The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion Topic: Season 9

3 minutes ago, 5Mississippis said:

Sigh. This. Again.

Next up, the 'sabotaged' Arctic data.

well, if you insist...

actually, no, I think there's plenty of culpability to go 'round there. Sheldon was being an ass, the gang retaliated by falsifying his data, Sheldon pulled the trigger without consulting the gang who would hopefully have come clean, etc.etc.

look, as hard as this may be to believe, I actually quite like Leonard. My anger about his real faults is the anger of someone who wants him to get over them. And my anger about the writing of his character is directed at showrunners who seldom let him grow and who keep shoving him into relationship-only plots. Where the showrunners' own shallowness and puerile desire for wish fulfilment never let Leonard and Penny actually have an adult relationship. The living arrangements are a case in point but so is the cheating. So long as the writers only ever see Leonard as the vehicle for them to boff the hot chick vicariously, so long will they fail to see that Leonard keeps getting stuck in patterns that harm him and seriously damage his characterisation.

obviously that is true of all of the characters on a long-running show, but it is really noticeable with Leonard, and has been for a long time. Poor Johnny Galecki.

• Like 7

Erm, let's not get into all this again. Sometimes it's constructive to join in a conversation and sometimes it's NOT.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Judith said:

Erm, let's not get into all this again. Sometimes it's constructive to join in a conversation and sometimes it's NOT.

Welcome to the 9th annual summer hiatus :rtfm:

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, JE7 said:

Welcome to the 9th annual summer hiatus :rtfm:

This forum during the hiatus:

HAPPY HUNGER GAMES! MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOUR!

• Like 6

1 minute ago, April said:

This forum during the hiatus:

HAPPY HUNGER GAMES! MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOUR!

Can you just imagine how it will be here around August 1????

• Like 3

Excellent, now let's talk about the season four finale. We haven't done that this week.

6 minutes ago, FileXxX said:

Excellent, now let's talk about the season four finale. We haven't done that this week.

Love the tag in your signature line!  I don't always notice them,  is that new for today (May 4th)?

5 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

Love the tag in your signature line!  I don't always notice them,  is that new for today (May 4th)?

Had it for a year or two already. :p

1 minute ago, FileXxX said:

Had it for a year or two already. :p

Yikes!  Well like I said, I don't always notice them, but your tag is very appropriate today!!!

3 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

Yikes!  Well like I said, I don't always notice them, but your tag is very appropriate today!!!

Yeah. ^_^ I guess I made this after 7.22, but I can't say for sure.

1 minute ago, FileXxX said:

Yeah. ^_^ I guess I made this after 7.22, but I can't say for sure.

That would make sense.  A great episode for Leonard & Penny as well as the May the 4th/Star Wars references.  She knew even then of his affinity for the Toy Story series.  Nicely done on your part!

44 minutes ago, FileXxX said:

Nope that event isn't usually held till a few weeks before the first taping it's a semi finals topic :dwarf:

Edited by JE7
  • Like 3

51 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

Can you just imagine how it will be here around August 1????

Yes, I can.  I'm hoping I'm wrong.  

• Like 5

We can take it easy for a couple weeks after the final with the easy stuff like, how big a douche IS Raj? And Penny's clothes suck now! As a warm up for the big Sheldon battle royale. That one can last weeks lol

Edited by JE7

Did I mention I'll be on vacation starting tomorrow, until the first taping night. 

• Like 3

Paraphrasing Sheldon...Look on the bright side: only 11 more weeks to Comic-Con, LOL!

• Like 3

I reckon we will see raj get an arranged marriage, he can't do what he's doing for too long without having to make a choice or a family intervention

There are still two episodes we have not seen! 

Then the hunger games begins...  (well that is what I would have thought -- 9.24 might even get lots of thumbs up)

The-Capitol-seal-the-hunger-games-249968

Edited by djsurrey
  • Like 1

Since it is actually Star Wars day I'm wondering what TBBT will do for Rogue One in season 10. Move over Hunger Games...

maxresdefault.jpg

edit

Edited by djsurrey
  • Like 1

This is funny . Sheldon knows enough about the Kardashians and Penny knows Helium and Venn diagrams ! So cool. Both kinda impressed me with their unexpected knowledge .  That was Khloe Kardashian BTW.

Edited by serena_nyc1995
  • Like 1

I like the Shenny friendship but I think they're much funnier when they're at odds  with each other.  This wasn't really funny to me.  

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, serena_nyc1995 said:

OMG This is so funny . Sheldon knows all enough about Kardashians and Penny know Helium ! So cool. Both impressed me with their unexpected knowledge :-)

Sheldon impressed me with his knowledge : I wouldn't have known those people.  Penny, on the other hand didn't, because he didn't ask anything we didn't all know by the age of twelve.  Sheldon can be forgiven, however, since he left for university when he was eleven and wouldn't know what we lesser mortals  get taught in our muggle schools.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, wowbagger said:

You're so right. At least Raj has never tried to cheat, or actually cheated, on women he was involved with- twice! And been given a basically free pass in-show, with the whole gang (except Sheldon) scrambling over themselves to minimise his behaviour and the show furiously yanking at your heartstrings to feel sorry for the poooooor, insecure, self-sabotaging cheater. 

1)Both women forgave him.

2) Calling him a cheater because of those 2 instances is hardly fair because all the rest if the time he has been shown to be a good guy. A person is not just his/her bad moments, but the sum of ALL their moments.

3) First instance Leonard was being unfaithful to Priya which everybody hated so not too many people cared, and most were happy because it brought about the end of their relationship.

4) Second instance was Leonard being unfaithful to Penny. o me there has never been a more OOC scene in the whole show. To me the writers pulled it out of their asses.

5) Even if Raj is innocent of what you say he's innocent , he's 1 million times a worse person than Leonard. As I said a person is the sum of ALL their actions, not just 2.

6) Finally, let's also remember that it was a-) just kissing (yes, there are degrees)  b-) With Mandy, as presented in the show there wasn't any real intent on Leonard's part, or Mandy's for that matter.

• Like 3