[Spoilers] Discussion Topic: Season 9

Tensor

I don't think you can rule out that they plan to have a redo wedding but something happens and it doesn't happen, but Penny and Leonard obviously would still be married even if that did happen.

But I think you can safely rule out that a Shamy wedding would take place instead and I don't think for one second Sheldon or Amy would say well the stuff is all here let's get married if Penny and Leonard don't renew their vows. Amy most certainly wouldn't go for that.

I just think you have to take the rumored redo as an opportunity for there to be more of a celebration of their marriage and also an opportunity for Leonard to mend some bridges with his parents. Until I hear otherwise that is what I think the direction will be.

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Really, so lenny haven't suffered enough with little storyline this season while the Shamy had there moments now you want to steal their thunder so Shamy can get married. Really. Lenny might have issues to deal with so does Shamy they are not ready to be married. Sheldon needs to grow up and start doing things for himself or he will just be swapping Leonard for Amy and nothing changes. He need to live by himself for a while and learn to do things for himself and not depending on Amy to do everything for him.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, stardustmelody said:

I am not as convinced that a wedding redo will actually happen.  The writers have said over and over that they would not do a redo.  I know they are setting it up to sound as if there is going to be one...but we also may get a big cliffhanger from it (Lenny related) and that may upset Lenny fans.   But what if there was also a huge plot twist that happened.  What if (and this will annoy Lenny fans to the nth degree and I would not blame them one bit), because of some parental comments leading to the redo wedding, either Penny or Leonard don't show up and take off because they need to think......Sheldon, however has been planning to ask Amy to marry him all along and decides that since everyone is already gathered...he asks her to marry him then and there.   So Shamy end up marrying and not a redo....it would be really a big huge awful thing for Lenny fans, but at the same time, I can see Penny wanting to think things out and it leads to a first half season of a little drama for Lenny but ultimately a good thing for them.  It helps her realize it isn't Leonard that she is upset with but her job and how her life is nothing like she planned, etc.   So it brings Lenny closer and to where she is no longer so mean to him.   It wouldn't be a breakup or divorce or anything like that with Lenny, but more a growing period for Penny.

I'm sorry, but none of this makes sense to me. Why would Penny or Leonard need some time to think about a wedding "re-do" while they're already happily married? I don't think Leonard and Penny care about what their parents might say. Not even a little bit. I don't even think it's gonna be a re-do like a real wedding because that would be silly. They're also not gonna re-do their vows because they were perfect and so true. My guess is that it's gonna be something like a nice dinner with friends and family, so basically they're celebrating their anniversary. I doubt it's gonna be a traditional wedding ceremony.

If anything, they're doing this for Beverly, so she better shut her mouth and take it.

Anyway, my predictions were right. Where are my cookies?! :p

11 minutes ago, FileXxX said:

I'm sorry, but none of this makes sense to me. Why would Penny or Leonard need some time to think about a wedding "re-do" while they're already happily married? I don't think Leonard and Penny care about what their parents might say. Not even a little bit. I don't even think it's gonna be a re-do like a real wedding because that would be silly. They're also not gonna re-do their vows because they were perfect and so true. My guess is that it's gonna be something like a nice dinner with friends and family, so basically they're celebrating their anniversary. I doubt it's gonna be a traditional wedding ceremony.

If anything, they're doing this for Beverly, so she better shut her mouth and take it.

Penny is still very insecure in many ways and she revealed that when she said that she wants to please Leonard by having a "responsible" job and sticking with it.  She still is trying to earn his approval in some respects.... So I could see her thinking that even if she is happy being married to Leonard that she may be "hindering" him in some ways and she also still is very unhappy about being and adult and her job.   There is a lot on her mind.  I have  no doubt she would remarry Leonard in a split second...but she also may feel that she may not be worthy of him.   She has often let that creep in her mind in the past and I could see that entering it again, especially if one of the parents make a comment that triggers her thinking it.   

If she didn't care what parents had to say, she would never have even suggested a redo in the first place.  So obviously she does care about what his parents think and say.   

As I said above....there is still so much else to consider that we have no idea what direction the writers will take, but I do believe it will be one that none of us have anticipated.  They often surprise us and not always in a way that makes us happy and feeling good in season finales....and subsequent season openers. :girlsigh: 

I was hoping we might find someone that went to the taping that could shed more light on this episode because it may give us more clues...but we at least have what we have and honestly it makes for great discussion in this forum.  It probably will generate more discussion by not knowing more than knowing more at this point.   :laugh: 

Edited by stardustmelody

On 20.4.2016 at 7:33 PM, FileXxX said:

Sorry, no cookies but......:shy:

Edited by veejay

1 hour ago, mirs1 said:

And here we are....last episode in Season 9!

last words..."And we..." it looks like "And we pronounce you husband and wife", like in Howardette's wedding...

There was something similar posted at the end of last season and the last words on the script weren't even the ones said when aired

I'm hoping for shamy cuteness in the final for once :)

1 minute ago, stardustmelody said:

Penny is still very insecure in many ways and she revealed that when she said that she wants to please Leonard by having a "responsible" job and sticking with it.   So I could see her thinking that even if she is happy being married to Leonard that she may be "hindering" him in some ways and she also still is very unhappy about being and adult and her job.   There is a lot on her mind.  I have  no doubt she would remarry Leonard in a split second...but she also may feel that she may not be worthy of him.   She has often let that creep in her mind in the past and I could see that entering it again, especially if one of the parents make a comment that triggers her thinking it.

I don't see where Penny is insecure? The fact that she wants Leonard to be proud of her has got nothing to do with insecurity. And Leonard made that pretty clear that he wouldn't mind if she went back to waitressing and acting. Also, they've had that conversation about being "unworthy" in 9.02. They're over it. I can't see them revisiting that once again.

32 minutes ago, Jonny83 said:

I just think you have to take the rumored redo as an opportunity for there to be more of a celebration of their marriage and also an opportunity for Leonard to mend some bridges with his parents.

Or the parents to mend bridges with Leonard.

16 minutes ago, Nogravitasatall said:

I'm not really up to speed as I've been distracted, but I am finding the very concept of a "do-over" wedding incomprehensible. Is there even such a thing? And how could it make anything better? I'll wait for the broadcast.

I think the idea is for Leonard's parents to be involved and mend some bridges with him that and maybe the rest of the group are able to celebrate it as well.

I'm kind of torn myself on the issue. I didn't like the way the Vegas marriage played out but also see the argument that do they really need to do this especially now. Penny's problems seem to be career motivated and not her married life and Leonard overall seems ok right now apart from obviously Sheldon annoying him.

At the end of the day right now none of us know what's going to happen it's just speculation. I mean check this thread over the past week, we have suggested plots such as Leonard's Dad and Sheldon's mum hooking up, to Leonard and Howard having the same father, to Sheldon having a threesome with Penny and Beverley.

Truth is we know nothing.

8 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Or the parents to mend bridges with Leonard.

I actually meant to say this, you are correct.

Edited by Jonny83

1 hour ago, FileXxX said:

Beverly has taken very little interest in Leonard. She scoffs at tradition. Why would she want the renewal of vows? It is all too sketchy.

The fact that Leonard's father is suddenly appearing after so many years of essentially no contact with Leonard would make me think something else is happening concerning the elder Hofstadter's. I'm skeptical about the episode summary.

I'm going to need to borrow this from veejay...

misc_00085.gif

Edited by djsurrey

26 minutes ago, Nogravitasatall said:

I'm not really up to speed as I've been distracted, but I am finding the very concept of a "do-over" wedding incomprehensible. Is there even such a thing? And how could it make anything better? I'll wait for the broadcast.

The answer is yes, there is such a thing. Lots of couples have two wedding ceremonies for all sorts of reasons. 

In the UK Prince Charles, for instance, had two and they were on the same day. Every Asian couple I know has had two some weeks or months apart.

7 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

Beverly has taken very little interest in Leonard. She scoffs at tradition. Why would she want the renewal of vows? It is all too sketchy.

The fact that Leonard's father is suddenly appearing after so many years of essentially no contact with Leonard would make me think something else is happening concerning the elder Hofstadter's. I'm skeptical about the episode summary.

I'm going to need to borrow this...

misc_00085.gif

Possibility that Leonard's dad is ill? Would be a heavy storyline if he is trying to mend bridges before the inevitable.