[Spoilers] Discussion Topic: Season 9

Tensor

10 hours ago, Carlos said:

Not to put too fine of a point on it, but you know "Flo" makes 5 million/year, right?

No I didn't, well maybe not as popular as Flo, maybe more like the AT&T girl or the Toyota Girl.  Please don't tell me that they make millions a year too.

6 hours ago, wowbagger said:

Leonard's dad! Holy shit! and Judd Hirsch! HOLY SHIT! Show, if you pass up this opportunity to put Hirsch and Baranski in the same room together- and, worse, if you waste this appearance like you did Meemaw's- I will never, ever forgive you.

Come oooonnnnnnn, proper exploration of Leonard's issues! Maybe, just maybe precipitating a discussion of living arrangements! Please not, for the love of God, some toothless filler where Leonard's dad spends the entire episode telling Leonard how hot his wife is, and- I don't know- liking Sheldon better than Leonard or something. We know Sheldon gives good parent, show, and we know Kaley Cuoco is very pretty. Move on, please.

I agree, I hope Leonard's father is sympathetic to Leonard, after all they did share the hugging machine.  It would be great if he didn't like Sheldon and actually got on to him for putting down his son.

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, rachelshamyfan said:

Is that because I put that pic up from Hollywood reporter? 

If so then apologies

No Rachel, your post wasn't it.  There were pictures of the actors, that had already been put up in the Paleyfest thread, and the actor thread.  Yours was actual news, about season 9,  from outside Paleyfest, so it was good and I left it. 

4 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Exactly.

The suspect could make a confession in the police car, on the way to the station, but, if he/she hasn't been cautioned, the confession could be ruled inadmissible in court.

Actually if as suspect just comes out and confesses to a crime without you asking most likely it will be allowed in court, even if their rights have not been read.  Sometimes when you come on the scene and ask what happened, once in a while a person will blurt out 'I'm sorry, I didn't mean to do that'.  A lot of people have to talk, especially when nervous, and if you are not interrogating them, and they are just telling you stuff, it can get the person in a lot of trouble.  That is why when you get yourself in one of those kind of situations your only statement to the police should be 'I want a lawyer'.

It's been a very, very, very long time since I have seen an episode of Taxi, but as I remember it, the character of Alex Reiger was a lot like the character of Leonard Hofstadter.....the seemingly more "normal one" surrounded by many "not so normal ones".....So looking forward to the elder Dr. Hofstadter and how his personality differs (hopefully greatly) from that of his ex-wife.

I´m so excited, that we finally get to see Dr. Hofstadter senior!

I hope that when he meets the gang that he exclaims excited: "Oh look at those cheek bones!" or "What fascinating ankles you have!"

Or he just sits in a corner and watches the other´s in their daily routine,  observing them like a primate researcher a group of monkeys, while he takes notes for his studies. 45.gif

2 hours ago, SRAM said:

Sometimes when you come on the scene and ask what happened, once in a while a person will blurt out 'I'm sorry, I didn't mean to do that'.

I did say in the police car, on the way to the station.

33 minutes ago, Desdemona said:

I´m so excited, that we finally get to see Dr. Hofstadter senior!notes for his studies. 

The big question is, when do we get to meet Dr. Boots Hofstadter? :biggrin: 

21 hours ago, April said:

I'm not a legal expert but could it be that there's a difference between being arrested by a police officer and ending up in detention because you offended a judge? The scenario he describes now seems to be what people would imagine a typical arrest to be, what happened in the episode back then was a contempt of court and the judge apparently issued a court order to hold him in a cell until he apologised. From what I understand it's technically not the same thing as a formal arrest.

Clearly there are differences in US and Canadian law but when I had a summer job as a security guard (I was a University student) I was told holding someone against their will lawfully is an arrest regardless of who does it. Since Sheldon was not free to leave the lock up when he was held for contempt he was arrested.

When Seldon was on Skywalker ranch and was chased down by security, tasered and held he most definitely was arrested. If that was not an arrest it was assault and forcible confinement.

Edited by djsurrey

20 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Probably the sanest member of the family. :biggrin: 

I wouldn´t bet on that. Either it is traumatized or after Leonard had left, it jumped in front of the next car, because there was no one left, that treated it with love.

I´m sure Leonard´s mother discusses with the cat and everytime the cat says "meow", she replies: "I agree with you." ;)

If I were Leonard, I would have taken the cat with me, you can´t leave any creature in such a loveless place.

But he would get jealous, because as Sheldon loves cats, he would pay more attention to it, than to Leonard.

Or Sheldon would become a cat hoarder again. :biggrin:

Edited by Desdemona

26 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

I've never understood how they could have a Clowder/Glaring of cats, when they both have Asthma  huh.gif 

Didn't Leonard once come home with cat stuff, after one of the many times Penny broke his heart, and said he knew of special breed of cats that wouldn't bother Sheldon's allergy?  Then in season 4 Sheldon gets a bunch of regular cats????

6 minutes ago, SRAM said:

Didn't Leonard once come home with cat stuff, after one of the many times Penny broke his heart, , and said he knew of special breed of cats that wouldn't bother Sheldon's allergy?

Yes. It was Season 1, Episode 3, The Fuzzy Boots Corollary:-

Leonard: I know what you’re thinking, I’ve taken your asthma into account. There’s a feline geneticist in San Diego who has developed the cutest little hypo-allergenic calicos.

This establishes that Sheldon, as well as Leonard, suffers from Asthma.

6 minutes ago, SRAM said:

Then in season 4 Sheldon gets a bunch of regular cats????

25 to be exact.

That many cats, should finish off the pair of them.

Edited by Stephen Hawking

34 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Yes. It was Season 1, Episode 3, The Fuzzy Boots Corollary:-

Leonard: I know what you’re thinking, I’ve taken your asthma into account. There’s a feline geneticist in San Diego who has developed the cutest little hypo-allergenic calicos.

This establishes that Sheldon, as well as Leonard, suffers from Asthma.

25 to be exact.

That many cats, should finish off the pair of them.

No it doesn't, Sheldon may just suffer with watering eyes, sneezing or skin irritation due to cat fur. One reference in passing doesn't make it so, it's never been hinted at that Sheldon takes any asthma medication.

Asthma isn't an allergy, it's an ongoing restriction of the bronchial tubes which is eased by a preventer steroid taken regularly, usually twice daily, when attacks occur, a dose of a dilator such as Salbutamol is taken. Asthma can be genetic and can also be triggered by external influences, in my case isocyanates when working in an analytical lab.

Edited by Zhalen565

I just wanted to add something:

I know that Sheldon can be an ass, but there´s no one in the group who has not been an ass at least once. They are all mean to each other from time to time, that´s how they act between each other.  The only thing between Sheldon and the others is, that Sheldon is not aware of what he says sometimes or how his words appear to the others. But he´s able to learn and he´s getting better and he does support his friends when they need it the most.

He drove Penny to the hospital, when she broke her arm and sang soft kitty to her, he lent her money to pay her bills, when she had nothing, he supported Howard when his mother died and cheered up Howard after he had this embarrasing encounter with Emily, he gave Raj a job, so the U.S. government couldn´t sent him back to India, he stayed in the hospital when Leonard had this nose surgery (and we all know that Sheldon hates hospitals because of his mysophobia). He even wanted to enter into the operating room, to make sure that Leonard was ok). If that is not supporting than maybe I don´t understood its meaning.

Sorry to be picky, but I felt that I had to defend Sheldon.

46 minutes ago, Desdemona said:

I just wanted to add something:

The only thing between Sheldon and the others is, that Sheldon is not aware of what he says sometimes or how his words appear to the others. But he´s able to learn and he´s getting better and he does support his friends when they need it the most.

Sorry to be picky, but I felt that I had to defend Sheldon.

It fine you pointed out all the good things he's done but IMO a 35 year old man is aware when he is being an ass. Him not being aware at this point is not a believable excuse.

2 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

It fine you pointed out all the good things he's done but IMO a 35 year old man is aware when he is being an ass. Him not being aware at this point is not a believable excuse.

Especially as he's aware he's been an ass on purpose, numerous times.  

18 hours ago, 2L344 said:

Ok have it your way...

You're just a cop, what do you know about the law?! :wink: 

17 hours ago, rachelshamyfan said:

Judd is amazing in whatever he is in so I'm excited about seeing him! BUT I stand by my "nothing good can come from a Leonard's father storyline" stance.

He ignored Leonard all his childhood to the point where he was jealous of a fossil of a child, he cheated on his wife and he gave him the middle name 'Leaky' :rofl:  The people who are hoping that Daddy Hofstadter will be more of a comfort than the Mother will either be disappointed OR the show will just ignore all the backstory they have already mentioned for him as they often do... I don't know what would be better here TBH! :icon_rolleyes:

Side point - Does anyone else think Judd looks more like Howard's Dad? 

13 hours ago, wowbagger said:

Leonard's dad! Holy shit! and Judd Hirsch! HOLY SHIT! Show, if you pass up this opportunity to put Hirsch and Baranski in the same room together- and, worse, if you waste this appearance like you did Meemaw's- I will never, ever forgive you.

Come oooonnnnnnn, proper exploration of Leonard's issues! Maybe, just maybe precipitating a discussion of living arrangements! Please not, for the love of God, some toothless filler where Leonard's dad spends the entire episode telling Leonard how hot his wife is, and- I don't know- liking Sheldon better than Leonard or something. We know Sheldon gives good parent, show, and we know Kaley Cuoco is very pretty. Move on, please.

tumblr_mrzy4qIdoi1qftbz5o1_500.gif.db900

;) 

You know these writers and they are gonna go 'cheap jokes' and 'sleepy one liners' more often than not!