[Spoilers] Discussion Topic: Season 9

Tensor

1 minute ago, Chrismo said:

Because it's in the script.

lol...

but I don't think Penny reads a script... the actress playing Penny does..... haha..... :cool:

Edited by vasu

1 hour ago, Lionne said:

And this has been happening for awhile. My "I'm done" moment came after the hoarding episode taping report, and this episode is just driving the nails home in the coffin. This show no longer makes sense to me, and the characters motivations no longer make sense either. With the possible exception of Howard, the characters have just been all over the board, for every argument one way there's an equal argument for the opposite being true, and I find it impossible to analyze or or understand the show's direction or characterization, and I don't want to bother trying as these aren't even likeable people to me anymore. It's a collection of really selfish, thoughtless, idiotic jerks. Really not what I originally fell in love with and signed up to watch. 

The actors are as adorable as ever, and doing their best. It's the writing that's been going downhill awhile, and at this point it's a total hot mess that I do not believe they have the foresight and wisdom, much less motivation, to work themselves out of. I know they are capable, but I think they have committed too much character assassination for the sake of the jokes - which are beyond stale now - to turn things around. 

I just cannot believe how far this show has sunk and how bad it's gotten, but now all I can do is just hate watch and throw up my hands at the absurdity. 

Sigh...

And what's worse is the jokes aren't even funny! Like really not...I mean what's so funny about Penny forgeting her husband's birthday? What's so funny about Amy's "You have no idea how much I put up with him"? What's so funny about Penny's conversation with the psychologist? 

Why can't they write some meaningful jokes about science and nerd stuff intead of creating drama and calling people to question every coupld on the show every week? Ugh...

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, camelliayao said:

Sigh...

And what's worse is the jokes aren't even funny! Like really not...I mean what's so funny about Penny forgeting her husband's birthday? What's so funny about Amy's "You have no idea how much I put up with him"? What's so funny about Penny's conversation with the psychologist? 

Why can't they write some meaningful jokes about science and nerd stuff intead of creating drama and calling people to question every coupld on the show every week? Ugh...

umm... may be they are not jokes...but a part of story the writers are trying to tell...

about how unhappy penny is with leonard and... how much she cares about leonard ( forgetting birthday case)..... 

and how amy only wants the fun parts about sheldon (other than physical thigns....she most of the times says how hard it is to be with sheldon).....

54 minutes ago, wowbagger said:

At this point, it wouldn't remotely surprise me if the finale had Leonard showing up at Sheldon's door one night, saying 'I'm just a boy, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love me'. Amy may well know a thing or two: she had a fight with Leonard over who got to attend to Sheldon on his birthday. She fixed Sheldon's bowtie in that episode in an exact mirror of Leonard during the 'Prom' episode. And all the sedulous wheeling-dealing in this most recent taping report seems to be directed at pitting Leonard against Sheldon. And hey- it was Leonard Amy accused of manipulating Sheldon in the 'Table' episode, in the Season Seven for whom the writers seem to be at permanent half-mast in the past few episodes....

#can'tfightthisfeelinganymore #Shennyredherring #Nothingwrongwithalittlemanlove #Itwouldexplainquiteabit #MakeswayforPAmy

I told it when that gross Shenny kiss happened at episode 2: I wouldn't be surprised if at some point Leonard and Sheldon become a couple lol. If you gonna be totally insane about the story, then be insane in the right way!

• Like 2

And to think I guessed this episode would be about gravitational waves before the taping lol...I mean seriously, I don't major in physics but this is a really big deal in the field of physics right? I think it's weird that they haven't mentioned it. Maybe they already finished the writing of 9x21 before the detection of gravitational waves? Or maybe science is just not as funny as fights between couples in the writers' eyes.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, wowbagger said:

At this point, it wouldn't remotely surprise me if the finale had Leonard showing up at Sheldon's door one night, saying 'I'm just a boy, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love me'. 

Blasphemy! I love that movie lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vasu said:

And again the reason for Penny to support the RA is ????

Because the writers wrote it that way.  We don't have the dialogue from the show, so we have no idea what exactly was said.  You may get your answer once we see the dialogue.  

1 hour ago, Lionne said:

And I'm done with it. Cliffhanger? Would not be surprised to see a tag with Leonard and Amy bathing in the confused and guilty afterglow of the best coitus either had ever had, while Penny runs away to Australia to film a new blockbuster and takes Sheldon with her. And Emily puts Raj's torso in her closet while Bernie gives birth to her reincarnated Mother-In-Law. Why not.

oh my God no!! please!! don't give the writers ideas, because for what we'll see on the last episodes they seem to take some notes from our fears and concerns about the couples and put them all together in an episode... i'd rather to see Sheldon and Leonard professing their love for each other in an openly gay relationship than leonard "sharing" his wife (or ex wife) with sheldon... or maybe they trying to do some kind of "polygamy" with Sheldon, leonard and penny at the end, that would have more sense that all this cr**p..

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, 2L344 said:

I may not agree with everything being posted here in the last 12 hours, but damn if it isnt entertaining to read!

image.jpeg

this forum is far and away more entertaining and funny than the show. I come here for the laughs and joy I used to get from the show.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Tensor said:

Because the writers wrote it that way.  We don't have the dialogue from the show, so we have no idea what exactly was said.  You may get your answer once we see the dialogue.  

oh ok... then lets wait and see..

Nothing really positive to say, another depressing TR. They might as well just pay Johnny to stay home, his character is so beaten, he can't have much blood left. Almost wish the series would have ended at the bus station at the end of Season 7. Sorry I feel this way. I really loved this show, and at one time loved all the characters. The writing was soooo good, they made you love them. The writers have lost their way and sadly so has The Big Bang Theory!

• Like 7

I know how you feel after the TR and reading the comments today ive even lost interest in reading lenny fan fiction i guess I'll have to reconsider what to do next

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

• Like 3

4 hours ago, wowbagger said:

At this point, it wouldn't remotely surprise me if the finale had Leonard showing up at Sheldon's door one night, saying 'I'm just a boy, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love me'. 

200w.gif

• Like 1

Lionne, It seems to me if you are going to be critical of the show it didn't start the second half of this season but it started in the finale of last season. For Lenny fans it's been the last two seasons with a couple of exceptions. The finale of last season was awful and continued on through this season. The Shamy break up: If it was going to happen it should of happened at the beginning of season 8. It would of been more believable then than it happening this year. What came out of it. Shamy coitus. That already seems to be a distant memory. I laughed at your comment about Amy wanting to see Sheldon drop his pants. I guess once was not enough. I do think it must be in Parsons contract to drop his pants. LOL.  Leonard kissing Mandy. While some like suggesting Leonard cheating on Priya so him cheating on Penny is the same  to Lenny fans its not the same and IMO not needed to add drama to this season. It seems a better choice would have been a planned future wedding thus eliminating all this 4a drama and thus characters saying things that make no sense (Penny and the RA for example). Raj should have broken up with Emily last season. It would of made sense.this season Emily becomes likeable and then Claire comes along and he dumps her. I agree the girls advice makes no sense and makes them look bad. Why would you help this guy out to begin with. their advice IMO should have been keep Emily you are never going to get any girl better than her. By the way "tainted bong water"  I've never seen that in a post.

• Like 6

Hi! I'm new to this forum so I'm gonna add my 2 cents worth on this latest episode:

I seriously do not understand what everyone is angry and stressing out about. It seems to me like I'm one of the few people who loves this season, I'd say it's probably my favourite so far. Firstly on the Lenny situation. Couples fight! Married couples especially! I'm not a diehard Lenny fan, but I still love their relationship and I still think that they're perfect for each other.  As for Shamy, I'm an obsessive Shamy fan. I love them and they're my favourite part of the show. They're a couple, they're gonna fight too and they won't agree on everything! If people are still questioning and/or are concerned about Sheldon's devotion and commitment to Amy, then I advise you to rewatch this entire season. Seriously. Now onto this non-existent 'Shenny' crap that everyone is going on about. I'm not particularly fond of their closeness, but I understand it. Penny is like sister that Sheldon's always needed and wanted. There is absolutely nothing romantic about them whatsoever, There never has been any real romance and there never will be. The writers know how much Lenny and Shamy are loved.

I've also noticed how no one has really mentioned the fact that Howardette and Raj are also fighting in this. And it's the same thing- Bernadette defending/being nice to  her friend over her husband. It's exactly the same situation, yet you don't hear people saying that suddenly Bernadette and Raj will hook up. 

Now as for the jokes and that in this season, I've loved them and laughed so hard. I think they're really funny. I am completely fine with where the writers are going and taking this. They know what they're doing- they've been doing it for the better part of a decade. You people have gotta stop reading so much into everythingggg and overanalysing. Maybe then you'll enjoy the episodes more.

I for one am positive that each couple on TBBT are perfectly fine. This show is notorious for showing real life scenarios, and this episode is the epitome of a real life situation. 

Edited by Tensor
Removed comments directed at groups of other members.
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, camelliayao said:

And to think I guessed this episode would be about gravitational waves before the taping lol...I mean seriously, I don't major in physics but this is a really big deal in the field of physics right? I think it's weird that they haven't mentioned it. Maybe they already finished the writing of 9x21 before the detection of gravitational waves? Or maybe science is just not as funny as fights between couples in the writers' eyes.

I think it is big. It amounts to a new way to see stuff that could only be theorised before. We had telescopes that could see using visible light. Then radio telescopes that could in other electromagnetic wavelengths. Then we started to detect solar neutrinos. Now gravity waves can be detected and merging black holes have been "seen" without electromagnetic waves of any sort. Understanding deepens and the predictive power of mathematics is confirmed again. Sheldon should be envious as he was not involved. Barry will have to rub some salt in.

tumblr_mtp6g83ooj1r1n4hto1_r1_250.gif

Perhaps some acknowledgment is still coming. 

Edited by djsurrey
  • Like 6

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic