The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion Topic: Season 9

I don't know if this has been discussed before but remember when Claire says she was writing a screen play but it wasn't really working out.  I mean, what if for some reason Penny and Claire collaborated together to work on the film but I guess based on numerous hints it would probably never happen.  Penny has moved on from acting and all... and Steve Molaro did say that she was going find something else (and not acting), and maybe more to her liking, maybe? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, snow*flower said:

I don't know if this has been discussed before but remember when Claire says she was writing a screen play but it wasn't really working out.  I mean, what if for some reason Penny and Claire collaborated together to work on the film but I guess based on numerous hints it would probably never happen.  Penny has moved on from acting and all... and Steve Molaro did say that she was going find something else (and not acting), and maybe more to her liking, maybe? 

I have a feeling Claire won't be on that many more episodes for that to happen.

4 hours ago, Squidley said:

What if Zack is there to validate Penny's choice of Leonard. 

Hi Squidley, long time not post as I been away for a while.

Why? It's not like we haven't been down this road on several occasion with Penny supposedly choosing Leonard. It NEVER sticks for long. It's always one step forward and three steps back.  

For me personally, I just don't get the feeling that Penny is in really into Leonard or their marriage. Sorry to say it but that's how the character make me feel when it comes to Leonard.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, ArmyGirl said:

Hi Squidley, long time not post as I been away for a while.

Why? It's not like we haven't been down this road on several occasion with Penny supposedly choosing Leonard. It NEVER sticks for long. It's always one step forward and three steps back.  

For me personally, I just don't get the feeling that Penny is in really into Leonard or their marriage. Sorry to say it but that's how the character make me feel when it comes to Leonard.

So that's why Leonard cheated on her?

23 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Also you can repeat the same thing about Leonard over and over but it doesn't change the fact that Penny has been lousy wife to her supposedly husband Leonard.

Edited by Tensor
Comment removed to comply with recent rules update.
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Pretend its a pen and let it go :icon_rolleyes:

• Like 6

Just now, ArmyGirl said:

You don't to reply to my comments as you seem to hate me voicing my opinion. 0

Also you can repeat the same thing about Leonard but it doesn't change the fact that Penny has been lousy to her supposedly husband Leonard.

It also doesn't change the fact that Leonard cheated on Penny. I can acknowledge that at times Penny hasn't been the nicest to him but you seem okay with Leonard cheating.

Supposedly she forgave him imo penny is wrong if that's the reason she acts like she does toward him and if it is she should have never married him

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, camelliayao said:

First, good news. Tonight's episode was drama free yay!

Lenny, Howard, Amy, Raj and Claire went to the wine tasting party. They met Zack there. Sheldon and Bernie stayed at 4A for a fun evening (Bernie can't drink wine because of her pregnancy and Sheldon didn't want to go).

So cold open was the seven of them having dinner at 4A. Penny talked about this wine tasting party and asked if anyone wanted to go. Leonard asked how come being a scientist can't get these external benefits. Sheldon said he doesn't care because he went into science for internal peace/pleasure (or something like that). Amy pointed out that's not true because Sheldon still wants to get a Nobel. Sheldon said I also told you to not me in front of our friends. (Amy and Sheldon had some more lines here. Sorry I can't remember. But basically it was just the usual Shamy being funny)

At the wine tasting party, Zack asked about the guys' work. They told him about their navigation system (They've done building the prototype). Zack then asked if their system would be used by the military, which got Leonard to worry. Later in the bathroom he raised his concerns with Howard and Howard said well if their invention were to be used for something bad, someone should've already come back from the future to kill them by now.

Zack then met Claire and was about to hit on her until Raj said Claire's with him. Raj told Zack about him and Claire's "casual" relationship. Later Raj accidently blurted out about the fact that he was seeing someone else at the same time in front of Claire. Claire was not satisfied with their situation.

Sheldon and Bernie's storyline was basically Sheldon being sweet. They played with model trains, studied different kinds of toasts and played D&D for the evening. Sheldon prepared a D&D game specificly for Bernie. The night turned out to be a lot of fun. Bernie thanked Sheldon because ever since she got pregnant, she became this "pregnant Bernadette" and she was able to be old herself this evening.

Tag scene was the next morning, Leonard asked Sheldon about the military thing. (First take) Sheldon gave the same answer as Howard's. (Second take I forgot sorry)

So no drama. Jokes were fine but not very funny. We didn't get to watch 9x21. They showed us 9x20 before the taping.

THANK YOU!   Can you give us the name of the episode?

14 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

It also doesn't change the fact that Leonard cheated on Penny. I can acknowledge that at times Penny hasn't been the nicest to him but you seem okay with Leonard cheating.

Wow you really have a problem with people not bowing down at the altar of Penny.

As for admitting Leonard cheated, I did and pitch a freaking fit at the writers pulling it out of their arses when I first read about (wanted to pimp slap Leonard too). At least Leonard is trying to be a good husband now while the same can't be said for Penny. I wish Leonard would move into 4B and let Penny and Sheldon have 4A since they are two perfect people, that are having a hard time with their S/O.  Then Penny won't have to put up with cheater Leonard and she gets to be roommates with the wisest man she know, she gets to coddle, she get always be on his side, and she gets to stroke his ego and so on! 

Edited by ArmyGirl
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, camelliayao said:

The name was "The Fermentation Bifurcation"

That's clever.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

Supposedly she forgave him imo penny is wrong if that's the reason she acts like she does toward him and if it is she should have never married him

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

But if Leonard is okay with Penny then there isn't really a problem.

6 minutes ago, ArmyGirl said:

Wow you really have a problem with people not bowing down at the altar of Penny.

As for admitting Leonard cheated, I did and pitch a freaking fit at the writers pulling it out of their arses when I first read about (wanted to pimp slap Leonard too). At least Leonard is trying to be a good husband now while the same can't be said for Penny. I wish Leonard would move into 4B and let Penny and Sheldon have 4A since they are two perfect people, that are having a hard time with their S/O.  Then Penny won't have to put up with cheater Leonard and she gets to be roommates with the wisest man she know, she gets to coddle, she get always be on his side, and she gets to stroke his ego and so on! 

Oh boy, ok, I'll bite.  In what way is Sheldon "having a hard time" with Amy?  As if...like Sheldon said long ago, they truly do have the best relationship in the group. :-)

Edited by jlove
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, ArmyGirl said:

But isn't  it the same writers who write both Leonard and Penny's characters? If you blame the writers for Leonard cheating you should blame the writers for how Penny treats Leonard.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, jlove said:

Oh boy, ok, I'll bite.  In what way is Sheldon "having a hard time" with Amy?  As if.

In no way. Every time these comments are made they conveniently forget that S and A are fine and Sheldon would never leave Amy for Penny.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Judith said:

In no way. Every time these comments are made they conveniently forget that S and A are fine and Sheldon would never leave Amy for Penny.

As if Penny or any other woman would take him?

Come on people it's a TV show, and this is a place to discuss it but theres no need to get snarky with other posters just because they see things differently 

Civility and common courtesy should not be to hard to manage

Edited by JE7
  • Like 8

3 minutes ago, JE7 said:

Come on people it's a TV show, and tgis is a place to discuss it but theres no need to get snarky with other posters just because they see things differently 

Civility and common courtesy should not be to hard to manage

Trust me, I know very well it's a TV show. I've been reading such comments for a long time and I could ignore them but I guess this was one too many of them.