[Spoilers] Discussion Topic: Season 9

Tensor

10 minutes ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

Raj is gonna try and bang them both and further cement his place as the worst character on this show.

I really hate this cus I like Kunal :( 

OMG Raj is such a mess! I dearly hope against hope that he gets his shit together at some point but right now it looks like it'll only get worse before it gets better.

At least Kunal has more than three lines in this, I guess??? ugh

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

Raj is gonna try and bang them both and further cement his place as the worst character on this show.

I really hate this cus I like Kunal :( 

I have a feeling Claire will never be seen again.

8 minutes ago, April said:

OMG Raj is such a mess! I dearly hope against hope that he gets his shit together at some point but right now it looks like it'll only get worse before it gets better.

I actually think if he was ending in bed with one of them I'm glad it was Emily. She seems to actually care about him in that way he made the right decision.

Edited by Chrismo
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, April said:

Yeah be careful what you wish for huh? :icon_rolleyes:

Watching a guy either
A: Fall back into a relationship with someone he doesn't love just so he isn't lonely
B: Mess two girls around
or C: Douche his away around the 'field'

all sound pretty awful to me so, for once, I hope the writers surprise me here! Poor Kunal :(   

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

I actually think if he was ending in bed with one of them I'm glad it was Emily. She seems to actually care about him in that way he made the right decision.

I don't know about that, yet. The thing is I quite liked Emily - even with her creepy side because at least she had a geeky streak in her with that. But the TR seems to imply that the writers are framing her as being manipulative and everyone is advising Raj against going back to her and Idk, it'd be a pity if she just ended up as the bad gal in this. Or maybe that's just me and her creepiness was supposed to be a serious red flag (beyond her incompatibility with Raj's sweetheart side)????

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

Yeah be careful what you wish for huh? :icon_rolleyes:

Watching a guy either
A: Fall back into a relationship with someone he doesn't love just so he isn't lonely
B: Mess two girls around
or C: Douche his away around the 'field'

all sound pretty awful to me so, for once, I hope the writers surprise me here! Poor Kunal :(   

r_011.gif.98352eccdd45f6d9bdf11eb3c25db2

:shy:

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, April said:

I don't know about that, yet. The thing is I quite liked Emily - even with her creepy side because at least she had a geeky streak in her with that. But the TR seems to imply that the writers are framing her as being manipulative and everyone is advising Raj against going back to her and Idk, it'd be a pity if she just ended up as the bad gal in this. Or maybe that's just me and her creepiness was supposed to be a serious red flag (beyond her incompatibility with Raj's sweetheart side)????

It has become so hard for me to be surprised by the writers.
Do you remember the hate between Penny and Emily? :icon_rolleyes: LOL

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, April said:

I have a feeling the show might look slightly different than the TR. They usually are. The girls seem to be hanging with Emily, at least implied, in an earlier episode this season. Her valentines gift to Raj seemed sweet though. The creepiness hasn't been shown this season. I agree with you on the TR why they are advising him not to see Emily. There must be more to this?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, veejay said:

It has become so hard for me to be surprised by the writers.
Do you remember the hate between Penny and Emily? :icon_rolleyes: LOL

I keep wondering how much of that was because of Laura being busy?? Like, Emily initially hit it off with Amy of all people and nothing ever came out of that either. It would have been such an interesting storyline for our girls team to see where Emily fits into the group with Amy liking her and Penny hating her.

WE COULD HAVE HAD IT AAAAALLL.mp3

6 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

I have a feeling the show might look slightly different than the TR. They usually are. The girls seem to be hanging with Emily, at least implied, in an earlier episode this season. Her valentines gift to Raj seemed sweet though. The creepiness hasn't been shown this season. I agree with you on the TR why they are advising him not to see Emily. There must be more to this?

I sure hope it'll make more sense in context cause right now I don't exactly see the manipulation but maybe the dialogue makes is clearer.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, April said:

I keep wondering how much of that was because of Laura being busy?? Like, Emily initially hit it off with Amy of all people and nothing ever came out of that either. It would have been such an interesting storyline for our girls team to see where Emily fits into the group with Amy liking her and Penny hating her.

WE COULD HAVE HAD IT AAAAALLL.mp3

I sure hope it'll make more sense in context cause right now I don't exactly see the manipulation but maybe the dialogue makes is clearer.

I think Claire said he was manipulated by Emily, maybe she said so just because she wanted the guy for herself. Wow, Raj point of contention between two women, that's really a surprise! And the girls seem now to be also Emily's friends, maybe they suggested Raj to not meet her because they know he is not really interested in her, they want her to be with a man who actually loves her. I agree with those of you who said that so far Emily can do a lot better. I never liked her character, but at the moment I like Raj even less than Emily. Anyway,  I got the impression from the interviews I read recently that he would have struggled a while to manage a post-break up relationship with Emily, and sleeping with her I guess it's part of that "struggle".

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Chiany said:

Why on earth would Emily take him back, let alone sleep with him?

She can do so much better.

Agreed(there's a first). There must be something in her past. I would think she would have no problem attracting a lot of guys.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Chiany said:

Remember these are the same writers that had Leonard kiss a girl and, out of character, wait to tell Penny two years later, while he told Priya the same day after he did something much worse.

Anyway, Raj has always been a little bit of an ass, Howard told Penny that early on and we have seen it before with him.  So now that he can talk and seems to be able to get girls, why should you expect him to be any different?  Why can't he be the bad boy jerk of the group, it does make things more interesting.  I think it would be funny to see him trying to juggle two girls on the down low for a couple of episodes until he either can't manage it anymore or gets caught.  Plus is it just me or does Claire feel like a she goes with the gang better than Emily.

Bottom line, since I am a Leonard fan, it is funny when the crap happens to someone else (Raj).

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SRAM said:

Remember these are the same writers that had Leonard kiss a girl and, out of character, wait to tell Penny two years later, while he told Priya the same day after he did something much worse.

Anyway, Raj has always been a little bit of an ass, Howard told Penny that early on and we have seen it before with him.  So now that he can talk and seems to be able to get girls, why should you expect him to be any different?  Why can't he be the bad boy jerk of the group, it does make things more interesting.  I think it would be funny to see him trying to juggle two girls on the down low for a couple of episodes until he either can't manage it anymore or gets caught.  Plus is it just me or does Claire feel like a she goes with the gang better than Emily.

Bottom line, since I am a Leonard fan, it is funny when the crap happens to someone else (Raj).

But my question was why Emily took him back, not why Raj did it.

• Like 3

I'm not getting Claire or Emily now frankly...Emily didn't look heartbroken when Raj broke up with her and instead was angry that he chose to do it before V-Day. Was she expecting it, didn't care, or what?? And Claire looked a bit flabbergasted when hearing Raj broke up with Emily right before V-Day and even called him an ass. I never saw a "connection" between the two of them and she merely looked like someone interested in getting the story for her project.

So is Claire just looking for a rebound hookup because of her failed reconciliation with her BF? If Raj just wants to get laid then okay, but knowing how he is that isn't his end game. And Emily, why would she try to get Raj back now? She's smart, she perceived that Raj may have wanted to break up in 8.24 at the cemetery but Raj chickened out. Now he HAS broken up with her. What the heck is going through HER mind??

I thought Emily, and even Claire, was pretty grounded and bravo for them both for not falling for Raj's b.s. In the V-Day episode, but now I'm not so sure! Maybe the only explanation is that Emily IS just manipulating Raj. But I can't imagine for what purpose....

I like Emily a lot, and was good with that "creepy" side too because she was so open and self aware with it. I just hope the writers don't turn her into a dark, scary character now lol....

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Chiany said:

Indeed she can do better, as Sheldon pointed out on the bus. But does she want to do better ?

She metaphorically  moved to Midwich as soon as she got involved with Rajesh. You can't get out of there. Look how many times Penny tried. (Leonard says four )  Not even Amy could get away.  Amy found 'better' too boring - as I took it from what she said about 'missing this' at the aquarium.

Or maybe it's the Twilight Zone they live in. A relationship with any of 'the guys' is going to be out of the ordinary to say the least,  and Emily likes weird stuff.  If she's pregnant she's stuck with Rajesh in her life for ever anyway assuming the child  -( or the twins of his imagination ) survives - so all in all she might as well have him back .

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

Indeed she can do better, as Sheldon pointed out on the bus. But does she want to do better ?

She metaphorically  moved to Midwich as soon as she got involved with Rajesh. You can't get out of there. Look how many times Penny tried. (Leonard says four )  Not even Amy could get away.  Amy found 'better' too boring - as I took it from what she said about 'missing this' at the aquarium.

Or maybe it's the Twilight Zone they live in. A relationship with any of 'the guys' is going to be out of the ordinary to say the least,  and Emily likes weird stuff.  If she's pregnant she's stuck with Rajesh in her life for ever anyway assuming the child  -( or the twins of his imagination ) survives - so all in all she might as well have him back .

This is reminding me of the line from Hotel California 

"You can check-out any time you like, But you can never leave!"

• Like 5

7 hours ago, SRAM said:

I don't like when they put any of the characters in a bad light.  None of the characters are perfect and they all have their quirks, but some characters are condemned for their flaws and mistakes worse than others.

Raj might be an ass at times, but he has his good moments.  Raj arranged and decorated the rooftop for Howard and Bernadette's wedding, and he arranged the texting date in the library with Lucy which was so unique and sweet. Raj even seemed to get along better with Yvette (the vet who treated Cinnamon) than Claire, so these recent developments seem strange.  

Raj already tried the dating two girls at one time after meeting Emily, but wanting to give Lucy another chance after Lucy dumped Raj. Raj was honest with both Lucy and Emily.  Emily was more understanding, prompting Raj to tell Lucy, "Emily's cool with it.  Why can't you be more like Emily?"  Even after Raj and Emily started dating, Emily was seeing another guy, prompting Raj to get jealous at the movie theater, before Raj and Emily got more serious.  I just never saw enough of their relationship to have a strong opinion.

Leonard might have cheated on Priya, but he felt so guilty, he confessed to Alice and Priya, even though Priya would have probably never found out.  Priya's cheating behavior was also worse than Leonard's, and since Priya was not a series regular, the impact of the mistake was not permanent. 

However, Season 9, the writers have inflicted consequential damage on Raj, Amy, Stuart, and Leonard's characters. Some might argue Sheldon's character as well, but the painful breakup (where Amy is blamed on multiple accounts) and the primary focus on Sheldon's reaction minimized much of Sheldon's prior behavior without lasting consequences. I thought Kripke, Wil, and Leslie (even though I like all three of them too) and other antagonist characters were supposed to make things difficult because they are not as well known.

Even Penny's mistakes with Raj and Zach were minimalized or negated by Leonard's lack of resentment of unfortunately overreaction respectively (I feel so bad for Leonard sometimes).  It is such a shame the writers choose to inflict such drama because I want to like all the series regular characters.

Between Howardette, Lenny, and Shamy, I am a little sick of the breakup and reconcile theme, but if seems to be popular with the writers.  I just hope Raj (as well as all the other characters) find their way personally and professionally without hurting one another anymore. Playful joking among friends is one thing.  Hurting your significant other or spouse, intentionally or unintentionally, is hard to continue watching.

Edited by HopefulSuccess
  • Like 7

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic