Jump to content
The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion Topic: Season 9

Recommended Posts

Guest

I love that everyone's pissed and jumping conclusions, without knowing anything about the episode.

Do you really think they're gonna throw Zack in, just for another bump for Leonard and Penny? I doubt it. They already did that "married" thing in 7.09, it would feel a little odd if he came back a few years later, just to reveal another secret. I don't even get why people are talking about Zack as if he's some kind of supervillain whose power is to ruin relationships on purpose. He might be an idiot, yes, but he's actually a really nice and innocent guy. I can't think of an episode where he did any major damage to any of the couples. Heck, he doesn't even have to communicate with Penny to make an appearance. And yes, that happened before. In 4.17, for example, Sheldon invited Zack over for karaoke. I also don't get how anyone could possibly think that Penny would leave Leonard for Zack, just because they had a little argument. Just... what?! <_<

 

Edited by Tensor
Comment edited to comply with recent rules update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, FileXxX said:

I love that everyone's pissed and jumping conclusions, without knowing anything about the episode.

LOL, it's becoming a tradition.  It happens....every......single......week.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, FileXxX said:

I love that everyone's pissed and jumping conclusions, without knowing anything about the episode.

Do you really think they're gonna throw Zack in, just for another bump for Leonard and Penny? I doubt it. They already did that "married" thing in 7.09, it would feel a little odd if he came back a few years later, just to reveal another secret. I don't even get why people are talking about Zack as if he's some kind of supervillain whose power is to ruin relationships on purpose. He might be an idiot, yes, but he's actually a really nice and innocent guy. I can't think of an episode where he did any major damage to any of the couples. Heck, he doesn't even have to communicate with Penny to make an appearance. And yes, that happened before. In 4.17, for example, Sheldon invited Zack over for karaoke. I also don't get how anyone could possibly think that Penny would leave Leonard for Zack, just because they had a little argument. Just... what?! <_<

Tonstar, I really don't understand your stubbornness towards the new episode. How can you be so critical while you haven't even seen it yet? Maybe you should start watching the episodes instead of reading them?

Agreed. He's only going to be on this one episode. Even, the worse case scenario,is he's still married to Penny. And you could turn that into a positive that you might get a real Lenny wedding. His only super villain power is stupidity and he has shown that in every episode he's been on. It could be anything since everyone knows who he is. He's hung out with Sheldon before. maybe he on to take care of a horny Amy.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
8 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Even, the worse case scenario,is he's still married to Penny.

Even if, it wouldn't make a difference anyway because it's neither Leonard's, nor Penny's fault. They signed the paper, their job is done. Besides, you can't get married while you're still legally married. They would've found out about it by now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Agreed. He's only going to be on this one episode. Even, the worse case scenario,is he's still married to Penny. And you could turn that into a positive that you might get a real Lenny wedding. His only super villain power is stupidity and he has shown that in every episode he's been on. It could be anything since everyone knows who he is. He's hung out with Sheldon before. maybe he on to take care of a horny Amy.

There's the Chrismo I know!!  :icon_wink:

I was actually starting to wonder if you were being possessed or something.  The last few posts of yours were actually nice and made sense (regarding Lenny) and I actually agree with you on it.  Had me a little worried there...(who where you and what did you do with Chrismo?)

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, FileXxX said:

Even if, it wouldn't make a difference anyway because it's neither Leonard's, nor Penny's fault. They signed the paper, their job is done. Besides, you can't get married while you're still legally married. They would've found out about it by now.

Not necessarily.  It took Penny three years to find out she was married to Zack, and that was only by accident.  If Penny and Leonard had gotten married within those three years, Penny would have gotten married to Leonard, while being legally married to Zack, that would nullify Leonard and Penny's wedding.   The main reason it's thought that Zack and Penny are still married, is it give TPTB a chance to redo the wedding, as they would not be legally married.   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no doubt that Leonard checked, double checked, checked again and then had the final confirmation of the annulment laminated and keeps it in a locked box.

Penny and Zack too dumb to know if they are married or not? Yes. Leonard not at all following up on that shit? No. :no: 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From Jim's Weibo account

Tuesday night in Los Angeles = SHOW NIGHT! With Kaley! 

006qyfFOjw1f2mnhj1vknj30zk0qo487.jpg

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
1 minute ago, Tensor said:

Not necessarily.  It took Penny three years to find out she was married to Zack, and that was only by accident.  If Penny and Leonard had gotten married within those three years, Penny would have gotten married to Leonard, while being legally married to Zack.   The main reason it's thought that Zack and Penny are still married, is it give TPTB a chance to redo the wedding.   

Why would they consider re-doing their wedding, just because of some pseudo marriage that is basically a piece of paper? That doesn't make any sense. Besides, they had a nice wedding, they don't even have a reason to re-do it.

If Penny got married to Leonard while still being legally married to Zack, her marriage with Leonard would be void. They'll eventually tell you about that if you tried.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

10 minutes ago, FileXxX said:

Why would they consider re-doing their wedding, just because of some pseudo marriage that is basically a piece of paper? That doesn't make any sense. Besides, they had a nice wedding, they don't even have a reason to re-do it.

If Penny got married to Leonard while still being legally married to Zack, her marriage with Leonard would be void. They'll eventually tell you about that if you tried.

If Penny's marriage to Leonard is void, because she was still legally married to Zack, Leonard and Penny would have to redo their wedding, if they wanted to be married to each other.  That's why they would consider re-doing their wedding.  And yes, just because of that pseudo marriage that is basically a piece of paper.  If the annulment wasn't completed, that piece of paper controls.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Tensor said:

 

If Penny's married to Leonard is void, because she was still legally married to Zack, Leonard and Penny would have to redo their wedding, if they wanted to be married to each other.  That's why they would consider re-doing their wedding.  And yes, just because of that pseudo marriage that is basically a piece of paper.  If the annulment wasn't completed, that piece of paper controls.

 

Leonard is the one who submitted the annulment paperwork, I can't imagine that he didn't make sure that everything was properly filed.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
3 minutes ago, Tensor said:

 

If Penny's married to Leonard is void, because she was still legally married to Zack, Leonard and Penny would have to redo their wedding, if they wanted to be married to each other.  

I highly doubt they wouldn't have found out about it by now. And Penny would certainly not be called "Hofstadter" if their marriage was void. And since Vegas weddings are official, their wedding needed to be registered and that would cause conflicts if she was still married to another man at that point. They wouldn't even have to re-do their wedding. They could just sign the papers and get over it, because nothing changed at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FileXxX said:

I highly doubt they wouldn't have found out about it by now. And Penny would certainly not be called "Hofstadter" if their marriage was void. And since Vegas weddings are official, their wedding needed to be registered and that would cause conflicts if she was still married to another man at that point. They wouldn't even have to re-do their wedding. They could just sign the papers and get over it, because nothing changed at all.

Yeah, I have to agree. I find it really hard to believe Leonard made any kind of oversight, given how upset he was. 

I doubt they would redo their wedding. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Kathy2611 said:

There's the Chrismo I know!!  :icon_wink:

I was actually starting to wonder if you were being possessed or something.  The last few posts of yours were actually nice and made sense (regarding Lenny) and I actually agree with you on it.  Had me a little worried there...(who where you and what did you do with Chrismo?)

All this talk about Zack being on and most seem to think it has to be about Lenny. My point was it could be about anything and anyone even Amy

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, FileXxX said:

I highly doubt they wouldn't have found out about it by now. And Penny would certainly not be called "Hofstadter" if their marriage was void. And since Vegas weddings are official, their wedding needed to be registered and that would cause conflicts if she was still married to another man at that point. They wouldn't even have to re-do their wedding. They could just sign the papers and get over it, because nothing changed at all.

If they had no reason to think it didn't go through, they wouldn't necessarily worry about it.   If Penny presented their license, signed by the person performing the wedding, then she would be legally able to change her name, even if no one was aware that the other marriage was still valid.

You are assuming that officials check deeply into whether there is something unusual about the paperwork presented.  If they have no reason to think there is a problem, they won't bother, and there will be no conflicts.     

The city of Las Vegas is not required to check to see if an annulment or divorce actually took place, especially if the annulment or divorce took place in a different state.  If Penny thought the anullemnt went through, she would simply put the month and year (that is all that is required) in the appropriate box in the license application, and they may just accept the form.   And yes, if the annulment was not completed for some reason, they would have to redo their wedding.   Their marriage would be null and void, legally.  

As far as Leonard checking, they had him cheat on Penny, and then keep it secret for two years.  They had Penny married for three years without knowing it.   If they think they can get some comedy out of the annulment never becoming official and Leonard and Penny's wedding not being legal, they will do it. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't bet the farm in Nebraska that zack coming back will be good for lenny

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really see no reason to think Zack is there for Lenny.   That said, Steve Molaro said they hadn't thought about redoing the wedding, but we all know how reliable Steve can be when laying out anything coming up on the show.   They are aware large portions of the fandom were not happy with the way the wedding arc played out, nor how it was interrupted(although the vows were so cute).   If they see a chance at comedy (like they saw comedy with Penny and Zack's marriage), and the bonus is a redo of the wedding, they could get it by having the annulment not completed.   It happens in real life.  People get married multiple times, with their partners not knowing the other marriage(s) are still seen as valid.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
What if Zack is there to validate Penny's choice of Leonard. 

Begone, Squidley! Your positive spin is not wanted in this thread!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Tensor said:

 

As far as Leonard checking, they had him cheat on Penny, and then keep it secret for two years.  They had Penny married for three years without knowing it.   If they think they can get some comedy out of the annulment never becoming official and Leonard and Penny's wedding not being legal, they will do it. 

I could be wrong, and will find out in a few hours, but I think any annulment comedy is not existent. In regards to Leonard cheating IMO that served two purposes. The minor one was to keep Lenny in a bit of marital discord delaying any advancements in their relationship. The major reason was to keep Leonard and Sheldon together for another year. While TPTB succeeded in actually doing that it certainly affected the quality of the show. They know that. Granted they won't admit it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think there  was no comedy in Penny's part getting cut from NCIS.  Nor was there a lot of comedy in the Shamy breakup.  That didn't stop them from doing the arc, simply because it was part of them going in a certain direction, and mostly because they see comedy in the plot.  I can see them using Zack to get their marriage righted (granted there are some who don't see a problem) and if part of that is a redo of the wedding, Zack and an incomplete annulment will fit right into that.  Again, I have no reason to think there is a certain way they are going to use Zack, but hell, we speculate all the time.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Tensor said:

I really see no reason to think Zack is there for Lenny.   That said, Steve Molaro said they hadn't thought about redoing the wedding, but we all know how reliable Steve can be when laying out anything coming up on the show.   They are aware large portions of the fandom were not happy with the way the wedding arc played out, nor how it was interrupted(although the vows were so cute).   If they see a chance at comedy (like they saw comedy with Penny and Zack's marriage), and the bonus is a redo of the wedding, they could get it by having the annulment not completed.   It happens in real life.  People get married multiple times, with their partners not knowing the other marriage(s) are still seen as valid.

Oh, flashback to Penny and Zack getting married. :icon_twisted: :drinks:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.