The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion Topic: Season 9

13 minutes ago, 2L344 said:

Actually I have no problem with it all blowing up in Raj's face, especially if it turns out he was lying to either or both of the ladies. BUT until that is revealed Im taking what Raj said about them knowing about each other, and being "casual", at face value. If we are to believe Raj didnt lie to Leonard about that, then he really isnt doing wrong by them. 

Yes Emily was in a long term relationship with Raj, but he ultimately ended that. IF Emily knows Raj is dating Claire now, and she wants to continue whatever it is she is doing with Raj, then thats her business and choice. Doesnt make Raj a db for playing along, even if most of us in the real world probably wouldnt go that route. Now, if Raj is lying to her that changes the game...

As for Claire, I STILL have no idea what shes doing with Raj. There was no "spark" in their intro on her end, and she even went back to her ex after meeting Raj. She thought Raj was an ass for dumping Emily near VDay. So what the hell Claire?? Maybe she found out Raj comes from wealth lol...

Again, for me, we just dont know all that much about this Raj arc. And since Raj isnt a main character we may never get enough info to make any sense of it. I agree it may well blow up on Raj and maybe deservedly so if he is being shady, but right now I dont see him being hateful...and well, to me, the boorish db behavior he exhibits around the guys and specifically Howard, is nothing those guys havent done themselves in the past. And we like them just fine :)

I guess I am having a bit of a problem believing that Raj is being completely honest with Emily and Claire.  I feel that way because Claire seemed surprised at the end of the last episode (and upset with Raj).  She doesn't know why he doesn't want to be exclusive, and she tricked Raj into admitting he was dating other girls.  So it was something that she was wondering about, and something that Raj seemed to "leave out".  If he was open and honest with her about their dating situation, she wouldn't have had to trick Raj to get the actual truth.

So, I think he's probably telling the girls that he doesn't want to be in a serious relationship, but leaving out the "Oh yeah...I'm sleeping with other women while I'm sleeping with you."

Of course I have no proof of that.  It's just my feeling on the situation.  So we will see how this all plays out.  

As for why Claire likes Raj?  I don't know.  She didn't seem into him, and then suddenly was.  His behaviour towards Emily that she was witnessing was none too attractive.  Emily has no reason to stick with Raj now, I'm not sure why she is either.  Like Sheldon said "She could do better"

• Like 7

I think @nibbler747 has covered most of the reasons that I dislike 'Ugh, Raj''s behaviour. It would be one thing if he confidently and honestly declared that he was only looking to have fun, and said as much to the women he was dating. But everything about his characterisation recently suggested that he wanted to be in a relationship and was terrified of being alone. It's why he stuck with Emily even though he knew she wasn't right for him. It's why he dumped her before Valentine's Day because he thought he had a chance with Claire, and it's why he crawled immediately back to Emily after Claire said 'Nope.' And it's why he was wailing and snivelling to Amy on Valentine's Day.

And with that in mind, it is very difficult to shake the notion that he is just lapping up the (inexplicable) attention from two women because he thinks that he is making doubly sure that he won't be alone, and is vehemently trying to silence the 'still small voice' that says that that may not be fair to the two women he is dating. Why do I think he knows better? Well, he freaked out when Lucy got in touch with him, and was beating himself up with guilt about it, before he and Emily were even exclusive. And why do I think he's not being honest? Well, I didn't think he was, ever, because he was too thrilled about having two women on a string- and too upset when he 'lost' both- for me to think he'd risk it with honesty. And Claire's reaction- and Raj's micromanaging of the wine-tasting interaction- certainly suggests that he was not, in fact, being upfront with her about there being other girls in his life.

But I'll be honest- a lot of my 'Ugh, Raj', I freely admit, is displaced 'Ugh, show'. I could deal with Raj's embrace of douchebaggery as part of his growth arc- if the gang told him that he was dealing badly with his fear of being alone, that he could hurt people, and that he needed to man the fuck up. The fact that nobody around him is giving him what for? The fact that the girls actually paint Raj as the wronged party in his relationship with Emily, and are out-and-out bitches about her when she calls Raj, distraught, to reconcile? The fact that Emily and Claire both want Raj, all previous evidence- and their own interests- to the contrary? All that suggests to me that the show thinks Raj is being just adorable. That this is all a delightful Brady's Bunch style mishap, like the teenaged hero having inadvertently accepted the invitations of both the Homecoming Queen and the Girl Next Door to Sadie Hawkins, or something. I don't know- do those tropes sound right? I'm not actually up on my classic American sitcoms.

Of course, I may be mistaken. Perhaps a reckoning is coming for Raj. Perhaps Season Ten will be an extended, glorious exercise in schadenfreude as we watch Raj go through progressively more humiliating romantic misadventures. Perhaps. All I can say is that by that time? My blood pressure and I will have earned it.

• Like 8

The charecter has reached the point where he is unredemable

I could write a three page post listing Ugh Raj's douchebaggery and i would still need to end it with.... 

MMAc36M.jpg

Edited by JE7
  • Like 6

I don't think Claire and Emily know about each other. Raj said to Leonard that both girls know that they are not in an exclusive relationship and nobody asks too many questions. At the wine degustation Claire asked those questions, though, so for me it means that she was interested in knowing whether she was the only one and appeared a bit pissed off for the answer she got. My guess is that ATM both girls take the idea of a not exclusive relationship as a way to take things easy, not necessarily as a pass to sleep with whoever they want. Especially Emily, who knows first hand that Raj felt uncomfortable (not anymore...) in dating two girls at the same time in the past.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, nibbler747 said:

I guess I am having a bit of a problem believing that Raj is being completely honest with Emily and Claire.  I feel that way because Claire seemed surprised at the end of the last episode (and upset with Raj).  She doesn't know why he doesn't want to be exclusive, and she tricked Raj into admitting he was dating other girls.  So it was something that she was wondering about, and something that Raj seemed to "leave out".  If he was open and honest with her about their dating situation, she wouldn't have had to trick Raj to get the actual truth.

So, I think he's probably telling the girls that he doesn't want to be in a serious relationship, but leaving out the "Oh yeah...I'm sleeping with other women while I'm sleeping with you."

Of course I have no proof of that.  It's just my feeling on the situation.  So we will see how this all plays out.  

As for why Claire likes Raj?  I don't know.  She didn't seem into him, and then suddenly was.  His behaviour towards Emily that she was witnessing was none too attractive.  Emily has no reason to stick with Raj now, I'm not sure why she is either.  Like Sheldon said "She could do better"

yeah I agree with your last paragraph, both women can do better and why they are both attracted to Raj right now is the great mystery (especially Emily who should know better by now- she suspected a break up at the end of S8 but Raj chickened out, and then he finally does it near VDay but then bangs on her door the same night).

The only problem I have with Claire "discovering" Raj's dating secret is that she asked the group if he brought women (plural) around. We only know that Raj is dating the two, as far as we know he doesnt have a harem squirreled away somewhere. So now Claire is under the impression he is going out with multiple women not just her and Emily. It appears a misunderstanding has taken place rather than she discovered he is seeing Emily.

But it is plausible Raj has lied to Emily and Claire, but then that means he lied to Leonard when he straight up asked him if the gals knew about one another. While I can see him being deceitful to the women I just dont see him lying about that fact to Leonard. I could be wrong...

Edited by 2L344
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Tensor said:

Hey everyone, if the schedule from last year holds, we only have 14 weeks before a taping report.   Yeah, 14 weeks (wicked grin), hahahahahah, 98 days, and we get a taping report.....hahahahahahah,     That's only 2352 hours....yeah, yeah,  hahahahah, we can make it, right?   (Nodding head) yeah, of course we can.  It's only 141,000+ minutes.... we can do that standing on our heads......(Pacing around, hands shaking).... Yeah, yeah, I mean look how well we did this year when we missed only two weeks.... hahahahahahahah....that's 8.5 million seconds.  hahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahahahahahahah, (men in white coats drag Tensor away in straight jacket.......

I knew this day was coming...Tensor has finally cracked

From this :icon_cool:.....to this :crazy:

How sad...lol

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, vonmar said:

I knew this day was coming...Tensor has finally cracked

From this :icon_cool:.....to this :crazy:

How sad...lol

It's always been :crazy:  That's why I wear shades and keep my mouth closed.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Tensor said:

Hey everyone, if the schedule from last year holds, we only have 14 weeks before a taping report.   Yeah, 14 weeks (wicked grin), hahahahahah, 98 days, and we get a taping report.....hahahahahahah,     That's only 2352 hours....yeah, yeah,  hahahahah, we can make it, right?   (Nodding head) yeah, of course we can.  It's only 141,000+ minutes.... we can do that standing on our heads......(Pacing around, hands shaking).... Yeah, yeah, I mean look how well we did this year when we missed only two weeks.... hahahahahahahah....that's 8.5 million seconds.  hahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahahahahahahah, (men in white coats drag Tensor away in straight jacket.......

Looks like the age old question...

tumblr_mg466165nt1rj4ls1o1_500.gif

60b332d00f498b6bb0905f41ae2d6d15bd17d29e

9 minutes ago, stardustmelody said:

Promo photos for the finale Episode 9.24 The Convergence Convergence are up!

Convergencex2_E9x24BBT_03.jpg

Look at the faces. Vegas is starting to look like it was a great idea.

Edited by djsurrey
  • Like 8

So many stories from those faces alone all throughout those photos!!!  Can't wait!

With only 98 days till the next taping we can still come up with 2 or 3 thousand different theories or disasters for our favorite characters and couples. When can we srart

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Love how most ppls are hating on Raj. What ever... compare to the golden boy, he an angel. Both women are happy with it cause they are not killing him so they probably doing the same. Young, single and free.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, notchinc said:

Beverly is not amused.............

Which means, I am....

• Like 7

What happened to that sharp MiniCooper Howard and Bernadette had?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SRAM said:

Their three year lease is over?  That was three and a half years ago, back in season 6 (6.09)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SRAM said:

That looks like Bernie's car (bigger for Raj to be in the back seat).  The Mini Cooper is Howard's.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tonstar17 said:

Love how most ppls are hating on Raj. What ever... compare to the golden boy, he an angel.

Just curious, who is the "golden boy" you are refering to ? 

Edited by serena_nyc1995

43 minutes ago, serena_nyc1995 said:

Just curious, who is the "golden boy" you are refering to ? 

Sheldon would be my guess.

Wow everyone looks pretty uncomfortable (which I assume is because of the tension between Leonard's parents?) from those finale pics.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tonstar17 said:

Love how most ppls are hating on Raj. What ever... compare to the golden boy, he an angel.

You're so right. At least Raj has never tried to cheat, or actually cheated, on women he was involved with- twice! And been given a basically free pass in-show, with the whole gang (except Sheldon) scrambling over themselves to minimise his behaviour and the show furiously yanking at your heartstrings to feel sorry for the poooooor, insecure, self-sabotaging cheater. 

• Like 2

You're so right. At least Raj has never tried to cheat, or actually cheated, on women he was involved with- twice! And been given a basically free pass in-show, with the whole gang (except Sheldon) scrambling over themselves to minimise his behaviour and the show furiously yanking at your heartstrings to feel sorry for the poooooor, insecure, self-sabotaging cheater. 

Leonard is a cheater. So what get over it. Doesn't make him a bad person or Raj. Unlike some who treat his friends and his girlfriend like dirt and get excused for it.

• Like 5

If i were a woman i think i could handle a boyfriend that kissed another woman while drunk and away from home what i couldn't take would be a boyfriend hiring another guy to take me out because he thought watching a movie was more important than being with me

• Like 4

If i were a woman i think i could handle a boyfriend that kissed another woman while drunk and away from home what i couldn't take would be a boyfriend hiring another guy to take me out because he thought watching a movie was more important than being with me

Or giving a gift of his genitals instead of wanting to make love to his girlfriend 4real. That's an insult

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, wowbagger said:

Sigh. This. Again.

Next up, the 'sabotaged' Arctic data.

• Like 8