[Spoilers] Discussion Topic: Season 9

Tensor

Just now, mirs1 said:

Who was the "she" who is very busy right now but has an open door in the show Johnny was referring to in the final part of the interview? I couldn't understand who the journalist was referring to...

I was actually wondering the same thing. Couldn't understand a word.

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Tensor said:

The interviewer asked about Leslie and her meeting Amy, so that would make Sara Gilbert the busy one.  

Thank you, Tensor, I didn't catch up at all Leslie's name, I completely misunderstood the last part of the interview; I thought Johnny was speaking about Penny and Amy interacting more and that felt kind of weird, they have scenes together every week, basically...LOL!

31 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Have anything Penny-related on The Big Bang Theory— Donny
It looks like Penny may be ready for another change. “We’re starting to think about where Penny is in her life professionally,” EP Steve Molaro says.” While she’s doing well in her current career, she may not be in love with it. There will be another step.” She won’t be going back to acting, however. “Hell no,” Kaley Cuoco says. “I never want to shoot Serial Ape-ist again. That fake movie was the torture of my life. No, I’d like her to stay in real life and really have her have a real job

The quote option is messing with my mind, but......

I would love it if the elder Dr. Hofstadter came up with something, or knew someone who could offer Penny a job doing something she would enjoy more than she is presently.  The wheels in my head are turning as to what could be in store for her and for her husband.  It appears that the end of Season 9 may be highlighting the Hofstadter newlyweds.....

Kaley doesn't want Penny to go back to acting, wow that is a surprise to me, I didn't really expect that.  Maybe Penny could be a cop, she has been sort of bad ass in the show, or maybe back to school for her degree she never finished, she seemed to be able to study her drug information well enough for her sales job.

16 hours ago, Mislav said:

It is not just "somewhere". There are multiple sources confirming that. One poster, who is an ex cop, also confirmed that.

How is first hand experience any less determining that corroborating sources? I would think that actually experiencing something is the best source of knowledge.

On 17.3.2016 at 10:38 PM, Chrismo said:

It fine you pointed out all the good things he's done but IMO a 35 year old man is aware when he is being an ass. Him not being aware at this point is not a believable excuse.

Social issues have no age.  They are the price that most of the genii have to pay for being a genius. In the early seasons he was really not aware of what he was saying, even nowadays he´s struggling with recognizing his errors. Remember the "Empathy Optimization", when he realized that he had been an ass, when he was sick and wanted to make it up, so he printed apology-shirts and said sorry to everyone. He even learnt to play the flute for Howardette.

On 18.3.2016 at 4:01 AM, Carlos said:

No need to defend Sheldon. his actions speak for himself. He is 90% asshole 10% great guy. Don't worry about it! We all know this!

Ok, I wouldn´t say that he´s 90 % asshole, I would screw it down, but that´s just my opinion. :shy:

Let´s just say that we agree that we disagree.

My guess for the lenny cliff hanger if there is one will be Leonard's dad explaining to leonard why lenny should be living alone together Sheldon will hear about this and convince penny that she's not ready for that yet and to stay in 4a

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

My guess for the lenny cliff hanger if there is one will be Leonard's dad explaining to leonard why lenny should be living alone together Sheldon will hear about this and convince penny that she's not ready for that yet and to stay in 4a

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

My guess would be that there will be a parallel drawn between Leonard and Penny and his dad with his girlfriend (wasn't she a waitress?) and that will somehow affect Leonard and Penny's relationship. Whether that will be positive or negative, I have an inclination it will be negative (though it will only make them stronger in the future) but I can't be sure.

I think the cliffhanger will be similar to season 3 when Sheldon first met Amy and the first episode of season 4 when Penny finds out about Amy. It went from meeting her to being his "girl" friend.  The season 9 finale will be did they move over to 4b or not. Season 10 will start with them already living there for 3 months. It seems in my opinion easier to move them out at the end of a season than in the middle.

Just now, Chrismo said:

. It seems in my opinion easier to move them out at the end of a season than in the middle.

It would be no problem moving them to 4B, they would just have to move some of the knick-knacks and say they are living over there.  Except for the creepy Sheldon interrupting Penny in the shower, I can't remember an episode this year that would have changed if Lenny had been living in 4B.   It IS easier to move them out of the building completely at the end of the season. That gives them four months to construct new sets.  But TPTB don't seem to have the initiative to make that radical of a step.  Although if they get a renewal, for a season 11, they would get two to three years use out of it.     

Any prediction for this week episode? I'm very curious about this one, mainly because we didn't get the script cover, so  not a clue about it, and the start time of the taping was moved to an hour earlier than usual. What can it mean? Too many scenes, complicated sets, flash-back, flash-forward kind of stuff? I assume it has happened a lot in earlier seasons. Do you remember some instances? Just for getting an idea of what to expect... I hope some focus on Raj, I need to understand where this Emily\Raj\Claire is going. But above all, no matter what happens in the actual episode, can we have a dinner of the whole gang in 4A? The one to be taped on Tuesday is 9x21 and, apart from Sheldon's birthday party, we haven't seen  the seven of them in Shelnard's living room yet...It's weird!

Edited by mirs1

19 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Any prediction for this week episode? I'm very curious about this one, mainly because we didn't get the script cover, so  not a clue about it, and the start time of the taping was moved to an hour earlier than usual. What can it mean? Too many scenes, complicated sets, flash-back, flash-forward kind of stuff? I assume it has happened a lot in earlier seasons. Do you remember some instances? Just for getting an idea of what to expect... I hope some focus on Raj, I need to understand where this Emily\Raj\Claire is going. But above all, no matter what happens in the actual episode, can we have a dinner of the whole gang in 4A? The one to be taped on Tuesday is 9x21 and, apart from Sheldon's birthday party, we haven't seen yet the seven of them in Shelnard's living room yet...It's weird!

My guess is maybe a science related episode? 'Cause I remember gravitational waves were detected for the first time in February and it's kind of a big deal but up to now they haven't talked about it in the show.

38 minutes ago, camelliayao said:

My guess is maybe a science related episode? 'Cause I remember gravitational waves were detected for the first time in February and it's kind of a big deal but up to now they haven't talked about it in the show.

Good catch...and some people at Calthec were involved at the highest level in LIGO experiment, it would be nice to have an explicit recognition about it in the show. I think it could be kind of cool if the writers make some of our beloved physicists (Leonard seems the more likely, given his expertise) involved at some level in LIGO project. On the other hand, that's not really "ethically" correct that an imaginary character takes the credit for a huge RL achievement, so maybe they will do something  subtle as they did when they mentioned Planet Nine in a past episode,  or at most the guys will participate to some party or  award ceremony connected to the event.

As I watch 7x19 and Raj's first date with Emily, where he confesses to her that Lucy reached out to him and he felt deceitful for going out on a date with Emily, Im reminded of just how cool she was with him. Emily not only gave him that second chance at a date when they bump into each other at the coffee shop, but rolled with everything during the date.

I have always like the character, even the twisted side that some people find too strange, and I hope the show can make room for her and keep her around!

51 minutes ago, 2L344 said:

As I watch 7x19 and Raj's first date with Emily, where he confesses to her that Lucy reached out to him and he felt deceitful for going out on a date with Emily, Im reminded of just how cool she was with him. Emily not only gave him that second chance at a date when they bump into each other at the coffee shop, but rolled with everything during the date.

I have always like the character, even the twisted side that some people find too strange, and I hope the show can make room for her and keep her around!

but why should she put up with him now?

1 hour ago, djsurrey said:

but why should she put up with him now?

why did she sleep with him? no idea. all im saying is id like to see a place for her on the show

26 minutes ago, rachelshamyfan said:

Do we know of anybody going tonight?

brilliantfool is