The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion Topic: Season 9

2 hours ago, djsurrey said:

Regarding Emily and "whats her deal" I got a new perspective just now watching Bones 9.23.

Perhaps it is a stretch but I am wondering if Emily's oddness is simply a nod to Laura Spencer's work on Bones.

She's quite funny and quirky in Bones, nothing at all like Emily

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, rachelshamyfan said:

She's quite funny and quirky in Bones, nothing at all like Emily

emily.gif

• Like 1

Regarding Emily and "whats her deal" I got a new perspective just now watching Bones 9.23.

and the Jeffersonian team gets a new intern (guest star Laura Spencer) who catches Sweets' attention.

Read more: http://www.aceshowbiz.com/tv/episodeguide/bones_s9_e23/#ixzz44GARFSU5 

Follow us: @aceshowbiz on Twitter | 207963136532 on Facebook

Perhaps it is a stretch but I am wondering if Emily's oddness is simply a nod to Laura Spencer's work on Bones.

I like LS on Bones better but I think it's because there's more character development.

As for Emily, I do hope she and Claire are screwing with Raj. He deserves it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mphs95 said:

As for Emily, I do hope she and Claire are screwing with Raj. He deserves it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

According to the last taping report they are both sleeping with him so I doubt it :icon_rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

According to the last taping report they are both sleeping with him so I doubt it :icon_rolleyes:

He comes from money so it is possible there is a con in play.  It all feels fishy somehow.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

He comes from money so it is possible there is a con in play.  It all feels fishy somehow.

It would be a great twist if they conspired to take a large amount of his money. It would serve him right IMO for being a gigantic douche and being a spoilt brat.

• Like 7

The way it is heading it looks likely he's going to end up alone at the end of it and honestly he would deserve it. This is why I think Raj is a prime contender for this seasons leave at the end return next season character. Maybe he causes that much trouble he leaves for some 6 month job back in India or somewhere else.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, rachelshamyfan said:

Didn't raj get financially cut off by his father? If that's still the case then the only money he has is his salary

No he called Mom and got her to give him more then dad called and offered even more. I remember the line "Who wants to go to Vegas in a real helicopter?"

• Like 2

21 hours ago, JE7 said:

But that would be very OOC for Sheldon

So is keeping a secret for seven years, but he managed it.

15 hours ago, Nogravitasatall said:

So, if say Sheldon were frozen and then submerged, which is plot twist we probably won't see, would 92% oh him remain below the surface?

100% of him would remain below the surface, because Sheldon doesn't float.

3 hours ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

To quote Leonard:-

Two women at the same time? Nice job, playa.

Edited by Stephen Hawking
  • Like 1

I'm probably in the minority on this one, but it's hard for me to hate on Raj with the two women arc. Yes, it was a douche move to break up with Emily near V-Day only to run back to her front door when Claire was unavailable. But it's not uncommon for people to regret initiating a break up (for whatever reason) and trying to undo it. Raj is immature and his behavior towards dating women highlights it.

If Howard had never met Bernie he wouldn't be any different. He and Raj were cut from the same cloth and that's why they're best friends. I wish the writers would have made Emily the "Bernie" in Raj's life, because I really like that character, but they didn't. That relationship was headed for the rocks and we all got glimpses of the trouble ahead. I thought Raj was going to end it in 8.24 but he chickened out.

Emily and Claire are both grown adults and responsible for their choices too. Is Emily manipulating and screwing with Raj? We'll have to wait and see. Or is she just truly that heartbroken over it all? Hard to tell. As for Claire, she was privy to the issues with Raj and Emily at the break up, and also with his returning to her. She called Raj an "ass" for breaking up with Emily near V-Day and also warned him about Emily's maneuver to get back with him was straight out of the "playbook". If after all that, Claire wants to date Raj then why should we only be critical of Raj's behavior?

Theyre all adults and are responsible for their decisions and behavior. If Raj gets what's coming to him for being deceitful to Emily about Claire, if that is what is revealed, then so be it. If the ladies know of one another and want to compete for Raj as the prize, well then that's on them.

The one thing I am curious about is if he lets Emily know of his interests with Claire. The ironic thing is he told Emily on their first date about Lucy because he felt deceitful dating two women. Does he still feel that way? Though he struggled briefly with telling Claire about Emily when they were making a coffee date to discuss her project, in the end he did.

Edited by 2L344
  • Like 2

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 2:54 PM, Chrismo said:

No. He lives in 4a because it is his choice. Just like it was his choice to live with Sheldon all these years. Just like it was his choice to kiss Mandy. It's not that I don't sympathize with Leonard but I don't buy this whole scenario that Penny is to blame for everything. As most know I don't like particularily like Sheldon but he is not totally to blame either. Leonard shares the blame that they all live in 4a.

No. If I was only a Sheldon fan I would enjoy the show too.

I'm not only a Sheldon fan.  I like all the characters.  I am just not stressing over stuff.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, 2L344 said:

<snip>

Did I miss some info saying that the girls know that they are both sleeping with him?

Cus I was under the impression that he was being a lying, scheming POS despite his previous 'romantic dreamer' persona.

Oh and I don't believe for one second that Howard - "crying like a little girl" over Leslie Winkle - Wolowitz would spend 2 years with a woman, telling her he loves her, break up with her, get back with her and then cheat on her :no: 

Howard was originally portrayed as a wannabe player but the second he got into a real relationship it was obvious that he was actually desperate for love and a true emotional connection. 

Raj was originally portrayed as desperate for true love and romance but it turns out he was the douchebag player all along :icon_neutral: 

(he's dead to me incase you didn't get that vibe from my posts lately ;) )

• Like 9

51 minutes ago, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

Did I miss some info saying that the girls know that they are both sleeping with him?

Cus I was under the impression that he was being a lying, scheming POS despite his previous 'romantic dreamer' persona.

Oh and I don't believe for one second that Howard - "crying like a little girl" over Leslie Winkle - Wolowitz would spend 2 years with a woman, telling her he loves her, break up with her, get back with her and then cheat on her :no: 

Howard was originally portrayed as a wannabe player but the second he got into a real relationship it was obvious that he was actually desperate for love and a true emotional connection. 

Raj was originally portrayed as desperate for true love and romance but it turns out he was the douchebag player all along :icon_neutral: 

(he's dead to me incase you didn't get that vibe from my posts lately ;) )

lol yeah i got that! i disagree of course, the old howard had a threesome with raj and hooked up with Pennys gold digging friend the "whore from Nebraska", in asdition to prostitutes and who knows what else...Bernie changed him, not his quest for true love.

i dont know if the ladies know about each other or not, it wasnt made clear, but i have to believe claire at least knows that raj paid emily a visit since it was talked about. 

i dont condone Raj's behavior but I dont characterize him as a POS just yet!

• Like 2

I've read a sampling of the reactions towards the latest taping, and I'm probably going to find myself in the minority on this again; and I'm pretty sure SOME LENNY's are not going to like what I have to say but here it goes....... Just by what I've read from the TR I actually feel Leonard is in the wrong here and actually side with Penny on this.   Because Leonard signed the RA, he should at least honor what he signed.  Yes the RA can be asinine, but that's irrelevant imo.  Leonard signed it, not honoring his signature puts him in the wrong. At least in the first valentines day episode I saw precedence for him fighting to spend Valentines Day with Penny who WASN'T a part of the RA at the time.  That's not the case anymore here. Penny is at least willing to honor her signature, even if it might be for selfish reasons, I don't see her or Sheldon in the wrong here.  But since the shenny boogeyman is rearing its ugly head, then they are automatically in the wrong?:icon_rolleyes:  Sorry, I don't see it that way.

But I will say this in Leonard's favor, even if I see him in the wrong its nice to read that he is sticking up for his beliefs and not knuckling under just because his wife is siding with Sheldon.  I remember that someone brought up that issue awhile back, and I admit its a fair point.  The only part I don't side with it on is it being that big of a deal (The Table Polarization being the only possible exception); so its nice to see Leonard choose to stick up for his beliefs, even if Penny or I don't agree with him on this issue.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, meka3000 said:

I've read a sampling of the reactions towards the latest taping, and I'm probably going to find myself in the minority on this again; and I'm pretty sure SOME LENNY's are not going to like what I have to say but here it goes....... Just by what I've read from the TR I actually feel Leonard is in the wrong here and actually side with Penny on this.   Because Leonard signed the RA, he should at least honor what he signed.  Yes the RA can be asinine, but that's irrelevant imo.  Leonard signed it, not honoring his signature puts him in the wrong. At least in the first valentines day episode I saw precedence for him fighting to spend Valentines Day with Penny who WASN'T a part of the RA at the time.  That's not the case anymore here. Penny is at least willing to honor her signature, even if it might be for selfish reasons, I don't see her or Sheldon in the wrong here.  But since the shenny boogeyman is rearing its ugly head, then they are automatically in the wrong?:icon_rolleyes:  Sorry, I don't see it that way.

But I will say this in Leonard's favor, even if I see him in the wrong its nice to read that he is sticking up for his beliefs and not knuckling under just because his wife is siding with Sheldon.  I remember that someone brought up that issue awhile back, and I admit its a fair point.  The only part I don't side with it on is it being that big of a deal (The Table Polarization being the only possible exception); so its nice to see Leonard choose to stick up for his beliefs, even if Penny or I don't agree with him on this issue.

I don't know...It's not like Penny wanted to have the meeting because she gave her signature and she wanted to honour it. From what I understood she wanted to attend the meeting because it would be important to Sheldon. Of course, we need to see the ep to really understand. If Sheldon was there when they argued maybe she was just trying to suck up to him. And from what I understood from the TR the arguement wasn't about why L wasn't willing to honor the paper he signed, it was more a personal matter.

While Leonard might be in the wrong for not honoring his signature, isn't there something in law that declares a contract null and void if its conditions are illegal or unenforceable? Wouldn't this be the case with the RA? besides that, there's the issue that if I were Leonard I would tell Penny very plainly and very simply: listen honey you are either with me or against me. Which one is it going to be? Because if it is not going to be us against the world, I don't think this is going to work, OK?

All of this being said we have to see how it plays in the episode. Not very encouraging based on the TR, but who knows.

• Like 3

Just now, Judith said:

-I don't know...It's not like Penny wanted to have the meeting because she gave her signature and she wanted to honour it.

-From what I understood she wanted to attend the meeting because it would be important to Sheldon.

-Like I said, even if it was for selfish reasons, she is still honoring her signature.

-Eh I read it as her wanting to suck up to him to GET CONCESSIONS from Sheldon in terms of the RA.

But like you said, we have to wait until the show comes out to make a more concrete judgement.  But nothing I've read here has tainted my opinion of Penny, I still see her as very much human, and sometimes with that humanity it can come with people doing things that are unlikable, NOT JUST the likable.

5 minutes ago, meka3000 said:

-Like I said, even if it was for selfish reasons, she is still honoring her signature.

-Eh I read it as her wanting to suck up to him to GET CONCESSIONS from Sheldon in terms of the RA.

But like you said, we have to wait until the show comes out to make a more concrete judgement.  But nothing I've read here has tainted my opinion of Penny, I still see her as very much human, and sometimes with that humanity it can come with people doing things that are unlikable, NOT JUST the likable.

Yes, I also mentioned that maybe she was trying to suck up to him.

Honoring her signature is irrelevant to what people here are bothered by. Their arguement isn't even about that, neither are Penny's motivations (I'm sure iy didn't even crack the top ten).

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Carlos said:

-While Leonard might be in the wrong for not honoring his signature, isn't there something in law that declares a contract null and void if its conditions are illegal or unenforceable?

-besides that, there's the issue that if I were Leonard I would tell Penny very plainly and very simply: listen honey you are either with me or against me. Which one is it going to be? Because if it is not going to be us against the world, I don't think this is going to work, OK?

-Which of those things would be illegal or unenforceable?

-Sorry but if Penny ever said that, and Leonard had reservations I can easily see people demonizing Penny for having that attitude.  So I wouldn't care for Leonard having that attitude either.  Also I didn't care for when George W. Bush said those same words, over a decade ago.  People can still care about you but disagree with you.  I don't see love in either/or terms most of the time.  Sometimes two people can have disagreements, it doesn't mean the relationship and it's future should be at stake EVERY TIME spouse's disagree with each other.  It all depends on the circumstance, from what I've read, this circumstance does not read like it's one of them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Carlos said:

While Leonard might be in the wrong for not honoring his signature, isn't there something in law that declares a contract null and void if its conditions are illegal or unenforceable?

It could depend on who notarized it.  Also, there is this:  

Basically, a court won't enforce a contract if it's clearly and grossly unfair or one-sided and the party the contract favors had more bargaining power when the contract was made.

Which would depend on how a court rules.  But I can't see a court accepting a case based on the RA.  

• Like 6

Well we know Priya the only lawyer we know has seen it ripped it to shreds  with a quick look thru. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, JE7 said:

Well we know Priya the only lawyer we know has seen it ripped it to shreds  with a quick look thru. 

Yes she did, that "cursory reading".  

• Like 2