Jump to content

[Spoilers] Discussion Topic: Season 9


Tensor
 Share

Recommended Posts

 

  Stop having Penny be the bearer of Sheldon's secrets and let Amy get to know the man she is sleeping with now.

I think Sheldon has let her get to know him, there are several times (from memory) where she is shown to know things about him that others don't (like his koala face - which, surprise-surprise! - Penny couldn' recognise). 

I have only watchef the entire eps up to season 5 so I might be missing sth, but can you tell me when did Sheldon choose to entrust Penny with a secret instead of Amy? And I'm aware of IA where he was following the rules so don't mention that.

 

Expecting Amy to monopolise Sheldon and Leonard to monopolise Penny - despite them being married - is an unrealistic expectation of what they will show onscreen. 

I agree. It's all about S, L and P. And it will get even more frustrating whe  Amy moves in with Sheldon because she will be a secondary character living with the star of the show, so that will cause complications.

 

 Why is Sheldon such high on the list out of all the guys? 

Honestly, I think it' s because Sheldon and Penny have great comedic chemistry and people confuse that with romantic chemistry. Also, the show is about S L and P, where L and P are together...so you can't help by wonder what if...The minute i heard about this show and its premise one of my first thoughts was wondering how many ship wars it must have produced.

 

Once again skull your talking about the charecters like they are real people who make their own choices. They aren't they are just fictional characters who do whatever the writers decide they will do

We know that, but apart from creating some crazy dream situation, thd writers would have to justify this turn of events, and for my mind that's a kind of mental gymnastics it just can't process...

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amy did force a friendship with Penny in the beginning, but it's not like Penny put up such a big fight...At least we saw her make an effort too, much later though. I hated how Amy would just go along with anything Penny said but I could understand her reasons for that.

I'm talking more about in terms of what do they talk about? IMO Penny needs a middleman to hang out with Amy and Sheldon, if they're one on one I don't buy it.

Edited by Judith
Stupid typos.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing to remember on Penny's side of things: It's easier for her to talk with Sheldon because there is nothing at risk. She has literally nothing invested in her relationship with Dr C beyond friendship. With Leonard, it is everything. That feeling of dependence, that need she has or him terrifies her even now when they are married..

What serious things other than her career choices has she spoken with Sheldon about and that was because she wasn't hearing what she wanted to hear from Leonard--she was looking for someone with a like mind in that subject. Sheldon did, because it really didn't matter to him. When push came to shove and her car was dead and things were spiraling downward even further, it was Leonard she turned to. Her best friend and the love of her life. He was the one she turned to in her time of trouble.

Now. Dr Gallo. Penny was blind sided by a stranger's intimate question. She wasn't there for analysis; she was there to work. To sell Dr Gallo her company's pharmaceuticals. To be asked that question when you are not prepared is more than jarring. Who among us would be able to give Penny's reasons: "because I love him more than life. Because I need him more than air. Because he makes me happy."

So no. This Penny/Leonard shipper has no issue with a harmless hug of Sheldon on his birthday. You know that on the next day it is likely she will be screaming her husband's (you know-the love of her life and her BEST friend) name to come get the crazy ass roommate out of the bathroom while she showers. End of rant! Gonna watch me some P/L Valentine goodness tonight!

Sent from my iPhone using

Tapatalk

I wanna marry this post and have cute little Lenny babies with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Kathy2611 said:

Wrote this on another site.  Just thought I'd drop it here too....

Is everybody forgetting the #1 couple for this show?  The one couple that is preventing Shenny from ever happening?  The one couple this entire show is based on?  It's not Shamy.  It's not Lenny.  It's Shelnard.  If tptb caused ANY type of rift (and Sheldon & Penny having any kind of romantic feelings for each other would do it) between those two guys, it would destroy the whole premise of the show (their friendship) and cause the whole gang's destruction.  On top of that, this show is a comedy.  What would possibly be funny about breaking up two couples and having one from each like each other when in 9 years, there was never a hint of it?  They've been extremely careful about anything "romantic" happening between them doesn't come from S or P themselves but ALWAYS someone else in the group.  And they've stated with numerous different scenes over and over that it's NOT going to happen and if it did after all that, it wouldn't make sense.

100% agree...Sheldon about Leonard said "This is Leonard, your best friend in the world. You can trust him for life. Sometimes he gets cranky but does so many things for you I can't even start to list" (9x10)...Leonard about Sheldon said "You are like a brother to me" (9x17). And this just during this season...

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, hokie3457 said:

One thing to remember on Penny's side of things: It's easier for her to talk with Sheldon because there is nothing at risk. She has literally nothing invested in her relationship with Dr C beyond friendship. With Leonard, it is everything. That feeling of dependence, that need she has or him terrifies her even now when they are married..

What serious things other than her career choices has she spoken with Sheldon about and that was because she wasn't hearing what she wanted to hear from Leonard--she was looking for someone with a like mind in that subject. Sheldon did, because it really didn't matter to him. When push came to shove and her car was dead and things were spiraling downward even further, it was Leonard she turned to. Her best friend and the love of her life. He was the one she turned to in her time of trouble.

Now. Dr Gallo. Penny was blind sided by a stranger's intimate question. She wasn't there for analysis; she was there to work. To sell Dr Gallo her company's pharmaceuticals. To be asked that question when you are not prepared is more than jarring. Who among us would be able to give Penny's reasons: "because I love him more than life. Because I need him more than air. Because he makes me happy."

So no. This Penny/Leonard shipper has no issue with a harmless hug of Sheldon on his birthday. You know that on the next day it is likely she will be screaming her husband's (you know-the love of her life and her BEST friend) name to come get the crazy ass roommate out of the bathroom while she showers. End of rant! Gonna watch me some P/L Valentine goodness tonight!

Sent from my iPhone using

Tapatalk

I really don't plan theses things, but here I:clapping: am your # 10 poster again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, hokie3457 said:

One thing to remember on Penny's side of things: It's easier for her to talk with Sheldon because there is nothing at risk. She has literally nothing invested in her relationship with Dr C beyond friendship. With Leonard, it is everything. That feeling of dependence, that need she has or him terrifies her even now when they are married..

What serious things other than her career choices has she spoken with Sheldon about and that was because she wasn't hearing what she wanted to hear from Leonard--she was looking for someone with a like mind in that subject. Sheldon did, because it really didn't matter to him. When push came to shove and her car was dead and things were spiraling downward even further, it was Leonard she turned to. Her best friend and the love of her life. He was the one she turned to in her time of trouble.

Now. Dr Gallo. Penny was blind sided by a stranger's intimate question. She wasn't there for analysis; she was there to work. To sell Dr Gallo her company's pharmaceuticals. To be asked that question when you are not prepared is more than jarring. Who among us would be able to give Penny's reasons: "because I love him more than life. Because I need him more than air. Because he makes me happy."

So no. This Penny/Leonard shipper has no issue with a harmless hug of Sheldon on his birthday. You know that on the next day it is likely she will be screaming her husband's (you know-the love of her life and her BEST friend) name to come get the crazy ass roommate out of the bathroom while she showers. End of rant! Gonna watch me some P/L Valentine goodness tonight!

Sent from my iPhone using

Tapatalk

I rewatched "The Sales Call Sublimation" last night and Penny's "I don't wanna" struck me completely differently this time than it had before. I never thought Penny's "I don't wanna" meant anything bad about her love for Leonard, but I had remembered it as Dr. Gallo directly asking Penny why she married Leonard, and she didn't ask that at all. She said "Let's talk about why you married Leonard." This was immediately after hitting Penny with "What were you thinking? [sending your husband in here to talk to me for you]"  when Penny thought she was just in a regular sales call.

So in Penny's mind it was like:

Penny: Let's close this deal so I can go eat lunch. "So do you have any questions?"

Dr. Gallo: "Yeah, what were you thinking sending your husband in here to pretend to be a patient?"

Penny: Shit, I'm busted.  "Um, I meant questions about the medication."

Dr. Gallo: "Let's talk about why you married Leonard."

Penny: Oh crap, now she wants to analyze me. "I don't wanna."

I'd have said "I don't wanna" too!

Edited by Gbb
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Gbb said:

I rewatched "The Sales Call Sublimation" last night and Penny's "I don't wanna" struck me completely differently this time than it had before. I never thought Penny's "I don't wanna" meant anything bad about her love for Leonard, but I had remembered it as Dr. Gallo directly asking Penny why she married Leonard, and she didn't ask that at all. She said "Let's talk about why you married Leonard." This was immediately after hitting Penny with "What were you thinking? [sending your husband in here to talk to me for you]"  when Penny thought she was just in a regular sales call.

So in Penny's mind it was like:

Penny: Let's close this deal so I can go eat lunch. "So do you have any questions?"

Dr. Gallo: "Yeah, what were you thinking sending your husband in here to pretend to be a patient?"

Penny: Shit, I'm busted.  "Um, I meant questions about the medication."

Dr. Gallo: "Let's talk about why you married Leonard."

Penny: Oh crap, now she wants to analyze me. "I don't wanna."

I'd have said "I don't wanna" too!

Yeah I never got a bad impression from Penny saying "I don't wanna" because I saw it the way you do -- like when Dr. Gallo called her out on sending in her husband to help her make a sale, she was basically asked "what was your train of thought sending in someone to butter me up? why would you do that? and why you husband? because you knew he loves you and would do it for you? let's analyze why you married your husband..." and Penny's thought was (as mine would have been!) oh great, she wants to break down my life and tell me I'm manipulative and talk about my childhood which will make me feel bad about myself and then tell me she can fix me... I really don't need a stranger telling me she knows me... so she simply said "I don't wanna..." 

and if I were in Penny's position trying to make a sale and I was asked that question I would also think "umm, that's not why I'm here and that's none of your business!" it's almost as if Dr. Gallo was turning the tables and trying to make a sale herself (for her services)!! 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, hokie3457 said:

One thing to remember on Penny's side of things: It's easier for her to talk with Sheldon because there is nothing at risk. She has literally nothing invested in her relationship with Dr C beyond friendship. With Leonard, it is everything. That feeling of dependence, that need she has or him terrifies her even now when they are married..

What serious things other than her career choices has she spoken with Sheldon about and that was because she wasn't hearing what she wanted to hear from Leonard--she was looking for someone with a like mind in that subject. Sheldon did, because it really didn't matter to him. When push came to shove and her car was dead and things were spiraling downward even further, it was Leonard she turned to. Her best friend and the love of her life. He was the one she turned to in her time of trouble.

Now. Dr Gallo. Penny was blind sided by a stranger's intimate question. She wasn't there for analysis; she was there to work. To sell Dr Gallo her company's pharmaceuticals. To be asked that question when you are not prepared is more than jarring. Who among us would be able to give Penny's reasons: "because I love him more than life. Because I need him more than air. Because he makes me happy."

So no. This Penny/Leonard shipper has no issue with a harmless hug of Sheldon on his birthday. You know that on the next day it is likely she will be screaming her husband's (you know-the love of her life and her BEST friend) name to come get the crazy ass roommate out of the bathroom while she showers. End of rant! Gonna watch me some P/L Valentine goodness tonight!

Sent from my iPhone using

Tapatalk

 

2 hours ago, Gbb said:

I rewatched "The Sales Call Sublimation" last night and Penny's "I don't wanna" struck me completely differently this time than it had before. I never thought Penny's "I don't wanna" meant anything bad about her love for Leonard, but I had remembered it as Dr. Gallo directly asking Penny why she married Leonard, and she didn't ask that at all. She said "Let's talk about why you married Leonard." This was immediately after hitting Penny with "What were you thinking? [sending your husband in here to talk to me for you]"  when Penny thought she was just in a regular sales call.

So in Penny's mind it was like:

Penny: Let's close this deal so I can go eat lunch. "So do you have any questions?"

Dr. Gallo: "Yeah, what were you thinking sending your husband in here to pretend to be a patient?"

Penny: Shit, I'm busted.  "Um, I meant questions about the medication."

Dr. Gallo: "Let's talk about why you married Leonard."

Penny: Oh crap, now she wants to analyze me. "I don't wanna."

I'd have said "I don't wanna" too!

 

1 hour ago, FortCozyMcBlanket said:

Yeah I never got a bad impression from Penny saying "I don't wanna" because I saw it the way you do -- like when Dr. Gallo called her out on sending in her husband to help her make a sale, she was basically asked "what was your train of thought sending in someone to butter me up? why would you do that? and why you husband? because you knew he loves you and would do it for you? let's analyze why you married your husband..." and Penny's thought was (as mine would have been!) oh great, she wants to break down my life and tell me I'm manipulative and talk about my childhood which will make me feel bad about myself and then tell me she can fix me... I really don't need a stranger telling me she knows me... so she simply said "I don't wanna..." 

and if I were in Penny's position trying to make a sale and I was asked that question I would also think "umm, that's not why I'm here and that's none of your business!" it's almost as if Dr. Gallo was turning the tables and trying to make a sale herself (for her services)!! 

I agree she might have been blindsided... but that only for the first part of that scene... later she got pretty comfortable... but still could not muster one nice thing about leonard..... not even one......which simply shows how unhappy she is with her marriage and situation.....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JE7 said:

Huh.... I thought The BIGGEST BIG BANG SUPRISE EVER was that like Data Sheldon is fully functional

Nah, Sheldon told us long ago that his genitals were functional and aesthetically pleasing.

 

 

Edited by Gbb
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Gbb said:

I rewatched "The Sales Call Sublimation" last night and Penny's "I don't wanna" struck me completely differently this time than it had before. I never thought Penny's "I don't wanna" meant anything bad about her love for Leonard, but I had remembered it as Dr. Gallo directly asking Penny why she married Leonard, and she didn't ask that at all. She said "Let's talk about why you married Leonard." This was immediately after hitting Penny with "What were you thinking? [sending your husband in here to talk to me for you]"  when Penny thought she was just in a regular sales call.

So in Penny's mind it was like:

Penny: Let's close this deal so I can go eat lunch. "So do you have any questions?"

Dr. Gallo: "Yeah, what were you thinking sending your husband in here to pretend to be a patient?"

Penny: Shit, I'm busted.  "Um, I meant questions about the medication."

Dr. Gallo: "Let's talk about why you married Leonard."

Penny: Oh crap, now she wants to analyze me. "I don't wanna."

I'd have said "I don't wanna" too!

That's exactly how I saw it, too. And again, this is Penny we're talking about. She's not generous when it comes to showing her feelings. So some stranger catching her off guard and suddenly asking her about things that are deeply personal? Her responding with "I don't wanna..." was perfectly in character. We know why she married Leonard. And so does she.

"You're a great guy", "Why can't all guys be like you?", "Sometimes I forget how smart you are" etc., and on top of that he's her best friend.

Penny: Leonard and I got married.

Wyatt: Are you happy?

Penny: Very. Leonard is so great.

Wyatt: Then I'm happy for you.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, meka3000 said:

-That's called a coincidence.

-Or it's because your determined to read into any scene what you want to see, and hardly IF EVER take nuance into account.  Because you've clearly made up your mind on these characters, instead of being willing to be flexible in your interpretation.

- why is it a coincidence?? ... it simply can be a choice of priorities..... she choose to remember sheldon and amy's birthday...while could'nt care enough to remember leonard's.....

- I can say the same for you too....but I am here to talk about the show and its characters... unlike you ..where in your every reply to my posts...u always seem to insult me.... 

Edited by vasu
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, vasu said:

- why is it a coincidence?? ... is simply can be a choice of priorities..... she choose to remember sheldon and amy's birthday...while could'nt care enough to remember leonard's.....

- I can say the same for you too....but I am here to talk about the show and its characters... unlike you ..where in your every reply to my posts...u always seem to insult me.... 

Vasu, you're a Punk! ......and I like it!  :pioneer:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.