[Spoilers] Discussion Topic: Season 9

Tensor

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't think the second letter is an "a", so I don't think it's anything to do with Laplace or Laplacian.  I think it looks like either Li or Ei and likely only two words, given the relatively short title space.  Unless the first word is something short.

Beyond that, I don't think I'll try to guess.

4 hours ago, 5Mississippis said:

Try to manipulate? She succeeded! She did manipulate him into going by saying that Leonard might come back smarter than him. 

I know she succeeded and easily and he knew it.   That was the joke.   I was responding to Chrismo saying he wanted to go. 

3 hours ago, Chrismo said:

If Dave had been a non Sheldon worshipper would things have ended differently? Didn't Amy and Leonard argue over Sheldon at the party? It seems Penny's help IMO makes things worse. If Penny had not gone in there what might have happened?

I don't think a successful manipulation has to be concealed.

They might ended differently.   But she didn't run back to Sheldon because her date was bad.  It's not like she called up Sheldon and asked him out on a date hoping to rekindle things.    She went back to him because she spent time with him and missed him.

And she had a minor back and forth with Leonard about who should talk to him.  But was more a game of one one upmanship than a fight.  And she wasn't shown to be upset or angry and had a huge smiled plastered to her face the rest of the episode. 

2 minutes ago, nickelette424 said:

They might ended differently.   But she didn't run back to Sheldon because her date was bad.  It's not like she called up Sheldon and asked him out on a date hoping to rekindle things.    She went back to him because she spent time with him and missed him.

And she had a minor back and forth with Leonard about who should talk to him.  But was more a game of one one upmanship than a fight.  And she wasn't shown to be upset or angry and had a huge smiled plastered to her face the rest of the episode. 

But if things had worked with Dave the trip to the museum would of never happened. Dave kept talking about Sheldon which benefitted Sheldon. She wasn't "missing " Sheldon until his name was brought up repeatedly.. I must of missed the huge smile on her face the rest of the party episode.  Most people watching the show seem to remember Sheldon's time with Penny. 

29 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

But if things had worked with Dave the trip to the museum would of never happened. 

In the same way, what would have happened if Prya didn't returned to India or if it would have worked out fine for Penny and Zach? Those questions are useless, because it was not the story the writers wanted to tell...

Edited by mirs1

22 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

But if things had worked with Dave the trip to the museum would of never happened. Dave kept talking about Sheldon which benefitted Sheldon. She wasn't "missing " Sheldon until his name was brought up repeatedly.. I must of missed the huge smile on her face the rest of the party episode.  Most people watching the show seem to remember Sheldon's time with Penny. 

I didn't say it didn't work to his benefit.   But her failed date with Dave wasn't the "reason" she wanted to get back with Sheldon. 

And yes,  you missed the smile on her face the rest of the episode.   She is the one who started all the toasts; huge smile.  She is also the one who got Hawking on Skype to wish him a happy birthday;  again huge smile.   Again, whether or not people mostly focused on the, Shenny part of the episode doesn't negate what else was actually going on.  You can't project other people's disappointment with the Shenny onto Amy.  Especially when she didn't seem to give two shits about it. 

20 hours ago, vonmar said:

I doubt that it's about the elevator.  Jim posted that picture a week ago, just before the actors week off. They only got the new script last night, so there is no way he could have known and dropped any kind of hint.

Oh no, Jim would get a strike if he posted something that blatent from a script, that's not what I meant. I said if the elevator set was being worked on, (wired for rigging to make it useable) then it may have drawn his eye. Set design needs some forethought was the point I was making..... so maybe.

However, it doesn't look much like an 'e' on the third letter...could be 'elicit' or 'elision' maybe?

From CBS: http://www.cbspressexpress.com/cbs-entertainment/releases/view?id=45042

CBS ANNOUNCES 2015-16 SEASON FINALE STORYLINES

THURSDAY, MAY 12

THE BIG BANG THEORY (8:00-8:30PM)

Judd Hirsch is introduced as Leonard’s (Johnny Galecki) father. Also, Leonard’s mother, Beverly Hofstadter (Christine Baranski), and Sheldon’s mother, Mary Cooper (Laurie Metcalf), return.

21 hours ago, SRAM said:

Oh please don't let it be two people stuck in the elevator because you just know it will be Sheldon and Penny.  Penny with tell Sheldon she is not happy and the new improved Sheldon will give her awesome advice.  I already feel like I'm going to puke.

Elevator gets fixed; disturbs Sheldon's homeostasis. Sheldon sabotages elevator. Amy and Leonard get stuck inside for hours. Amy leaves with a chipped tooth!!!

(ATOB ducks, covers head and combat rolls outta thread....)

.....returns briefly to assure canon shippers that her theories have never, not once, never never ever have been right.

1 hour ago, vonmar said:

From CBS: http://www.cbspressexpress.com/cbs-entertainment/releases/view?id=45042

THURSDAY, MAY 12

Judd Hirsch is introduced as Leonard’s (Johnny Galecki) father. Also, Leonard’s mother, Beverly Hofstadter (Christine Baranski), and Sheldon’s mother, Mary Cooper (Laurie Metcalf), return.

That's amazing! I suspected Beverly could have been there, because it could have been interesting to explore the relationship between the two ex-spouses, but Sheldon's mother...that's unexpected...Another award for Shelnard?

Edited by mirs1

6 minutes ago, vonmar said:

THURSDAY, MAY 12

Hmmmmm.  Interesting that Mary will be in the episode too.

8 minutes ago, vonmar said:

THURSDAY, MAY 12

Dun dun duunnn! :D

10 minutes ago, vonmar said:

THURSDAY, MAY 12

Oh yes! Now that's the ep I'm interested in! Just please, pleeeease writers, give those people something funny to do. Don't waste them like meemaw or half the guest stars in 200's episode. 

1 hour ago, Chrismo said:

The trip to the aquatic museum would have happened regardless of Dave. The meal had been pre-booked when they were together and Amy realised how much Sheldon still wanted to go when he couldn't get anybody else to accompany him and offered her the tickets. She made a point of saying they were going as friends. She'd got her own arrangements in place for visiting family and she fitted Sheldon in. She realised during the game that she'd been missing Sheldon's nonsense.

She said very nice things to Sheldon at the party and was very happy when she was showing Stephen Hawking.

54 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

The trip to the aquatic museum would have happened regardless of Dave. The meal had been pre-booked when they were together and Amy realised how much Sheldon still wanted to go when he couldn't get anybody else to accompany him and offered her the tickets. She made a point of saying they were going as friends. She'd got her own arrangements in place for visiting family and she fitted Sheldon in. She realised during the game that she'd been missing Sheldon's nonsense.

She said very nice things to Sheldon at the party and was very happy when she was showing Stephen Hawking.

the key is Amy wasn't his first choice.  It was something they had a common interest in. As to saying nice things about Sheldon at the party was she going to say bad things since she helped organize it. I'm not sure she would be the one to make a scene. We could disagree awhile longe on this but if it wasn't for Penny the party could of been a total bust.

1 hour ago, vonmar said:

Looks like there is a lot of potential to shake stuff up.

Intriguing that both of Leonard's parents are going to turn up as well as Sheldon's mother. Maybe it's something to do with the thing they are working on with Howard, maybe there is some sort of fundraiser or something for the project. But then when have Leonard's parents really shown a major interest in their sons work?

A living arrangement drama like many of us have hoped might be resolved wouldn't require the parents to turn up even if there is a Sheldon and Leonard bust up.

Sheldon's grandmother came to 'size up' Amy recently up but from what gather Sheldon's mother is fine with Amy. Could be some potentially interesting interactions between them.

Going to be interesting to see the speculation around here and ultimately what the writers have planned. It's even more intriguing now we know it's not just Leonard's father that is turning up.

Edited by Jonny83

Just now, Desdemona said:

The appearance of Leonard´s parents sounds promising. I can´t wait to see the episode!

Ludi incipiant. :diablo:

I hope not to have to wait to see it before I know what it's all about. Fingers crossed there'll be members going who'll do taping reports for us.