[Spoilers] Discussion Topic: Season 9

Tensor

Sheldon's not attracted to anyone physically though. Beautiful though Penny may be, he's not attracted to her either. That's why it matters not that Penny hugged him, nor if Leonard did, or his own mother come to that. In fact, given the choice, unless he was upset and in need of comforting, I'd bet he'd sooner not have a hug from Amy given the choice. That's how he is. Did he look like he enjoyed Penny's hug?

Hey! I drink green tea! I think I might be offended. LOL!

So I'm guessing the Bat Signal went up to notify you that someone mentioned Sheldon and attraction in the same post?

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Abd ThAt and s4 finale table read. After that do you really believe they would do a similar thing in series final? Johnny would kill a bitch, and Kaley would help lol. Agree we Sheldon he's not really attracted Physically to anyone. So Penny hug no big deal. Penny's affectionate with everyone. Especially Leonard :icon_cheesygrin:

Agree we Sheldon he's not really attracted Physically to anyone. So Penny hug no big deal. Penny's affectionate with everyone. Especially Leonard :icon_cheesygrin:

You looked to the skies too huh?

Dinner, dinner, dinner, dinner, dinner, dinner, dinner, dinner....

You have her married to man that she insults openly in front of him, that she can't remember his birthday, and that she would rather think and talk about his best friend.  

And Leonard has insulted her in the open as well, what's your point?

If Penny were a male I DOUBT we'd be discussing the birthday forgetting issue, strikes me as a sexist mindset that the wife can't get her husbands birthday wrong.

She acts like she has to "put up with" Sheldon, yet she is the one that always caves and mothers him.

A character can't be a hypocrite?

Amy clearly wanted to comfort Sheldon and Amy has always been good with reasoning with him.  So why did she ignore Amy's wish to comfort Sheldon?

Why did Amy feel the need to argue over who should comfort Sheldon, and not just walk up to the door?

But was that really necessary?  Is Penny more important than Amy to him?   Wasn't it all just a plot ploy to get Sheldon and Penny in scenes together anyway?

Is one scene of Penny & Sheldon really going to make Lenny or Shamy fall off the face of the earth?

Yes they were showing Leonard/Amy face off because there is a transfer of who will be Sheldon's future roommate (hopefully), but still it just comes across annoying that Penny cares and thinks about and tends to Sheldon more than she shows any care or concern for her husband (or her best friend for that matter.)

Why is it Penny's fault and not, Leonard or Amy who are at fault for thinking that it was more important to establish who should be tending to Sheldon?

and no one else supposedly understands them, it just changed their dynamic to one that I have never been a fan of.   This is yet another example.  She supposedly gets him more than Amy so she has to comfort him.

Like Leonard has said Penny has known him longer.  In the same way, there are things that my brothers and parents get about me, that my fiance doesn't, at least not yet.  Partially because she hasn't known me as long as them.

Really?  Amy wasn't even given a chance to prove she gets him in this case.   It just was annoying.

Maybe if she wasn't busy wasting time bickering with Leonard she would've.  Why did she feel she needed to prove to Leonard that she gets him more, instead of taking charge through ACTION?

The writers continue to do a huge disservice to Leonard and Penny as a couple and honestly Leonard as a character.  It is frustrating for those of us who have watched since S1.

In what ways?  Leonard is still in one piece and breathing.  I'm positive they'll be addressing the living issues soon, but it's not a huge damper at all on Leonard, or his relationship with Penny.  Imagine characters having wrinkles to work out?  Perish the thought. 

What made it worse was Penny never even considered when she offered to stay in the bathroom with Sheldon if he didn't want to go out to the party until it was over what that would look like to Leonard and Amy and how it would likely spread some gossip.

Seriously?  Leonard and Amy having to worry about implications of Penny getting Sheldon to come out, why would they feel threatened by that?  They didn't feel threatened with the Intimacy Experiment last season, so why would they feel threatened now?  I think your overthinking the implications of this.

Not likely without a lot of ruffled feathers coming from their significant others.

Lenny and Shamy are not like most significant others.

Sure you can trust them in this case because we do know that Sheldon has no interest in her sexually and vice verse, but it is inconsiderate to their significant others and weird in general and crosses boundaries.

Why can Leonard and Amy not trust them?

Edited by meka3000

Yes

Huh based on what? Especially after the cast reaction? They wouldn't go through that again. Im sorry you have no bAsis for expecting tptb to pull something like that. Other then s4 finalie no evidence.

Is it just me or is the quote system not showing the name of the quoted poster?

It's not just you...Also, it won't let be delete while writing and before I can type I have to delete my history otherwise it shows my previous comment. If anyone knows how to avoid this it would be very appreciated.

This is the third time I'm attempting to writing this cause the other two it was eaten by a black hole. Let's hope third time's the charm.

Huh based on what? Especially after the cast reaction? They wouldn't go through that again. Im sorry you have no bAsis for expecting tptb to pull something like that. Other then s4 finalie no evidence.

The cast reads the words they are given, thier opinion means nothing and if it was the last episode they wouldn't be around anymore to complain anyway

Two recently ended popular sitcoms one a Lorrie production did similar things as a series finale that's a precedent. Shamey and Lenny are not being portrayed as strong couples, Penny and Sheldon are placed into scenes together in which thier SO would be much more appropriate, Shenny scenes are worked in at least once a season (love test, Shenny kiss) this is evidence of a continuing thought process by TPTB.  You are willfully ignoring what dosent support your position. you have become simply a show apologist and it saddens me you used to have opinions of your own

Edited by JE7

The cast reads the words they are given, thier opinion means nothing and if it was the last episode they wouldn't be around anymore to complain anyway

Two recently ended popular sitcoms one a Lorrie production did similar things as a series finale that's a precedent. Shamey and Lenny are not being portrayed as strong couples, Penny and Sheldon are placed into scenes together in which thier SO would be much more appropriate, Shenny scenes are worked in at least once a season (love test, Shenny kiss) this is evidence of a continuing thought process by TPTN.  You are either blind or willfully ignoring what dosent support your position. you have become simply a show apologist and it saddens me you used to have opinions of your own

The longer the show drags out, the more likely a scenario it becomes.  That's why I hope they end the series after Season 10.

This quote system is slowing killing itself.  No need for removal!  lol..

This is why we need quarterly emergency preparedness drills.

Rise and shine sleepyhead half the systems probably dead.

Grab your hard hat and orthotics :icon_cheesygrin:

Yes to every single word. And what I'm about to say may be not friendly, but whatever.

Towards the end of the taping, whey they were shooting that hug scene again and again with Amy holding a laptop standing quietly besides Sheldon, I didn't even feel anger anymore. It began to feel ridiculous and hysterical. I almost laughed out loud. I was like "Will anyone including Sheldon even notice/care if Amy's not here?"

It was Sheldon's birthday and it was Amy's idea to return his favor of making her last birthday memoriable. And you'd think they'd at least show how Amy prepared for Sheldon's party, presents, etc. No. Nothing. Instead they showed how Penny was a little panic because she didn's have enough time to do all the preparations.

Amy is not even allowed by the writers to comfort Sheldon when he's upset because clearly Leonard is a better choice. Sheldon is not attracted to Amy physically, or at least the writers refuse to show us clearly. And they constantly hint that Amy doesn't know a lot of things about Sheldon, that he can't open up to her completely. She rolls her eyes at him like everybody else. After almost 6 years, they still have date nights once a month. What do Shamy have left, really?

I can't even imagine if I was Amy in last night's episode, how upset and angry I would be. My boyfriend's freaking out and his best friend doesn't allow me to comfort him. Because he knows my boyfriend better. Oh really? Are you gonna have a family with him and have children with him? Am I supposed to call YOU whenever he's upset in the future? You're like his brother, but you're not his brother. I AM his girlfriend and his future wife. So unless you can grow a set of female reproductive system and fuck him, step aside and mind you own fucking business. You're his best friend so you get to decide who he's close to? Just like in season 7 finale, you get to decide that it's better for him to just run away without even letting me know. Because clearly I'm not one part of your weird little family. I'm a outsider. Who gives a fuck about what I feel?

And I don't even want to mention how ridiculous it was for the writers to just let Penny sit with Sheldon in the bathroom and having long, warm conversations, like the old days, with Amy waiting outside. It was Amy's idea to celebrate Sheldon's birthday. Don't you think when Sheldon freaked out, Amy would feel guilty and want to talk with him? But no, ain't nobody got the time for Amy.

Literally, Amy could just disappear and I'm sure nobody would notice. The show doesn't need Amy. Maybe it doesn't need Leonard either. Most of the time it doesn't even need Penny. All that's important is Sheldon.

Amy can be referred as "the girl who has lines when they need to show the romantic side of Sheldon". Leonard is the dude who's there to make sure Sheldon can funtion as a human being. Penny is the girl who's there when they need to make the scenes more beautiful. Howard, Raj and Bernie are just there to say a line or two whenever the writers can't fiil their 18-minute show.

And I love Penny. But how the writers portray her recently is really ruining this character for me. I would never, not in a million years, just go ahead and hug my best friend's boyfriend, with my best friend standing right next to him, even though the guy's just like my little brother.

You know what, in my mother language, we call this kind of woman "Lv Cha Biao". If we translates it to English literally, it means "Green Tea Bitch".

Oh just want to quote myself and add because people are like "Sheldon is like a brother to Penny. They're just best friends. She doesn't have special feelings towards him".

Actually I'd like to change my answer. Penny doesn't really fit the defination of a "Lv Cha Biao". She's more like a "Hong Yan Biao", which can be translated into "Best Friend Bitch".

And you know what the No. 1 characteristic of "Best Friend Bitches" is? They are "just" best friends with guys and are like sisters to them.

Edited by camelliayao

Oh just want to quote myself and add because people are like "Sheldon is like a brother to Penny. They're just beat friendship She doesn't have special feelings towards him".

Actually I'd like to change my answer. Penny doesn't really fit the defination of a "Lv Cha Biao". She's more like a "Hong Yan Biao", which can be translated into "Best Friend Bitch".

And you know what the No. 1 characteristic of "Best Friend Bitches" is? They are "just" best friends with guys and are like sisters to them.

Here, let me get that for ya!

tumblr_o1l7g2pab51qbfaa9o2_400.jpg.430dc

I'm sorry you had a bad time at the Taping :( but two friends hugging =/= banging! 

And calling Penny a bitch? Implying that she is somehow scheming to get in his pants is a little extreme!

They were both single for years, if she wanted to make a move she could have quite easily!

-The cast reads the words they are given, thier opinion means nothing and if it was the last episode they wouldn't be around anymore to complain anyway

-Shenny scenes are worked in at least once a season (love test, Shenny kiss) this is evidence of a continuing thought process by TPTB.  

-You are willfully ignoring what dosent support your position.

you have become simply a show apologist and it saddens me you used to have opinions of your own

-In the Hawking Excitation Jim Parsons objected to the script calling for him to wear a Leia gold brass bikini.  They managed to meet half way and Jim agreed to a french maid outfit.  I imagine this kind of BTS stuff happens between the cast and crew all the time.

-In The Drew Carey Show there were plenty of scenes that teased something between Drew and Mimi (who have a similar dynamic to Shenny).  At the end of it's run, they never got together.

-If he is (which I don't think he is), he's not the only one.

-Or maybe 3kull is trying to keep an open mind, and not believing the worst out of every situation.

The longer the show drags out, the more likely a scenario it becomes.  That's why I hope they end the series after Season 10.

Sorry that's crap. Sheldon and Penny told each other THEY are siblings in. Cannon n using a AU kiss as proof tptb are heading their is stupid. None of those scenes love test etc. Which was their way of addressing it. Or their AU scenes mean anything. In cannon Penny doesent see Sheldon like that for nearly a decade. To suggest because they've had solo scenes. Simply because example love test was funny. Means YOUR a show apologist is just stupid. That's not proof. Quite the contary. Has Penny ever seem SHELDON or ever been romantically intimate with The guy? So AFTER a decade out of all the guys shes Been with, including LeonArd. Sheldons the one? Lol. You really think The writers are that stupid. Could you imagine Penny doing any of that with Sheldon? It would be so Ooc. It simply wont happen. So to say its heading their simplt bsed on a few isolated scenes ThAt meant nothing. And were NEVER romantic. Dont you get it tptb wrre mocking the whole concept. Sheldon s changed yes, but hes just to weird in Pennys mind. Hes a grown todller to het. I just dont understand anyone watching can even suggest that's where its heading.