[Spoilers] Discussion Topic: Season 9

Tensor

It's going to be interesting to see what happens to their project, if they start having some doubts then it's going to have an impact probably on Howard the most as it's clear with a baby on the way he feels he needs this project to be a success more than Sheldon or Leonard.

The whole financial situation is a bit muddled, we know Bernie brings home the bigger pay packet out of the two and it doesn't feel like they are struggling for money. Maybe it's just Howard wanting to show he can contribute more I guess and provide for his child which his father never did.

Edited by Jonny83

7 minutes ago, Jonny83 said:

It's going to be interesting to see what happens to their project, if they start having some doubts then it's going to have an impact probably on Howard the most as it's clear with a baby on the way he feels he needs this project to be a success more than Sheldon or Leonard.

The whole financial situation is a bit muddled, we know Bernie brings home the bigger pay packet out of the two and it doesn't feel like they are struggling for money. Maybe it's just Howard wanting to show he can contribute more I guess and provide for his child which his father never did.

Very often in sitcoms an expectant parent (mostly dads) have what you can term a "Billy Bigelow" moment.  The character from Carousel who after pridefully boasting about "My Boy Bill" begins to worry over how to provide for a child.  Although coming from a dramatic moment, sitcoms can use such a situation for laughs, and in the case of TBBT, to add to the Leonard/Sheldon discovery.  This will add to and move along that plot line....just a thought...

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, Strawberry PopTart Fan said:

Thank you for a great TR. I hope it was a wonderful experience. 

Do you remember if Leonard and Penny had any conversations throughout the evening? Was everyone surprised to see Zack?

Thanks again. For all the goodies, Camelliayao:clapping:

I can only remember in the beginning, before Lenny were about to leave for the wine tasting party, Leonard was "sniffing" a scratch and sniff wine book. Penny asked can you really smell the wine? Leonard said not really, he basiacally was just smelling his nasal spray.

• Like 3

OK, I'm confused (and new to this forum). The taping report says, in the summary "Penny runs into Zack and begins to question her marriage with Leonard. After talking through it with the girls, she is undecided if she should take a break from Leonard." But the extended plot below (and here) says nothing about this. What gives?

29 minutes ago, Jonny83 said:

It looks to me that in the end Leonard was fine with the military thing...Because after Sheldon said "If our system was about to be used to create something dangerous, someone from the future would've already come back to kill us", Leonard said "I'm going with that." So I guess that means his doubts are gone?

Frankly, the episode feels like a filler to me...Like they don't really have proper storylines so they have to talk about a little bit of everything.

Edited by camelliayao
  • Like 5

25 minutes ago, Allanjay said:

OK, I'm confused (and new to this forum). The taping report says, in the summary "Penny runs into Zack and begins to question her marriage with Leonard. After talking through it with the girls, she is undecided if she should take a break from Leonard." But the extended plot below (and here) says nothing about this. What gives?

The only place that talks about Penny wanting a break, is the summary at The Big Bang Theory Wiki.  That is bullshit.  You should not pay any attention to the summary, prior to a taping report.  Anything prior to a taping report is nothing more than speculation.  They do a lot of that at Wiki.  For example, earlier this year, they put up the episode name and the plot.  The episode name was wrong, as the plot name was known earlier and the plot they put up was pure fantasy.

The extended plot at Wiki is nothing more than the taping report found here in the discussion thread.  

• Like 2

Thanks so much for clarifying. As I say, I'm new. And substantively, that's a relief. Not sure I could take yet another unnecessary round of Penny uncertainty. IMHO it's time for the writers to move them along -- in a positive direction.

• Like 7

Honestly what I love most about last night was 9x20 they showed before the taping. And I'm not only talking about Shamy. I also like Howardette&Raj's storyline in that episode. Especially when they told Raj that they should have some boundaries and Raj tried to leave carrying that giant bear.

"Please Howard, let me leave with my dignity." Then he tripped over the bear and fell on top of it. It was so hilarious and adorable.

• Like 8

4 hours ago, hokie3457 said:

He has had a continuing thing for both Bernadette and Penny.

He had a thing for Amy too.

18 hours ago, Chrismo said:

maybe he on to take care of a horny Amy.

Amy had her chance to have sex with Zack, in Alien Parasite.

She passed on it, when she saw the "the blank, ape-like expression" on his face.

Why would she want to revisit that situation?

Edited by Stephen Hawking

6 hours ago, April said:

Why does Emily suddenly want to get back with him? How genuine was she really?? We've seen nothing from Emily's perspective cause she's been such a non-entity for most of her time on the show. So I have no idea how to judge that situation and all there is are the girls suddenly telling Raj that Emily is manipulating him - even Claire who doesn't even know Emily. And Claire's interest in the guy is equally a mystery to me

All this lead me to the guess they are running a con on him to get his parents money somehow. I'm naturally suspicious when things are not adding up.

Of course it could be nothing more than Raj is a tertiary character and Emily and Claire are even more peripheral. They are too peripheral to get adequate treatment. Or perhaps the writers have just fumbled this one.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, vonmar said:

From Jim's Weibo account

Tuesday night in Los Angeles = SHOW NIGHT! With Kaley! 

006qyfFOjw1f2mnhj1vknj30zk0qo487.jpg

And yet another "stick out my tongue" photo for KC!  We should keep count!

1 hour ago, luminous said:

This is so cool!  (and sad that there are only two more to tape)

• Like 4

3 hours ago, camelliayao said:

They made that up. There was no discussion about Lenny's marriage in this episode. Zack even said "I've always been rooting for you guys" after knowing Lenny are married.

That's hysterical. xD

3 hours ago, Tensor said:

The only place that talks about Penny wanting a break, is the summary at The Big Bang Theory Wiki.  That is bullshit.  You should not pay any attention to the summary, prior to a taping report.  Anything prior to a taping report is nothing more than speculation.  They do a lot of that at Wiki.  For example, earlier this year, they put up the episode name and the plot.  The episode name was wrong, as the plot name was known earlier and the plot they put up was pure fantasy.

The extended plot at Wiki is nothing more than the taping report found here in the discussion thread.  

You know, I changed the summary and told the people in the comments that the old summary was bullshit. I got banned, my changes  and my comment deleted, while the completely incompetent admin keeps saying (in the comments) how great the plot is and that he/she is looking forward to Penny cheating on Leonard with Zack etc, while there's not a single word about that in the extended plot. No doubts he/she wrote that crap. Looks like this place turned into some kind of "write your own dream episode" thing.

13 minutes ago, Squidley said:

Technically if Penny was married to Zack  at that time how could Leonard cheat on Penny?  Wouldn't Penny be an adultress instead.

An adulteress is a woman who has sex with someone other than her husband. Technically I guess she would be. She and Leonard are lucky that Zack is a friendly fellow otherwise they could be in trouble.

But Penny didn't know that she was still married to Zack, she wasn't emotionally attached to him, he was out of her life and she was deeply hurt by what Leonard did. Maybe the terms change because of legal technicalities but that doesn't change the reality.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Tensor said:

Seriously?  They put up a bogus plot summary, then attach a totally differing taping report, not even bothering to correct their mistakes?  Totally unaceptable!  Then when someone corrects it.....sheesh.  I do not get how people work.....

36 minutes ago, FileXxX said:

You know, I changed the summary and told the people in the comments that the old summary was bullshit. I got banned, my changes  and my comment deleted, while the completely incompetent admin keeps saying (in the comments) how great the plot is and that he/she is looking forward to Penny cheating on Leonard with Zack etc, while there's not a single word about that in the extended plot. No doubts he/she wrote that crap. Looks like this place turned into some kind of "write your own dream episode" thing.

Don't feel bad.  I got the same reaction.  I corrected things, explained why it needed to be corrected and they banned me. 

21 minutes ago, camelliayao said:

Just to be clear I have nothing to do with the wiki page. They just pasted my TR there with a total incorrect plot summery. Ugh what is wrong with this people...

We know cam, it was a cut an paste.  You want us to get them to pull it, unless they credit you?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tensor said:

Don't feel bad.  I got the same reaction.  I corrected things, explained why it needed to be corrected and they banned me. 

We know cam, it was a cut an paste.  You want us to get them to pull it, unless they credit you?

I just hope people don't think it was me who gave the false information...That's all.

• Like 1

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic