place. With a roster this packed, though, and with a guest cast this-er-diverse, I really don't see how they'll have time for much but a light-hearted group thing (which would still be very nice).

Unless it's something like a dream sequence for Leonard that ends up giving him the epiphany that seriously, no seriously, they need to move out?

[lengthy fanfic-y speculation follows in order to force-fit a living arrangements discussion into this guest cast list]

Streamers, banners, the paraphernalia we saw in 4a. Sheldon goes down on one knee and asks a tremulous Amy to marry him. She squeals and says yes, and Adam West reveals that he has been ordained and can perform the wedding. Raj (remember, all fancily dressed himself) clears his throat and says 'room for another one?', and asks Leslie Winkle to marry him. She tremulously says yes, as well. Beverley moseys up to Leonard and says 'I might have a theory as to why your subconscious has presented me here at this juncture, Leonard' before Barry taps her on her shoulder and says 'Dr. Hofstadter, will you mawwy me?' and Beverley gives him a quick 'yes' before saying 'What do all of these images represent to you, Leonard?' and Leonard shakes his head despairingly. Beverley rolls her eyes at him and sails away on Kripke's arm. Wil pops up and says 'Well, if everyone's getting married....' and Leonard backs away, saying 'I already have a wife' and Wil says 'Well, why aren't you living with her, then?'

and Leonard sits bolt upright and says 'Penny, it was horrible! I had the most horrible dream!' and Penny drowsily hugs him and said 'Oh, sweetie. I told you not to have that cheese. Never mind, I'm here now' and Leonard looks at her and says 'I think it's time we moved to our own place.'

[Oh, and in the tag scene Stuart and Wil get married, and Leonard wakes up with a start. And Sheldon says 'I told you not to have that cheese.']

Your posts are far more amusing than anything the writers have come up with so far....Thanks for giving me a great :laugh: on a Monday following a super high weekend (my boys won the Super Bowl!).  

I do agree very much that this episode is likely just a group thing and Sheldon's birthday party is just a way to have all the group in one place, stick to one set location if possible and keep it simple.   That way they can just spend more time on people interactions during the party and that alone is enough to choreograph with 13 stars (seven regulars and six guests) all trying to get air time in 18 minutes.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, stardustmelody said:

Your posts are far more amusing than anything the writers have come up with so far....Thanks for giving me a great :laugh: on a Monday following a super high weekend (my boys won the Super Bowl!).  

I do agree very much that this episode is likely just a group thing and Sheldon's birthday party is just a way to have all the group in one place, stick to one set location if possible and keep it simple.   That way they can just spend more time on people interactions during the party and that alone is enough to choreograph with 13 stars (seven regulars and six guests) all trying to get air time in 18 minutes.

They will need to choreograph around a central focus, care to guess what/who that will be?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok here is a recap of everything that we have so far, jump in if I've missed anything :)

56b90401a5c04_ScreenShot2016-02-08at18.1

L-R That's Leslie Winkle, Stuart, Adam West (on the couch) Howard, Bernadette, Kripke, Will Wheaton, Beverly Hofstadter, Penny and Leonard.

The Banner at the back and some of the balloons say "Happy Birthday"

Everyone appears to be wearing Formal dress, Amy's hair is done, Barry's hair is slicked (is Leonard wearing a Grey Suit at the top right there? I can't tell) I can see Penny's shoulders so a halter neck top or dress?:

56b904c30d2f6_ScreenShot2016-02-08at21.056b904ca97574_ScreenShot2016-02-08at20.5

 

This episode airs the week of Sheldon's birthday so it's a safe bet that this is his birthday party ... BUT why are they giving all of this away?! Is it a Red Herring and the party is one tiny little scene? 

WHAT IS HAPPENING?!  :scratchhead:

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But surley THEY reakize Johnny and Kaley are stars too. And without them Jim/Sheldon would be nothing? Hes the breakout star. But the audience dont just watch for Sheldon. Maybe most casuals. But guess im trying to say im sure tptb realize how popular the other characters are too. So ill be disappointed if the 200th ain't justice to the whole show not just one character. As it is looks like a bday party. Who's? Well find out.

Prepare yourself my friend, might I suggest stocking up on alcohol

Already have. Do you think I've got enough? Worried might run out. 😕

e3fd4deb8642941e279e3e19b36f045c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

Ok here is a recap of everything that we have so far, jump in if I've missed anything :)

56b90401a5c04_ScreenShot2016-02-08at18.1

L-R That's Leslie Winkle, Stuart, Adam West (on the couch) Howard, Bernadette, Kripke, Will Wheaton, Beverly Hofstadter, Penny and Leonard.

The Banner at the back and some of the balloons say "Happy Birthday"

Everyone appears to be wearing Formal dress, Amy's hair is done, Barry's hair is slicked (is Leonard wearing a Grey Suit at the top right there? I can't tell) I can see Penny's shoulders so a halter neck top or dress?:

56b904c30d2f6_ScreenShot2016-02-08at21.056b904ca97574_ScreenShot2016-02-08at20.5

 

This episode airs the week of Sheldon's birthday so it's a safe bet that this is his birthday party ... BUT why are they giving all of this away?! Is it a Red Herring and the party is one tiny little scene? 

WHAT IS HAPPENING?!  :scratchhead:

Well they gave away the coitus stuff weeks in advance of the episode.   It became the highest rated episode of the season.  My guess is they have a lot of press there today as well and we will start to see articles drivel out soon.   This is all part of their marketing .... reveal a lot and draw the audience in.   Somehow they managed to make it work last time and they probably are going to do it again.   I don't think it is a red herring at all, but just good marketing on their side.  It worked last time and if the story is at all compelling (something big must be going to happen at the party), then they will go that route again.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still think this is a big set up for Lenny to move out. The fact remains Sheldon does not like celebrating his birthday. Bring in Adam West and everybody and that will soften the blow when Leonard "officially moves across the hall."

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Chrismo said:

I still think this is a big set up for Lenny to move out. The fact remains Sheldon does not like celebrating his birthday. Bring in Adam West and everybody and that will soften the blow when Leonard "officially moves across the hall."

We all hope so....

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly don't think the writers' goal was to make it a Sheldon-centric episode.

They probably just wanted to gather as many guest stars as possible , even Leslie who we haven't seen for 5,5 years, since she was an important part of the earlier seasons, and looked for an excuse to do that, to do a tribute to the show...

also they probably wanted to give small plots to each of the 7 main characters (not like in some of S9 episodes where Amy or Raj got like 1 line). Obviously the easiest or probably the only way to do that was to have some big event to gather everyone under the same roof.

It's not their fault the date of the 200th episode is close to sheldon's birthday!

End of Febraury is not close to any big holiday, any SW event, and for all we know every other character's bday is on different month? (I'm not sure about Howard and Betnadette though?)

 

 

Edited by brilliantfool
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, stardustmelody said:

Well given Sheldon's was mentioned a year ago in the Feb 26 aired episode (this one airs Feb 25....so a day difference)....it will be Sheldon's birthday.  They have never talked about any other character having a birthday in February.   So be prepared, it will be his birthday.   I warned everyone that with six guests and seven cast members, there won't likely be a lot of airtime for an 18 minute show for any characters.   But I do think they will try to balance it as best as possible given the short amount of time they have since it is a 200th episode.

Sheldon seems to be the only character that would pull all these characters together for a celebration except for Leslie!

If it was a Batman's Birthday party I don't know why Beverly would be there? 

The people who wanted to see tension between Leslie and Amy/Penny/Bernie might get their wish though! :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, stardustmelody said:

Well they gave away the coitus stuff weeks in advance of the episode.   It became the highest rated episode of the season.  My guess is they have a lot of press there today as well and we will start to see articles drivel out soon.   This is all part of their marketing .... reveal a lot and draw the audience in.   Somehow they managed to make it work last time and they probably are going to do it again.   I don't think it is a red herring at all, but just good marketing on their side.  It worked last time and if the story is at all compelling (something big must be going to happen at the party), then they will go that route again.

I guess :)

I forgot that we also know the comic book store set was being put up. Stuart has Adam West at the store for a signing and they somehow convince him to come to a party at 4a? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, brilliantfool said:

I honestly don't think the writers' goal was to make it a Sheldon-centric episode.

They probably just wanted to gather as many guest stars as possible , even Leslie who we haven't seen for 5,5 years, since she was an important part of the earlier season, and looked for an excuse to do that, to do a tribute to the show...

also they probably wanted to give small plots to each of the 7 main characters (not like in some of S9 episodes where Amy or Raj got like 1 line). Obviously the easiest or probably the only way to do that was to have some big event to gather everyone under the same roof.

It's not their fault the date of the 200th episode is close to sheldon's birthday!

End of Febraury is not close to any big holiday, any SW event, and for all we know every other charscter's bday is on different month? (I'm not sure about Howard and Betnadette though?)

 

 

Not only that but Leslie hates Sheldon. Why would she go to his birthday? And Beverly fly in for Sheldon's birthday Party? I'm sorry O don't buy it. There's going to be more to this story.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, brilliantfool said:

I honestly don't think the writers' goal was to make it a Sheldon-centric episode.

They probably just wanted to gather as many guest stars as possible , even Leslie who we haven't seen for 5,5 years, since she was an important part of the earlier season, and looked for an excuse to do that, to do a tribute to the show...

also they probably wanted to give small plots to each of the 7 main characters (not like in some of S9 episodes where Amy or Raj got like 1 line). Obviously the easiest or probably the only way to do that was to have some big event to gather everyone under the same roof.

It's not their fault the date of the 200th episode is close to sheldon's birthday!

End of Febraury is not close to any big holiday, any SW event, and for all we know every other charscter's bday is on different month? (I'm not sure about Howard and Betnadette though?)

 

 

Well it kinda is if they use the 200th to celebrate Sheldons bday lol.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, brilliantfool said:

I honestly don't think the writers' goal was to make it a Sheldon-centric episode.

They probably just wanted to gather as many guest stars as possible , even Leslie who we haven't seen for 5,5 years, since she was an important part of the earlier season, and looked for an excuse to do that, to do a tribute to the show...

also they probably wanted to give small plots to each of the 7 main characters (not like in some of S9 episodes where Amy or Raj got like 1 line). Obviously the easiest or probably the only way to do that was to have some big event to gather everyone under the same roof.

It's not their fault the date of the 200th episode is close to sheldon's birthday!

End of Febraury is not close to any big holiday, any SW event, and for all we know every other charscter's bday is on different month? (I'm not sure about Howard and Betnadette though?)

 

 

Well, it's their fault technically; for 8 Seasons Sheldon was supposed to be a Taurus (so to be born in late April/May) and suddenly he became a Pisces last season. Did they know last year that the 200th was going to be aired in late february? Is it all a conspiracy? LOL!!!

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Chrismo said:

Not only that but Leslie hates Sheldon. Why would she go to his birthday? And Beverly fly in for Sheldon's birthday Party? I'm sorry O don't buy it. There's going to be more to this story.

Agree. Sheldon doesent like surprise bday parties anyway. And why would Leslie show up? To get a dumbass comment in lol? Has to be more to it. Hopefully Lenny move out.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It could be that Amy throws the birthday party for him, knowing he hates birthday parties so she gets Batman which wins Sheldon over to the party.  Bev talks down to both her son and his wife about needing Sheldon, which pushes them to move now.  They tell Sheldon, who is still amazed at what Amy did, so she gets asked to move in.  Those would all be big.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly don't think the writers' goal was to make it a Sheldon-centric episode.

They probably just wanted to gather as many guest stars as possible , even Leslie who we haven't seen for 5,5 years, since she was an important part of the earlier season, and looked for an excuse to do that, to do a tribute to the show...

also they probably wanted to give small plots to each of the 7 main characters (not like in some of S9 episodes where Amy or Raj got like 1 line). Obviously the easiest or probably the only way to do that was to have some big event to gather everyone under the same roof.

It's not their fault the date of the 200th episode is close to sheldon's birthday!

End of Febraury is not close to any big holiday, any SW event, and for all we know every other charscter's bday is on different month? (I'm not sure about Howard and Betnadette though?)

 

 

Not only that but Leslie hates Sheldon. Why would she go to his birthday? And Beverly fly in for Sheldon's birthday Party? I'm sorry O don't buy it. There's going to be more to this story.

Of course it's makes sense for bev to fly in for allegedly Sheldon birthday and not to see her son to congratulate him on his recent marriage. And of course all of a sudden Leslie and Sheldon are now best buds. We are talking about tptb here. Get with the flow. ☺

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Not only that but Leslie hates Sheldon. Why would she go to his birthday? And Beverly fly in for Sheldon's birthday Party? I'm sorry O don't buy it. There's going to be more to this story.

My point wasn't that there isn't  more to it, I just don't agree with many people's presumption that the writers ONLY care about Sheldon, that they were like 'hmmm, what could we do for the 200th episode... Oh we know! We will dedicate it to Sheldon, cause omg he is our #1, he's the only thing we care in the show, screw all other characters, we will dedicate 20 minutes only to Sheldon"

I mean, if they really wanted to dedicate the episode to Sheldon/Shamy, they could go with smth like 9x11, just give a big story to Shamy and not give any other characters any decent screentime. But i don't believe it's gonna happen.. I might be prove wrong though after TR, but i honestly don't believe it.

7 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Well, it's their fault technically; for 8 Seasons Sheldon was supposed to be a Taurus (so to be born in late April/May) and suddenly he became a Pisces last season. Did they know last year that the 200th was going to be aired in late february? Is it all a conspiracy? LOL!!!

You know that thought did cross my mind, but i honestly don't believe in that level of conspiracy haha. Who knows though haha. But generally I don't believe they've planned the 200th episode more than a year ahead.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly don't think the writers' goal was to make it a Sheldon-centric episode. They probably just wanted to gather as many guest stars as possible , even Leslie who we haven't seen for 5,5 years, since she was an important part of the earlier season, and looked for an excuse to do that, to do a tribute to the show...

also they probably wanted to give small plots to each of the 7 main characters (not like in some of S9 episodes where Amy or Raj got like 1 line). Obviously the easiest or probably the only way to do that was to have some big event to gather everyone under the same roof.

It's not their fault the date of the 200th episode is close to sheldon's birthday!

End of Febraury is not close to any big holiday, any SW event, and for all we know every other charscter's bday is on different month? (I'm not sure about Howard and Betnadette though?)

 

 

Not only that but Leslie hates Sheldon. Why would she go to his birthday? And Beverly fly in for Sheldon's birthday Party? I'm sorry O don't buy it. There's going to be more to this story.

Of course it's makes sense for bev to fly in for allegedly Sheldon birthday and not to see her son to congratulate him on his recent marriage. And of course all of a sudden Leslie and Sheldon are now best buds. We are talking about tptb here. Get with the flow. ☺

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, for all we know this really might just be the cold open and it's all just a dream by Sheldon which would explain the combination of guest stars who also may just be there for a cameo or something. And then the rest of the episode revolves around something else for the most part.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, brilliantfool said:

My point wasn't that there isn't  more to it, I just don't agree with many people's presumption that the writers ONLY care about Sheldon, that they were like 'hmmm, what could we do for the 200th episode... Oh we know! We will dedicate it to Sheldon, cause omg he is our #1, he's the only thing we care in the show, screw all other characters, we will dedicate 20 minutes only to Sheldon"

I mean, if they really wanted to dedicate the episode to Sheldon/Shamy, they could go with smth like 9x11, just give a big story to Shamy and not give any other characters any decent screentime. But i don't believe it's gonna happen.. I might be prove wrong though after TR, but i honestly don't believe it.

You know that thought did cross my mind, but i honestly don't believe in that level of conspiracy haha. Who knows though haha. But generally I don't believe they've planned the 200th episode more than a year ahead.

But they have only dedicated s9 to Sheldon. Have you Been watching? Its been Sheldon Coopers Adventures and his Friends. So why would 200th be any different.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Agree. Sheldon doesent like surprise bday parties anyway. And why would Leslie show up? To get a dumbass comment in lol? Has to be more to it. Hopefully Lenny move out.

Maybe Leslie is Kripke's date! Sarah hasn't been on since the finale of a season 3, I think. Strange for her to show up after all this time.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And i definitely don't think Beverly flew in for Sheldon's birthday.

She might favor Sheldon over Leonard (which i said many times how much i hate this, i think her attitude towards Leonard is outrageous, even if i too favor Sheldon over Leonard big time, i think such attitude from her as a mother  is unacceptable), but she doesn't have respect for birthdays in general, doesn't make sense for her to fly in for Sheldon's birthday suddenly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.