The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion Topic: Season 9

1 hour ago, serena_nyc1995 said:

They are pictured as individuals , not as couples. So maybe that is why Shamy and Lenny are not placed together. But I don't want to look for reasons to be paranoid , just because Penny's hand is on Sheldon's shoulder. I mean, Kaley's hand is on Jim's shoulder in the other group pic someone posted here as well.  Lol. 

As horrible  as the photoshop is  I think Sheldon and Raj are looking very HOT in this photo ! LOL. Jim does have a great 'suit body' and he always looks hot when he puts on  a suit and Kunal looks great too.

Jim's suit body is always on point. It's that damn height that does the job every time...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, serena_nyc1995 said:

They are pictured as individuals , not as couples. So maybe that is why Shamy and Lenny are not placed together. But I don't want to look for reasons to be paranoid , just because Penny's hand is on Sheldon's shoulder. I mean, Kaley's hand is on Jim's shoulder in the other group pic someone posted here as well.  Lol. 

As horrible  as the photoshop is  I think Sheldon and Raj are looking very HOT in this photo ! LOL. Jim does have a great 'suit body' and he always looks hot when he puts on  a suit and Kunal looks great too.

Yes, my point. Thanks.  Overlooking the fact that the two of them are actually a couple. But that's not the pitch here. The pitch is they are portrayed as individuals. That serves TPTB's narrative, because they are determinedly waving off the slightly inconvenient issue that they married two of their leads, but then are carrying on as if that hadn't really happened because... well, it's a bit awkward, going forward. Hence the crappy wedding  (we all loved that. /s) and the now posited redo. And who needs paranoia for reasons, Lol? It's on the page. As Amy doesn't get the love, nor does L/P.

They do scub up nicely. True.  And Leonard must have left his coat in a bedroom. If only Penny's hair were proper tousled. 

• Like 2

The Big Bang Theory art work for publicity etc. is never coupled up, it is about the main three.  Sheldon, Leonard and Penny front and center, in different combinations.  Google TBBT and choose "images" you will see what I mean.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, vonmar said:

The Big Bang Theory art work for publicity etc. is never coupled up, it is about the main three.  Sheldon, Leonard and Penny front and center, in different combinations.  Google TBBT and choose "images" you will see what I mean.

Similarly, on shows like Conan earlier this year, the big three were in the front row, and the other four were behind them.

0849-guest-1-5-56ce704544058.jpeg

Edited by Lady in Red
  • Like 3

In the season six all the are couples are shown together and in season eight Lenny and Shamy are coupled.   In seasons five and seven, Leonard and Penny are next to each other. See this post by Nograv for images.   

• Like 1

The promo cover is like a Rorschach Test. An image is used and the subject is asked about what emotions the image provokes. And just like the last few comments show about this promo photo, we all see different things: Penny is just leaning on a friend, Shelnard, the 'big three' are in front.

What I see is Sheldon front and center, because the circle is deliberately drawn primarily around him. What I see next is Shenny. Because in this intentionally placed circle that only includes Sheldon and Penny, my eye draws up from Sheldon's shoulder where Penny's hand is resting on it, and goes right up to Penny. And yes, by the way, the third thing I see is the jagged line that goes from Penny and banks left and ends at Leonard. 

It's just like the ink blot test. We see an image and we interpret it based on our perceptions. So what I see is Sheldon front and center, then Shenny, and thirdly Lenny. 

Now to my interpretation. Does this subtlety/subconsciously/sub-liminally mean that TPTB are going to press forward with Sheldon - based shows (like we had all of Seasons 8 and 9) with a strong stench of Shenny (like we were given through Season 8 and 9) but oh -- the crooked line is there to reminds us that Lenny are the canon couple. Because when I look at that promo photo, that's what I see: Sheldon is primary (gag), Shenny is secondary (vomit) and Lenny comes in a distant third. 

And I don't like what I see.

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, 5Mississippis said:

we all see different things

That's true. I just see a horrible photoshop crime.

I don't care about badly executed "artwork". What counts for me is what I see on screen. And that is, that I have the genuine feeling that Lenny are on the right track again. I also think that Shamy are in a good place.

Edited by luminous
  • Like 9

If you look at the cover on the season 9 DVD and the Conan appearance what do you see? It seems to me they look a lot older in the Conan picture. As to the actual cover itself diehards are going to buy it no matter what. I'm not sure though what the incentive is to the fans that are undecided.

A couple of posts have been hidden. Please remember the additional rules that were added in February

Derogatory, or sarcastic comments towards others opinions, or the implication that your opinion is better than somebody else's.

We want you to post your own opinions of the show, but we want people to be careful where they start expressing their opinion on other people's opinions.  People have a right to express an opinion without being bogged down in negativity or arguments. No one opinion is better than another, so people shouldn't try to prove theirs is.

In this instance, feel free to state your opinion about the cover, don't make derogatory or negative comments on what you think of others opinions of the cover.

16 minutes ago, Vittoria Jacoel said:

I found this on internet:

http://m.ign.com/articles/2016/05/22/the-big-bang-theory-season-9-review

lyInviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

• "But as the season wore on, the show failed to achieve a consistent focus or to make use of characters like Howard, Bernadette and Raj in the same way it did Sheldon, Leonard and Penny."

Odd things to say. Of course the characters don't all get the same treatment! They never have. As far as focus goes the first half of the season had an long arc uncharacteristic of the series. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Vittoria Jacoel said:

For me IGN isn't right about the review!for me the score is 9!

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

IGN is spot on. Except TBBT has been showing its age since S7

• Like 2

I'm afraid I agree with IGN about the points they've made (it really was a fair review) 

Of course I'm not as put off or enraged as some fans were this season 

mostly just confused and a tad frustrated 

But I still hold optimism for season 10 :icon_cheesygrin: 

I agree with the review, especially about Lenny. There was a lot of drama between them (08X24) for nothing. The second half of the season was irregular and the finale was completely forgettable.

a fair review although I disagree about Sheldon's "growth". I see no difference in the charecter in 924 from the one in 901 coitus may as well have never happened and any " lesson" he learned (such as empathy) were forgotten by the next episode.

The charecter of Sheldon has allways been both one of the shows greatest strengths and it's greatest weakness

Edited by JE7
  • Like 4

I found the IGN review to be very biased, the author bragging on how great Shamy were but not addressing that all that drama went nowhere and not even seeing that at the end of the season 9 Sheldon and Amy are no different than season 8.  And a lot of us enjoyed the last episode ranking it as one on the best of the season, while some us thought that Sheldon giving Amy sex as a gift instead of because he loved her to be about the most heartless and unromantic thing Sheldon could do.

• Like 5

I don't disagree with your points but I think the review pretty well captured the view of the millions (and millions) of "casual viewers" who are after all who it was written for

• Like 1

I think they got most of it right, they rightly pointed out that the start of the season was more drama less comedy than we are used to seeing and at times it pretty raw and emotional. Despite the shift in tone the first half was very strong imo in terms of the acting but then about halfway through they tried to get back to more comedy which perhaps led to what to some might have felt as an unbalanced season.

Not sure I agree with the Lenny comments. It's seems like they wanted to see some major drama for them as well because Sheldon and Amy were in a pretty dark place and they wanted to continue the heavy drama theme of this season and. I don't know, I think there was enough drama already going on and if most of the characters were in turmoil I'm not sure it would have worked.

Disagree strongly with their comments about Platonic Permutation. They are basically saying it was the 'shit' episode of the season, did they not watch the Viewing Party Combustion then? That episode was pure shite.

They are spot on with Raj lol

If you read the comments below the article it sounds like they would have been happy the show ended around Season 3, which it would have done had they not evolved the characters. All over social media you get all these comments about the show sucks, they aren't nerdy anymore etc and yet the show is still popular in terms of viewing figures. You know what that tells you, they must be doing something right...

Overall I enjoyed the season despite it at times feeling like a heartbreaking experience.

Edited by Jonny83
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, SRAM said:

I found the IGN review to be very biased, the author bragging on how great Shamy were but not addressing that all that drama went nowhere and not even seeing that at the end of the season 9 Sheldon and Amy are no different than season 8.  And a lot of us enjoyed the last episode ranking it as one on the best of the season, while some us thought that Sheldon giving Amy sex as a gift instead of because he loved her to be about the most heartless and unromantic thing Sheldon could do.

Wow, this just makes me sad.  This forum is a hard place to be sometimes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SRAM said:

And a lot of us enjoyed the last episode ranking it as one on the best of the season, while some us thought that Sheldon giving Amy sex as a gift instead of because he loved her to be about the most heartless and unromantic thing Sheldon could do.

He showed Amy how much he loved her in 9.23 that he sent Stuart to go shopping with her since he had more important things to do.

13 minutes ago, vonmar said:

You're right. It makes me sad too. For Sheldon to give Amy sex just as a gift is truly very sad. I don't know why they are so cruel to Amy sometimes.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Not as sad as it should make Amy feel.

• Like 1

What actually happened on screen = facts: for example not once during the episode did Sheldon express any personal desire to have sex with amy he only spoke of it as a gift so she wouldn't be upset with him again. 

Edited by Tensor
Comment removed to comply with current rules.
  • Like 1