[Spoilers] Gripes And Moans: Season 9

Tensor

This topic is for expressing dissatisfaction with season 9. If there is something you don't like, you can post it here.  Tripper and I have discussed this and to make this work and have decided that this will be a no debate zone.   To accomplish this, we have some special rules for this topic only: 

1.  Gripes or complaints are limited to SEASON 9 ONLY.   Comparisons to previous seasons are allowed to explain the reasons for the complaint, but the complaint has to be about season 9.  

2.  A poster will be able to post a specific or similar complaint, and the reasons why (if any) once in this topic. Multiple posts complaining about the same thing are allowed, as long as the posts are by different posters.   

3.  Opposing comments will not be allowed in this thread.  

4.  Whether a post is similar to a previous complaint, or a post is in opposition to a complaint will be determined by the admins or moderators.

• 2 months later...

And how OOC is it for Sheldon to keep the secret about Mandy from Penny, one of his closest friends! In the past he would NOT be able to do this. Always lol when his face distorts and quivers when he tries to keep a secret.

• Like 6

This story line was inserted to inject further (unnecessary) tension into the Lenny relationship. The writers on TBBT have clearly hit the wall and can no longer come up with anything fresh. Two of the characters, Sheldon and Howard, become increasingly juvenile as time passes. Leonard has not progressed much over the past four seasons and Raj is as marginalized as ever. Bernadette has been morphed into Howard's mother; a process that began before they were married. Amy has grown and is no longer a suitable match for Sheldon due to his increasingly infantile regression. Penny is so far removed from her original character that she is essentially unrecognizable. 

From episode one the Lenny was headed to the altar. Instead of allowing them to have a happy experience there has to be the introduction of this unnecessary tension. Such behavior is completely out of character for Leonard and it's doubtful he could have kept such a secret for two years. Especially when he apparently has daily contact with the other woman. Continuity of story has never been much of a concern to TBBT writers but this is a bigger screw-up than normal.

• Like 8

This topic is for expressing dissatisfaction with season 9. If there is something you don't like, you can post it here.  Tripper and I have discussed this and to make this work and have decided that this will be a no debate zone.   To accomplish this, we have some special rules for this topic only: 

1.  Gripes or complaints are limited to SEASON 9 ONLY.   Comparisons to previous seasons are allowed to explain the reasons for the complaint, but the complaint has to be about season 9.  

2.  A poster will be able to post a specific or similar complaint, and the reasons why (if any) once in this topic. Multiple posts complaining about the same thing are allowed, as long as the posts are by different posters.   

3.  Opposing comments will not be allowed in this thread.  

4.  Whether a post is similar to a previous complaint, or a post is in opposition to a complaint will be determined by the admins or moderators.

It is honestly sad that this forum has come to this.  But I think you are right, under the circumstances, to make a new topic.  

I'm with Tensor on this ... this is sooo OOC for Leonard .... could it be a DREAM sequence ... like when he got back with Penny ????

Well Sheldon is being Sheldon .. he has not regressed he is being his shellfish self as always .. go back when they bought the dining table he didn't want it

and basically cried until they got rid of it he has never really treated Amy right always belittled her and everyone else's work, never admits to being wrong .

OHHHHH well  got to wait for S9 E2 now

• Like 2

It is honestly sad that this forum has come to this.  But I think you are right, under the circumstances, to make a new topic.  

Ginny, this topic was created when the rest of season 9 was created.  It isn't something new that was just created this week.  Remember, this was only for complaints about season 9, and up until Wednesday morning, we didn't have anything to complain about. 

It provides a place to voice a complaint without the back and forth of someone arguing with you.   Which is why there is no debate( and the only things that should be here are things a poster is unhappy with, in season 9.   But, it is also the reason posters are allowed to complain about a particular thing only  once.  If anyone wants to complain about things more than once, you will have to take it to the proper thread. 

So please, if you don't see anything wrong, remember what the topic is for and remember, no discussion. 

Lenny wedding is absolutely disappointing. After years and years of this tension, and then come to this. None of their friends were even there and didn't even witness it. So my gripes and moans about season 9 is this. The wedding sucks... 

But because of this, i think that the writers will be making another wedding for them. Like a do over wedding, more romantic, sincere, heartwarming and beautiful (or even funny in a good way), with family and friends.. I sure hope so... Fingers crossed. 

Edited by The Sweet Compounder
  • Like 4

To be clear about this topic.  It is for people to make one specific complaint per post. Debate about another members post, in this topic is not allowed, and neither is discussion, in this thread.   Please remember that.  

Lenny's story line just makes no sense to me. Why on earth would tptb bring up the drunken kiss woman (idk her name and I don't care to remember it) again and have her working with Leonard all that time. I'm usually a pretty positive person, but I don't see where this is going. Ugh! Too much drama!!!!

• Like 3

I dont get having amazing, isolated moments in the past. With simple, small moments. But when comes to the wedding, they put it together like a crappy wrapped subway, all messy and tacky lol. Why have Leonard share a messy, drunk kiss with someone. Then.have her work at his place work for two years? Is she a stalker? Or just some kinda nymph? None of it makes sense, and i hope theirs closure soon. 

• Like 3

If they make this thing with Mandy worse than it already is, it is going to ruin Lenny and the show for me.  It is already bad enough they seem to be trashing Leonard the last couple of season, but the whole premiss of the show seems to be changing to a show centered around one character.

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

The sheldonistas have won. There is now no thread on the forum that is not dominated by discussion of Sheldon and his "motivations" any question of his actions and you are being "hostile" any criticism and you are " starting a ship war " an attempt to discuss anything else in the general thread is strangly enuff met almost immediately by a six inch post about Sheldon which is quoted and followed by another six inch post etc... Until the attempt is simply buried 

They only thread they don't dominate is Lenny ship and that is not for discussion of anything else. The sad part is they do it intentionally, I will maintain my membership so I can pm with the friends I have made and post some in the Lenny thread but that's it. 

The really sad part is it is hurting my enjoyment of the show, I couldnt tell you if the Sheldon or Shamy bits the last couple of weeks were funny because I fast forwarded past them I had enough Sheldon here I didnt want more

It may well be time to face facts and call the forum what it is even if Tripper dosent officially change the name.,.. It's SheldonHQ

Edited by JE7
  • Like 4

I would have to agree with you JE7 in that Sheldon/Shamy is overtaking not only the show but the whole board.  I was just in the Johnny Galecki thread and there was a mention of Shamy....I mean seriously?

I think though, to be fair, those of us who are less interested in Sheldon/Shamy should just hang out in the Lenny thread and just enjoy the show for those 3 seconds of Lenny goodness we get on average.  Either that or hone up on our scrolling skills....

• Like 4

I hear ya but the Lenny thread is for positive Lenny there is simply no place left to actually debate the show. Any questions or criticism is quickly attacked. We could discuss rajly or Howerdette for a little while before they push you aside but bring up Lenny outside the Lenny thread or be less than supportive of Sheldon and the attack dogs come out of the woodwork

• Like 3

Just wanted to say I am not looking forward to the next two episodes. Because tbh last episode when it was Shamy scenes, It was so boring! I am sorry I just find their scenes boring lol. It's not that I dislike Shamy, I don't. I Don't know I guess I just find Lenny a bit more unique ironically. I can understand both sides. One said saying the S9 thread has disintegrated. And their seems to be only one topic or discussion allowed. The those says that is not intentional, its part of the general discussion of the show. But the point is not everyone wants to have a essay discussion about Sheldon's "urges". And when you try to change the topic, it gets hijacked pretty quickly. I don't know it is prob a make up of how your experience is shaped. IT is The Sheldon Show, or Shamy Show by extension. It can get annoying, but it is what it is.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, JE7 said:

I hear ya but the Lenny thread is for positive Lenny there is simply no place left to actually debate the show. Any questions or criticism is quickly attacked. We could discuss rajly or Howerdette for a little while before they push you aside but bring up Lenny outside the Lenny thread or be less than supportive of Sheldon and the attack dogs come out of the woodwork

Oh I hear ya.  I think I said in my real long post (well it was for me) that too many people think that if you don't like what they like you're attacking them personally. 

I really don't want to see Shamy in bed or post-anything.  I mean just don't want to see it.  While I would not say it on the Shamy thread, I should be able to speak freely on the Season 9 thread. 

And I don't think it's the mods job to police us per se.  I hope we are all adult enough.  What I see though is a few who just want to start crap and read into everything. 

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Kasey said:

Oh I hear ya.  I think I said in my real long post (well it was for me) that too many people think that if you don't like what they like you're attacking them personally. 

I really don't want to see Shamy in bed or post-anything.  I mean just don't want to see it.  While I would not say it on the Shamy thread, I should be able to speak freely on the Season 9 thread. 

And I don't think it's the mods job to police us per se.  I hope we are all adult enough.  What I see though is a few who just want to start crap and read into everything. 

Maybe somebody needs to discover the difference between a 'real' TV-Show and some Fan-Fiction.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have a gripe about S9 - why no Beverley so far? Does she even know P&L are married? And I think S should ask her advice about Amy - surely her advice could make things amusingly worse. And her comments on A's closet stunt should be worth hearing.

17 minutes ago, JohnPhD said:

I have a gripe about S9 - why no Beverley so far? Does she even know P&L are married? And I think S should ask her advice about Amy - surely her advice could make things amusingly worse. And her comments on A's closet stunt should be worth hearing.

The actress that plays Leonards mom is on another show full time.  I think it's called "The Good Wife."

S9 Gripes:

Leonard kiss that he bottled up for 2 years.  Overall, it worked out but just not a fan of it and how it came out of left field.

Shamy:  I was keeping and open mind but this really just ruined them for me.  It really just rubs me the wrong way the whole thing and the way it played out--especially Amy in all of it.  I said all along if this break up was to get Shamy in bed...I'd hate it.  I was right.  I hate it.  It wasn't about a new, improved Shamy.  It was about poor Amy getting her way and Sheldon manning up. Yawn!  Over it. 

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

I love the character growths but sometimes they just lose their spark.

Penny: yes, she is more matured now but when I watched seasons 1-7, she's pretty eccentric with the guys' unique behavior. Now, she's like 'yeah, i got used to it' with a bored look on her face or on her phone. I think I've only seen her so interested in recently was Amy's dating life outside Sheldon. I'm not a 'vintage bigbang' kinda fan but I do miss her interactions with the nerds.

Sheldon: A couple of interviews and reviews have stressed that Sheldon IS Sheldon. The change (or inconsistency) I have an issue with Sheldon now is not on how Amy made an impact on his life. I'm a Shamy shipper so I'm a bit biased at that point. My issue is that he IS Sheldon but his struggle in social interactions are now kind of being used as an excuse for his douche-baggery to prove to viewers that he IS still Sheldon while the younger Sheldon comes across as sincerely clueless yet still try, even if struggling (and sometimes failing), to improve his social interactions. (He did kind of gave up his spot for Penny in the Pilot even if it was for a short while and he had a log of his social interactions of some sorts).

Bernadette: She used to be so sweet with her Howie. Now, she's kind of being dismissive with him. The Bernadette that contributed to Howard 2.0 was the Bernadette who can relate to his maternal problems, found him as a sexy Buzz Lightyear, and backed him up as he did her. I mean his mother died in Season 8. I know it's douchie to use your mother's death as an excuse to stay childish but the death of one's mother (especially in a relationship where you are basically attached to her) can't be gotten over easily in less than a year that you can easily just dismiss it.

Amy: I miss Amy who can understand how Sheldon's brain works. I think somewhere in season 8, whenever Sheldon says something really weird or has an out-of-this-world idea, she's frowning along with the guys like she doesn't get him. I wish Mayim's acting choice in these moments would change. I do love Mayim.

RajA show that celebrates uniqueness and makes statements on how being left out is difficult for these unique people almost completely leaves out Raj's story. He pretty much doesn't have his own story arc. I love Shamy, but I think they have gotten much attention away from other characters. I hope the future (as indicated by tptb interviews) would change this.

And my greatest disappointment was in how they wrote Leonard: Yes, this has been resolved. But nothing can take away the scars that wounded Lenny hearts in the Season 8 finale. What I always loved about Leonard was how stubbornly in love he is with Penny. He IS a fighter, Kaley and Johnny said so. Now, I don't know. The wound has healed but the scars stay, I guess. I'm not even going to start with the wedding. I just hope they make a beautiful surprise wedding re-do of it.

As for Howard, well I'm too sorry for his mother's death that I could care less how childish he is now. I have a mama's boy for a boyfriend. And I understand how his mother will ALWAYS have a special place in his heart and that I'll never replace her. I find it sweet that he kind of sees his mother in me because in a twisted kind of way, this tells me I'm his special one. I don't know if it's gross or what to other people. To me, it's just sweet.

Wow, this is too much rant. I guess this is how much I love the characters. But note that I'm not generalizing the entire season. My observations are just taken from bits and pieces of episodes and scenes of this and some previous seasons' episodes that hit me and not the whole season 9 per se. And apologies to those who don't agree. Anyway, you're not allowed to argue with me in here that's why I feel so safe posting this. Hahahaha! I also want to say that this rant is just 5% of my feelings for TBBT. 95% of it is on the admiring. Make of that what you will. :)  I hope the writers don't mess up anymore. Opening Night Excitation for example.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I am a huge Shamy shipper and while I have been happy with everything related to them in season 9, nearly everything else falls short. The show as a whole is just not what it used to be. Things that bug me about this season. Please remember that this is all my opinion and I understand not everyone feels this way. 

no balance: I don't feel like we get enough from every character. When was the last time Bernadette got a decent storyline? Raj gets hardly no storylines as well. 

Lenny has been ignored: Even though I am not a very big Lenny shipper, I can admit to this. I did not like the wedding and they rarely get any storylines lately. Shouldn't married people talk about things like kids, moving somewhere else, or just in general? The fact that they still "sort of" live with Sheldon bothers me. 

Lack of group scenes: I know this stems from the Shamy break up, but this show shines with group episodes. Most of my talks with fellow Shamy fans is a want/need for more group scenes. 

Lost storylines get forgotten: Case in point, whoever got tenure at the University? 

Writing has gone downhill: Obviously this is entirely my opinion but I think with the guarantee of 3 more seasons, the writers knew they didn't have to worry about writing stellar episodes. And it might just be me, but I swear the episodes are getting shorter and shorter. 

All in all this season has been a sad one for me so far. I only re watch episodes for Shamy moments and lucky for me there are a lot of them. I will watch the show until the end because of Shamy, but I want to enjoy the other characters along the way. 

• Like 9