Jump to content

[Spoilers] Discussion Topic: Season 9


Tensor
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

I don't recall Penny hating Emily.

The Hook Up Reverberation. When Penny invited Raj and Emily over to straighten out what happened when they hooked up. When they both left they turned to the door and both said "I hate her."

It was a mutual hate between both of them but now they seem to include Emily in the girl's nights.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Cindi May said:

Still strange that it happened off-camera.

No more strange, IMO, than Lenny's relationship as newlyweds and all that comes with that, and the reason Amy decided to take Sheldon as status quo.  Off screen land is an interesting place...

Edited by Denise07
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Denise07 said:

No more strange, IMO, than Lenny's relationship as newlyweds and all that comes with that, and the reason Amy decided to take Sheldon as status quo.  Off screen land is an interesting place...

If only we could get some of that ON screen...

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Denise07 said:

No more strange, IMO, than Lenny's relationship as newlyweds and all that comes with that, and the reason Amy decided to take Sheldon as status quo.  Off screen land is an interesting place...

I imagine we all carry different versions of behind the scenes in our heads. The writers get to have their cake and eat it too.

Just an afterthought but I think Bob Dillon and others built their careers that way. The answer is just blowing in the wind.

Edited by djsurrey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, HopefulSuccess said:

I don't like when they put any of the characters in a bad light.  None of the characters are perfect and they all have their quirks, but some characters are condemned for their flaws and mistakes worse than others.

Leonard might have cheated on Priya, but he felt so guilty, he confessed to Alice and Priya, even though Priya would have probably never found out.  Priya's cheating behavior was also worse than Leonard's, and since Priya was not a series regular, the impact of the mistake was not permanent. 

However, Season 9, the writers have inflicted permanent damage on Raj, Amy, Stuart, and Leonard's characters. Some might argue Sheldon's character as well, but the painful breakup (where Amy is blamed on multiple accounts) and the primary focus on Sheldon's reaction minimized much of Sheldon's prior behavior without lasting consequences. I thought Kripke, Wil, and other antagonist characters were supposed to make things difficult.

Even Penny's mistakes with Raj and Zach were minimalized or negated by Leonard's lack of resentment of unfortunately overreaction respectively (I feel so bad for Leonard sometimes).  It is such a shame the writers choose to inflict such permanent damage because I want to like all the series regular characters.

Also, Raj might be an ass at times, but he has his good moments.  Raj arranged and decorated the rooftop for Howard and Bernadette's wedding, and he arranged the texting date in the library with Lucy which was so unique and sweet. Raj even seemed to get along better with Yvette (the vet who treated Cinnamon) than Claire, so these recent developments seem strange.

In addition, Raj already tried the dating two girls at one time after meeting Emily, but wanting to give Lucy another chance after Lucy dumped Raj.  Raj was honest with both Lucy and Emily.  Emily was more understanding, prompting Raj to tell Lucy, "Emily's cool with it.  Why can't you be more like Emily?"  

Even after Raj and Emily started dating, Emily was seeing other guys, prompting Raj to get jealous at the movie theater, before Raj and Emily got more serious.  I just never saw enough of their relationship to have a strong opinion either way.  

Between Howardette, Lenny, and Shamy, I am a little sick of the breakup and reconcile theme, but if seems to be popular with the writers.  I just hope Raj (as well as all the other characters) find their way personally and professionally without hurting one another anymore. Playful joking among friends is one thing.  Hurting your significant other or spouse, intentionally or unintentionally, is hard to watch.

I don't think they actually ruined any characters, but I don't think I really disliked Amy during the break up storyline. To be fair, I do think that storyline was out of character.

 
 
I never understood how Sheldon being honest with her and not having a complete control of his mind was a valid reason for a break up, and how much prior actions can be taken in consideration, which wasn't even discussed. (Yes, she didn't break up over him immediately after that make out session, but that started everything.) Are people in a relationship supposed to hold grudge against one another for years? Which actions could have build up towards the break up and which couldn't? That storyline was a mess from the beginning.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, nibbler747 said:

He can drive.  Amy taught him (off camera) in Season 8 I think?  He told Leonard in one scene and he was shocked.

Lol yeah not very well. Im just saying most of the series he needed Leonard to drive him or Penny. Remember s2 when he just couldn't grasp the concept haha.

23 minutes ago, Mislav said:

I don't think they actually ruined any characters, but I don't think I really disliked Amy during the break up storyline. To be fair, I do think that storyline was out of character.

 
 
I never understood how Sheldon being honest with her and not having a complete control of his mind was a valid reason for a break up, and how much prior actions can be taken in consideration, which wasn't even discussed. (Yes, she didn't break up over him immediately after that make out session, but that started everything.) Are people in a relationship supposed to hold grudge against one another for years? Which actions could have build up towards the break up and which couldn't? That storyline was a mess from the beginning.

Sheldons mistreatment. And inconsistent behaviour towards Amy was more then a valid reason. Sheldon needed to stop.taking Amy for granted. So.the time apart helped.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Lol yeah not very well. Im just saying most of the series he needed Leonard to drive him or Penny. Remember s2 when he just couldn't grasp the concept haha.

Sheldons mistreatment. And inconsistent behaviour towards Amy was more then a valid reason. Sheldon needed to stop.taking Amy for granted. So.the time apart helped.

That still doesn't account to any of the inconsistencies and confusing "logic" that I have mentioned.

 
 
Only because now things are fine doesn't mean that the break up was necessary or well written. Basically, the time apart must have helped because they are happy now, when they are back together.
 
Do you enjoy re-watching Lenny break up storylines from seasons three and four because they eventually ended up together?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And until he does drive himself, he doesn't drive.

He drove Penny to hospital before, maybe he does drive at other times but we just don't see it

He needs a car to drive and I'm sure if he did, it would have been mentioned.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, rachelshamyfan said:

He drove Penny to hospital before, maybe he does drive at other times but we just don't see it

He's not gonna start driving until his personal chauffeurs stop driving him around all the time! and why would he?

It is much nicer to sit back and be driven around, it's my personal preference :wink: 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

He's not gonna start driving until his personal chauffeurs stop driving him around all the time! and why would he?

It is much nicer to sit back and be driven around, it's my personal preference :wink: 

Barley got Penny their in one piece lol. Def does not mean he drives. Not saying theirs anything wrong with that. Just stating some facts.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.