[Spoilers] Discussion Topic: Season 9

Tensor

1 hour ago, Chrismo said:

It seems to me this episode by September will all be forgotten. Wowbagger's post while making valid points will also be forgotten(no offense). This episode seems to be a set up for the finale and the season 10 premiere for next season. By then Howdette will have a baby and Lenny will be living in 4b. Leonard's wimpiness, Amy's jealously, and the Shenny love fest will all be a footnote. Instead we will be discussing diapers with Howdette, redecorating 4b, possibly a Shamy engagement, and a still lame Raj. Granted this is only a guess on my part.

oh no, I basically agree. This is all a bunch of massive conflict vomited up, hustled under the carpet and soon to be forgotten until the next time the writers feel like a spot of drama with their tea. Ouf.

• Like 5

As of today I have to withdraw some comments I made in the Lenny-Thread after last week's taping report, where I wrote I'm convinced that Lenny are inextricably linked with each other or something like that. Lenny are put under surveillance for the time being. A final judgement regarding their relationship/marital/feelings for each other, etc.-status is obviously not possible with these two.

Based on Forrest Gump I have to say:

Lenny are like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get.

• Like 8

37 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

What is going on with this show, it is getting ridiculous every episode and for ppls who think this will lead to the living arrangement coming up. I’m afraid you will be disappointed because it’s not going to happen anytime soon. Tptb have just bought themselves more time not to bring it up, by getting penny to take Sheldon’s side. I mean if penny had taken Leonard’s side then the living arrangement would have had to be brought up and discussed and lenny as a team would decide to move, but no, we get another delay tactics. I mean how much more ridiculous can it get. I think the tptb have got it in for lenny. They got a shit engagement that was never talked about and a crap wedding and now a crap wife who can’t even support her husband, how many times have we seen this, this season and last. I would have been okayish when lenny were dating or engaged and she showed no support, but they are married and where is the love and for all those that called them a team, I never bought it cause I never saw it and now it out there for all to see. I really want Leonard to pull penny up on all her crap, or even better dump her arse. Leonard deserves better especially all he has done for those two. I get that Leonard never catches a break but he is married now. Shouldn’t that old crap change just like everything else in the show is changing. I really feel sorry for the Leonard character because it seems like every episode they just seem to ruin the character more and more. Leonard needs to pack his bags and leave for good without telling anyone. Not that they would care anyway. To me Sheldon, Penny and even Amy showed their true colours in this episode. Like 5misspi said Run Leonard Run.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

As I posted in the Lenny thread, TPTB needs to just kill off Leonard since they have a hard time writing for him and Lenny. That is what happen when you turn characters into plot device instead putting forth an effort, they go for cheap laughs instead. Sure it's a comedy but characters don't have to be destroyed all in the name of a cheap laugh, imo.

Agree, Lenny isn't moving anytime soon and as long as Penny is cuddling PIA nothing will change. As for S/P/A yep, they did but everyone will love it because it's against Leonard and some loves him being the whipping boy of the show.  

#LeonardDeservesBetter

#FreeLeonard

Edited by ArmyGirl
  • Like 8

28 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

I remember an espiode where sheldon was trying to change penny's habits and leonard said he shouldn't but guess what he succeeded

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Yeah you're right, it looks like Sheldon finally has her trained.  Penny is now officially a minion.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

I remember an espiode where sheldon was trying to change penny's habits and leonard said he shouldn't but guess what he succeeded

5 minutes ago, Cindi May said:

Penny knowing answers about comics in her sleep...is this real? :D 

It looks like the brainwashing has come full circle.

It's like Kayako's house...whoever enters gets the curse, no exceptions.

• Like 1

I think it all started when Leonard left Penny alone with Sheldon during his North Sea trip.  Sheldon had months to condition Penny and now he just drops a code word and she immediately agrees with him and takes his side.  Penny has become Sheldon's pseudo  Stepford Wife.

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, SRAM said:

I think it all started when Leonard left Penny alone with Sheldon during his North Sea trip.  Sheldon had months to condition Penny and now he just drops a code word and she immediately agrees with him and takes his side.  Penny has become Sheldon's pseudo  Stepford Wife.

Yes and this is why that relationship is totally unhealthy.  I don't know why some support the friendship between Sheldon and Penny now because I think it is very sick to be honest.  I liked their relationship in the first five seasons, but since season 6 and Penny was left behind while Leonard went to the North Sea, I have never liked how they changed the dynamic.   They went from being polar opposites and getting along like true siblings that fight and argue a lot and think each other are on different planets up through S5, but since S6, you pretty much hit the nail on the head.  Penny has become a pseudo Stepford wife for Sheldon without the sexual component.  But all the other emotional attachment and closeness is there.  She has become his "yes" girl and agrees with him on everything and is the only one that seems to be able to now comfort him.   I really think this is part of the problem.  Amy gets dumped on and Leonard gets dumped on.  Amy stands up for herself more than Leonard does...but sadly it makes Amy look bad when she has to be honest and tell it like it is.   It makes her look manipulative and petty and jealous.   But she is basically speaking the truth.  

Honestly, if this is how the show continues to be, they won't go past Season 10 because they will tire fans out of this crap.  I really hope instead of it being glossed over like so many things seem to be on this show..that this is going to lead somewhere positive and we will see a change again, but this time a positive one where Penny can learn to treat her husband with respect and love him and show him love.   Same with Sheldon toward Amy.  Otherwise I say break up both couples and just be done with this show because it is really painful to watch two decent people get jerked around all the time and that is without even getting into what they are doing to poor Raj and his character!  Yikes!

Edited by stardustmelody
  • Like 8

I can't stand Raj anymore...about Sheldon I don't think he's manipulative with Penny anymore...their relationship evolved a lot over the years. I think they're just really good friends. I always thought that P and S are similar to each other but at the same time so different. They're both scared of commitment (I know Penny is married now but imo she still is), they're free spirits, not exactly suited for a long time relationship. And we have Amy and Leonard on the other side always tryin' to get more from them.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, stardustmelody said:

Yes and this is why that relationship is totally unhealthy.  I don't know why some support the friendship between Sheldon and Penny now because I think it is very sick to be honest.  I liked their relationship in the first five seasons, but since season 6 and Penny was left behind while Leonard went to the North Sea, I have never liked how they changed the dynamic.   They went from being polar opposites and getting along like true siblings that fight and argue a lot and think each other are on different planets, but you pretty much hit the nail on the head.  Penny has become a pseudo Stepford wife for Sheldon without the sexual component.  But all the other emotional attachment and closeness is there.  She has become his "yes" girl and agrees with him on everything and is the only one that seems to be able to now comfort him.   I really think this is part of the problem.  Amy gets dumped on and Leonard gets dumped on.  Amy stands up for herself more than Leonard does...but sadly it makes Amy look bad when she has to be honest and tell it like it is.   It makes her look manipulative and petty and jealous.   But she is basically speaking the truth.  

Honestly, if this is how the show continues to be, they won't go past Season 10 because they will tire fans out of this crap.  I really hope instead of it being glossed over like so many things seem to be on this show..that this is going to lead somewhere positive and we will see a change again, but this time a positive one where Penny can learn to treat her husband with respect and love him and show him love.   Same with Sheldon toward Amy.  Otherwise I say break up both couples and just be done with this show because it is really painful to watch two decent people get jerked around all the time and that is without even getting into what they are doing to poor Raj and his character!  Yikes!

There is a lot of credence in you post stardust, however they will probably go beyond Season 10 and if all are willing a Season 12.  With this sort of episode, TPTB are "playing to the cheap seats".  The average viewer that has no stake in the history of the show; no feeling as to couples or the concept of "shipping".  They are fans of that crazy character Sheldon Cooper and the hot blonde, Penny.  I would wager that the typical (non-invested) viewer feels that way.  One of the attorneys I work for seeing, the bobbleheads in my office and the TBBT calendar on my desk, will say "Bazinga!" or "that Sheldon is something else" and may only watch when he happens upon an episode.  I think there are a huge amount of fans of this sort with a number that eclipses us hardcore, dedicated fans.  I think at the end of the day, our opinion is not the main focus and concern.  Viewers.  Its all about viewers.   

• Like 7

Is there any proper reason for Penny to be mad at Leonard ??

I mean Leonard not agreeing to go a Sheldon meeting...and suddenly Penny is mad at Leonard..... that is one hell of a wife lol......... her motto seems to never support my husband....lol

• Like 3

I think eventually and i hate to say this but i think tptb are going to take the program in a direction none of us shippers want but general viewers will be happy with went the two most popular characters are together

• Like 2

1 minute ago, No Regrets said:

Gonna post this quote by Kevin Pollak again cause it's never been more accurate: "Some of the lazy writing you see on TV is this character assassination that makes me insane, where - usually in the comedies - anything for a joke. So it means a character is suddenly an idiot and he's been intelligent until now, but it's funnier if he's stupid in the scene." 

but I think this story has been going on for some time... Penny being rude and dismissive of Leonard and affectionate and supportive of Sheldon....

so this is some of kind of reflection of the shows relationships/friendships...

I for one hope they break up at least leonard and penny...... it's a very toxic relationship

2 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

I think eventually and i hate to say this but i think tptb are going to take the program in a direction none of us shippers want but general viewers will be happy with went the two most popular characters are together

I for one will be rooting for that.... cause the way leonard especially is written.... it is very hard for me to care for the character..... why would I care if his own wife does not seem to care...lol

12 minutes ago, stardustmelody said:

Sheldon has never been afraid of commitment.  In fact he "over commits" with all his contracts and agreements.  He does not have a commitment issue at all.   He has a fear of intimacy and letting Amy down if she knows the "real him" in his mind.   That is quite a different issue.   Penny has a commitment issue and I agree that even though she is married, she still has one.  She also does not like the idea of growing up and having to deal with adult responsibility.   That is where she and Sheldon have some commonality.  Sheldon also does not always like being an adult, although he does handle some things in a very adult manner compared to her.    

They're both scared of growin'up though or having a "normal" relationship with their long time partner. I don't think they're really suited for the roles that Amy and Leonard have casted upon them without altering their personalities too much.

Edited by Cindi May
  • Like 2

Apart from having this all suddenly blow up in one episode I'm not entirely sure what's so surprising about this. All these issues have been picked up on by us in the past weeks and months and discussed ad nauseam in this thread and many others. Every. Single. One. Of. Them. This latest episode now seems like the writers taking all of those things, crank them up to eleven so that even the last average Joe watching the show finally gets the memo as a preparation to whatever may come in the finale of the season.

(Of course all of that's just judging by the TR - Idk if the final episode will have the same vibe.)

• Like 8

3 hours ago, ArmyGirl said:

When I see BS, I call it what it is.  

I missed you on here when Penny found out that Leonard cheated on her. And Leonard deserves better.

Edited by Chrismo

36 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

I guess the season finale for lenny could be leonard moving to 4b and penny staying in 4a with the man she seems to like better

Nah if they want to write more Lenny drama I think Penny will move to her old apartment. And Leonard will remain with Sheldon.

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic