[Spoilers] Discussion Topic: Season 9

Tensor

She wasent mad at Zack she had compared him to Leonard and found him wanting she was mad at Leonard for ruining dumb guys for her

I am not sure why but you have truely embraced the slut Penny meme 

Edited by JE7

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, SRAM said:

18 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Were sure as Penny had no recollection. I dont get your logic of two consenting adults. What that made it okay. To sleep with some one within the group. That is crossing so many boundaries its not even funny. If were talking consenting hrte. Gi to a bar pick up some random guy. Dont go to your exes Apt, and Randomly drunk hook up with YOUR exes so called bff in his bed, that is not okay.  It was just sloppy sloppy writing. Yes Penny wss accountable. She's a big ol five. But the fact Raj had more recollection, and Penny had none. You have to think.Raj had an agenda. And prob should hv been the more responsible one. But again this is tptb putting their characters under a bus and their characterisation under a bus for a plot twist. Just careless. But its five seasons ago. Time to move on. As with Leonard "cheating".

Having no recollection doesn't mean Penny didn't initiate the 'sex' with Raj though. You can't get anything from that except that she was very drunk. However, Raj was also very drunk and, as he had his little mishap while she was putting the condom on him, we can deduce that she was a willing participant.

You are also discounting Penny and Raj's relationship.  They are friends. They care about each other. Neck a few bottles together and hey, whatdya know, they fancy each other too. It's not comparible to picking up a stranger in a bar. The sex happened because they have a connection. I doubt Penny, as a single girl, would ever pick up Raj if he was just a stranger in a bar. The sex happened because of the friendship, understanding and mutual admiration between them.

11 minutes ago, ATOB said:

You are also discounting Penny and Raj's relationship.  They are friends. They care about each other.

Raj cares for no one but Raj, he has on many occasions shown that he will put his personal desires before anything or anyone else

There is no mutual respect or caring where he is concerned

Edited by JE7

2 minutes ago, JE7 said:

Raj cares for no one but Raj, he has on many occasions shown that he will put his personal desires before anything or anyone else

Raj cared about getting into Pennys pants lol. They are friends how? He constantly brags about being the 3 sec man. Penny has disdain towards Raj far as ive concerned. So the justification is oh they are friends it makes it ok? Lol. That's a reason why itt was wrong. Honesty show apologists. Penny Raj was the worst thing the show ever did, periord 

19 minutes ago, Mislav said:

Sheldon and Amy were originally just friends too. They weren't "teasing out the nookie" for five years. And they did break up and get back together later too, only not after already having sex.

I didn't see your point. I thought it was about: Sheldon has a girl, what will he do with her, and  will the inevitable happen, or won't it. The audience was teased for years. So many electrons pushed and carbon emitted putting up ff. We love the tease. This one was distinguished from others because the only obstacle to it was Sheldon. Amy was keen fairly early on - if not at first. 

1 hour ago, A.D.A. said:

Leonard, well... yeah, he's also a douche. Kissing that woman on the boat is one thing, we know Leonard sometimes has a hard time saying no to women - which is a problem -, but keeping it secret for two years? That's just not okay. The sad thing about that is that it's quite hard to blame the character because it's so blatantly obvious it was written in later on (I remember an episode in the interim period of boat and confession where he said he didn't lie to Penny and Amy and Bernadette told him they knew that and if by that point something had been planned in the cheating direction, I don't think he could have said it so matter-of-factly, or if he could have, it makes him look even worse). Sorry, Leonard, your characterisation fell prey to the season-end plot twist.

but with what happened in the show ...... he said it in a matter of factly way.....all the while knowing he cheated on penny when he was on the boat......he did'nt even tell her when they engaged.......

so it makes a him a huge douche....

2 hours ago, vasu said:

it was clear in the show the raj was also drunk.... so how do we know who made the first move.... no one knows.....it could easily have been penny.....and raj could have obliged.....

Raj knows because he remembered what happened that night and stated so in the next episode. Obviously Penny didn't or she wouldn't of had to ask him what happened.

2 minutes ago, vasu said:

but with what happened in the show ...... he said it in a matter of factly way.....all the while knowing he cheated on penny when he was on the boat......he did'nt even tell her when they engaged.......

so it makes a him a huge douche....

There is no universal consensus on douche other than its a French word for shower. There is a medical or hygienic connotation. But I think you are using it in a possibly misogynist sense, because unless it's gendered it makes no sense that it be an term of abuse.  And do you want to be that? Otherwise it's a bit ridiculous. It's like calling him an "eye washer". :) 

And Penny is a healthy women with very natural inlinations, not what people enjoy shaming her as. :) 

Everyone is so quick to throw the "slut" label around so freely.   Raj and Penny were both single, if they want to fool around that's their business.  At most they were both guilty of being bad friends to the others.  Raj to Leonard, and Penny to Leonard.

27 minutes ago, Nogravitasatall said:

There is no universal consensus on douche other than its a French word for shower. There is a medical or hygienic connotation. But I think you are using it in a possibly misogynist sense, because unless it's gendered it makes no sense that it be an term of abuse.  And do you want to be that? Otherwise it's a bit ridiculous. It's like calling him an "eye washer". :) 

And Penny is a healthy women with very natural inlinations, not what people enjoy shaming her as. :) 

umm.. I am not sure I understand what you posted....

thought I never did blame penny for "sleeping" with raj...........

and neither did i call leonard a douche because he kissed a girl on the boat.......I called him a douche because he purposefully lied to penny for 2 years.....

1 hour ago, JE7 said:

I'm not a Raj apologist. He is characterised as a selfish brat. All the characters are victims of their own personal circumstance and play out accordingly. Now, as he is rich and spoilt, I very much suspect there will be no happy ending for him. Unless of course he meets the love of his life and gives up all his wealth to be with her due to his parents (most likely depicted racist) disapproval. TV tropes are kinda like that. Redemption is rewarded.

11 minutes ago, vasu said:

11 minutes ago, vasu said:

and neither did i call leonard a douche because he kissed a girl on the boat.......I called him a douche because he purposefully lied to penny for 2 years.....

He never lied to her. penny never asked.

1 hour ago, Chrismo said:

Raj knows because he remembered what happened that night and stated so in the next episode. Obviously Penny didn't or she wouldn't of had to ask him what happened.

ok...still this does not prove who made the first move....

lets assume your logic is right....then leonard remembered he kissed the girl on the boat and if I remember correclty...the girl on the boat had no idea she kissed leonard.....

so leonard actually initiated their makeout session.....which makes him an even bigger douche.....

Will you even consider the possibility that Raj had an agenda? His actions in the episode can easily be read that way and are by many people or are you convinced that blame MUST be shared out of some seanse of fairness?

Plainly stated:

Do you think they must be equally to blame so as to be "fair"?

The purpose of this forum is to discuss TBBT not social norms or to debate gender politics that argument IMO is outside the show and reaches into personal politics which is not what we are here to discuss

Edited by JE7

7 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

@vasu. Okay just need to get this around my head because i cant take you seriously until you explain this. someone that hates Leonard with a passion. Just one question... why the fuck have you got Leonard on your avatar?

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

That's what I was just thinking!!! LOL

23 minutes ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

Happy Big Bang Theory Day peeps!

I'm looking forward to the episode and all the BTS interviews and stuff :)

tumblr_nv7q3puWuA1tdsq91o1_250.gif.f2fed

Honestly I won't watch it till later, I am just not that excited about a 200th episode salute to Sheldon. Even with Adam West

Edited by JE7

39 minutes ago, JE7 said:

Will you even consider the possibility that Raj had an agenda? His actions in the episode can easily be read that way and are by many people or are you convinced that blame MUST be shared out of some seanse of fairness?

Plainly stated:

Do you think they must be equally to blame so as to be "fair"?

The purpose of this forum is to discuss TBBT not social norms or to debate gender politics that argument IMO is outside the show and reaches into personal politics which is not what we are here to discuss

My take was that she is saying that there should be no blame, as neither party did anything wrong.  It was their personal business.  But posters on here are quick to blame either Raj for "taking advantage" or Penny for being "slutty when drunk".  

3 minutes ago, JE7 said:Honestly I won't watch it till later, I am just not that excited about a 200th episode salute to Sheldon. Even with Adam West

I get what you are saying but I don't think the episode is a salute to Sheldon. I think what people will remember more is what happens in the episode  and what it causes in the future. Most people by next Wednedsay will be talking about the last two weeks  tapings more than tonight's show . The birthday itself will soon be forgotten. 

OK,  Posts have been hidden for comments about other posters.  There are several that have been hidden, for now,  while we discuss some aspects of those posts. Others have been hidden for referencing other hidden post.

I'm going to reopen the thread, however, let's keep the discussion focused on the show.  If you want to discuss things other than the show, take it to the Chit Chat thread in season 9 or the Chit Chat forum.

16 hours ago, Nogravitasatall said:

I didn't see your point. I thought it was about: Sheldon has a girl, what will he do with her, and  will the inevitable happen, or won't it. The audience was teased for years. So many electrons pushed and carbon emitted putting up ff. We love the tease. This one was distinguished from others because the only obstacle to it was Sheldon. Amy was keen fairly early on - if not at first. 

My point was that the things you stated about Shamy were incorrect. They weren't a couple right away and coitus wasn't an issue for five years. They were originally just friends too, they broke up too and eventually got back together, they aren't completely different from Lenny in that aspect. 

Only because Amy wanted to have sex, doesn't mean that she was ready. Her view of sex seemed pretty immature for quite a while. You can still argue that Sheldon was the sole reason it didn't happen until recently, but it it had happened before, it wouldn't have been convincing nor fair to either characters. That was not just Sheldon's fault. Also, I don't think that "coitus dilemma" was the only interesting thing about Shamy.

Guys,I don t want to change subject but I want to ask you if you think that TBBT will have a 11 season and others?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

I ask this for the considerations of Hollywood Reporter's article:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/big-bang-theory-evolution-how-869049

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk