[Spoilers] Discussion Topic: Season 9

Tensor

and you think that means I'm going to provide you anything after the first 50 million times that you asked because......?

Probably not, but it doesn't bother me to continue to show you haven't provided anything to support your claims that vasu was presumptuous.   Which means your claim is wrong.   

• Like 1

What I'm saying is it's a possible explanation for his silence on the matter.  Obviously none of us KNOWS the real reason, but just jumping to the conclusion that it's a retcon or character assasination or whatever.  What I'm trying to provide is a logical inference based on how Leonard felt about what might happen if he went on the trip.

So, if he was afraid of screwing up the relationship simply by leaving for 4 months, how much more would he have feared he had screwed it up by kissing this girl?  If he had confessed right away, how would Penny take it?  So he keeps it to himself until he feels he can no longer do so.

That may not be the explanation they choose to go with on the show, but to me it's one way that it makes sense and doesn't contradict who Leonard is.

I don't understand why he felt compelled to spill it before Vegas but not before the series of proposals. He picked the worst possible time. On the surface this seems unlike Leonard. Usually he wants to talk everything out. If it was bothering him I can't see him waiting two years and then bring it up.

I don't understand why he felt compelled to spill it before Vegas but not before the series of proposals. He picked the worst possible time. On the surface this seems unlike Leonard. Usually he wants to talk everything out. If it was bothering him I can't see him waiting two years and then bring it up.

Well, he take his usual OVER-THINKING very seriously!

:shy:

To be fair Mika you started it simply because you wanted vasu to provide evidence for saying it makes no sense, which is a valid pov.

Show me where I asked vasu to provide me evidence?

It makes no.sense as since s6 it diddnt exist, so from a writing standpoint it contradicts Leonards character history.

That's called retconning history, as long as it doesn't contradict history (and it doesn't) it can still be valid to the shows canon that it happened.  An actual example of retconning history that doesn't make sense would be in Scrubs season 5 and it's introduction of the character Kim Briggs, the writing said she's been there the whole time since season 1 (inserting her into flashbacks when JD was alone) and that JD didn't notice her JUST BECAUSE all women that wear wedding rings are invisible to JD.  EVEN THOUGH he had been interacting with and could see Carla for two previous seasons when she was married to Turk and WEARING A WEDDING RING.

Not to mention the fact, it was established only one caltech employee could go on the hawking trip.

Sigh... that was NOT established.  As I pointed out to stardust earlier, Howard recommended Leonard to Stephen Hawking for his team at the North Sea BECAUSE an experimental physicist dropped out.  It was NEVER ESTABLISHED that only one cal tech employee was being offered an opportunity.  Check it here, if you want verification.

with a collegue who hes been working with him for two years. Does that make sense to you? Because it doesent to me. Creating this women out of thin air, just to create artificial angst and delay living arrangements, lacks continuity.

Where's the contradiction in the continuity?  Just because we didn't know about her before now, does not automatically make it a contradiction.

I don't understand why he felt compelled to spill it before Vegas but not before the series of proposals. 

Because Penny brought up how going into this marriage they now know EVERYTHING about each other and have no secrets.  Which was a sore spot for him because she inadvertently reminded him about a secret he was keeping from her, which she didn't do before now.

Edited by meka3000
  • Like 1

So meka its okay to accuse vasu of presuming it makes no sense without any evidence. Yet your presuming mandy worked at cal tech after the boat trip, without factual evidence. Yet thats okay, okay got ya. 

• Like 1

So meka its okay to accuse vasu of presuming it makes no sense without any evidence. Yet your presuming mandy worked at cal tech after the boat trip, without factual evidence. 

Leonard's word confirms that she's been working there, I don't see what more is needed as long as nothing contradicts continuity, and so far it hasn't.

Edited by meka3000

Again absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

yet you can't produce any evidence, so that is absence. And without it, you're still wrong. 

Leonard's word confirms that she's been working there, I don't see what more is needed as long as nothing contradicts continuity, and so far it hasn't.

Operating in your normal mode of being hypocritical I see.  You'll accept Leonard's word here, because it supports your contention. But, you wouldn't accept Leonard's word when he said last year he was seasick, not drunk. 

So meka its okay to accuse vasu of presuming it makes no sense without any evidence. Yet your presuming mandy worked at cal tech after the boat trip, without factual evidence. Yet thats okay, okay got ya. 

Of course, that's the way he operates.  Any way to support his scenarios. Doesn't matter if the evidence is used consistently. See above where he wouldn't accept Leonard's word before, but will now because he needs it to support his contention. 

• Like 1

[snip]

Because Penny brought up how going into this marriage they now know EVERYTHING about each other and have no secrets.  Which was a sore spot for him because she inadvertently reminded him about a secret he was keeping from her, which she didn't do before now.

hmmmm

Okay. I looked it up.

Penny: And you know what the best part is? We took our time. I mean, we met, we were friends for a couple years, then we got together, and then we got untogether, then we worked out all our problems, and now we know everything about each other, we can just go forward with no surprises and no regrets.

I see your point. 

• Like 1

And without it, you're still wrong. 

not giving you my claim doesn't make someone automatically wrong, it just means I won't give you a claim.

Operating in your normal mode of being hypocritical I see.  You'll accept Leonard's word here, because it supports your contention. But, you wouldn't accept Leonard's word when he said last year he was seasick, not drunk.

I never said I didn't accept Leonard's word about that.  And I never said I interpreted his words to mean he was not drunk.  It's possible to be seasick and drunk simultaneously sherlock.

Edited by meka3000

not giving you my claim doesn't make someone automatically wrong, it just means I won't give you a claim.

I never said I didn't accept Leonard's word about that.  And I never said I interpreted his words to mean he was not drunk.  It's possible to be seasick and drunk simultaneously sherlock.

why diddnt y say this in the first place lol.So you expect vasu to back up his claims, but not you? Okay then. 

Just read something about a potential car accident involving the two main couples in episode two. 

lol its official bbt is grays anatomy!!

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 1

Yeah...I wouldn't worry too much over those kinds of articles.

It's articles from the likes of TVLine, EW and ETonline that ought to worry or excite you because they usually get direct info from the writers and producers.

• Like 5

I said that it may take something traumatic like an accident to see what they could be losing.  It also makes a point of saying that it would bring the other characters to the fore, which it would do if any two of the main couples are stuck in hospital for a period of time.

• Like 1

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic