[Spoilers] Discussion Topic: Season 9

Tensor

I'm not even mad about the Shenny dream kiss, although the visual sure looks yucky. It would be like watching brother and sister make out. (MY OPINION)

I'm just sad that Shamy has to go through this when we were making such great progress in S8. Lenny was one step away from he altar and then all of a sudden it's like Twilight zone in TBBT. We have a cheating Leonard from 2 years ago suddenly feeling guilty and we have Amy who put up with much much worse from Sheldon boiling over a distracted make out session, which in my headcanon wasn't distracted at all, he was just giving an excuse because he was so into it.

• Like 2

I'm not even mad about the Shenny dream kiss, although the visual sure looks yucky. It would be like watching brother and sister make out. (MY OPINION)

I thought it would just be bad, but you reminded me that last season, when they took the love test, that they both agreed they cared about each other like brother and sister, so yes that kiss is going to be gross.

• Like 7

I thought it would just be bad, but you reminded me that last season, when they took the love test, that they both agreed they cared about each other like brother and sister, so yes that kiss is going to be gross.

Exactly!!  For the next several months after seeing it, I know I'm going to physically shutter when I see my brother and sadly the poor guys not going to know what the hell my problem is because he doesn't even watch this show.

• Like 2

I have one question and if it has been raised before, my apologies.  There is a bra in the box that Sheldon claims to believe is Amy's.  I know that this is just a ruse, but when could he claim that Amy would have left that Bra.  Yes they had a sleep over, but she did not bring a change of clothes.  So is it the assumption that she wore all her other clothing the next day, but decided to go bra less.

I'm sure Sheldon didn't think this through. He was just looking for a way to get her. It doesn't have to be logical in any way.

• Like 2

I have one question and if it has been raised before, my apologies.  There is a bra in the box that Sheldon claims to believe is Amy's.  I know that this is just a ruse, but when could he claim that Amy would have left that Bra.  Yes they had a sleep over, but she did not bring a change of clothes.  So is it the assumption that she wore all her other clothing the next day, but decided to go bra less.

it was penny's bra and Sheldon was trying to infer to Amy that something was going on with them but Amy saw through that

• Like 2

How was the kiss? Lips open or closed? Hands? Heads? I asked on Shamy tread but I think it's more right here. :) Im curious.

Im Shamy's fan but I think the kiss dont mind because its a dream of Leonard...

From what I've read the kiss it's pretty passionate... but I agree with you! It will be strange to watch but it's not made on purpose by the characters... 

• Like 1

This thought just popped in my head and let me just throw it out there.  By having a "make out" session between Sheldon and Penny - are the writers trying to exhibit to viewers that Sheldon can be a sexual being?  Maybe I'm giving the writers too much credit but I'm just trying to figure out why they thought it was a good idea to have this sequence beside the insecurity bull.  Is this somehow setting up some future Shamy activity that won't seem so bad?

Thought?  And please be kind...

• Like 3

After reading AND watching 8*24, I was really mad. It looked like drama for drama's sake, that kiss from 2 years ago, Amy who goes crazy over an innocent line when she put up with much worse in the past.

Now, I'm just sad and disappointed because TPTB are obviously stretching things out, especially for Sheldon and Amy. After such a great Shamy season, it's totally ruining everything and I don't get why. Up to now all we get is a childish Sheldon. It doesn't look like growth but regression, and that makes me pessimistic about the future. Why are they going to make Sheldon adult and mature when the Big Baby is soooooooooooooooo funny?

But if they really wan Sheldon to go through the 5 stages, here is what might happen:

In my opinion, we are still on stage 1: denial. Episode 1 was about Sheldon being confused about the definition of a break, mistook it for a break up and pressured Amy so that she shortens her time out. I'll call that " Stage 1 step 1"

Now that they really are broken up, episode 2 is about Sheldon trying to get Amy through ridiculous means. He thinks he can do it. Denial once again: " Stage 1 step 2 "

So very logically Episode 3 will be about Sheldon entering stage2: anger. If the girls are right and the SF trip ws really planned for Amy and him, the realization that they are really broken up for good and try as he may, he will never get her back will strike him. there is a possibility that angry Sheldon goes into " I don't want to see her anymore " mode.

Stage 3: depression is thus very likely to be staged in episode 4. Oh please TPTB, if one of you reads me, make it so that Sheldon doesn't even think of bargaining with Amy. Seeing someone desperate being rejected is no fun and is totally heartbreaking. In fact, I rather think that he will act like that episode in season 7 when he " broke up " with String Theory.

Stage 4 is what I fear the most. When I see the way Lenny reconciled, if Shamy has to suffer that long, I don't want a cheap reconciliation like Sheldon apologizing for his faults while Amy accepts to forgive him. She's faulty too and it's a 50/50 responsibility. For now, I don't have a good idea of a good reconciliation, I'm sorry guys, but everything I read on this forum sounds so cliché ( and too " Amy-sided " ) that I don't want that for this unique couple of weirdos.

• Like 2

This thought just popped in my head and let me just throw it out there.  By having a "make out" session between Sheldon and Penny - are the writers trying to exhibit to viewers that Sheldon can be a sexual being?  Maybe I'm giving the writers too much credit but I'm just trying to figure out why they thought it was a good idea to have this sequence beside the insecurity bull.  Is this somehow setting up some future Shamy activity that won't seem so bad?

A few people have mentioned this thought already, so you're not alone in this. I'm not so sure though. The guys actually seeing it live in the taping have implied that the kiss was very OOC for Sheldon and rather looked like Jim making out. This is a Dream-Sheldon we might never get to see again. But as I want to stay positive: I hope you're right, Kasey!

• Like 3

Very good point and I actually believe this is at least part of the reason now that you bring it up. The writers have been doing that for a while now with Sheldon here and there.  They've had their own unique ways of letting us know that Sheldon, slowly but surely, is becoming that person who desires Amy physically as well as intellectually. They had an almost kiss between he and Amy in Amy's dream before a real one that occurred on the train. They had an almost kiss between he and Penny in Amy's dream. Before that, he admitted twice that sex with Amy is a possibility now, he dropped his pants in front of her to make her "laugh" and in yet another dream sequence, he's butt-ass naked in front of her....and here we are at this current dream involving he and Penny in a passionate make out session. So yes, I definitely believe there's something to that. That's the writers way of getting the audience used to seeing him in such a way when for the first few seasons, he was sooooo uninterested in anyone that way.

• Like 6

absolutely!  They are totally getting the audience ready for sexual Sheldon and because its such a big step and we've seen this character grow they are easing viewers to this.  The signs for seasons now have pointed towards this.  And this full blown make-out (while not how I imagine Shamy on the show as this make-out was absolutely so OOC and not emotional as Shamy even heated would be with love & desire) was def hot and you did see him more as a man.  So I do think it was done first and foremost for shock THEN to take those planted seeds and make them grow.  After this make-out we get 3+ full on sexual innuendos by Sheldon, two very intentional with him knowing exactly what they mean and even says to Amy about the gentials comment "oh you got that did you"...very TELLING!!

Edited by kerrycec03
  • Like 2

Very good point and I actually believe this is at least part of the reason now that you bring it up. The writers have been doing that for a while now with Sheldon here and there.  They've had their own unique ways of letting us know that Sheldon, slowly but surely, is becoming that person who desires Amy physically as well as intellectually. They had an almost kiss between he and Amy in Amy's dream before a real one that occurred on the train. They had an almost kiss between he and Penny in Amy's dream. Before that, he admitted twice that sex with Amy is a possibility now, he dropped his pants in front of her to make her "laugh" and in yet another dream sequence, he's butt-ass naked in front of her....and here we are at this current dream involving he and Penny in a passionate make out session. So yes, I definitely believe there's something to that. That's the writers way of getting the audience used to seeing him in such a way when for the first few seasons, he was sooooo uninterested in anyone that way.

I hope so! I think that the writers want to show us this possible new side of Sheldon... what I just don't understand is why they decided to do this kind of thing now and not when Shamy were not so "real" as a couple... season 8 has been a dream and now the situasition seems to regress... I'm positive but I'm also afraid...

• Like 3

I am sure at one moment I will watch the scene we do not talk about (assuming it won't be cut).

This is me then...

al_bundy.gif

Python gives me some envision of this forum when the ep starts.

Us, running from TV, with no sense of direction. :cool:

monty-python-silly-olympics-o.thumb.gif.

• Like 7

Python gives me some envision of this forum when the ep starts.

Us, running from TV, with no sense of direction. :cool:

monty-python-silly-olympics-o.thumb.gif.

I will watch it like I watch horror movies: with curiosity but at the same time covering my eyes with my hand:icon_rolleyes:

• Like 2

On 20.8.2015 at 5:28 PM, mysteryrose10 said:

I heard there's was lip biting while they were kissing but I don't know I hope they do keep it all too.

...but they're still alive....   :icon_rolleyes:

Edited by veejay
  • Like 3

I hope so! I think that the writers want to show us this possible new side of Sheldon... what I just don't understand is why they decided to do this kind of thing now and not when Shamy were not so "real" as a couple... season 8 has been a dream and now the situasition seems to regress... I'm positive but I'm also afraid...

That's why I never like to get too comfortable. In fact, when people were devastated that Sheldon took off on a train I flat out posted that it ain't over, there will be more. LOL.

Just when you think your ship is in perfect condition and sailing along nicely...BAM! Something like this happens. LOL. I know Shamy will be okay in the end. I can't wait to see how Sheldon gets himself out of this one to get his lady back. I look forward to when it clicks in his damn head. LOL.

BTW, your siggy is sexy. THANK YOU, MICHY. LOL.

• Like 7

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic