[Spoilers] Discussion Topic: Season 9

Tensor

Some People on here are so afraid that The Producers of The Big Bang Theory are gong to pull a Roseanne or HIMYM  lol.

Just breath people. Leonard and Penny are the endgame and had been since the Pilot. They are Married now which should be enough prof that they have absolutely no plan of putting Sheldon and Penny together.  The whole idea form the start was the Nerd trying to get the Hot Girl next door and now he has her. 

Penny has always been impulsed by Sheldon (And Sheldon visa versa) and has never ever shown any sort of sexual desire for Sheldon. she is not suddenly going to do a 360 in one episode. True over time they became less Frenemy and more became more Friends in the  last couple years but that it. they are brother and sister. Sheldon even told Penny she was like a Sister.  But again that it. 

There are example;es of TV Shows where Two Characters who started out as Enemies ended up  becoming Friends alter on That happens sometimes in real Life too.   Penny has always been the Maternal person of the group and like a sister to all the other guys 

Jim and Mayim were not happy when they broke Sheldon and Amy  up.  Johnny was not happy when they had Penny and Raj sleep together. The Writers know how fans  feel about the Couples on the Show and are not going to do anything to hurt or change the couples not he show or the show itself.  

Bill has always said that the idea of Shenny was just fanasty and that it would never happen. 

The actors opinions mean didly squat they dont write the show they just read the lines they are given and bill aint the boss Chuck Lorrie is so they don't get the final say

Edited by JE7

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And then there is the fact that Penny is an adorable ball of fluff :) 

I totally agree with your last sentence. In regards to the rest of your post, which I didn't quote isn't Amy supposed to be the one for Sheldon? IMO, it should've been Amy.

Let me give you another angle...Leonard and Penny are married, Sheldon and Amy are heading that way too...There is NO WAY they are going to have two divorces in a sitcom while ruining the entire gang's relationships in the process...

As for the whole show being just a dream...If Lorre has already done this do you honestly think he would do it again and again in every show? Eventually people will be like "LOL I know how this will end so I'm not even bothering"...

Posting this for a forum member who'd rather not join in the melee. It's too good not to go on the board:

Can I just get something off my chest? Every time there's a sweet moment between Sheldon and Penny it's the end of the world. Are people really this insecure? Sheldon can profess his love for Amy, credit her for making him a better man, want to marry her, want to have children with her, become completely devastated over her breaking up with him, run to her door to get her back in spite of possibly enduring all that pain again, kiss her passionately, give up Star Wars premiere for her, MAKE LOVE TO HER DESPITE ALL HIS ISSUES WITH IT BECAUSE HE LOVES HER THAT FREAKING MUCH, and people throw a fit that Penny hugs Sheldon and calls him one of her favorite people? Is Sheldon not allowed to have a relationship with another female? If Amy isn't the only person in his life, people somehow equate this to her not being important to him. It's so frustrating to me that Sheldon can have all these milestones, do things for the sake of Amy and for their relationship that were once unimaginable, and that suddenly becomes not good enough for people. The writers aren't scheming some big Shenny thing. It's literally as simple as Penny is a sister figure for Sheldon, and they are very close. That's it! Penny was the one to comfort Sheldon in the bathroom because they wanted to create a parallel between Missy and Penny! Amy wasn't the one to comfort Sheldon this time and there's nothing wrong with that. I guess I just can't understand how people can see how much love Shamy have for each other in 9.10 and 9.11 and then still find reasons to be insecure? Sorry lmao, I just really needed to vent.

That is such a stupid comment. So for you it is reasonable to forego privacy with your wife (being a newlywed) in order to have more closet space? For what?

Tbh its just lack of boundaries. Im done honestly. Leonard move out. Your wife wont be nice to Sheldon forever. Oh Sheldons upset. Take it up with my butt, because hes the only one who gives a crap. Penny well strange Sheldon. The relationships have evolved. All of them. I think that's what the writers wrre going for.

I honestly think that the writers have forgotten how to write good comedy and that they are a victim of their own success. They are so enamored with being successful that they are incredibly hesitant to risk anything and maintain a status quo that is so ridiculous that it is hurting the story telling greatly. I understand that halfway through the 9th season it may be very hard to maintain the freshness of S1-S3, but at the very least grab a pair and make the moves necessary to move the story forward. As it stands right now it is sad to see what was once a great show has turned into. I've been holding on the last 2 1/2 seasons because of all the time I previously invested in it (S-1 through 1/2 of S7) but it isn't working for me anymore. I think I might stick around until the end of S9 but I do NOT believe TPTB will right the ship. 

Amen brother! Preach it

The actors opinions mean didly squat they dont write the show they just read the lines they are given and bill aint the boss Chuck Lorrie is so they don't get the final say

Bills co creator he gets a say. Lorre aint head writer. If anything Moloro says what.

Posting this for a forum member who'd rather not join in the melee. It's too good not to go on the board:

I would just point out that these charecters are fictional, they don't really exist, they make no decisions have no choice they simply say the words the writers put in their mouths.

It is not and never has been a debate about what the charectors would do its about what the writers and producers will make them do. They are the puppets not the puppeteer

Let me give you another angle...Leonard and Penny are married, Sheldon and Amy are heading that way too...There is NO WAY they are going to have two divorces in a sitcom while ruining the entire gang's relationships in the process...

As for the whole show being just a dream...If Lorre has already done this do you honestly think he would do it again and again in every show? Eventually people will be like "LOL I know how this will end so I'm not even bothering"...

Newhart was not a lorrie show just fyi

Newhart was not a lorrie show just fyi

I don't know if you're referencing another show or if you're just being sarcastic...I was talking about the fact that people say Lorre has done this before...I have no idea what happened in Newhart.

Yes to every single word. And what I'm about to say may be not friendly, but whatever.

Towards the end of the taping, whey they were shooting that hug scene again and again with Amy holding a laptop standing quietly besides Sheldon, I didn't even feel anger anymore. It began to feel ridiculous and hysterical. I almost laughed out loud. I was like "Will anyone including Sheldon even notice/care if Amy's not here?"

It was Sheldon's birthday and it was Amy's idea to return his favor of making her last birthday memoriable. And you'd think they'd at least show how Amy prepared for Sheldon's party, presents, etc. No. Nothing. Instead they showed how Penny was a little panic because she didn's have enough time to do all the preparations.

Amy is not even allowed by the writers to comfort Sheldon when he's upset because clearly Leonard is a better choice. Sheldon is not attracted to Amy physically, or at least the writers refuse to show us clearly. And they constantly hint that Amy doesn't know a lot of things about Sheldon, that he can't open up to her completely. She rolls her eyes at him like everybody else. After almost 6 years, they still have date nights once a month. What do Shamy have left, really?

I can't even imagine if I was Amy in last night's episode, how upset and angry I would be. My boyfriend's freaking out and his best friend doesn't allow me to comfort him. Because he knows my boyfriend better. Oh really? Are you gonna have a family with him and have children with him? Am I supposed to call YOU whenever he's upset in the future? You're like his brother, but you're not his brother. I AM his girlfriend and his future wife. So unless you can grow a set of female reproductive system and fuck him, step aside and mind you own fucking business. You're his best friend so you get to decide who he's close to? Just like in season 7 finale, you get to decide that it's better for him to just run away without even letting me know. Because clearly I'm not one part of your weird little family. I'm a outsider. Who gives a fuck about what I feel?

And I don't even want to mention how ridiculous it was for the writers to just let Penny sit with Sheldon in the bathroom and having long, warm conversations, like the old days, with Amy waiting outside. It was Amy's idea to celebrate Sheldon's birthday. Don't you think when Sheldon freaked out, Amy would feel guilty and want to talk with him? But no, ain't nobody got the time for Amy.

Literally, Amy could just disappear and I'm sure nobody would notice. The show doesn't need Amy. Maybe it doesn't need Leonard either. Most of the time it doesn't even need Penny. All that's important is Sheldon.

Amy can be referred as "the girl who has lines when they need to show the romantic side of Sheldon". Leonard is the dude who's there to make sure Sheldon can funtion as a human being. Penny is the girl who's there when they need to make the scenes more beautiful. Howard, Raj and Bernie are just there to say a line or two whenever the writers can't fiil their 18-minute show.

And I love Penny. But how the writers portray her recently is really ruining this character for me. I would never, not in a million years, just go ahead and hug my best friend's boyfriend, with my best friend standing right next to him, even though the guy's just like my little brother.

You know what, in my mother language, we call this kind of woman "Lv Cha Biao". If we translates it to English literally, it means "Green Tea Bitch".

I just absolutely love your post. It is just perfect. I only wish I knew you mother language because I'm sure that "Lv Cha Biao" looses something in translation. Congratulations. I agree with you completely.

I don't know if you're referencing another show or if you're just being sarcastic...I was talking about the fact that people say Lorre has done this before...I have no idea what happened in Newhart.

Lorre did in Taahm. But tbh only thing ThAt happened was Charlie was alive, THEN he was sent lol. But guess couples weren't a big thing like it is in bbt.

-Or it's because your determined to read into any scene what you want to see, and hardly IF EVER take nuance into account.  Because you've clearly made up your mind on these characters, instead of being willing to be flexible in your interpretation.

No, Mekka, that is actually you in every single one of your posts.

Honestly these days I'm not bothered by any drama on the show, I'm more irritated about seeing or reading about specific and/or drama content BECAUSE 9 times out of 10 I correctly predict that a number of people here will be overly sensitive and take a line or scene too personally.  Maybe it wouldn't bother me as much if it weren't clear how much perspective almost NEVER gets taken into account when people here react this way.

Who the hell are you to say what is the correct way to react to something? Absolutely no one.

I think a lot of the hostility on the threads is because people forget the charectors aren't real and dint have free will. It is a testament to the cast that this is so due to the wonderful job they do.

But the fact remains they can only make the choices the writers dictate and the writers and producers have no limits other than those they place on themselves.

I know this is a ridiculus extreme but the point is valid, at next week's taping it could be revealed that Sheldon IS a robot pop pop built, Howard while in space was replaced by an alien, Raj is a hemaphrodite (which would explain so much lol), Bernie gets arrested for selling weponized racoon virus to ISIS, Amy is kidnapped and taken to Faisel, Emily is a serial killer and Penny is a succubus who has been feeding off Leonard who is actually a lab created experiment by his parents.

It would be both stupid and ridiculus but it would be canon and there would be nothing we could do about it

Just food for thought and hopefully I got a laugh out of some of you if not then I am qualified to write for TBBT and will apply asap

Edited by JE7

Seriously?  You didn't realize that I had forgotten to take out stardustmelody's quote when I was quoting her multiple times?  Go to her quote, you'll see the 2nd line that you bolded is her's originally.  I even edited it BEFORE you quoted me.

Also for a moderator, I feel your setting a terrible example of being THIS personal with anyone by asking me if I'm lying about my life.  I haven't made ONE comment about questioning whether your telling the truth about your personal life.  Because it has NOTHING to do with the show.

If you don't want to be questioned about your personal life leave it out of your posts. I'd think anything I say here is fair game. Don't you?

That WAS me I said it was done on newhart I never said Lorrie had done it just that he could 

Tbh Penny and Amy ain't best friends. Never understood WHERE that came from. More pEnny and Bernadette. While I would agree hugging your friends bf in front of YOUR friend is not right. The bf in this case has been her neighbour and friend for nine years. So I think its okay imo. Close group. Does she always hug Sheldon? Lol no. So you know. Moving on now. I have a feeling it well translate differently. Reason I dont read taping reports.

Tbh Penny and Amy ain't best friends. Never understood WHERE that came from. More pEnny and Bernadette. While I would agree hugging your friends bf in front of YOUR friend is not right. The bf in this case has been her neighbour and friend for nine years. So I think its okay imo. Close group. Does she always hug Sheldon? Lol no. So you know. Moving on now. I have a feeling it well translate differently. Reason I dont read taping reports.

I prefer Amy and Bernadette...To my Penny and Amy don't have any chemistry and their friendship always felt forced.

It is forced, by Amy. Remember her spreading her scent all over Penny's apt. Or when she told Penny that she could make Emily like her by just hanging around "and the next thing you know your sitting at their counter drinking their wine" 

I'm writing this as someone who actually enjoys the Shenny friendship.  I think they make great friends.  They have two totally different perspectives which is hilarious to watch on screen.

I don't think it's crap to think that TPTB could go in this direction.  If they go til the end of Season 11...that's a lot of episodes.  The writers have admitted that they love writing angsty drama for Lenny.  So let's imagine a little...  Lenny are in 4B and Shamy in 4A.  Lenny start fighting with each other over this and that.  Perhaps Leonard is ready for kids and Penny isn't.  Perhaps its money as its a big stressor in marriages.  Shamy are fighting too, they are having trouble meshing together living together.  Things get to a boiling point for both couples.  Sheldon and Penny meet up to commiserate together.  Penny asks, Why is Leonard so stubborn?  I know!  Sheldon exclaims.  Sheldon asks why Amy is so difficult.  Penny agrees.  They have a friendly evening together, bitching about their respective partners.  They start laughing together about this and that.  One of them asks, why can't it be easy, like it is with us?  Awkward silence.  Subject changed.  They start joking around again....laughing.  Perhaps Penny tries to tickle him.  He starts to shove her away, but then they kiss.

Is that possibility inconceivable?  Perhaps.  I don't think it is.  They making it a point "growing Sheldon up" this season.  In future seasons, maybe Penny won't see him as such a "child". 

I truly hope they don't go in that direction, but who knows?  I do like Sheldon and Penny being friends, and it doesn't freak me out to see them on screen together.  But when they put these little "moments" into each season, it makes me go Hmmmm sometimes.  It's not like they show Leonard a lot of respect as a character.

Dude, you need a warning label on this!  OH man!!  it also doesnt help that you are Fan Fic writer who is awesome, so i was sucked in!! CURSE YOU!  If you write this, you are off the christmas list...  Now, where's my xanax!  *wink.

Not to mention the fact that Lorre personally wrote both the MeeMaw and the 200th episode, so yeah I personally think Lorre is a closeted Shen**.  It breaks my heart that they give S&P more genuine friendly scenes (whether maternal, consoling, whatever) than they care to invest in the canon relationships.  Also, it is not just one S&P scene, but a pattern of uncomfortable scenes since Season 6.  I am not saying Penny and Sheldon cannot be friends, but the lack of any boundaries and lack of moving out really make it very awkward.

Well, I was happy Penny said no to rubbing vaporub on Sheldon's chest with his last bout of flu but didn't care for Sheldon mocking her for groping every male on the planet but him.    Now that Sheldon is sexualized, he doesn't need Penny rubbing his chest, especially with Amy several states away.

I hate hate hate the possibility of Shenny, but I am in agreement with some of the other posters.   We have reason to be skeptical that we spend 10/11 seasons shipping Lenny and 7/8 seasons shipping Shamy only to find Penny and Sheldon together in the end.    The only way to fix this fear continuously creeping into our posts is if the writer's finally give Leonard and Amy the attention and respect they deserve in their relationships to show they are solid.   Stop having Penny be the bearer of Sheldon's secrets and let Amy get to know the man she is sleeping with now.  Let Amy be Sheldon's rescuer when he becomes overwhelmed.   Have Penny spend more time supporting her husband and less giving in to their pet Sheldon.   Have Lenny move out of the apartment for goodness sakes to focus on themselves.

Yeah, yeah, I know people say Penny bitches about Sheldon and Sheldon thinks Penny is not smart enough for him.   However, the strongest denial and resistance sometimes ends up being the strongest attraction over time.

Now, before I get ripped a new one by someone for addressing Shenny,  I reiterate that I do not condone it.   I just understand why some fear this is the show's endgame.

However....

As Good As It Gets was one of my favorite movies.   I see Sheldon and Amy like Melvin and Carol.    Amy makes Sheldon a better person by giving him reason to want to change because of his love for her.    Penny and Sheldon, on the other hand, antagonize each other.   Penny enables Sheldon by wanting to comfort him.   This is not always to his best benefit and stunts his growth.   Penny is also the love of his best friend's life.   Sheldon would never betray Leonard by engaging in a relationship beyond friendship with Penny.

Sheldon may do and say inappropriate things because he doesn't know any better, but he would never choose Penny over Amy because he is smart enough to see that he is Melvin, and Amy is his Carol.     Amy motivates him to want to be a better person.   Penny will joke and complain about Sheldon's childish behavior, but in the end, she gives him his toy to shut him up.  There's no challenge for Sheldon, nor a need to for him to change his behavior.   Life with Penny would get boring, whereas with Amy, there is passion in everything they do, whether it be playing, fighting, and/or loving.

Penny is spontaneous.   She likes to dominate.   Leonard is the perfect partner for her because of his submissiveness and sense of humor. She would never be satisfied with someone like Sheldon constantly correcting her and setting the pace.

Furthermore, Penny and Sheldon's interactions have almost always been about their significant others.   Penny talks to Sheldon about her concerns with Leonard and Sheldon talks to Penny about Amy.   They don't talk about each other.  They do, in fact, act like siblings and sometimes Penny as his mother.   There is the ick factor that tells me Shenny will never be.

I see no issue with the Sheldon and Penny hugging.   Sheldon has gone from hating it to only finding it irritating.    That's a far cry from freely grabbing Amy's hand, kissing, putting his arm around her, and having sex.    I don't even really see the issue with Penny being the one to console Sheldon in the bathroom.    It's what she does, while it is more important to Leonard and Amy to fight over who's pantless state ranks higher on the best one to comfort Sheldon list.    Amy and Leonard have no reason to distrust Penny or Sheldon being alone together, so why would it concern them to wonder what is going on behind the door other than the fact that Penny beat them to the consolation punch?

Without Penny, there would be no Shamy.   She's the one who encouraged Sheldon to go on his first date with Amy.   She's the one who called him on his bad behavior that prompted him to realize he was not boyfriend material before giving Amy her tiara.  She's guided Amy on how to deal with Sheldon.   She's reminded Sheldon what Amy needs in the relationship and provided advice to both of them.   She stood behind Sheldon during the break up waiting for him to figure things out on his own, and when they reconciled she was 100% on board.    She is a Shamy shipper.

Penny did not settle.   She loves Leonard.   She may question some of her decisions in life, even the time to get married, but I have no doubt at all Leonard is who she wants to be with.   Like everyone else on the show, she is also broken and has her own issues to deal with.   However, I don't think she questions the people she has chosen as her husband and her friends.   Sheldon intrigues Penny, and moments like The Intimacy Acceleration are her means of cracking open the mystery of who he is and what makes him tick.  I think she feels sorry for Sheldon and wants to protect him, but at the same time wants to see him push past his comfort zone and embrace the good things life has to offer.   Penny's love for Sheldon is of empathetic sister-like friendship.    Heck, Sheldon is practically her brother-in-law.  I don't think there is any physical or romantic attraction there.

So, while I understand the Shenny concerns and entertain them occasionally for the sake of conversation and relating to other posters, I have no worries.    Shamy and Lenny are endgame, even if they have to go through some hurdles along the way.   The writers just seem to want to keep us on our toes.

Well, I was happy Penny said no to rubbing vaporub on Sheldon's chest with his last bout of flu but didn't care for Sheldon mocking her for groping every male on the planet but him.    Now that Sheldon is sexualized, he doesn't need Penny rubbing his chest, especially with Amy several states away.

I hate hate hate the possibility of Shenny, but I am in agreement with some of the other posters.   We have reason to be skeptical that we spend 10/11 seasons shipping Lenny and 7/8 seasons shipping Shamy only to find Penny and Sheldon together in the end.    The only way to fix this fear continuously creeping into our posts is if the writer's finally give Leonard and Amy the attention and respect they deserve in their relationships to show they are solid.   Stop having Penny be the bearer of Sheldon's secrets and let Amy get to know the man she is sleeping with now.  Let Amy be Sheldon's rescuer when he becomes overwhelmed.   Have Penny spend more time supporting her husband and less giving in to their pet Sheldon.   Have Lenny move out of the apartment for goodness sakes to focus on themselves.

Yeah, yeah, I know people say Penny bitches about Sheldon and Sheldon thinks Penny is not smart enough for him.   However, the strongest denial and resistance sometimes ends up being the strongest attraction over time.

Now, before I get ripped a new one by someone for addressing Shenny,  I reiterate that I do not condone it.   I just understand why some fear this is the show's endgame.

However....

As Good As It Gets was one of my favorite movies.   I see Sheldon and Amy like Melvin and Carol.    Amy makes Sheldon a better person by giving him reason to want to change because of his love for her.    Penny and Sheldon, on the other hand, antagonize each other.   Penny enables Sheldon by wanting to comfort him.   This is not always to his best benefit and stunts his growth.   Penny is also the love of his best friend's life.   Sheldon would never betray Leonard by engaging in a relationship beyond friendship with Penny.

Sheldon may do and say inappropriate things because he doesn't know any better, but he would never choose Penny over Amy because he is smart enough to see that he is Melvin, and Amy is his Carol.     Amy motivates him to want to be a better person.   Penny will joke and complain about Sheldon's childish behavior, but in the end, she gives him his toy to shut him up.  There's no challenge for Sheldon, nor a need to for him to change his behavior.   Life with Penny would get boring, whereas with Amy, there is passion in everything they do, whether it be playing, fighting, and/or loving.

Penny is spontaneous.   She likes to dominate.   Leonard is the perfect partner for her because of his submissiveness and sense of humor. She would never be satisfied with someone like Sheldon constantly correcting her and setting the pace.

Furthermore, Penny and Sheldon's interactions have almost always been about their significant others.   Penny talks to Sheldon about her concerns with Leonard and Sheldon talks to Penny about Amy.   They don't talk about each other.  They do, in fact, act like siblings and sometimes Penny as his mother.   There is the ick factor that tells me Shenny will never be.

I see no issue with the Sheldon and Penny hugging.   Sheldon has gone from hating it to only finding it irritating.    That's a far cry from freely grabbing Amy's hand, kissing, putting his arm around her, and having sex.    I don't even really see the issue with Penny being the one to console Sheldon in the bathroom.    It's what she does, while it is more important to Leonard and Amy to fight over who's pantless state ranks higher on the best one to comfort Sheldon list.    Amy and Leonard have no reason to distrust Penny or Sheldon being alone together, so why would it concern them to wonder what is going on behind the door other than the fact that Penny beat them to the consolation punch?

Without Penny, there would be no Shamy.   She's the one who encouraged Sheldon to go on his first date with Amy.   She's the one who called him on his bad behavior that prompted him to realize he was not boyfriend material before giving Amy her tiara.  She's guided Amy on how to deal with Sheldon.   She's reminded Sheldon what Amy needs in the relationship and provided advice to both of them.   She stood behind Sheldon during the break up waiting for him to figure things out on his own, and when they reconciled she was 100% on board.    She is a Shamy shipper.

Penny did not settle.   She loves Leonard.   She may question some of her decisions in life, even the time to get married, but I have no doubt at all Leonard is who she wants to be with.   Like everyone else on the show, she is also broken and has her own issues to deal with.   However, I don't think she questions the people she has chosen as her husband and her friends.   Sheldon intrigues Penny, and moments like The Intimacy Acceleration are her means of cracking open the mystery of who he is and what makes him tick.  I think she feels sorry for Sheldon and wants to protect him, but at the same time wants to see him push past his comfort zone and embrace the good things life has to offer.   Penny's love for Sheldon is of empathetic sister-like friendship.    Heck, Sheldon is practically her brother-in-law.  I don't think there is any physical or romantic attraction there.

So, while I understand the Shenny concerns and entertain them occasionally for the sake of conversation and relating to other posters, I have no worries.    Shamy and Lenny are endgame, even if they have to go through some hurdles along the way.   The writers just seem to want to keep us on our toes.

And you just summed up.the entire show. End of.

The longer the show drags out, the more likely a scenario it becomes.  That's why I hope they end the series after Season 10.

Drags out? Actually I am enjoying season 9 as much as any other.

I just hope it stays entertaining. It still is for me. 

I know some people are saying sheldon and penny are just like brother and sister but has anyone ever watched the jerry springer show :)

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Oh god no.