[Spoilers] Discussion Topic: Season 9

Tensor

Fair enough, that's what this site is for being fans of the show or a particular character on it.

Speaking of Sheldon specifically there are times when I love his character and times when I don't. Personally I like him more now than I did early on because I've seen him grow on the show because of his social interactions with the group. He still needs a lot of work and maybe he will never get there fully but it won't be through a lack of effort or help. I couldn't live with the guy, would be a nightmare especially early in the series Sheldon.

There are quirks about all the characters that I like/dislike but that's just who they are.

None of the characters are infallible though, Howard for example is supposed to be a mechanical whiz and yet he crashed the Mars Rover and screwed up the space station toilet (though he will say it's just that it wasn't built in mind for Russian Cosmonauts and their heavy starch diet!). You will find examples throughout the series of all the characters screwing up one time or another either in their profession or their social life.

It would be boring if everyone was perfect.

Fair point and yes I agree with you that they are all not perfect. Even tho he has made a lot of effort especially regarding Shamy. he still got a long way to go when it comes to his behaviour towards his friends and I just can't see that changing anytime soon. What he did for howardette tho is a step in the right direction.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tonstar17 said:

No. It because he is a nutjob that doesn't deserve the God like status he get on this forum. Not everyone is a Sheldon fan and when ppls try to justify his behaviour ppls will called them out. I have never like the character since S2 so no its not because he is becoming a little human boy.

He doesn't get a God like status on this forum and he is not a nutjob.

• Like 1

The only character annoying the hell out of me is Raj but then we get that last episode which reminded me more of his best qualities. The caring to the point of almost going too far, the bromance with Howard, the metrosexual quirks etc.

Neither of those women are right for Raj or he wouldn't be acting the way he is.

No. It because he is a nutjob that doesn't deserve the God like status he get on this forum. Not everyone is a Sheldon fan and when ppls try to justify his behaviour ppls will called them out. I have never like the character since S2 so no its not because he is becoming a little human boy.

You maybe right, but are you sure you are dead right.

5 minutes ago, nibbler747 said:

Let's be honest, Sheldon is the most bashed character on this forum.

He's a marmite type of character either you love him or hate him. I think even massive Sheldon fans get annoyed with him sometimes.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, nibbler747 said:

Seriously, only on this forum? I've stuck around here because some of the post(er)s out here are fascinating. :shy:
Isn’t it a comedy at least we’re talking about? 

s_0188.gif

• Like 1

Yes on this forum.  He's the most loved and the most hated at the same time.  I like Sheldon, at the same time some of his actions bother me.  Overall for me he's a thumbs up.  I find him funny and interesting.

Edited by Tensor
Post edited to comply with recent rules update.
  • Like 3

Yes on this forum.  He's the most loved and the most hated at the same time.  I like Sheldon, at the same time some of his actions bother me.  Overall for me he's a thumbs up.  I find him funny and interesting.

Before the new rules were in place the Lenny thread was an unmitigated Sheldon bash fest.  He is called "he who shall not be named" over there.  So yes, I still maintain that he is the most bashed character on these forums. 

And well deserved because of his actions and before the new rules were in place lenny were the most bashed on the Shamy thread even getting blamed for Shamy problems like in the s7 final. Goes both ways.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

No, but hardly anyone can ever be.

• Like 1

No, but hardly anyone can ever be.

Thats nice to know and you are not pissed off and calm about it

1 hour ago, nibbler747 said:

But let's be honest he also the character that gets the most excuses for his bad behavior too. I think if Sheldon's fans would call him out on his bad behavior there would be less bashing of him.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Jonny83 said:

The whole field is about having bold out of the box ideas and then carrying out research to test whether they can be proven or disproved. Disproving something seems to be just as big a deal as discovering something. 

He must be do something right if he has been at Caltech for years. The rows with Siebert about university funding and when Sheldon and Kripke were fighting over that office show how highly he is regarded at the university(in terms of science), true he annoys Siebert but there was also praise for his intelligence.

The board if governors think Sheldon is a "brilliant mind" type and that is the only reason why siebert hasent fired him

And Gabelhouser did fire him but his mommy got him his job back... And that is canon

4 hours ago, 2L344 said:

Exactly. As recently as 9.16 we have Raj saying that even drunk Sheldon is smarter than the rest of them. Probably a throw away joke for laughs, but the premise is that he still has it despite the change from string theory to dark matter. Love him or hate him, his character is written as him being a genius. Thats why hes a junior professor at CalTech.

Was a junior professor, we have no proff he still is after no one would take his class and it has not been referenced since kinda like tenure

2 hours ago, Mislav said:

Yes he does and yes he is or do you call his behavior normal and mentally/emotionally healthy?

Edited by JE7
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, JE7 said:

Was a junior professor, we have no proff he still is after no one would take his class and it has not been referenced since kinda like tenure

Well yeah, but there hasnt been anything offered by TPTB to suggest he is no longer one either. 

26 minutes ago, 2L344 said:

Well yeah, but there hasnt been anything offered by TPTB to suggest he is no longer one either. 

And nothing to say Leonerd isn't now a tenured member of the faculty but I don't assume he is with no proof as many do with Sheldon still being a Jr professor with no students willing to take his class. Logic would suggest he isn't you don't pay a worker to do nothing

Edited by JE7
  • Like 3

43 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

But let's be honest he also the character that gets the most excuses for his bad behavior too. I think if Sheldon's fans would call him out on his bad behavior there would be less bashing of him.

During the Shamy break up I was reading pages upon pages in the Shamy thread calling Sheldon out on his bad behaviour.  There were tons of people there that like Sheldon but were also upset with him.

People will always be biased towards the characters they like.  So while people may not like things they do they will generally defend their favourites.  I see it with Sheldon.  I also see it with Leonard.  

• Like 4

Let's look at FACTS for a minute

Students hate his lectures and none took his class - canon

He is the opposite of helpful with fund raising with how he treats donors - canon

He does not get along with his co-workers - canon

He treats his subordinates terribly and has even been accused by one of sexual harassment - canon

His biggeest discoveries have all been disproven - canon

His bosses can't stand him - canon

Barry Kripke has done better work than him - canon

He foamed the board and a LOT of very expensive equipment - canon

These are FACTS as seen on the aired show not opinions

Part of the joke is Sheldon is a legend in his own mind, with no proof to back it up...... that is an opinion

Edited by JE7
  • Like 5

Just now, nibbler747 said:

During the Shamy break up I was reading pages upon pages in the Shamy thread calling Sheldon out on his bad behaviour.  There were tons of people there that like Sheldon but were also upset with him.

People will always be biased towards the characters they like.  So while people may not like things they do they will generally defend their favourites.  I see it with Sheldon.  I also see it with Leonard.  

But we're they calling him out on this thread? You are not allowed to "bash" Sheldon on the Shamy thread so obviously it's been on here. Why can't Sheldon fans call him out on his bad behavior on this thread?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, nibbler747 said:

As you know I was also in the Shamy thread at that time, and I saw 90℅ of the posts blaming Amy and denigrating her for daring to breakup with him for " no good reason" very few actually thought Sheldon was at fault in any way because "he's just sheldon"

I guess we saw it thru diffrent lenses

Edited by JE7
  • Like 2

Most lenny fans will call out Leonard or Penny on their behaviour when necessary and constantly. Because they care about the characters and not make excuses for them all the time. They can be loving but also say or do upsetting things to each other. I know I do, calling them out a lot. But one instance because Shamy broke up and 1% of Shamy fans realize what a lot of non Sheldon fans having been saying for ages that he can be an ass to Amy doesn't qualify in my book as calling him out. They were just upset and picking sides.

• Like 1

I joined this board a few days after Shamy got back together, but before I joined the board I had blamed Sheldon for the break up. He was an ass to her and still is, at times. At least now he seems to realize it after he does it. Except in the last episode, when he gave her the dictionary to look up fun. That was a dick move. He has changed but there is still a little bit of ass embedded in personality. 

• Like 2

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic