Jump to content

[Spoilers] Discussion Topic: Season 9


Recommended Posts

42 minutes ago, JE7 said:

Yes the show had to change but it did not have to stop being funny. TPTB made a concious decision to become relationship driven and that led to all the angst and drama. The charecters could have grown, married, changed jobs all while being a comedy and without the drama. It's not change that's the problem it's the change they have chosen to make, a change away from comedy and into drama. It changed the show not just the charecters and moved away from its roots into completely diffrent territory and in my opinion not for the better.

There could have been change to keep us interested with out totally deconstructing the show and rebuilding it as a DRAMAdy.

Again my opinion and I know many disagree but the heart feels what the heart feels :shy:

I agree with your opinion.  The Positive-Negative (karaoke) episode is the first group episode of season 9 (unless you include the Vegas party bus, which I don't).  It took 16 episodes to finally get one where the "conflict" of the episode is resolved within the episode, rather than dwelling on unresolved drama that could potentially last the entire season.  

I understand the need for change and growth and that some conflict and perhaps drama of a few episodes might be necessary.  However, the amount of unanswered questions and vague innuendos stretching almost an entire season without any progress or resolution can be just as draining to endure, and turn off viewers rather than bring them in.  I personally waited until the summer to catch up on Season 8 because of how slow everything was dragged out.  I almost did that with season 9 when the drama didn't end after the first 3-5 episodes.  About the only thing that kept me hanging on was knowing the 200th was coming this season.

Edited by Touche
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know you are all thirsty for spoilers, But hear me out first. Ok so I didn't post or let on I was going for a number of reasons. Number ,1 I have an incredible amount of personal issues including he

Ok...I'm posting this for a friend who was there last night.  Please note, I wasn't there directly but I do understand the importance to the community of providing information so please be appreciativ

Hello!!   So I decided to do a taping report for yesterday’s episode, “The Bachelor Party Corrosion”, I know there have been some issues with the material in previous episodes but please have faith in

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, 2L344 said:

I still laugh and enjoy the show, but I ain't gonna lie--the bold part. As a Shamy shipper season 9 has me walking on proverbial egg shells as I view the episodes now. 9 episodes of angst has me now watching episodes with Shamy in it with suspicion, when I didn't really do that before. Are we past that long break up drama, or will this be another episode of revisiting it in some form? Ugh...

things seem to be improving if the TR's are accurate (and I have no reason to doubt that they are), and I'm hopeful for some of the old fun TBBT is famous for. I still love the show, but season 9 HAS changed how I view it now and I wish it hadn't...

You're understanding how Lennys are feeling (oh sorry, some Lennys, so other members don't think I'm talking for all of them).  After you get a kick in the gut over and over, you start to expect the kick in the gut. even if it doesn't always come.    

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To me, it seems like they are only doing 10 season then they're out. I feel this way because, yes, season 9 is dragging on a bit slow. There isn't many varying plot lines, at least through the first half. It seems like they are saving the huge milestones for the last season, which is fine with me as long as everything is wrapped up in a nice big boson. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember Lenny didn't reconcile for two full seasons lol. Imagine if Shamy were over that long. I guess Lenny were better friend's then Shamy were. When they were friends for that two year period s3-s5.  Seeing Amy was brought in.primarily by Howard and Raj. For a gf for Sheldon.  Where as Leonard and Penny meet organically I guess. And had a friendship for two seasons. Of course Shamy were friends too. Don't tear me a new one lol. Im just saying how the foundations are very different. But of course with s10 maybe last. Shamy were only going to be broken up a few eps.

Edited by 3ku11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I luv ya PopTart but I have to disagre. Your right life is messy which is why when I get a break from the mess I want to be entertained. Make me laugh give me 20 minutes of fun, that's all I ask TBBT isn't real life its a short escape from it angst, relationship drama etc.. Are all around us in the real world why would I want to weigh down my fantasy world with them to?

The answer is I don't, which is why my love for the show is fading it is no fun to escape into a world filled with the same problems I see every day because that's no escape at all

Well apparently the only way to keep Lenny happy and drama free is to keep them barefoot and in the kitchen. 

Hmm...maybe a pregnancy will develop also

So true the only time Lenny are drama free lately are when they are stood in the kitchen doing fuck all. Sad but true. It kills me inside when one of the writers admits that he loves writing angst lenny because apparently it's funny. Not when it's stuck on repeat... On that note. I wonder if we will ever get any Leonard growth or even showing penny proud of Leonard in any capacity like he is of her. @wishfulthinking

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

I remember Lenny didn't reconcile for two full seasons lol. Imagine if Shamy were over that long. I guess Lenny were better friend's then Shamy were. Seeing Amy was brought in.primarily by Howard and Raj. For a gf for Sheldon.  Where as Leonard and Penny meet organically I guess. And had a friendship for two seasons. Of course Shamy were friends too. Im just saying how the foundations are very different. But of course with s10 maybe last. Shamy were only going to be broken up a few eps.

Actually, as a Shamy fan, I wanted the drama to end sooner so they could get back to being friends like Lenny.  After the Thanksgiving episode, I expected reconciliation as an episode 200 or season 9 finale because I wanted them to talk and resolve differences before reconciling (although I never wanted that to be a reason to delay Lenny moving in together).  When reconciliation got rushed along with Amy's birthday gift, I was pleasantly surprised, but also thoroughly confused, especially since the breakup is rehashed with the Mee-Maw and Valentine's Day episodes.  

Now post Valentine's Day, things look good, but late Season 8 looked good too (Prom, Christmas, Colonization, Fort Cozy) before everything went to hell, so that is why some of us are still on eggshells because it is still so fragile.  For me, proposal could be season 10, as long as there is no drama.  I would also love to see Lenny get a renewal wedding.  It was odd to me that the writers cared more about Leonard's bachelor party than a post wedding reception with the group.  If nothing else than living arrangements happen in episode 200, I will be happy. 

Edited by Touche
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

Hey peeps!

Anyone with a Twitter we're sending thank you messages to the cast and crew to celebrate the 200th taping tonight using the hashtag: #tbbt200

Let's say thank you to the show for all the hard work that went into making 200 episodes of the show that we all love and let's get it trending! :) 

I have tweeter but for the hashtag  to be truthful (at least in my case) it should be #tbbt150 since I can, in all  honesty, only thank them for about 150 episodes.

Edited by Carlos
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JE7 said:

I luv ya PopTart but I have to disagre. Your right life is messy which is why when I get a break from the mess I want to be entertained. Make me laugh give me 20 minutes of fun, that's all I ask TBBT isn't real life its a short escape from it angst, relationship drama etc.. Are all around us in the real world why would I want to weigh down my fantasy world with them to?

The answer is I don't, which is why my love for the show is fading it is no fun to escape into a world filled with the same problems I see every day because that's no escape at all

Poor Baby! Let's hug and make up. 

images Hugs.jpg

penny-and-leonard Baby is sad.jpg

Edited by Strawberry PopTart Fan
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Touche said:

Actually, as a Shamy fan, I wanted the drama to end sooner so they could get back to being friends like Lenny.  After the Thanksgiving episode, I expected reconciliation as an episode 200 or season 9 finale because I wanted them to talk and resolve differences before reconciling (although I never wanted that to be a reason to delay Lenny moving in together).  When reconciliation got rushed along with Amy's birthday gift, I was pleasantly surprised, but also thoroughly confused, especially since the breakup is rehashed with the Mee-Maw and Valentine's Day episodes.  

Now post Valentine's Day, things look good, but late Season 8 looked good too (Prom, Colonization, Fort Cozy) before everything went to hell, so that is why some of us are still on eggshells because it is still so fragile.  For me, proposal could be season 10, as long as there is no drama.  I would also love to see Lenny get a renewal wedding.  It was odd to me that the writers cared more about Leonard's bachelor party than a post wedding reception with the group.  If nothing else than living arrangements happen in episode 200, I will be happy. 

Im.actually over the constant relationship drama or lack of whether it maybe lol. Obviously Lenny is no longer drama. But all we talk about with these shows these days is the guys relationships. When's the last time they were at cal tech? I know Raj and Howard were at the comic book store. But LeonArd and Sheldon rarely go their anymore. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 2L344 said:

I still laugh and enjoy the show, but I ain't gonna lie--the bold part. As a Shamy shipper season 9 has me walking on proverbial egg shells as I view the episodes now. 9 episodes of angst has me now watching episodes with Shamy in it with suspicion, when I didn't really do that before. Are we past that long break up drama, or will this be another episode of revisiting it in some form? Ugh...

things seem to be improving if the TR's are accurate (and I have no reason to doubt that they are), and I'm hopeful for some of the old fun TBBT is famous for. I still love the show, but season 9 HAS changed how I view it now and I wish it hadn't...

Well, you can only imagine what us Lennies feel with the amount of episodes we've seen that were filled with angst for our ship.

13 minutes ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

Way to get into the spirt Carlos! 

56ba6f9eb5ee5_thumbsup.gif.71cfebb73302f

You like the show's current direction, I don't. End of story.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Im.actually over the constant relationship drama or lack of whether it maybe lol. Obviously Lenny is no longer drama. But all we talk about with these shows these days is the guys relationships. When's the last time they were at cal tech? I know Raj and Howard were at the comic book store. But LeonArd and Sheldon rarely go their anymore. 

The last time all of the guys were shown at Caltech was The Helium Insufficiency (episode 6).  The last time S/L were at the comic book store was to hear H/R play "Thor & Dr. Jones" in The 2003 Approximation (episode 4).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Carlos said:

Well, you can only imagine what us Lennies feel with the amount of episodes we've seen that were filled with angst for our ship.

 

1 hour ago, Tonstar17 said:

I still laugh and enjoy the show, but I ain't gonna lie--the bold part. As a Shamy shipper season 9 has me walking on proverbial egg shells as I view the episodes now. 9 episodes of angst has me now watching episodes with Shamy in it with suspicion, when I didn't really do that before. Are we past that long break up drama, or will this be another episode of revisiting it in some form? Ugh...

things seem to be improving if the TR's are accurate (and I have no reason to doubt that they are), and I'm hopeful for some of the old fun TBBT is famous for. I still love the show, but season 9 HAS changed how I view it now and I wish it hadn't...

 

S9 is feeling rushed like they are trying to fix loose ends too quickly. But it can go anyway tptb want it to go. Is this a hint that the show will end in S10? I don't really know but, it scary right now. I dread watching new episodes even after reading TRS. For me anyway.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Actually, I have been dreading since Season 6 that the writers might pull something stupid, which I am not even going to mention because while I do not support it, I have just been very, very afraid of it.  Postponing living arrangements only adds to the fear even if one of the couples is married.  So I have been just as much of a Lenny fan as a Shamy fan because if in the end all of this drama and angst ends up being for nothing, I will be so furious.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Touche said:

 

Actually, I have been dreading since Season 6 that the writers might pull something stupid, which I am not even going to mention because while I do not support it, I have just been very, very afraid of it.  Postponing living arrangements only adds to the fear even if one of the couples is married.  So I have been just as much of a Lenny fan as a Shamy fan because if in the end all of this drama and angst ends up being for nothing, I will be so furious.

If ahem.happens. trust me Kaley would walk.

Btw watching Middle Earth Paradigm. PRob still the shows best episode imo. Hard to say, this is one of the rare comedies. Where first five seasons are gems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

If ahem.happens. trust me Kaley would walk.

Btw watching Middle Earth Paradigm. PRob still the shows best episode imo. Hard to say, this is one of the rare comedies. Where first five seasons are gems.

All the more reason to cut the umbilical cord and have the friends and couples interact as the writers supposedly set them up to do so.  Even as a Shamy fan, I agree that the first five seasons were awesome because there was such a good mix of work, friendship, and relationship balance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't be surprised if tptb make it that it's penny's idea to throw a surprise birthday if it's Sheldon's party and Amy & Leonard go along with it but don't care, even if they dream about them together. and Amy's job is to distract sheldon by taking him to the train store. Fuck. Where did that come from. Booze you are dead to me.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Touche said:

All the more reason to cut the umbilical cord and have the friends and couples interact as the writers supposedly set them up to do so.  Even as a Shamy fan, I agree that the first five seasons were awesome because there was such a good mix of work, friendship, and relationship balance.

And after watching Middle Earth. Dont get how ppl say Lenny was just sex. In their first kiss Alot of emotional depth already. LeonArd could of took advantage but he didn't. Showed audience Leonard is the hero. How can you ship Penny with Anyone other then Leonard. They were so cute in ThAt scene lol. But yeah show lacks balance these days.

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We actually have a correspondent from L.N.N. (Lenny News Network) so I have some anticipation for tonight's taping although not a lot of hope about the episode I hope I am wrong and its full of Lenny goodness and not just another chorus of who's in the kitchen with Penny 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From Jessica Radolf...Glamour Magazine...

Here for the big night! #BigBangTheory 200 episodes! Behind the scenes! Have a great show @missmayim @melissarauch

Embedded image permalink

And from Natalie Abrams...Entertainment Weekly

On set for #TheBigBangTheory's 200th episode! #BBT200

 

Embedded image permalink

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

The Shiny Trinket Maneuver aired on TBS tonight. The one where Bernadette talk her dislike of children and tells Howard she doesn't want any... My how time has changed  

Interestingly, they will be showing The Recombination Hypothesis, tomorrow locally.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.