The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion Topic: Season 9

49 minutes ago, nibbler747 said:
1 hour ago, JE7 said:

Engaged???  The clip was TOS not TNG you heretic :icon_rolleyes: :icon_razz:

Lol.  I figured it was allowed since its in the Star Trek family! :shy:

New generation did not start until 1987. I had a new job no cable and no time for TV. My Star trek watching mostly ended in 1979 when I headed off to university.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vittoria Jacoel said:

Bill doesn t post anything!emoji20.png

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Maybe CBS complained about the last time, because we learned about the cave.

Just conspiracy theory 

Sheldon stopped the countdown, with only one second to go, but, according to Kirk, below 5 seconds, it can't be stopped huh.gif 

10 hours ago, mjc45 said:

o'kay penny did it one time in 8 seasons,

She's done it at least three times.

She did it in The Panty Pinata Polarization, and The Monopolar Expedition.

4 hours ago, djsurrey said:

New generation did not start until 1987.

It's Next Generation, not New Generation.

New Generation is a dancing class.

6 hours ago, Tonstar17 said:

I think the season final will be Leonard leaving to go see his dad because his marriage isn't working out and the cliffhanger will be, will they get back together or not.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

I think the finale will be his dad telling Lenny he got the waitress into trouble, didn't marry her when his divorce came through so she left him holding the baby which he dumps  on Lenny to look after and bring up. 

Yes the living arrangements are ridiculous. Yes Lenny's marriage isn't perfect. But there is nothing that has occurred on any episode this season to suggest their breaking up since Leonard mentioned the kiss. The only talk about a breakup has been on this thread.

• Like 3

I don't think there'll be a Lenny breakup.

If they were going to break up, it would've happened immediately after the kiss revelation, in 8.24.

The only real unhappiness I can see, is regarding Penny's career, and I'm expecting her to go back to acting, if only part-time.

Edited by Stephen Hawking
  • Like 1

Leonard is overwhelmed by emotions and has so much love to give, and must feel alienated and helpless in pleasing penny and her devalue and disrespectful of her husband must surely make him sometimes feel unworthy and unable to calm and soothe his wife, I feel that Penny does not understand Leonard perspective and needs and is inconsiderate, she just comes up with excuses like Leonard doesn't understand me and no longer cares how he feels to justify her frustration, anger and displeasure with her life choices on Leonard and so in protection she is pulling away and I hope something happens, in the final and Leonard suddenly sees Penny in a different light and perceives penny as to no longer be the kind, thoughtful, loving person he married but rather the person who does not care about him or value his heart. And hopefully he will not doubt his commitment or his love, just at this moment he dislikes penny and seriously thinks of leaving her. Leonard and Penny need to sit together and risk talking openly and not let the difficulties that differences bring trigger their rigid cycle of criticism, blame, defensiveness, and withdrawal. It is in this cycle that i think Lenny lose sight of each other’s value.i m sure on many occasions Leonard must feel that Penny is never there for him. It's a sad vicious cycle which can trigger interpretations of feeling alone and depressed. For me I don't see any thing will change anytime soon until the writers get off their backside and start to resolve lenny issues instead of creating drama that is forgotten or never resolved, this cycle will continue.i just hope they free leonard and let him find peace somewhere else if they are not willing to invest in lenny.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

i just hope they free Leonard and let him find peace somewhere else if they are not willing to invest in Lenny.

Has Leonard ever found peace (or indeed, happiness), anywhere, other than with Penny?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Yes the living arrangements are ridiculous. Yes Lenny's marriage isn't perfect. But there is nothing that has occurred on any episode this season to suggest their breaking up since Leonard mentioned the kiss. The only talk about a breakup has been on this thread.

Penny's comments towards Dr Gallo about missing that her life was much simpler is probably more of a sign of potential trouble than Leonard's kiss IMO. There have also been instances where Penny hasn't supported Leonard and he has called her out on it.

I think everyone assumes that Leonard's dad is going to shake things up, but we don't know that. I mean they weren't close at all by the sounds of it, if his dad comes and gives him some advice would Leonard listen to it? I doubt it. Penny and his friends have been there for him more than his parents have.

Leonard's dad coming just could be a way for them to just reconnect. Maybe leaving Leonard's mum has changed his priorities and realizes that he wasn't a good father and wants to change that now.

I think the living arrangements could be resolved but why does it have to be done with turmoil. Maybe Sheldon just says to them I think it's time you move out, I am ready for it and I want to live with Amy. If Sheldon does propose you would assume he would be ready or almost ready to live with her.

I would have Leonard and Penny move out, Amy move in with Sheldon maybe with an engagement either in the finale or the episode before and then Raj has to get out of dodge after ending up alone because he wants to have his cake and eat it and at the same time pissing off some of his closest friends with his behavior.

Edited by Jonny83
  • Like 4

On 3/28/2016 at 5:51 PM, SRAM said:

but do you think that Leonard's father showing up in the finale is because May is suppose to be Leonard's birthday month?ing for her husband birthday, wouldn't it.

According to Big Bang Wiki, his birthday is definitely May, and he was born in 1980.

On 3/29/2016 at 3:14 AM, cAntonio Santos said:

Any ideas what penny's new career will be?

I think she'll go back to acting, even if only part-time.

On 3/30/2016 at 2:17 AM, 4everlenny said:

In 4B, behind a triple locked, new sound-proof door with a Do Not Disturb sign written in Klingon hung from the knob!

And also a tie hanging from doorknob. :icon_biggrin: 

On 3/30/2016 at 0:28 PM, cAntonio Santos said:

At this point Leonard doesn't mind if penny remembers  or not bis birthday; he married the girl of his dreams, so he is okay. :-)

On 3/30/2016 at 0:56 PM, JE7 said:

You can't seriously think that can you???

I'm a bit older than Leonard (who just said 'a bit?' ? :angry: ), but, personally, i'm delighted when people don't remember/celebrate my birthday.

21 hours ago, kimbee73 said:

But do we really want all four of them together. I for one do not want that although I can think there would be some funny moments with the four of them in the same apartment, especially with one bathroom and Sheldon's strict bathroom policy.

I actually think it would be hilarious! I love when the 4 of them go out and double date and even if Shamy are in 4a, Lenny in 4b I think they will all be hanging out together all the time anyways :) 

• Like 3

On 3/30/2016 at 1:24 PM, loverofallnerdythings394 said:

Regarding the birthday thing, this season finale airs the same day that The Peanut Reaction aired during the first season. Penny said that his birthday was on Saturday so that makes his birthday May 17

Actually, the Peanut Reaction aired on Monday May 5th 2008, so the Saturday would be May 10th.

That makes Leonard's birthday May 10th, which will be a Tuesday this year.

i just hope they free Leonard and let him find peace somewhere else if they are not willing to invest in Lenny.

Has Leonard ever found peace (or indeed, happiness), anywhere, other than with Penny?

Happy. Not this season. Apart from when he got married. The way penny treats him he should not be happy and must see that Penny is not happy too. But as tptb likes to make him the whipping boy. He will just put up with it and just like the lenny fans, he will take the little crumbles that Penny gives him once in a while.

• Like 3

I wonder if all this Shenny stuff, is building to a showdown?

Amy having a go at Penny, over Penny hogging Amy's boyfriend, and Leonard having a go at Sheldon, over him hogging his wife?

It could result in a huge argument, leading to Leonard and Penny storming out of 4A, to live in 4B, while Sheldon asks Amy to move in with him.

6 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

Happy. Not this season. Apart from when he got married.

That's not what I said/meant.

What I said/meant was, has Leonard ever been really happy, except when he's with Penny?

The answer, I suggest, is no.

He had a brief period with Priya, where he was enjoying himself, but I think that was more to do with the sex, than true happiness.

IMO, once Priya started pressuring him to keep away from Penny, she was on her way out.

If she hadn't finished the relationship, by sleeping with her ex, I think she'd have soon been history anyway, due to her pressuring him to stop associating with Penny.

As for his other female encounters, I don't think any were really about anything more than sex.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Carlos said:

Excuse me for asking this but why is it so hard for a woman (Penny) who loves a man (Leonard) to take his side most of the time or at the very least not take somebody else's side?

Well, I don't think that she should take his side just because they're married. But there are times like this recent one that she should have but she didn't. I'm not sure why though.

Some of my favorite moments have been interactions between Penny and Sheldon. I am not on the Amy/Sheldon train. In the past I've liked Penny and Sheldon showing compassion toward each other (not necessarily understanding each other, but making the attempt) and Penny often "gets" Sheldon in a way no one else does (I'm not on board the Penny hate train either, though I think the writers aren't giving her much interesting to work with now). What I don't like is the deficit of imagination that causes every main character to be forced into a male/female relationship. :icon_rolleyes:
Maybe I'm just about at the end with this show because so much what I liked about it has been abandoned for the sake of fitting the romcom formula. Maybe I'm just too old for this crud now. It's a possibility, LOL
(But this is the only current sitcom I do watch because others are not that funny to me.)

Btw. NEW Episode tonight!  :shy:

how_016.gif

• Like 5

Excuse me for asking this but why is it so hard for a woman (Penny) who loves a man (Leonard) to take his side most of the time or at the very least not take somebody else's side?

Well, I don't think that she should take his side just because they're married. But there are times like this recent one that she should have but she didn't. I'm not sure why though.

That's is what is so baffling. And the most annoying thing is we don't get to find out why? so all we can do is speculate because tptb loves leaving things open.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, veejay said:

Some of my favorite moments have been interactions between Penny and Sheldon. I am not on the Amy/Sheldon train. In the past I've liked Penny and Sheldon showing compassion toward each other (not necessarily understanding each other, but making the attempt) and Penny often "gets" Sheldon in a way no one else does (I'm not on board the Penny hate train either, though I think the writers aren't giving her much interesting to work with now). What I don't like is the deficit of imagination that causes every main character to be forced into a male/female relationship. :icon_rolleyes:
Maybe I'm just about at the end with this show because so much what I liked about it has been abandoned for the sake of fitting the romcom formula. Maybe I'm just too old for this crud now. It's a possibility, LOL
(But this is the only current sitcom I do watch because others are not that funny to me.)

how_016.gif

Who are you and what have you done with my happy Veejay? :girlumbrage:

excited-baby.gif

• Like 4

This is my guess on how things might go down at the end of the season.  

i think his dad will come to visit with his younger girlfriend.  I think Leonard will be generally happy to see his dad because usually he does not put much effort to see his son.  I think there will be some funny father son moments, and they will have their own unique dynamic.  Maybe Leonatd will like the new "Step-mom" and go on about how perfect she is for his dad.  Maybe the girlfriend is very dense, but pretty and very doting.

Penny on the other hand might see things differently.  I think she'll see his father and girlfriend and draw parallels to her own life with Leonard.  Academic with "waitress" girlfriend.  This will bother her because she doesn't like the girlfriend. Then she'll be REALLY bothered  by the fact that Leonards thinks his dad's girlfriend is great.  Then she'll start wondering, is that the type of woman Leonard was looking for?  That's so not me.  Que Penny freak out.  

Lol, to be honest I think it won't be half that dramatic.  It's a sitcom.  I think his dad will visit and bestow the importance of being a real team to Lenny  and how that was missing for him and Beverly.  Lenny will realize that they aren't putting proper effort into their marriage and recommit to each other.  Cue them deciding to move back into 4B.  I think that could be realistic ( and funny and cute).  Cliffhanger could be about Sheldon wanting Amy to move in.

Edited by nibbler747
  • Like 4

47 minutes ago, veejay said:

how_016.gif

You are the master of Gif-Fu and rarely write long posts, but when you do.....Damn

87Jjd_s-200x150.gif

• Like 2

On 31.3.2016 at 4:03 PM, Strawberry PopTart Fan said:

Who are you and what have you done with my happy Veejay? :girlumbrage:

excited-baby.gif

LOL

On 31.3.2016 at 4:17 PM, JE7 said:

You are the master of Gif-Fu and rarely write long posts, but when you do.....Damn

Well, sometimes I have to grumble! :shy:

Edited by veejay
  • Like 3

Oops, you're right. :blush: 

I was reading the date from the one above.

It was indeed May 12th, making Leonard's birthday May 17th, which this year is a Tuesday.

• Like 1