[Spoilers] Discussion Topic: Season 9

Tensor

10 minutes ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

You're just a cop, what do you know about the law?! :wink: 

Judd is amazing in whatever he is in so I'm excited about seeing him! BUT I stand by my "nothing good can come from a Leonard's father storyline" stance.

He ignored Leonard all his childhood to the point where he was jealous of a fossil of a child, he cheated on his wife and he gave him the middle name 'Leaky' :rofl:  The people who are hoping that Daddy Hofstadter will be more of a comfort than the Mother will either be disappointed OR the show will just ignore all the backstory they have already mentioned for him as they often do... I don't know what would be better here TBH! :icon_rolleyes:

Side point - Does anyone else think Judd looks more like Howard's Dad? 

I think the bold part is what more or less will happen or, in CL words, 

“We talked about Leonard’s father being a very different kind of character than his mother,” executive producer Chuck Lorre told EW ahead of the panel. “When you look at Leonard and his mother, and how different Leonard is, well the other piece of the equation is his dad, so you can imagine the space that character has to occupy and who he’d have to be to get a Leonard out of the equation.”  

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/03/16/big-bang-theory-judd-hirsch-leonard-father

Side point: He kind of looks like Leonard to me but, now that you said it, he could have had done also as Howard's father....

Edited by mirs1

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

21 hours ago, Judith said:

Is there a script cover?

No, not so far....

1 minute ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

Does that woman have a Bow (as in bow and arrow) in her hands?! or is it the Mic?

And is that Amy's stand in?

Think she is going to shoot Sheldon... :laugh:   I have no clue what is in her hand.  Maybe it is the way she is holding her script for all I can tell.

7 minutes ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

He ignored Leonard all his childhood to the point where he was jealous of a fossil of a child, he cheated on his wife and he gave him the middle name 'Leaky' :rofl:  The people who are hoping that Daddy Hofstadter will be more of a comfort than the Mother will either be disappointed OR the show will just ignore all the backstory they have already mentioned for him as they often do... I don't know what would be better here TBH! :icon_rolleyes:

I think a lot of information about Leonard's father is inconclusive. He was gone a lot in Leonard's childhood. what were the reasons? A kid growing up may not know everything that's going on with his parents. There could be a million reasons. Seeing Beverly I'm sure many could come up with a few. he cheated on Beverly. Were they separated? Divorced? Estranged?  The cheating comment came from Beverly. A reliable source? Leaky was a famous anthropologists? In retrospect the name has other meanings. I'm sure many kids  40 years ago may have been named OJ for OJ Simpson. I'm sure those people don't like that. Who knows what the writers will come with but to me seeing Leonard's father doesn't have to be a total negative.

6 minutes ago, stardustmelody said:

No, not so far....

Think she is going to shoot Sheldon... :laugh:   I have no clue what is in her hand.  Maybe it is the way she is holding her script for all I can tell.

Looking again I think it's the little microphone or light (?!) on the podium in from of her :rofl: at first I was like "oh shiz!" hahaha!

18 hours ago, Carlos said:

At least he knows what he's talking about from first hand experience

Many of us have youthfull indescetions which we look back on fondly, it's the  spice's that add flavor to life and this is one of them call it a dash of pepper :fi_lone_ranger:

59 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

I think a lot of information about Leonard's father is inconclusive. He was gone a lot in Leonard's childhood. what were the reasons? A kid growing up may not know everything that's going on with his parents. There could be a million reasons. Seeing Beverly I'm sure many could come up with a few. he cheated on Beverly. Were they separated? Divorced? Estranged?  The cheating comment came from Beverly. A reliable source? Leaky was a famous anthropologists? In retrospect the name has other meanings. I'm sure many kids  40 years ago may have been named OJ for OJ Simpson. I'm sure those people don't like that. Who knows what the writers will come with but to me seeing Leonard's father doesn't have to be a total negative.

He didn't kill Bev. He gets a few points for that.:good:

On March 17, 2016 at 4:41 AM, 3ku11 said:

On March 17, 2016 at 7:08 AM, Mislav said:

And yet, his statement isn't supported by known facts.

So real world, actual experience is trumped by something you read somewhere?? 

18 hours ago, Desdemona said:

I just wanted to add something:

I know that Sheldon can be an ass, but there´s no one in the group who has not been an ass at least once. They are all mean to each other from time to time, that´s how they act between each other.  The only thing between Sheldon and the others is, that Sheldon is not aware of what he says sometimes or how his words appear to the others. But he´s able to learn and he´s getting better and he does support his friends when they need it the most.

He drove Penny to the hospital, when she broke her arm and sang soft kitty to her, he lent her money to pay her bills, when she had nothing, he supported Howard when his mother died and cheered up Howard after he had this embarrasing encounter with Emily, he gave Raj a job, so the U.S. government couldn´t sent him back to India, he stayed in the hospital when Leonard had this nose surgery (and we all know that Sheldon hates hospitals because of his mysophobia). He even wanted to enter into the operating room, to make sure that Leonard was ok). If that is not supporting than maybe I don´t understood its meaning.

Sorry to be picky, but I felt that I had to defend Sheldon.

"Sigh" Someone allways does 

14 minutes ago, Strawberry PopTart Fan said:

He didn't kill Bev. He gets a few points for that.:good:

But he should have.  He could've hidden her body where he dug up fossil boy.  Nobody would've known.  Points taken away for being a wimp.  

16 hours ago, wowbagger said:

Leonard's dad! Holy shit! and Judd Hirsch! HOLY SHIT! Show, if you pass up this opportunity to put Hirsch and Baranski in the same room together- and, worse, if you waste this appearance like you did Meemaw's- I will never, ever forgive you.

Come oooonnnnnnn, proper exploration of Leonard's issues! Maybe, just maybe precipitating a discussion of living arrangements! Please not, for the love of God, some toothless filler where Leonard's dad spends the entire episode telling Leonard how hot his wife is, and- I don't know- liking Sheldon better than Leonard or something. We know Sheldon gives good parent, show, and we know Kaley Cuoco is very pretty. Move on, please.

There will be enough time to complain after the actual event. And Kaley Cuoco is the actress, the character is called Penny.

9 hours ago, djsurrey said:

Clearly there are differences in US and Canadian law but when I had a summer job as a security guard (I was a University student) I was told holding someone against their will lawfully is an arrest regardless of who does it. Since Sheldon was not free to leave the lock up when he was held for contempt he was arrested.

When Seldon was on Skywalker ranch and was chased down by security, tasered and held he most definitely was arrested. If that was not an arrest it was assault and forcible confinement.

I do think there are differences between Canada and the US. What happened I traffic court and the Sky Walker Ranch would be considered detaining a person. If I'm right I believe we would call it arrest when a person has been charged.

6 hours ago, Desdemona said:

I just wanted to add something:

I know that Sheldon can be an ass, but there´s no one in the group who has not been an ass at least once. They are all mean to each other from time to time, that´s how they act between each other.  The only thing between Sheldon and the others is, that Sheldon is not aware of what he says sometimes or how his words appear to the others. But he´s able to learn and he´s getting better and he does support his friends when they need it the most.

He drove Penny to the hospital, when she broke her arm and sang soft kitty to her, he lent her money to pay her bills, when she had nothing, he supported Howard when his mother died and cheered up Howard after he had this embarrasing encounter with Emily, he gave Raj a job, so the U.S. government couldn´t sent him back to India, he stayed in the hospital when Leonard had this nose surgery (and we all know that Sheldon hates hospitals because of his mysophobia). He even wanted to enter into the operating room, to make sure that Leonard was ok). If that is not supporting than maybe I don´t understood its meaning.

Sorry to be picky, but I felt that I had to defend Sheldon.

No need to defend Sheldon. his actions speak for himself. He is 90% asshole 10% great guy. Don't worry about it! We all know this!

15 hours ago, Squonk said:

There will be enough time to complain after the actual event.

Perfectly true. But....I think one of us has misunderstood the function of a forum discussing spoilers. It might well be me. I thought that anything in the nature of a reaction to a casting announcement, speculation as to its outcome, and an expression of desire as to the nature of said outcome- well, I thought all that was part of the acceptable use of a forum such as this one. I am happy to be enlightened. Maybe the proper use is only to nod sagaciously as we receive spoilers, and then discuss them in the privacy of our own skulls. Sorry, I know that was harsh, but I actually don't quite understand this criticism.

15 hours ago, Squonk said:

And Kaley Cuoco is the actress, the character is called Penny.

Again, perfectly true. My meaning behind the remark 'We all know Kaley Cuoco is very pretty' was: 'We all know Kaley Cuoco (the actor) is very pretty.  I forbore to point out that this is because I believe that Cuoco (the actor) and Penny (the character) have far more to bring to the table than said pulchritude, because I have already made this observation in other posts.

I thought that the shorter remark basically captured the longer (and surely more tedious) explanation, but hey- now you get both! And- well- being tedious has never stopped me before.

12 hours ago, JE7 said:

do you honestly think he didn't know that?

Awww, thanks, JE! (If this post was meant to be a response to the above- if not, my apologies.)

16 hours ago, JE7 said:

So real world, actual experience is trumped by something you read somewhere??  

"Sigh" Someone allways does 

It is not just "somewhere". There are multiple sources confirming that. One poster, who is an ex cop, also confirmed that.

Posts hidden and or edited.  If I could save parts of the post, it was edited to removed comments directed at other posters or the how of other members posts.  START REPORTING POSTS, NOT RESPONDING TO POSTS you think are outside the rules (yes, there is a reason for the caps).

From Entertainment Weekly:  http://www.ew.com/article/2016/03/18/spoiler-room-supergirl-scandal-big-bang-theory-spoilers

Spoiler Room: Scoop on Supergirl, Scandal, Big Bang Theory, and more

Have anything Penny-related on The Big Bang Theory? — Donny
It looks like Penny may be ready for another change. “We’re starting to think about where Penny is in her life professionally,” EP Steve Molaro says.” While she’s doing well in her current career, she may not be in love with it. There will be another step.” She won’t be going back to acting, however. “Hell no,” Kaley Cuoco says. “I never want to shoot Serial Ape-ist again. That fake movie was the torture of my life. No, I’d like her to stay in real life and really have her have a real job.”

7 minutes ago, No Regrets said:

Incredibly adorable interview where Johnny talks about Leonard & Penny:

http://www.accesshollywood.com/videos/big-bang-theory-galecki-talks-leonard-pennys-marriage-judd-hirsch-casting/ 

Who was the "she" who is very busy right now but has an open door in the show Johnny was referring to in the final part of the interview? I couldn't understand the journalist's question and I felt a little lost...

Edited by mirs1