[Spoilers] Discussion Topic: Season 9

Tensor

Looking forward the Sheldon and Bernie interaction scenes most by the sounds of the Taping report. Raj is usually the go to guy in terms of Bernie interactions if Howard isn't around but with Raj having his own storyline it's interesting that they turned to Sheldon. 

Any scenes that involve characters that don't interact that much are usually quite interesting. I've always held the view that Sheldon and Bernie for the most part do get along pretty well, it's only when Sheldon puts down Howard that she tends to get aggressive with him though she is defending her man so that is only natural.

If anyone was to treat Bernie like the pre-pregnant Bernie and not keeping making a big deal out of it it's Sheldon. Which I guess she would appreciate.

• Like 4

Get over it. Leonard did not cheat! He drunk kissed a promiscuous girl on a boat, while not married. It's not cheating. Once some people here get over that, they can go on with (BBT) life.

HOWEVER, ever since Kaley/Penny cut her hair, she has seem disinterested in how Penny is played, especially toward Leonard. I really think the writers should reign in the constant Leonard put downs, unless it's leading to Leonard's dad recognizing it as how he and his wife started down that path and pointing it out TO PENNY, and not Leonard.

• Like 5

I've thought for a while that the end of season cliffhanger or turmoil storyline is going to be focused on Raj, which is why I posted on the who leaves at the end of the season poll thread that my prediction was Raj. Everything seems to point towards Lenny but that could be a red herring.

It seems like the writers are digging him deeper and deeper in a hole that he can't get out of. But Howard is probably the key here, if Raj ends up alone he is going to turn to his closest friend for solace and I am not sure Howard will give it him. The old pre-Bernadette Howard would have been encouraging Raj and likely would have been jealous that he was involved with two women, but now? Howard has grown up I think Raj could be surprised at his reaction if he seeks his counsel.

Raj ending up with no relationship and alienating his friends is a real possibility. A massive bust up and lack of sympathy towards him could see him leave for a while.

I would probably welcome it tbh, Raj needs something like this to happen for him to grow up.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Serena_nyc1995 said:

[ -- SNIP -- ]

Its like I don't even know who these people are anymore.  I would have expected them to atleast inject some teeny tiny feminist outlook into their advice to Raj and NOT stereotypically  act  so bitchy against other girls, all the, while drinking wine- jeez, how much more cliche can u get ? Lol :icon_cheesygrin:

[ -- SNIP --]

Completely agree with this. You can really tell that the show's primary writers are men. 

• Like 1

I don't think the cliffhanger will be Raj and his love life. No offense but not as important as some other things floating out there plus Its gotta somehow tie into one of the big three to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

2 hours ago, kazzie said:

Thanks for the report Camelliayao! :)

No drama! No Zack hitting on penny, See! all is fine.. But the Raj stuff? Meh...

Never saw Zack ever hitting on Penny. some of us figured he would hit on Claire. Raj commenting to Zack he is dating two women at the same time (in front of Claire) another typically stupid move. How did Raj get two hot (IMO) women to date him at the same time anyways?

27 minutes ago, Jonny83 said:

I've thought for a while that the end of season cliffhanger or turmoil storyline is going to be focused on Raj, which is why I posted on the who leaves at the end of the season poll thread that my prediction was Raj. Everything seems to point towards Lenny but that could be a red herring.

It seems like the writers are digging him deeper and deeper in a hole that he can't get out of. But Howard is probably the key here, if Raj ends up alone he is going to turn to his closest friend for solace and I am not sure Howard will give it him. The old pre-Bernadette Howard would have been encouraging Raj and likely would have been jealous that he was involved with two women, but now? Howard has grown up I think Raj could be surprised at his reaction if he seeks his counsel.

Raj ending up with no relationship and alienating his friends is a real possibility. A massive bust up and lack of sympathy towards him could see him leave for a while.

I would probably welcome it tbh, Raj needs something like this to happen for him to grow up.

Oh please let this happen, he can move back to India and let his mother arrange a marriage and everyone (especially me) will be happier

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, BigBang15 said:

HOWEVER, ever since Kaley/Penny cut her hair, she has seem disinterested in how Penny is played, especially toward Leonard. I really think the writers should reign in the constant Leonard put downs, unless it's leading to Leonard's dad recognizing it as how he and his wife started down that path and pointing it out TO PENNY, and not Leonard.

I think that is a possibility with Leonard's Dad's appearance espicially since both appeared to just let it go in regards to their spouses. It also could coincide with Lenny moving out.

• Like 1

Thank you for the TR, @camelliayao!!

Finally a proper dinner with the whole gang in 4a?? I missed that so much!

I'm also really digging that we're getting a Sheldon/Bernadette B plot. I love it when they give us one of the more unusual pairings and even more so when they end up having a surprisingly good time. Sounds really cute and sweet. I'm sure every woman who's ever been pregnant can relate to Bernie feeling left out and just wanting to be treated normal. Maybe that's why they showed 9x20 to give the audience a better sense of Bernie's situation right now??

LMAO @ our speculations regarding Zack leading nowhere. But hey, at least he's asking an interesting question about the ethical ramifications of the guys' science project and kinda throwing a wrench into the Raj/Claire situation. Good boy, Zack!

Also, ugh Raj.

Oh I think he is going to get his douchiness thrown back to him in spades. I can see Claire and Emily ganging up on him. I do like Emily with him a lot more, but Claire doesn't deserve that shit either.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, JE7 said:

Oh please let this happen, he can move back to India and let his mother arrange a marriage and everyone (especially me) will be happier

I wouldn't go that far but I get the frustration with the Raj character.

For me personally his character just feels the weakest of the lot, don't get me wrong he has has some very funny moments but they are usually as part of a subplot of some other characters storyline. The writers decided that he couldn't talk to women at all, but when they changed that and his subsequent behavior after that maybe it was a good thing he couldn't talk to them.

Leonard, Penny, Sheldon, Amy, Howard and Bernadette have all really grown as characters but where is Raj's character growth?

I just think he needs to find a girl (one, not two or three) and settle down a bit. The writers could then have some fun with their interactions, he comes across as very metrosexual and that could play off well with a significant other.

Edited by Jonny83

8 minutes ago, mphs95 said:

Oh I think is going to get his douchiness thrown back to him in spades. I can see Claire and Emily ganging up on him. I do like Emily with him a lot more, but Claire doesn't deserve that shit either.

I think this is a way to get rid of Claire. She ends up with Zack.

Edited by Chrismo
  • Like 1

I think that is a possibility with Leonard's Dad's appearance espicially since both appeared to just let it go in regards to their spouses. It also could coincide with Lenny moving out.

Or maybe his dad's words lead Leonard to confront Penny and give an ultimatum about moving out with him or he's going without her. She won't leave and blows it off, but Leonard really does it this time and moves out. Penny whines to Sheldon who now sees that he needs to be on his own and asks her to leave, too. She goes to Amy or Bernadette who support Leonard.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, JE7 said:

There's an equal chance of that happening as Sheldon going back to Texas, Leonard to New Jersey and Penny to Nebraska.

• Like 2

Hi all, I just wanted to get this out and see if there's other thoughts on this.  I think that there might be some more stuff with the Howardette baby storyline.  Perhaps they find out that it's a boy (or it doesn't have to be, just a scan maybe) but something sets Howard thinking about the kind of Dad he's going to be, bring on thinking about his own father abandoning him and why and he decides to go back to the letter and read it... In the mean time Leonard's Dad for some reason (he's feeling unwell?) decides he should see his offspring, cue surprise visit to one Leonard Hofstadter.  Add some extra comedy about the others like Raj finds out Claire has hooked up casually with Zack (because Zack doesn't quite get 'casual') and is two timing him and Raj.  Emily finds out and wants to have it out with Raj who decides he needs to hide it out at Sheldon and Leonard's as he can't sleep alone in his flat (opening up for Leonard to move out, Raj to move in later...please). Howard finds a picture of his father in the letter and decides to go talk to the gang about it at Sheldon and Leonard's.  The cliff hanger is he walks in and sees Leonard's Dad, is suddenly stricken by shock and grabs the photo out of his pocket as he faints.  Everybody gathers around and we all see it's a photo of... dun, dun, DUN... Leonard's Dad.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jonny83 said:

LOL Maybe the gang ends up like:

HIMYMIntervention.jpg

37 minutes ago, Jonny83 said:

I just think he needs to find a girl (one, not two or three) and settle down a bit. The writers could then have some fun with their interactions, he comes across as very metrosexual and that could play off well with a significant other.

That's really the most infuriating thing, isn't it? He could be a genuinely sweet and funny guy if he'd just stopped being an asshole when it comes to dating. ughhh Maybe S10??? /wishful thinking

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, April said:

LOL Maybe the gang ends up like:

HIMYMIntervention.jpg

That's really the most infuriating thing, isn't it? He could be a genuinely sweet and funny guy if he'd just stopped being an asshole when it comes to dating. ughhh Maybe S10??? /wishful thinking

But he's been a jerk about dating for awhile. Everyone likes to talk about the Raj and Penny hook up but what was worse was his infatuation with Bernadette. He was a hoping for an engagement break up and sleeping with her. A lot of the Penny situation was just circumstance. you would think Howdette and Lenny would be both leery of him but instead they are trying to help him.

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

But he's been a jerk about dating for awhile. Everyone likes to talk about the Raj and Penny hook up but what was worse was his infatuation with Bernadette. He was a hoping for an engagement break up and sleeping with her. A lot of the Penny situation was just circumstance. you would think Howdette and Lenny would be both leery of him but instead they are trying to help him.

Yeah, it's definitely a long term issue with him and he needs to grow up. ugh

• Like 2

1 hour ago, YFYFD said:

Hi all, I just wanted to get this out and see if there's other thoughts on this.  I think that there might be some more stuff with the Howardette baby storyline.  Perhaps they find out that it's a boy (or it doesn't have to be, just a scan maybe) but something sets Howard thinking about the kind of Dad he's going to be, bring on thinking about his own father abandoning him and why and he decides to go back to the letter and read it... In the mean time Leonard's Dad for some reason (he's feeling unwell?) decides he should see his offspring, cue surprise visit to one Leonard Hofstadter.  Add some extra comedy about the others like Raj finds out Claire has hooked up casually with Zack (because Zack doesn't quite get 'casual') and is two timing him and Raj.  Emily finds out and wants to have it out with Raj who decides he needs to hide it out at Sheldon and Leonard's as he can't sleep alone in his flat (opening up for Leonard to move out, Raj to move in later...please). Howard finds a picture of his father in the letter and decides to go talk to the gang about it at Sheldon and Leonard's.  The cliff hanger is he walks in and sees Leonard's Dad, is suddenly stricken by shock and grabs the photo out of his pocket as he faints.  Everybody gathers around and we all see it's a photo of... dun, dun, DUN... Leonard's Dad.

....there is a fanfiction work where Howard & Leonard find out they have the same dad....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YFYFD said:

That is freaking hilarious!!!!

Hell of a first post welcome to the forum :icon_razz:

If only the writers were this creative

giphy.gif.d6ca6814c19582af6aaec5c570c5f238.gif

Edited by JE7
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

He has had a continuing thing for both Bernadette and Penny.  It doesn't show itself very often, but it seems to pop-up every so often.  His remarks to two married women (married to his close friends) last week was creepy and unacceptable.  I know it is just fodder for comedy, but, really?  Your best friends's wives???

• Like 8

hokie3457: I haven't seen or read the fanfiction but this has just been rolling around in my head since reading about Leonard's Dad making an appearance.  I think I'll go snooping for the fanfic, it could be interesting.

JE7: Thank you for the warm welcome!  That's a lovely complement about writing too, thank you (awesome gif!).  I don't know, it's just been stewing away in the old brain! :)

9 hours ago, camelliayao said:

First, good news. Tonight's episode was drama free yay!

Lenny, Howard, Amy, Raj and Claire went to a wine tasting party. They met Zack there. Sheldon and Bernie stayed at 4A for a fun evening (Bernie can't drink wine because of her pregnancy and Sheldon didn't want to go).

So cold open was the seven of them having dinner at 4A. Penny talked about this wine tasting party and asked if anyone wanted to go. Leonard asked how come being a scientist can't get these external benefits. Sheldon said he doesn't care because he went into science for internal peace/pleasure (or something like that). Amy pointed out that's not true because Sheldon still wants to get a Nobel. Sheldon said I also told you to not speak against me in front of our friends. (Amy and Sheldon had some more lines here. Sorry I can't remember. But basically it was just the usual Shamy being funny)

At the wine tasting party, Zack asked about the guys' work. They told him about their navigation system (They've done building the prototype). Zack then asked if their system would be used by the military, which got Leonard to worry. Later in the bathroom he raised his concerns with Howard and Howard said well if their invention was to be used for something bad, someone should've already come back from the future to kill them by now.

Zack then met Claire and was about to hit on her until Raj said Claire's with him. Raj told Zack about him and Claire's "casual" relationship. Later Raj accidently blurted out about the fact that he was seeing someone else at the same time in front of Claire. Claire was not satisfied with their situation.

Sheldon and Bernie's storyline was basically Sheldon being sweet. They played with model trains, studied different kinds of toasts and played D&D for the evening. Sheldon prepared a D&D game specificly for Bernie. The night turned out to be a lot of fun. Bernie thanked Sheldon because ever since she got pregnant, she became this "pregnant Bernadette" and she was able to be old herself this evening.

Tag scene was the next morning, Leonard asked Sheldon about the military thing. (First take) Sheldon gave the same answer as Howard's. (Second take I forgot sorry)

So no drama. Jokes were fine but not very funny. We didn't get to watch 9x21. They showed us 9x20 before the taping.

Thank you for a great TR. I hope it was a wonderful experience. 

Do you remember if Leonard and Penny had any conversations throughout the evening? Was everyone surprised to see Zack?

Thanks again. For all the goodies, Camelliayao:clapping:

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic