[Spoilers] Discussion Topic: Season 9

Tensor

But none of Sp scenes have eveR been romantic. Nor has Penny ever suggested she sees Sheldon in ThAt light. Quite the contrary.

None of that matters in either my or nibblers scenario they don't have to build to or justify it although many think they are doing so.

One scenario, Last scene last ep Shenny are together for whatever reason/device/plot bunny they chose to use, simple as that done deal no appeals, all over, see ya bye Most likely simply for shock value

After all Newhart the entire series was just a dream of Bob Newharts charecter from his first show.

Hell Penny could wake up with Charlie sheen and kill two birds (shows) with one stone that would keep Lorrie's name recognition up there for years

Edited by JE7
  • Like 2

They ended up endgame.

Yeah, but the whole Joey premise ruined Ross and Rachel for me, even if they ended up together.  So like Friends where I only watch beginning seasons because later seasons went to crap, I guess season 5 of TBBT is my limit.  The unconscious handholds when Howard goes into space, couples actually being sweet to each other, balancing work, friendships, and relationships in the episodes.  Maybe after season 10 ends, I might get curious what the writers ultimately did, but I think I am done for now.

Edited by Touche
  • Like 5

Theoretically anything's possible...So why torture yourselves already? At least wait until there's concrete evidence and then bail if you like.

I really don't think that the Shamy and Lenny relationships are being undermined here...People are way overreacting, looking for crazy patterns where there are none. 

Having "what ifs" in your mind is one thing, but this is way overboard for me.

And you are perfectly welcome and entitled to think that way as we are to do the same just because you dont see it dosent mean its not there some people will still argue the earth is flat just because they don't see/believe the evidence dosent make it not exist

Edited by JE7

Ross and Rachel were endgame the whole series.  Then BAM Joey.....

But Ross and Rachel still ended up together. And your really comparing Joey to Sheldon LOL? Penny would hypothetically get sick of him in mins. Penny can't stand living with him let alone date him. I accept writer's can do what THEY want. But it would be too ooc. That and its Sheldon. He just doesn't offer Penny anything. Fundamentally too different.

• Like 4

Yeah, but the whole Joey premise ruined Ross and Rachel for me, even if they ended up together.  So like Friends where I only watch beginning seasons because later seasons went to crap, I guess season 5 of TBBT is my limit.  The unconscious handholds when Howard goes into space, couples actually being sweet to each other, balancing work, friendships, and relationships in the episodes.  Maybe after season 10 ends, I might get curious what the writers ultimately did, but I think I am done for now.

And it'll be worse than Friends if what you wrote really does happen because at least Ross and Rachel haven't been together for years when Joey&Rachel happens. For TBBT it's like cheating on best friends and partners. It'll be totally horrible. That's like the worst way to ruin the characters for me.

• Like 2

And it'll be worse than Friends if what you wrote really does happen because at least Ross and Rachel haven't been together for years when Joey&Rachel happens. For TBBT it's like cheating on best friends and partners. It'll be totally horrible. That's like the worst way to ruin the characters for me.

Your speculating though. None of this is happening lol. For the record Penny hugging Sheldon is no big deal. They are a close group. Its a sitcom. Penny is just very maternal. Honestly 

• Like 4

But Ross and Rachel never got married, at least sober. Joey is not even comparable to Raj. In either case no one was married. It seems to me if something permanently was going to happened it would have happened before Lenny got married. Others have mentioned this before but the 200th episode hasn't even aired yet and the hysteria seems to rampant from both ships. Most people are upset about this episode, myself included, but by the time it airs and I think most on here will be moved on to episode 201.

• Like 3

Yes I'm speculating. Nobody knows what exactly will happen. So? 

Hasent happened in 9 seasons. So for ww know it won't ever. If the world ended penny would blow her brains out before even entertaining the notion. But that's cannon. But just because other shows reverse things in series finals. Doesn't mean Tbbt well.

• Like 2

Theoretically anything's possible...So why torture yourselves already? At least wait until there's concrete evidence and then bail if you like.

I really don't think that the Shamy and Lenny relationships are being undermined here...People are way overreacting, looking for crazy patterns where there are none. 

Having "what ifs" in your mind is one thing, but this is way overboard for me.

To be honest, I'm not overly worried about this.  I was responding more to the fact that he said this possibility was impossible.  I thought of a scenario that I thought could play out.  I generally like Shenny friendship interaction.

i guess my point was I don't think it's totally in left field .  I'm not going to worry about it though.  Who knows what direction the show will take.

• Like 2

Lorrie allready hates Penny, his original female lead was a drunk user living on the streets that leonard took in the test audiences hated it and the network passed. He got with prady took the sweet country girl from the show he was working on Grafted her onto his show and boom its a hit. He spent half of season 3 and season 4 trying to turn Penny into the alcoholic slut he first envisioned only him giving up day to day control to do other projects saved Penny and the show.

The show will sell in syndication because of its ratings during its initial run, no matter what he does at the end it wont change what the show has allready achieved or the deals already  made and he knows that so he has nothing to lose by ending with a big FU

Edited by JE7
  • Like 1

To be honest, I'm not overly worried about this.  I was responding more to the fact that he said this possibility was impossible.  I thought of a scenario that I thought could play out.  I generally like Shenny friendship interaction.

i guess my point was I don't think it's totally in left field .  I'm not going to worry about it though.  Who knows what direction the show will take.

Yeah, I recognize that this could happen and I have also wondered sometimes...But until there's proof, I will just ignore all the "what ifs".

• Like 5

Lorre doesent Hate Penny lol. But yeah ep 201 well role no one well remember the scene omg. Show well move forward. I agree if Penny was going to date Sheldon or any of the guys. Would have been before Lenny got married.. now? Nah. Remember our babies well be smart and beautiful :icon_cheesygrin:

Hi

Lorrie allready hates Penny, his original was a drunk user living on the streets that leonard took in thebtest audiences hatedbit and the network passed. He got with prady tookbtje sweet country girl from the show he was working on Grady d her onto his show and boom its a hit. He spent half of season 3 and season 4 trying to turn Penny into the alcoholic slut he first envisionedbonly h giving up day today controlbto do other projects saved Penny and the show.

The show will sell in syndication because of its ratings during its initial run no matter what he does at the end itbwont change what the show has allready achieved or tjebdeals already  made and he knows thatbso hebhas nothing to lose by ending with a big FU

Aye PENNY was in a relationship with LeonArd most of s3. How is that being a slut? Get off the juice lol.

• Like 1

Hi

Aye PENNY was in a relationship with LeonArd most of s3. How is that being a slut? Get off the juice lol.

I specifically said "half of season three" meaning after the breakup. Twisting someone's words or intentionaly taking them out if context is the tactic of a weak debater when his arguments dint succed. If you can't make your case just change the case your opponent is making. It's a bad tactic but one often used in politics by candidates who need to deflect the conversation.

• Like 1

I specifically said "half of season three" meaning after the breakup. Twisting someone's words or intentionaly taking them out if context is the tactic of a weak debater when his arguments dint succed. If you can't make your case just change the case your opponent is making. It's a bad tactic but one often used in politics by candidates who need to deflect the conversation.

Season 3 was 23 episodes. They broke up in episode 19. I'm actually watching the finale of season 2 right now. Just saw Penny saying she wished he wasn't leaving.

But we didn't get that, scavenger hunt was a fun group episode. This apparently was a room full of people with a few lines each basically saying nice things to/about Sheldon. Hardly the same thing is it?

I honestly think that the writers have forgotten how to write good comedy and that they are a victim of their own success. They are so enamored with being successful that they are incredibly hesitant to risk anything and maintain a status quo that is so ridiculous that it is hurting the story telling greatly. I understand that halfway through the 9th season it may be very hard to maintain the freshness of S1-S3, but at the very least grab a pair and make the moves necessary to move the story forward. As it stands right now it is sad to see what was once a great show has turned into. I've been holding on the last 2 1/2 seasons because of all the time I previously invested in it (S-1 through 1/2 of S7) but it isn't working for me anymore. I think I might stick around until the end of S9 but I do NOT believe TPTB will right the ship. 

• Like 9

It al went down hill when Kaley cut her hair off lol.

Some People on here are so afraid that The Producers of The Big Bang Theory are gong to pull a Roseanne or HIMYM  lol. They can't trust the writers for some reason 

Just breath people. Leonard and Penny are the endgame and had been since the Pilot. They are Married now which should be enough prof that they have absolutely no plan of putting Sheldon and Penny together.  The whole idea form the start was the Nerd trying to get the Hot Girl next door and now he has her. 

Penny has always been impulsed by Sheldon (And Sheldon visa versa) and has never ever shown any sort of sexual desire for Sheldon. she is not suddenly going to do a 360 in one episode. True over time they became less Frenemy and more became more Friends in the  last couple years but that it. they are brother and sister. Sheldon even told Penny she was like a Sister.  But again that it. 

There are example;es of TV Shows where Two Characters who started out as Enemies ended up  becoming Friends alter on That happens sometimes in real Life too.   Penny has always been the Maternal person of the group and like a sister to all the other guys 

Jim and Mayim were not happy when they broke Sheldon and Amy  up.  Johnny was not happy when they had Penny and Raj sleep together. The Writers know how fans  feel about the Couples on the Show and are not going to do anything to hurt or change the couples not he show or the show itself.  

Bill has always said that the idea of Shenny was just fanasty and that it would never happen. 

Good to see theirs rational ppl around here lol.

• Like 3

Season 3 was 23 episodes. They broke up in episode 19. I'm actually watching the finale of season 2 right now. Just saw Penny saying she wished he wasn't leaving.

Ok fine a piece of season three your splitting hairs but you are technically correct coincidently around the time syndication took off

• Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic